Star Wars Universe Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is easily exploitable too since EVERYTHING is connected to it. And then there is the whole "wtf does that do to force ghosts" and the old ones

Well at least this is trucking along with ideas, especially since Gowi showed up, sorry I haven't been talking much, I started my 60hr work weeks this week so I am working everyday till sunday for 10 hrs.

I actually doubt The Remnant would die out, especially because they still held many worlds despite losing to the Republic. They were a force to be reckoned with even after losing Coruscant as well as losing many other of the core worlds with it, holding onto their fringe worlds as the NR didn't have the resources to oust them completely at the end of the GCW, and afterwards (even if it is EU) the Remnant rose to become a powerful rival to the republic.

Also wouldn't anti force tech technically weaken everyone around because midi chlorians are all around and inside each living person and thing, or would they be fine tuned to lifeforms with higher amounts of midi chlorians? And if so how would that work?

Comparing the Amish to the Hutts is like comparing apples to oranges but it did work to get your point across OP if they can do it with tech and know how outdated almost if not more by 300 years than the Hutts (as weakened as they no doubt were back in the day) are still kicking and causing galactic corruption.

hmmm think that's all the points I had some problems with

Though, it has been a very long time since the original continuity of the New Republic-era. So we could have entirely new factions and governments in place of the old ones, but I'm not clear on what we want to do. The only thing we are certain about is the emergence of a new Sith faction and that the Jedi Order has fallen out of favor by a variety of political powers. Though I basically don't like the idea of "anti-force technologies" which were the big plot point of the last Star Wars RP (Shadows of the Force, if memory serves). Even if explained well, it just seems so tacked on in most cases.

We really need to make a big Yes/No list it seems.

This seems very interesting! I would like to participate if my schedule permits. But, my knowledge of Star Wars is of the movies only.

The only way I can see anti-force tech working is if they completely absorbed a specific type of force energy (Dark or Light) from an area. If anyone's ever played the video game "Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy", there's an ancient Sith artifact the villains use, which is the best example for how our anti-force tech could work.

Honestly, I wouldn't say anything is "anti-force", but more "force-resistent". Especially if its a weapon. Maybe there are armours which offer more protection from Force abilities, or techniques used to combat mental force control (such as Mind Trick for those species who aren't able to naturally resist it)

But that's just my two cents on the matter.

THe only way I can see it is only replicating the effects of the ysalamari

"Ysalamiri did not actually negate the Force; since all existence was infused with Force energy,[2] this would not be possible. Rather, they projected a bubble inside which users were unable to exert any influence over the Force. A single bubble measured up to 10 meters in diameter; large groups of ysalamiri could extend their collective bubble by kilometers, but only in great numbers"

Oh right, forgot about those little bastards...

Might be a little late to hop on the bus, but im up for a Star Wars RP.

you are never too late for this bus but it's always moving

Reactions: TheGDeer
you are never too late for this bus but it's always moving

I second this sentiment.

Anyways, that was the idea I had in mind for the anti-Force technology. Not something that completely eradicates the Force (or the midi-chlorians, rather), but something that would hinder a Force-user's connection to it. What's being described is in line with my ideas. However, if it seems too shoehorned it doesn't have to be implemented. It was just something I thought would create a bit more tension, especially if it came to the point where the Republic had to use it against the Jedi.

IT's just that it's tech. Force technique/Sith alchemy of some seriously badass sith emperor is believable.

Let's worry about the force technology last, we have a lot more to develop before we get to that, yeah?

Though, it has been a very long time since the original continuity of the New Republic-era. So we could have entirely new factions and governments in place of the old ones, but I'm not clear on what we want to do. The only thing we are certain about is the emergence of a new Sith faction and that the Jedi Order has fallen out of favor by a variety of political powers.

I vote that the Empire is still around as its own thing with a peace treaty with the republic

I vote that the Empire is still around as its own thing with a peace treaty with the republic
Not sure how that would work, considering the Empire would likely be seeking to assume control once more. Sith really can't hold a peace treaty with the Jedi for long.

As far as any new factions, splinter groups from the Republic are definitely a viable option. The Republic could be falling out of favor with others due to tax increases and government spending, or passing some other laws that the people find generally unfavorable. Could maybe have the people in an uproar about something big like the Republic annexing places, setting embargoes, etc.

Nice.

On kind of an unrelated note, anyone pumped for SW7?

Jar Jar Abrahms better deliver...

Not sure how that would work, considering the Empire would likely be seeking to assume control once more. Sith really can't hold a peace treaty with the Jedi for long.

As far as any new factions, splinter groups from the Republic are definitely a viable option. The Republic could be falling out of favor with others due to tax increases and government spending, or passing some other laws that the people find generally unfavorable. Could maybe have the people in an uproar about something big like the Republic annexing places, setting embargoes, etc.
I never said that the Empire was still controlled by the Sith. I am talking about the Galactic Empire. The one with the stormtroopers.
In the EU, it was still going for the next few decades. Hell, it was still around at the time of Cade Skywalker who is the great great great grandson of luke.

Yeah, the Empire is like a disease: it never goes away.

The power it has and influence over the galaxy, however, is the one thing that changes constantly through the EU.

It got decent at the end. And hell, it arguably enforced more order in the galaxy than the republic, quelling down past rivalries and petty arguments.

You're right about that, WitchChild. The Empire eventually became what the Republic used to be before Palpatine and managed to calm a lot of stuff down for the galaxy.

I like how your avi is copy X Sora and not actual X

On the actual topic it's not so out of bounds that the anti force tech could be made it would just need a lot of explaining and thought.

Also the Empire during and after the New Jedi Order series was controlled by the moffs, and generals of the empire. The Sith are long out of that equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.