Stepsiblings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlotte lay there for a second, just in shock of falling down so soon, and then stood up. She looked at the grazes on her elbows, blood trickling down to her hands, and pitied herself, before she realised she deserved it.

Inside, her mum looked up and said, "Where's Krystal?"
"Oh, yeah, because Krystal's the golden child and I'm the kid on the side," Charlotte replied bitterly, stomping up the stairs and lying down on the wooden floor earlier that day she had spray painted gold with something Krystal had landed to her, and she lay there in a ball, curled up with her head buried in her knees, she cried.

Krystal ran to a dark alley. She angrily punched the brick wall before slid down to the ground, silently crying.
Charlotte's words rang in her ears, No wonder your mum left you.
"What's a little girl like you doing back here?" A man stood over top of her.
Krystal quickly wiped her tears to appear more tough, "I wasn't doing anything, in fact I was just leaving." The man laughed and made to grab Krystal but she quickly dodged him and kicked him where she knew it would hurt most. Krystal ran back to the house, but went in the backyard so she still couldn't be seen.

"Charlotte? What happened?" Her dad asked as he called up the stairs.

"Nothing," Charlotte choked through sobs and looked at the redness of the drops of blood against the gold, and she thought that she wished she had just left it white. "It's cold. And I'm tired," she lied. Charlotte was not an experienced liar, which made her a terrible liar.

Krystal's dad looked toward his girlfriend, "go find Krystal... I'll take care of this."
He went upstairs and to Charlotte's room, "What happened... and what happened to your arms?" He added after seeing the scrapes.

Krystal took the little baggie of pills out her pockets. She looked at them as tears rolled down her face again. It wasn't until then that she realized her right hand was in a lot pain... probably from punching the brick wall.

Charlotte's mum panicked, "Oh, okay, then. Umm...how do you look for her? I'll ask the neighbours," and off she went.

"Nothing happened," Charlotte insisted, "I fell over, that's all," even though she knew if she had tripped, scrapes would be on her hands rather than her elbows, "Can I have a plaster?" She tried to change the subject. "It was only down the street. Krystal said she was going to the...park...by herself."

"Charlotte I need you to be honest with me... did Krystal really say that? If she isn't there she might be in more trouble than she already is, and you will be in trouble for not telling me everything.."

As Charlotte's mother asked the neighbors, finally one of them said they saw her run towards the backyard, as though she was in trouble.

Charlotte looked up, "And you'll be mad at us both anyway. It's really bad." Her hand reached to the back of her neck to hold at the other side, something she often did when she was ashamed or felt guilty.

Her mum went into the backyard, "Krystal? What are you doing? Also, what is that?" She gasped at the pills, and grabbed them from Krystal. "Inside. NOW. We need to talk."

"But I didn't take any of them yet!" Krystal panicked. "You can't tell my dad!"

"Whatever it is, it's okay." Krystal's dad assured, once he heard yelling coming from the backyard he went down stairs though. "What's going on?"

"Krystal bought illegal stuff but I don't know its name so I annoyed her but then I said something about her mum and she pushed me so I did fall," Charlotte spoke quickly, as if she didn't want to be interrogated anymore.

"I don't care. Inside."

When Charlotte's mum came inside, "Krystal had these," she held up the bag. "Young lady, you are so glad you aren't Charlotte because you'd be grounded by now."

"Are you serous right now?! I thought we done with this kind of stuff! I'm taking you back to therapy tomorrow whether you like it or now!" her dad yelled.
"Dad please! I didn't even take them yet!"
"You wouldn't have bought them if you weren't planning on taking them!"
Krystal groaned and pushed past everyone and walked towards the front door.
"Krystal get back here! You aren't leaving this time!" her dad yelled furiously

Charlotte's mum grabbed Krystal's arm, but it fell out of her hands. Charlotte ran towards the door and stood in the way. "You can't run from everything," she murmured. "Like who you are."

"I'm not running from who I am," Krystal said coldly. "Why would you care anyway? It's the reason my mom left me remember?" she said to Charlotte.

Charlotte nodded, slowly. "I don't care, but my mum does." She felt the need to prove to her mum she was the best.

"I don't care, just let me through," Krystal said to the girl blocking the door.
"Why can't we ever talk about things like this Krystal?" her dad asked.
Krystal said nothing, just waited for Charlotte to move.

"Yeah, what's wrong with talkin'? You had no problem talking to me." Charlotte wanted Krystal to reply, to show a positive emotion.

"I don't need to talk about it," Krystal mumbled. She really wasn't going to take the pills... not unless she felt like she was under too much stress.

"I don't know how I'm to get through to you anymore," Krystal's dad said as he shook his head.

"Like this," Charlotte announced, stomping her foot down on Krystal's - hard. "What is wrong with you?! Why do you ignore us, or swat us away like flies?"

"Shit! What's wrong with you?! You just stomped on my f*cking foot!" Krystal yelled at Charlotte. "And I don't need people in my life!"

"Charlotte we don't need to revert to violence," Krystal's dad said.

((Didn't know if this was a curse free zone))

(It's fine.)

"Why not?! She pushed me into the f***ing road!" Charlotte yelled back.
"Charlotte, please don't swear..." her mum said weakly. "Don't yell at my daughter. Yours takes drugs. And Charlotte's violent?" She turned to her husband-to-be. "Let's all get some food and calm down."
"Because that fixes everything, doesn't it?" Charlotte had become quite bitter. She was learning to grow up. "Fine, leave. As if I care now," she stomped up the stairs, slamming the door.

Krystal began to get angry to point of tears threatening to fall. She left the house, slamming the door. She ran all the way back to the alley to see if the guy was still there selling drugs... she felt as though she needed them now.

Her father ran a hand through his hair in disbelieve. "I don't understand where I went wrong with her..." He then looked in the direction Charlotte ran off to.
Starting a new family was going to be difficult and he knew that, but he still didn't want to give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.