Star Wars Universe Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, sorry to interrupt mates. i just be wondering if I could join you in your star wars adventure? My knowledge be slightly limited outside, of the movies... a book, and the very beginning of the SWTOR game. If not that be okay. I can understand, since I be new here.

Disclaimer: I be talking like a pirate mate. My grammar be far better than this.

Anyone that would serve as a distraction from our characters, or have reason to be held on so high a pedestal. Could consider that sort of an alternate timeline I suppose, or it could be possible their bloodlines were cut short due to who they are and the nature of what they would do.
Alternate Timeline/Universe is probably your best bet, while you have to set up the differences and all that it'd also allow you not to rely on either two of the Star Wars universes to more appropriately focus on creative ideas away from it if you don't want to acknowledge canon characterizations. But how far would you take the AU? Are you drastically changing the political climate, or the science of the universe? There's other questions but it's a good start, yeah?

As far as drastic changes go, I'd say they would be reasonable, and would make sense. Obviously some technological advancements wouldn't be too farfetched. As far as the political climate, the backdrop plot I suggested revolves around a Cold War of sorts between the Republic and an emergent Sith faction.

To put it simply, the canon of the roleplay will more than likely clash with any official Star Wars canon dealing with Skywalker's great (x6 or so) grandson's generation. However, I have yet to bear witness to any such canon, so as far as I know, this wouldn't technically be an AU, but referring to it as one is a safe option for any new developments that may interfere with Star Wars canon.

If that makes sense...

ohay, it's been awhile.

As far as drastic changes go, I'd say they would be reasonable, and would make sense. Obviously some technological advancements wouldn't be too farfetched. As far as the political climate, the backdrop plot I suggested revolves around a Cold War of sorts between the Republic and an emergent Sith faction.

To put it simply, the canon of the roleplay will more than likely clash with any official Star Wars canon dealing with Skywalker's great (x6 or so) grandson's generation. However, I have yet to bear witness to any such canon, so as far as I know, this wouldn't technically be an AU, but referring to it as one is a safe option for any new developments that may interfere with Star Wars canon.

If that makes sense...

So you're going with a future generation sort of thing, where the Skywalkers and the Solos and so on have become more historical footnotes then huge dynastys. It could work, I've been in a few that took this approach. How different is the political alliances/factions/etc setup in your potential future? Is the Republic still toiling on or has a new Federation or whatever the main political force in the galaxy?

I would say the Republic is still going, although I'm open to new, fresher options. The political backdrop plot isn't going to be the driving force of the roleplay, so I think whichever governments are at odds with each other shouldn't matter; it's mostly there just to have some universal glue to hold all the individual plots together so the roleplay isn't a chaotic, pathless mess with no central theme. Also, it invites nation roleplay elements for anyone interested in that.

Again, I'm very flexible in regards to plot options, so any ideas you would like to implement are very welcome and open to discussion. My goal here is to create a collaborative work, not control every facet of the creation process. :tongue:

Even collaborations need direction and design, heh. But it's good to have a less tight grip since it seems we don't have that large of an interest party as far as things go so far, so a lot of it can fall on us as we bounce ideas off one-another.

Other questions:

What's the state of the old criminal cartels (Black Suns, Hutt Cartel, etc.) and are there new contemporary forces rising up?

What's the state of the New Jedi Order as established by Luke Skywalker at this point?

The emergent Sith, are you leaving them ambiguous/mysterious or do we know a little about them?

Has any states/governments left the New Republic in recent years?

What new technologies have been developed?

Is the RP linear or sandbox?

What about the empire? It technically was never destroyed.

Well, in order:

1.) It's really up to us whether we want them to have died out or lived on to see the light of day in this present era. That said, if the Amish can thrive from the 18th century to today, who says the Hutt Cartels can't thrive for just as long or even longer? :b

2.) I would like for their influence over political matters to have waned, possibly even have the government wanting to separate themselves from the council. Sort of a "separation of church and state" type of scenario.

3.) Again, we'll establish this ourselves. Depends on what everyone wants to agree on.

4.) It's entirely possible. The New Republic has been active for some centuries at this point, and so their sovereignty could mean less and less as the years wear on, their influence over their constituents slipping, especially if they are viewed as clinging to the Jedi for help, which the seceding parties can view as a sign of weakness.

5.) Maybe new warp drives, improved military technology, vaccines/cures for previously untreatable diseases and infections, could look into possible methods to design anti-Force technology.

6.) Aiming for sandbox, as the roleplay will be character-driven. I envision a persistent world that evolves and adapts to what we write and how we shape the universe about us; just as well, I have no foreseeable ending planned.

I think/hope that clears up everything for now.

What about the empire? It technically was never destroyed.
By this point the Galactic Empire and it's revivalists are probably long disbanded/dismantled. Probably.

Aww

And its hyper drive. Warp is trek.

And how would anti force tech even work???

I want a star wars RP very badly. Large scale as in 20+ players...probably not. Rather dislike it when things get divided and untidy.

I knew I'd find you here, boy.

We gots a lot to talk'bout on account of you not stayin in contact after the old Star Wars RP ended!

Needless to say, I'd be interested in this :3

So, judging by the information you guys came up with, would we have restrictions on the Jedi/Sith characters? I'm just going off what I've personally done in the past for an RP like this, but is tree a cut-off number for Force Wielders? If so, I'd like to reserve one for later.

Last edited:
Is @Gowi here too?

HI GOWI! WHY DID YOU ABANDON ME?!?!

Kidding, haha. Good to see people I know here ^^

@Afterman, sup bro?

I should lose contact with people more often, it makes me valued more, lol.

I don't value you. I know you.

:3

Oh, you're mad. Of course you are.

=)

And how would anti force tech even work???
Well, as unfortunate as the existence of midi-chlorians is, they are sadly a part of the official Star Wars canon, and therefore exploitable. My idea would be technology that could somehow interfere with a Force-user's connection to the midi-chlorians around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.