Alice grabbed her backpack straps and held them closed to her chest. "No really. I-I am f-fine. I am use to it." She started trembling realizing how stupid that sound and what it implied. She did not want the girl's feeling bad for her either as that would make everything harder. Sure her butt hurt a little but it was nothing that a nurse needed to see. Beside that, she did not like doctors. They too were a scam like the police who abused their status to milk money out of the public.

Then came the million dollar question, where was she going? Alice turned to her suitcase gripping it tightly. "Y-yes... but I w-wasn't lost and wandering around aimlessly looking for the dorm." She blew it again. She knew the girl would think she was lost. What kind of information expert gets lost on a school campus. Her face went red from embarrassment. She had to redeem herself somehow. "The dorm is that way right?" She pointed at a random direction behind her to her left. Hopefully she was right. Unlucky for her, she was completely wrong.

@Autumn

'Used to it?' As much as Emilia wanted to ask what the girl meant with her words, she decided to save it for later. The girl looked as if she would bolt any moment now! 'Well, I'm just glad she's fine.' Considering that a distracted mind was what caused the incident in the first place, she set aside unrelated thoughts for later on when she was alone. For now, she'd give the girl her full attention. And anyway, it would be rude not to. When her question was answered, she wasn't quite sure how to tell the girl that the direction she pointed to was the complete opposite. 'She's definitely lost.' She kept her thoughts to herself, not wanting to ruin the girl's dignity or confidence. "Yeah." It wasn't a lie. Indeed, there was a path to the dorm. But it'll take much longer to use that way.

"But there's a shortcut this way." She said, gesturing to the right with her right hand. "I was headed to the dorms too, want to go together?" It was just a suggestion. She wouldn't feel bad if the girl rejected. After all, they were strangers and given how shy the girl is, Emilia was half expecting to be rejected. Nevertheless, she put out the offer. If the girl got the direction completely wrong before, there's no telling that she won't again. 'Her stuff looks pretty heavy too.'

@Unyielding

Alice was not sure if the girl was lying to her, but when she mentioned "shortcut," Alice overlooked the action. Her head rose at the sound of the word. She loved taking the easier or quicker paths to her goals. It was what being a programer was all about. Also her backpack was getting heavy. "I-If it is okay wi-with you, c-could you sh-show me the shortcut." She forced her voice to be loud enough for the girl to clearly hear her but that made it come out a little higher pitch then normal. To her, the little things mattered for if one only took in the picture, they would only be sad and miserable all day.

@Autumn

"Totally okay with me." If Emilia had any comment as to the girl's heightened pitch, she didn't say. She was just glad to help. Or at least, glad that the girl wouldn't get lost. She'd feel guilty if the other did. "Come on, it's this way." She said, grabbing her suitcase which she had let go earlier due to the earlier event. She began to walk towards the way opposite to where the girl pointed to earlier, making sure to walk at a pace that could easily be kept up with. It occurred to her that she has yet to introduce herself. "I'm Em, by the way. What's your name?"[/i] She told the girl with the same friendly smile and cheerful tone she's had ever since this morning.

Alice followed behind the girl, noticing the girl's suitcase for the first time. Alice wondered if the girl was also new to the school. She would not mind as the girl seemed super nice and easy to manipulate. Who knows maybe she would end up as one of the popular girls in the school and would have a wide range of resources to which Alice could exploit. It was a win-win.

Then the sound of the girl's voice blew away all of Alice's scheming. The girl introduced her name as Em. That had to be a nickname. If Alice was going to blend it, she knew she would need a nickname. Something cool and threaten like AC. "I-I am A...li" Alice slapped her forehead after saying such a stupid name and forgetting to say AC. Well it was too late now. She was going to have to deal with the horrible name. Stupid shyness...

Last edited:
Lorenzo noticed noise, as loud as falling airplane (for him). He quickly opened his eyes, looking around.
~Ugh, stop flying...~
He looked on rocks, trying to calm his power down.

Meanwhile, his head exploded with pain. Whole park started to rumble, with trees shaking like in powerful wind.
Paths lightly cracked, with rock particles slowly lifting up.

Lorenzo fell from bench, holding his head, nearly crying from pain.
~D-don't l-lo-lose... Con-control....~
He muttered, with park rumbling around him.

Harkam was flying up in the sky, flapping his wings to get a good look at the city. There wasn't much that seemed to be going on. Then again everyone down on the ground had looked like ants to him. A rumbling was heard on the ground though, he looked towards where the noise might have been coming from. The park nearby seemed like there was an air about it that was not natural. What was natural in this city besides the average human or object anyways. He scratched his chin, thankfully not in dragon form or else he might be spotted quite easier.

So Harkam had flown down to the park, in a dive bomb sort of fashion. Increasing his speed ever so further it only took seconds before he used his wings like a parachute effect. It slowed him down as he arced forwards and upwards for a short moment, beating his wings down in a powerful motion that way he could land correctly. Landing on the grass, just a few feet away from Lorenzo. Not knowing him well enough, he might have only seen him at the school. "Well. Having some issues controling some of your powers am I correct" Harkam asked. It was hard to tell what was going on between the ground matter having difficulties staying together and the boy who looked in extreme pain.

@WitchcraftIsScience

Last edited by a moderator:
Arc 2: Harboring Some Dark Secrets
A ship arrived at the dock, carrying on it some very illegal merchandise. Amongst its contents was meta-human power enhancers and supernatural enhancers, drugs such as meth, marijuana, imported cigarettes, stolen gold from Darklight and Miracle City. Also amongst it contents was illegal bombs, firearms, grenades and of course, one very cruicial overlooked item. It was a very small quantity of Godarium, the god killing element that could murder any and all the guards in this city. However, none of this content was going to be making it to shore on this boat.

The explosion was loud enough to be heard from the park, the Starlight Academy and the police station. Anything farther would not hear the noise and would catch the media coverage later. Now washed up on the harbor, all of these items were up for grabs. Better hurry before they vanish or are claimed by the police or others.

---------------------------------------
Nicholas Star heard the explosion. " All units, we got a 10-80 at the harbor, a ship was exploded.

--------------------------------------------------
One of the first people were on the scene was Cerin. He was attempting to gather his items which was just the meta-human enhancers and supernatural enhancers.

@Neobach @Autumn @LoveandHate91 @Unyielding @chaosheart13 @Kitsune @WitchcraftIsScience

( If anyone wants those meta-human/ supernatural enhancers, you will be fighting Cerin for them. Also, for purposes of rpers, Cerin is Lucas Star's villain form)​

'She must be extremely shy.' Emilia thought as she heard the girl waver at saying her own name. 'Or unused to saying her name?' It came to mind that the girl - Ali, as she introduced herself - might not be used to saying nicknames. Not everyone abbreviates her name. She just liked to do it since Emilia seemed too long of a name, 'And it reminds me of my parents.' The only part of her name that was changed was her last name. Despite what she did to her parents, she doesn't despise them and proof of that is she kept her first name. 'Whoops, I'm spacing out again.' Hoping that the Ali didn't notice her lapse in response, she responded thoughtfully, "Ali, huh? Is that short for something? Alissandra? Alicia?" She said, listing down names that had the same first three letters.

If there was an answer, she wouldn't have heard it. Whatever sound there was from anyone in school was drowned by what could only have been an explosion. Even from where she was, she could see the thick black smoke from where it occurred, 'The harbor?' As much as she wanted to go there now, she had someone with her. She went with the best excuse she had. Bringing out her phone, she looked at her newfound acquaintance with a look curiosity and excitement, "Oh my gosh! Did you hear that?" Well, the answer's already pretty obvious. "Do you think the heroes are gonna show up? So cool! I'm gonna go check it out! I totally want to take a vid for my blog." She said as she brought out her scratched up phone once more and placed it in the camera app. "I'm gonna go check it out, what about you Ali?" Well, she had to ask otherwise it'd not only be rude but suspicious.

Matthew was getting ready for his visit for Emilia as his room was a mess from last year. He had scattered boxes of pizzas around the room, a few dozen clothes that didn't fit or were filled with grease stains or burn marks. The burn marks would have been fine to keep around except that was the same type of burn marks that had been gotten by the hero Twiggy in his battle with a fire villain, it was not pretty in the slightest and he wasn't about to let Emilia or anyone else see that. He managed to throw most of the clothes that were in the closet or to dump into the secret lair there. He also burned a few different ones to be fully prepared. He breathed a sigh of relief as there was now nothing seen in his room that connected him to the superhero that he indeed was too.He took a deep breath.

The silence he had for being ready was broken by a loud explosion that could be heard throughout the school. The explosion wasn't coming from anyplace that was cruical to his livehood, but it did sound like it had come from the harbor. He peeked out the window to see the rising smoke, and knew he was indeed right. He took a deep breath and equipped his superhero costume, knowing that what he did next was cruical. He needed to know if that was just a fluke or perhaps something more sinister at work. It wasn't uncommon at all for the harbor to be blown up, destroyed or for that matter, investigated and closed to the public, actually it was pretty common. Most of the villains here were involved in illegal trades, some brought blood in, others more illegal contraband, but all except the blood was brought in on one big shipment to the city. Today was that shipment date, and that meant it was free for all for the items.

An explosion from the harbor hauled any attempts in answering the girl's question. Alice was aware of the shipment but she did not expect it to just explode. This would be the perfect opportunity to track down her targets. She could have been finished on the first day but there was one problem. This girl wanted to go to the harbor and invited Alice. The smart thing to do would be to say no. 2 million was worth way more then some pretend friendship at a stupid school. She had her mind set, but what if she got lost?

"I... I will come too." Despite her full on plan, the idea of being lost on this campus overrode any thoughts that she had in her mind. This girl was her ticket to making it to the dorms safety. Also she did not want to be thought of as a scared girl. Last time she was in school, the kids who were scared to do dangerous things got picked on. This girl could be similar to them. She could not take any risk.

Though this was her shyness speaking, it actually could possible lead to a better situation. two eyes are better then one. If either saw a hero, Alice could break away and track them down. It only took a second to job change and she had her Glitch uniform inside her backpack. Should either of them get in trouble, her glitch personal (which lacked any shyness) could fend off the threat till Em got away if she even had to fight. Her glitch personal has rarely been seen by either Heroes or Villains. She doubted even the billionaire playboy cop had heard of the persona. If she played her part right, she might be able to convince any villain to back away without force.

@Autumn

Zane was still busy following that strange new roommate of his when he heard it. An explosion which had overtook the quiet atmosphere of the park. Normally, he wouldn't have cared about the noise, but this was a different circumstance. The smoke was coming for the harbor and today was shipment day. He couldn't lose those enhancers or for that matter, the godarium he had ordered in case of interference from any of those noisy gods or heroes who would be there to collect it too and he looked at the ground.

He took a deep breath as he let his electricity engulf him allowing him to travel there faster than he normally would at any rate. He needed to protect Lucas, he had too much on the line. If Cerin was caught and revealed, he would be throwing him under the bus for the murder of his brother, his only regret, but Alec wouldn't let it go and he wasn't giving him much of choice. The ends justified the means.

He of course knew that this was dangerous. If he heard the explosion, that meant everyone at the academy had heard it and so did the cops in the area and at the station. He took a deep breath and he arrived at the scene. Cerin had control of the enhancers and he would come to his aide if he needed him, but the goddarium were sinking and fast. He dove and grabbed it and because his luck sucked, right on cure, the green one arrived. " Now, now, put the shiny crystal that murders our neighborhood gods, Living Lighting. Of course if you don't, well, rather shockingly, I will need to take it from you," he said. Zane expected it, but if anyone wanted this, they would be taking it from his cold dead hands. He was also fizzling a bit from the short contact with water.

Last edited:
Harkam was watching this younger student and was wondering what to do. It wasn't like he could just pick him up and fly off. This student was somewhat of a mystery and his power could hurt Harkam in an unknown sort of way. Lorenzo looked very much in pain, but doing something may only worsen the situation. Besdies what could a dragon halfling really do. So he looked at the ground particles. It wasn't safe to be there anymore.

Suddenly an explosion sounded, coming from the harbor by what it might have sounded like. Grimacing for a moment, he decided to place what might have been a calming hand on Lorenzo's shoulder. Thankfully he still had his wings ready. So he immediately flapped his wings and flew off towards the explosion. Hopefully he could observe the situation. Being an undecided kind of person leaves you limited in your actions. Even when defending certain people.

'...I was not expecting that.' Emilia didn't think that Ali would actually take up on her offer. Most people wouldn't. Even if they were used to the troubles that the city had, not many would want to be caught up in the middle of it. 'I think I did the wrong thing.' If they went to the harbor together, it'd be impossible to change into Midnight and being who she was in the day, she doubted that she would be able to protect Ali if a villain came after them, 'Well, there's always running, no shame in that.' Naturally, if it comes to that, she'd have to run away with Ali. 'Midnight usually appears at night anyway and that Twiggy guy can probably handle this.' If she couldn't lose Ali in the upcoming crowds then she supposed Midnight was not going to show in broad daylight.

"Awesome! Let's go then!" She said with a grin, not allowing her inner thoughts show in her expression. She turned to the academy entrance with her suitcase in hand and moved quickly towards the harbor, moving through crowds of people. Her faster pace could simply be mistaken for her excitement to arrive. As for passing through crowded areas? She'll later say it was a shortcut. 'Time to see if I can lose her.'

Robert was about to show the students where the library was when he heard it. There was a loud explosion that was heard throughout the school and he looked at the students. Some of the more sensitive students had covered their ears as the explosions were rather loud and hard to avoid too. He looked at the ground and took a deep breath. " Everyone please return to your dorm rooms, this tour has been cut short by a sudden change in the schedule," he said as he couldn't let anyone follow him. " However, if you like to continue your tour, my student Jason Knight can finish it," he added. He knew Eros would not be getting involved at least so that was a positive too. He rushed off to the scene to make sure Matthew was about to get himself killed again.

Anyone arriving on the scene, either by the air or by land would be met by Zane emitting electricity that was being deflected by Twiggy too. The ground was fine, however sparks was flying through the air making it hard to stay in the air, especially if you were a creature that was known to flying. There were a few crispy ducks that had been caught in the crossfires and were dead on the ground. Anyone would also notice the godarium still in Zane's hands and Cerin had managed to collect all the meta-human enhancers, he was still working on them. On the pier, close to the water was a dragon enhancer and an angel enhancer.

@Neobach @Autumn @Unyieldng @Others arriving on the scene

Harkam reared back when he got onto the scene, seeing the sparks fly into the air. The ducks didn't have the same fate that he did. Being a halfling though he could change into his dragon form and control the scene if he wanted to, but it would be quite dangerous, considering his dragon form is about the size of a house or so. He felt something similar to him around the area and looked towards the sky. Nothing. Looking towards the ground he spotted what looked like a cylindrical container with what seemed to be a sort of scale shaped orb inside of it.

"Might as well so I could at least grab that" Harkam had spoken quietly. Transforming he began to shift his bones, they became larger and extend, his muscles and scales coming to formation. His tail, claws, fangs, and even his horns, all came to fruition. The moment he was fully grown into a dragon, he roared loudly over the entire scene, flapping his wings and stretching his other limbs. Spotting the person who had released electricity everywhere, Harkam had sucked in his gut, before releasing a ball of fire towards their direction.
@LuckycoolHawk9

Robert happened to arrive on the scene where all the sparks seemed to be flying and that didn't look good. Already dead was some crispy ducks that were there and he noticed the supernatural enhancers, or rather the two within eye-sight, the dragon and angel one. He used his water manipulation and grabbed the angel one before anyone could take advantage of it for themselves and he noticed that the scene was just starting in its usual chaos. Cerin was collecting his goods, Zane was holding godarium and Matthew was also here trying to fight him too as it seemed.

He looked at the scene and saw that something was changing. He ducked and watched as the young boy also on the scene turned into a dragon. He heard his roar and knew that he meant business about what was going on to.. He noticed that he had roared and that was not good, that meant he wanted something here and he breathed fire in Living Lighting direction and he groaned. He abhored protecting villains, but he shot the water to quell the flames so that neither of them were burnt or broken. He hoped someone else would be more helpful.

@Neobach

@LuckycoolHawk9

Misery wasn't quite back with her orientation group, having simply wandered around the campus looking for something fun and interesting. It came to her in the form of a loud explosion, causing her to jump in surprise. Oh crap, terrorist attack. Oh crap. She looked around to see if there was anything that could hide her. ...Who was she kidding? She couldn't hide out here! With a groan, she ran inside one of the nearest buildings and tried to find an empty room to hide in.

~*~
Amaryllis was still with her orientation group when the blast resounded. Though the blast was far away, she could immediately immediately sense that something was wrong and she collapsed, blacking out for a few moments. She sort of came to when the orientation leader was telling them to go to the dorms. She shakily stood up and followed everyone, wanting to be safe from whatever just happened.
~*~
So much for the catnap. Feival was jolted awake and promptly fell off the couch. "What the heck is going on?!" he exclaimed, looking at Ryan for the answers. The heck was happening? Was the city under attack? Had there been some unknown war going on and Starlight City was one of the many targets the other side targeted? Heck, were they still gonna be alive if another bomb made itself known? Hopefully they would be.​

Harkam had dove down towards the ground directly towards that dragon enhancer to be precise. The pain from changing left his body now, he was ready to defend these enhancers. Landing with a smash against the ground, the dragon enhancer had bounced in the air. It was immediately caught by Harkam's tail. Knowing he had caught his loot he should get out of there, but if he just vanished everyone would still go on fighting, leaving things to be dangerous for any bystanders. This was the docks though, things were always dangerous when an unnatural being was around. "I've got what I need, I'll be on my way" he shouted before preparing his wings to fly again.

Dorothy was busy partroling the new building that was just installed on the campus by her father when she heard the explosion too. She wondered if there was anyone who was scared of what was going on when she saw someone run into the building, normally she wouldn't have cared what was happening to the mortals or anyone else in the area, but she didn't have to say much either. " So, girl, are you okay?" She asked, concerned that she was about to have a breakdown right there too.
~*~
Jason watched as everyone went to the dorms to escape the sounds and he looked at the ground too. He noticed that she had fainted and was about to say something, but she left before he could say a thing. He took a deep breath and looked at how the day had been ruined by an explosion. Demons and people who thrived on chaos would be having a field day today and he knew it. Hopefully no one would die.
~*~
Ryan sighed as he looked at him." Remember when I said this city was insane and it sometimes had a mind of its own and there were good and bad people, well, something happened a few minutes ago. The town harbor and the shipment was just blown up, sending it into shambles and a free fall on the docks," he said, informing him of all that the newspaper people had told him.He looked at Feival. " Otherwise, everything is normal," he said.

@chaosheart13

Robert and Cerin gave the same motion, a mirror image, to both Matthew and Zane. It was a signal that told the duo to not engage and just let the dragon escape with the enhancer too. Neither of them engaged with the dragon and he was allowed to fly off if that was what he was desired. Waiting for him, wherever he landed was the god of desire, Eros. He was already fascinated by those who didn't pick a side in these wars as he often went with desires and that made him a wild card in this matches. However, the indescribale desire he felt from the dragon who stolen the enhancer caught him the most. Now, there was only one question that remained: would he use it or just keep it?

@Neobach