Stepsiblings

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What? Oh, yeah, yeah," Charlotte's mum let go, feeling slightly embarrassed. "This is going well. Next up, Charlie," she nudged her partner, proud of how she was reacting.

Charlotte stuck her foot out on the stairs, ready for Krystal to trip over it.

Krystal went upstairs and noticed Charlotte's foot, "I'm not as stupid as you make me out to be dumbass," she said harshly, only loud enough for Charlotte to hear.
Once she was in her room she called up her friends. "You know we always have your back," they said, "you can sneak out tonight, sounds like you need a break."

Her dad waited for Charlotte to come downstairs.

Charlotte walked downstairs, "Why is there no white chocolate in this house?"
"I'll get some for you, tomorrow, if you want Charlie."
"Oh. Alright then, thanks Mum." She smiled, grateful, and poured some lemonade.

Her father looked towards Charlotte, not knowing what to say.
"Hey Charlie, mind me asking if anything is wrong?"

"There's no white chocolate. It's my favourite food in the whole world," Charlotte said, that was true, but not really what was bugging her. "I'm okay though."
"You are the worst liar ever, Charlotte. It's actually funny."

She sent a text to Krystal's dad so Charlotte wouldn't hear. 'I'll ask Krystal then.'

"Hey, Krystal, can I come in?"

"I have to go bye," Krystal said quickly to her friends on the phone. "You can come in."

"How about me and you head out to get some white chocolate then?" her dad asked Charlotte while her mom was talking to Krystal.

"Okay, thanks," Charlotte smile, though she was confused why he was taking her so seriously. Her mum didn't understand her slight obsession with white, but he was so...relaxed about it.

"Lovely room by the way, but can we talk? Charlie's being weird, did something happen? You can tell me, I won't get mad, and I won't tell your dad anything he doesn't need to know."

Krystal shrugged, "I don't know, why don't you ask her," Krystal said without even caring.

Her dad went in the car with Charlotte so they can go get chocolate.

"Because she's stubborn. Please, Krystal. This is really important. What if she was so sad she wanted to die? What kind of family would we be?"

"I'm too stupid to answer that," Krystal said quietly. She really didn't know what was wrong with her, just that she seemed to hate Krystal.

"You aren't stupid," her mum assured, "You are clever in many ways."

"You want to know what's wrong with Charlotte? She hates me, that's what." Krystal said before going on her phone to text her friends.

"But...why?" she whimpered, but left the room without an anewer.

Krystal watched Charlotte's mother leave the room before going back to her phone.

Her dad just came back home from the store with white chocolate.

"Mum, you don't need to get white chocolate. Dad got some," Charlotte shown her mum the chocolate, before sitting in the kitchen on the island counter with the lemonade and the white chocolate.

"That's going well. She's calling you dad already," Charlotte's mum nudged her fiancé. "Does Krystal like theme parks?"

Her dad couldn't help the smile that grew on his face when he heard Charlotte call him 'dad'.
"I'm not sure if she does... last time I took her to one she five with her mother,"

"Well, what do you do for fun then? Do you go on holiday or something?"

"I know she likes concerts and movies," her dad tried to think of the places she would have liked.

"She's become distant over the years..." he said to defend himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.