Star Wars Universe Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
And is an Enviro-Suit as well. You could walk in the hot desert of tatooine or the wastes of hoth and be relatively comfy.

I'm ready to start, just how prominent are the Jedi in this universe though?

I'm ready to start, just how prominent are the Jedi in this universe though?
Well, I had the idea that they would be falling out of favor with the rest of the galaxy, either for legitimate reasons (such as their inaction in certain situations, brought on by their belief system), or due to propaganda or a distrust of their "religious" practices. I'm not sure what we all agree on though. Seems I need to make that checklist of things we are/aren't going to include.

In any event I'll be a padawan. A politically crippled Jedi system sounds interesting, that can add more drama and scope to the Jedi side other than just "peace" and the force. I think it would bring a more gritty tone to the Republic pacifists.
Well, I had the idea that they would be falling out of favor with the rest of the galaxy, either for legitimate reasons (such as their inaction in certain situations, brought on by their belief system), or due to propaganda or a distrust of their "religious" practices. I'm not sure what we all agree on though. Seems I need to make that checklist of things we are/aren't going to include.

Afterman, I'm gonna send you a CS I made for a previous SW RP. Let me know there if its alright to use the character (edited to suit this one, of course)

Afterman, I'm gonna send you a CS I made for a previous SW RP. Let me know there if its alright to use the character (edited to suit this one, of course)
Sorry I didn't get to you sooner.

Not really planning on having a set character sheet, though. Gonna let the players decide how much, or how little, they want to add to their profiles, which I prefer; I'm more of the mind that a character should be revealed as the story goes on rather than tell everyone everything about them right off the bat. Gives people an incentive to interact with other peoples' characters as to learn more about those characters.

Just how I feel from what I've observed.

Reactions: ch0sen1
I could run a variety of characters but I'm either leaning towards my gungan mechanic on Tatooine or my unorthodox Jedi Knight (with his apprentice as a dedicated NPC) that I haven't written in a long while.

I could run a variety of characters but I'm either leaning towards my gungan mechanic on Tatooine or my unorthodox Jedi Knight (with his apprentice as a dedicated NPC) that I haven't written in a long while.
If you wanted my character could be your padawan.

Renth's padawan has a name and characterization though! Alternatively I could speed up the supposed timeline and run his former padawan as my knight and her teaching your character. But that would really make us depend on one another for posts, would you be up for that?

Renth's padawan has a name and characterization though! Alternatively I could speed up the supposed timeline and run his former padawan as my knight and her teaching your character. But that would really make us depend on one another for posts, would you be up for that?
it's fine you don't have to alter anything for my sake, just a suggestion. I already have my character's story and plot established as well. Maybe they can just know each other then :]

Well, I don't know how effective or appropriate it would be to tell the Renth Jyvun story all over again. I actually don't mind the idea of running his former padawan as a current knight as it's different and not retreading on old ground for the third or fourth time. Maybe it's time I just continued the story with Melanie Blackweller rather than writing it again.

I do love Star Wars.

Is this still open for interested people?

I would certainly appreciate if you would pursue this idea. I mean, I'm a big fan of KOTOR and Republic Commando, to see more of the expanded universe and to RP in it would be great.

There's a lot of people right now, which is good!

I'd say maybe after the next 2 people join, we set a cut off for submissions. Only say that because, even for a semi-free form RP, things can get really hectic and confusing with like, 20-30 people posting at once.

Depends on the pacing of those people's posts.

I guess it's time to draw up an introduction. Maybe it would be for the best to not establish any hard lore points and instead allow it to gradually develop as we roleplay along. Within reason, of course. If there's a big plot point or addition someone wants to include they'll definitely need to bring it up and discuss it OOC before going ahead and implementing it IC.

Sounds like a plan.

But is the character I sent you okay to use, or should I draft a new version?

Obviously, since that sheet was taken from a previous RP. I haven't edited it, but alright sounds fun.

Good to know I can use him!

Status
Not open for further replies.