Star Wars: The Galactic War

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the two get a cool flourish where neither is injured.

Feel free to auto hit the NPCs, but make it semi believable (don't kill like twenty NPCs with one hit unless you threw a thermal detenator or something.)

When you tie, what Renegade Proxy says happens. Though I have no idea what purpose the flourish serves.

@Akashi unfortunately, we are currently not accepting sith. There needs to be some semblance of balance between force users and force blinds.

Edit: Flee mechanism people, what are your thoughts? We need to get this figured out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pure style, Star Wars has become known for its stylistic bent toward saber combat.

Reactions: Akashi
No Tydema is not the fan of Twi'leks. That would be me. And just lettin' y'all know that I am gonna hold off on posting until I get my new laptop. Kinda hard to make a qualitu post from a phone. Luckily it should be here tomorrow of Tuesday.

I'd join as an Independent Bounty Hunter, except for the combat system. I prefer the 'trust' method: Where you say, like, "I punch Era as hard as I can," And Era would say, "And she falls back, off-balance, then trying to tackle Ryker," in which I'd go on and so on. Where you say what you do, but not the effects, and you leave the other person to decide the damage. Which, if you're playing with an unfair person, doesn't work very well, because you would think realistically and say you got hit, while they might jump, startled, then spin, yank out their bow, string it, and then fire an arrow and hit the man's eye, dead-center.

Frankly, I prefer that combat system to the dice roll one as well, as it goes much smoother in RP, but then you get those people who plays their character in the way that you mentioned in the end. What I've found is that the system you mentioned above works better with 1x1 while the dice roll system is more suited to group RPs

However, as this is now out there, would people prefer this combat system over our current dice roll one?

i've done both and they each have their advantages and disadvantages....i can work with either...*votes neutral*

Well, we have one for, one against, and one neutral, so we're spread out pretty evenly, though Lord Roku's vote might have to count as half a vote since he isn't officially in this RP (no offense).

What can I say; I'd like to be a force user and nothing far from it.

You know what, I'll go make another force blind character, and you can go make your force user. Kay?

It'd make for an interesting encounter. Skilled apprentice vs a blind-swordsman type of character. But there is no need, I just don't see myself RPing as anything other than a Jedi or Sith is all.

What I meant was that I could make another force blind character to even out the force sensitive/force blind balance so you could make a Jedi/Sith to RP.

If you're still interested, post a CS and we can continue discussing how to fit your character into the story so far.

I vote for trust, just not they one you two described. I'm used to the one where you simply describe launching the attack and the other person decides if it hits.

What can I say; I'd like to be a force user and nothing far from it.

I agree with this. I am in that same position. If only they were accepting force users!. Though If my vote counts. I'd say trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.