Something-or-Anothers: Tales of the Confused Adventure's Shenanigans

"Well, not really." Sage told Sanz rubbing her chin lightly, mostly copying what Sanz was doing at that moment. "I can just ask around. Really. And hope someone can tell me." Sage shrugged to him, "You know, maybe when we get our place, we can take on a combat quest together." Sage suggested. We've been doing out own thing for so long, we might loose our ability to work as a team, you know? We have to defeat.. that guy, if we want to get home?" Sage said. Sage regularly went to the temple of the ass hole god who sent them there to cuss him out in prayer. She just wanted him to know she thought he was a shitty and horrible person.

"We definitely should... though I have a hunch we'll need to do so before finding our own place..."
That guy... the demon king. Sanz still hadn't heard anything about him. Whoever, or whatever, he was--he didn't seem to be directly threatening the area they were currently in. The deity had made it sound like he was some kind of major threat... so he likely wasn't nearby. Just how powerful was he? And how long would the two of them be stuck here?

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Let's see if we can find this contact of yours first."
Sanz did have someone he might be able to ask, but it was far from the man's specialty--it may not even be worth checking out.

"Ah.. suuuure. Lets go find Rivet." Sage told Sanz with a small grin. She turned and put the quest she had picked up back on the bored. "He was teaching me a few things here and there about thevin." Sage told Sanz, "He told me a few ways you can mix points together to make other types of skills. Kind of a.. if you're trying to do it, generally you'll be able to when you get a certainty amount of things in places, kind. You know? I can't really explain it.. I'm not really a teacher, that was more my mothers kind of thing." Sage said nonchalantly. Sage then lead the way out of the guild hall and into the busy city streets.

"Funny... I met someone of a similar persuasion. Though he was more interested in researching unique combinations of skills than anything else."
Sanz was caught slightly off guard by Sage talking about his mother--the two of them had opened up slightly to each other, talking about various things from their world (both for levity's sake and to keep from losing their minds) but their respective families had been left out of the conversation.
"How did you meet this Rivet?"

"Hmm.. Lets say, I was trying on that whole.. rouge guild thing. Turns out the guild isn't really a thiiiiing, but there are a bunch of guys that hand around each other with similar skills. It was a group of them and they were kind of jerking me around, my fault for being gullable, but even then I was acing anything they were telling me to do. Well Rivet kind of stood up for me and told the others to take a hike and we kind of hit it off a bit. I mean... hes a bit short for me, not cute and girly like I like my men. Not really one for the manly type." Sage babbled as they walked down the streets.

Sage would wave at some girls, randomly high-fived a man at a stall, even waved to some kids running past. Sage was getting around, "I don't even know half these people's names." Sage said to Sanz with a grin.

Reactions: Ixidor92
All Sage got out of Sanz in response was a "hm." Apparently the man had been getting into his own brand of trouble while they worked separately. Of course he chose to focus on the appeal of Rivet, rather than the danger he had been in. At the very least, this Rivet sounded like he wasn't too bad of a guy. Sanz did make a note to keep a closer eye on where Sage was going in future--if he needed someone to bale him out.

As Sage casually greeted and mingled with the various individuals, Sanz glowered slightly. This was largely subconscious--Sage was inherently friendly (and perhaps flirty) with others. Sanz was the opposite. A few people shied away from the man without sleeves and several scars, though not nearly as many as back in his world.
"It seems you've been busy."

"Yeah, you just got to smile at them and make them feel like you're their friend. It's easy. You should try it some time." Sage said in a jesting tease and a sly grin to Sanz. Sage lead Sanz down the main road before turning into a shadier alleyway. They walked a little while before they stopped on some back roads.

Sage went to knock on a small door, "Knock knock."

"We're closed, go away." The man said.

"I'm not saying the secret password, it's stupid." Sage told them.

The eye holes on the door opened and a man peered out of it. He looked like he took one long look at Sage, then looked at Sanz, "Whose that?"

"My friend, trust me, he's cool." Sage said waving a hand, "Where Rivet?" She asked.

"Asleep." The other answered back before closing the eye slot and opening the door for them.

"This is like a bar down here. Not really a secret but it is kind of selective with people it tells." Sage mentioned.

"Yeah. Selective." He said, giving a glare at Sage, then to Sanz's direction.

"Pfft. I told you, hes fine." Sage mentioned to the guy as they walked in and went down the stairs. They did walk down to a bar area. There looked like there were a few people sleeping off the alcoholic daze they put themselves in the night before. The place looked pretty trashy and not to many people in it looked like warriors.

Sanz rolled his eyes at Sage's suggestion.
"And maybe one of these days, I'll wake up and be back in my own bed. Unfortunately, we don't live in a fantasy."
Well... at least that used to be the case. Now he wasn't so sure.

The man stopped himself from making a face when Sage spoke through the door. This was... not the sort of place he felt comfortable around. Despite what Sage may fantasize about his past, he generally did not head into establishments like this one. And once they were inside, it did little to change his opinion. Sanz couldn't help but think there were better places to look for potential home sources...
"You spend a lot of time here then?"

"A lot seem like... too much." Sage mentioned to him. She looked around before stepping over a drunk man on the ground and walking up some stairs to go to the next floor. "I forgot what room he usually stays in. Maybe I should just peak in room to room?" Sage half mused, but she was speaking quietly, not wanting to wake anyone cranky enough to start a fight with her.

Sanz made a face at Sage's idea.
"If we had an entire day I don't think I could list all the ways in which that may go wrong."
The man shook his head and let out a sigh
"It looks like just about everyone here is sleep-deprived, hungover, or both. It might be better to go finish a quest for the day and then come back this evening when they're more willing to talk."

Sage ignored Sanz and went anyway, though likely to Sanz surprise, Sage was actually pretty stealthy about it. She quietly opened the the doors with no sound and peaked into the room without even making a noise, then, closed them right up again. She did that with two rooms before they made it to a third one. Sage opened the door and then walked in, "Hey, Rivet. Wake up." Sage said.

"fuck sakes Sage.. have you heard of knocking?" A man asked before he rolled out of his head, "It's early in the morning, what do you want?"

"Oh, remember my partner I was telling you about? Well, here he is." Sage mentioned.

"Hi Sanzy.. nice to meet you." Rivet said, though he looked a little grumpy, "I seriously hope that wasn't what you came here for.."

Sage stifled a soft amused giggle, putting a hand on her face.

Sanz's eyes narrowed, and while was trying to cover his giggles, the man found Sanz's hand clamped on top of his head.
"Sage... Please tell me that you have not been going around mis-informing people that my name is Sanzy."
Sanz gave Sage a minute or two to stew in the mild pain before releasing him and turning to Rivet.

"No, we didn't come here just for introductions. The two of us are trying to find a dwelling beyond renting at the adventurer's guild, and Sage said you might have some information. Is that correct?"

• Haha
Reactions: Tiger Dragon
Sage was giggling softly to herself, but Sanz hand landed on her head and the bluenette crumbled in pain, her hands reaching out in a febal attempt to remove Sanz' hands, "Tch aye aye ahhh ow." Sage's huffed as the man crushed her skull.

Rivet raised a brow, but then nodded, "Yeah I can go look at a couple for you. Need to see if they are still taking. They might not be the most safe dwellings."

"That's fine." Sage said as she brushed her hair back into place after Sanz had finished grappling her face.

Sanz didn't really like the thought of being in a 'not the most safe' dwelling. This was, after all, the place where they theoretically should be able to let their guard down and rest without worry. Without that, what was the point in buying such a place anyway?
"If you could try to stay on the safer side, it would be appreciated."

Sanz could accept the fact that they wouldn't be able to get much with their current budget, but he wasn't going to compromise completely. What bothered him slightly was the fact that Sage didn't really seem bothered by the prospect... he made a mental note to bring it up later.
"Any idea how long that will take?"

"I'll have some offers tonight." Rivet said, "I'll meet you guys in the guild hall around supper and tell you what I got. I'll note your wants, but I won't guarantee it will be cheep. Now.. can you bugger off? I want to sleep." Rivet rolled back over in the bed, signaling their conversation was done.

"Yeah, see you later." Sage said as they left the room. She shut the door and the two of them silently left the seedy bar before Sage finally spoke up, "See, I knew he could help us. If you know anyone yourself that might have an opening, that's fine too."

Sanz, like Sage, remained quiet until the two of them exited the building. He wasn't entirely sure how to process Sage's new connections...
"Yeah... I don't really know anyone who would be good at that sort of thing. I may be able to send out one feeler, but the rest are far from social individuals."
Sanz shook his head
"Your friend said that whatever he found might not be cheap, but I do wonder exactly what level of wealth that means. Are we talking gold, tens of gold, hundreds of gold?"

"I mean, We've gotten a bit of money now." Sage said thoughtfully. "but you're right. We still have to pay our way and not die." Sage mentioned then gave a half hearted shrug, "I mean, its bound to be cheaper then what the guild is offering right now... right? But whats wrong with a seedy part of town? It's not like every part of our life is dangerous right now." She mentioned, though gave a small sigh of almost hopelessness. "I hate this. The urge to be home has never been bigger... want to go get a quest together? Kind of.. hang out together a bit."

• Nice Execution!
Sanz nodded his head in response.
"I hope you're right--I just would rather not have to worry about the security of our living situation in addition to risking our lives on the regular."

A quest together... did sound like a good idea. The two of them had been talking during the nights, but rarely seen each other during the day. Sage was definitely spot-on with the desire to go home. He was still hoping in the back of his mind that one day, he would wake up and be in his own bed... but every day that hope became a little less present.
"Maybe... it would be nice to head out without worrying about what we can discuss for once. Could also see what the two of us have learned in the interim."

"Worry about what we are going to discuss? What kind of worry is that?" Sage asked, trying not to laugh as they walked their way back to the guild hall. Again, as they bustled through town, Sage waved to a few people here and there. But enough of them saw they were with Sanz and didn't quite approach.

Sanz also noticed that people were avoiding the two of them. For the best honestly, he wasn't really trying to make friends.
"I was less worried about people hearing us and more about people trying to break in. Hopefully that won't be a big concern..."
The man remained quiet as they continued back to the guild hall, and did not speak up again until they had arrived.

In front of them stood the wall of quests, and Sanz realized something.
"Sage, how high has your level gone now? I'm sitting at right around 28, so I'm assuming it might be good to try a quest a little below that?"