Star Wars Universe Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be down, I think personally a post Ep. VI rp would blow the door open to expansion and a larger undiscovered universe since the Jedi order is restoring. Maybe some of the uncharted worlds/sectors? I was thinking of having my character being the daughter of Talon Karrde.

The timeline I had in mind would be set many years after the original trilogy, possibly centuries. Any interaction with canon characters is not preferred and likely not to happen, simply for the fact that I feel the interactions would be disingenuous. Also, I just don't want to include much canon because it would help the roleplay flow easier; doesn't prompt people to create characters that are so important to the story that it can't go on without them.

As stated before, there really is no overall plot that we have to finish, but I think having one big, looming plot angle as a backdrop would be beneficial. A Sith insurgency, perhaps?

Reactions: The Dapper Mog
Me and newking had been actually revolving a plot idea for a SW rp involving characters being prisoners in a prison moon with particular talents that interests a crime boss who wants a deathsquad/suicide squad with said talents. The start being a big prison break plot.

I'd love to join in on this, and I've already got some ideas for a character. I'm cool whenever and however you want to set this.

The timeline I had in mind would be set many years after the original trilogy, possibly centuries. Any interaction with canon characters is not preferred and likely not to happen, simply for the fact that I feel the interactions would be disingenuous. Also, I just don't want to include much canon because it would help the roleplay flow easier; doesn't prompt people to create characters that are so important to the story that it can't go on without them.

As stated before, there really is no overall plot that we have to finish, but I think having one big, looming plot angle as a backdrop would be beneficial. A Sith insurgency, perhaps?
Good deal, I can see the tech being superbly advanced and both the Jedi and Sith are like USA and the USSR where they're prominent powerhouses in the galaxy but racing for order and power discreetly (except the Jedi will be the prime order enforcement), so I was thinking I'll create a young but very skilled padawan who is a prodigy in stealth and espionage, but she lacks on the combat side (making room for character growth and one of the characters to train her).

My character... I'm struggling between making a sith or using my oc Bemra...

I may even make an Imperial Agent-- spies the Empire used to try and cripple the weak Republic.

I've always had better luck with Jedi types, so I'll probably make a low level jedi. Skilled but inexperienced with a great deal of potential. Probably going to be combat based and telekinetic force power focused, because that's my shite.

If possible, may make a couple characters. Including a villain.

While I'm not against people having Force-user characters, I would encourage everyone to try and play other character types so there isn't a buildup of just one kind of character. That said, I intend on this roleplay being expansive, so I'm not intending to put a limit on the amount of characters one can have. So long as you can keep up with your characters, then by all means create them.

For a backdrop story, playing off of @ch0sen1's comment about the Jedi and Sith being like the U.S. and USSR, I suppose the two sides could be locked in a sort of cold war, with conflicts here and there, but nothing exploding just yet. It can, eventually, evolve into a full-scale conflict much like in SWTOR, but for now exploring the tense, political angle of the calm before the storm might just work.

As far as individual plots go, that would need to be worked out amongst ourselves and our characters. @WitchChild mentioned working with @NewKingofDrangleic on a plot that involved their characters being extracted/escaping from a prison to form a Suicide Squad of sorts.

Ultimately, I want this roleplay to be about character interaction as opposed to following one linear plot line. Could even throw in some nation roleplay to keep things interesting.

That's my general vision. If anyone else has any additional thoughts, don't hesitate to let me know.

Reactions: GwydionKnows
While I'm not against people having Force-user characters, I would encourage everyone to try and play other character types so there isn't a buildup of just one kind of character. That said, I intend on this roleplay being expansive, so I'm not intending to put a limit on the amount of characters one can have. So long as you can keep up with your characters, then by all means create them.

For a backdrop story, playing off of @ch0sen1's comment about the Jedi and Sith being like the U.S. and USSR, I suppose the two sides could be locked in a sort of cold war, with conflicts here and there, but nothing exploding just yet. It can, eventually, evolve into a full-scale conflict much like in SWTOR, but for now exploring the tense, political angle of the calm before the storm might just work.

As far as individual plots go, that would need to be worked out amongst ourselves and our characters. @WitchChild mentioned working with @NewKingofDrangleic on a plot that involved their characters being extracted/escaping from a prison to form a Suicide Squad of sorts.

Ultimately, I want this roleplay to be about character interaction as opposed to following one linear plot line. Could even throw in some nation roleplay to keep things interesting.

That's my general vision. If anyone else has any additional thoughts, don't hesitate to let me know.
I would like to set up Imperial Intelligence with a few people-- I can explain the system if needed. XD It's basically an espionage division.

I LOVE SWTOR. XD <3

I have a character. Former Imp Soldier turned Smuggler with his own freighter from the clone wars era and a bunch of Buzz droids that handle jury rig level repair.

I've got an ex republic commando turned merc character I was planning on using, maybe even an ex jedi or sith about the level of a padawan/apprentice about to become a Knight/Sith.

wait what time period does this take place in?

From what it sounds like waaaaaaaaaay out of the time frame of anything (including EU) so we have impunity to do whatever we want save from no doubt making op chars and destroying the universe.

I would rather say making alternate timeline over a continuation.

I wouldn't say it's an alternate timeline, but it's far enough in the future where Luke Skywalker and company will be little more than passing references if anyone cares to bring them up at all.

The thing is, the Skywalkers are a bunch of spotlight hoggers. There is not a single skywalker of that relation that isn't the Grandmaster of the Jedi order or a very high ranking Jedi or even becoming the next Emperor as in Darth Caedus.

Yeah, I know. Which is why they aren't going to be central figures in this roleplay. For all intents and purposes, the Skywalker bloodline has died out, so we don't need to give attention to them.

Anyone that would serve as a distraction from our characters, or have reason to be held on so high a pedestal. Could consider that sort of an alternate timeline I suppose, or it could be possible their bloodlines were cut short due to who they are and the nature of what they would do.

So as for initial plot, are we good with some Cold War-style espionage where the Sith are sending their agents to spy on the Republic in order to gain vital information and potential blackmail? Perhaps even assassinate a few people. It's a good angle to play that doesn't open up with flat-out war, I think. More political intrigue than 24/7 conflict.

While this goes on, our characters will be doing their things as well, whatever that may be depending on what kinds of plots you guys want your characters involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.