Soldiers of Misfortune: Into The OOC Of Oppression

• Thread starter Dawn Bringer Invictus
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Which of the following in the IC would you be looking forward to the most?

• Infiltrating an enemy position

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Assaulting a stronghold with marginal numbers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Soldiers of Misfortune

Alright, well, this chapter shouldn't last too much longer. Most of Markarov's forces have been crushed and the general's now on the run.

EDIT:

Second part of Post# 49 now features a GIGANTINC ARMOURED CRAB DESTROYING THE REMAINING ENEMY DEFENDERS.

Oh and Funebraran Factoids has been updated.

Speaking of new characters, I managed to get this far tonight. I'll work on the equipment section come morning - it'll take quite a bit of work, and I'll look into fleshing out other areas while I'm at it.

Name: Korbinian and Leona Meinhardt
Species: Transhuman
Designation: Lieutenant, 2nd Grade

Physical Description: Korbinian stands at around 5'8", and weighs 95 lbs before modifications - he weighs almost 240 lbs with them. Leona stands at 5'3", and weighs 75 lbs pre-mod, and 190 lbs post mods. Both have obvious and extensive modifications to their bodies. Both share a few major mods: their spines have been fully replaced with a specialized jack system to allow them to connect to their vehicles, including four large "ports" down the spine from the neck to just above the butt. Both have also had their right arms replaced with obvious mechanical replacements - specially designed hands allow for greater manual dexterity on controls. Leona still has hair, and hers is just barely shoulder length and blue in color. Her right eye is green, but pupil-less due to the replacement procedure. Her left eye is obviously mechanical, hued the same color as the right, and surrounded by a metal plate. Compared to her brother, she has less obvious mechanical components - most of her body is still flesh, but she does sport numerous scars from both combat and surgery. Her right leg is also a replacement, the skin slightly off hue from her normal pale. Korbinian has no hair left, but his right eye is still human. A large metal plate runs from the top of his spinal jack to the upper middle of his head, covering the entire back of his skull. Korbinian also has multiple obvious plates across his chest and back from numerous repair surgeries, and all but his left leg have been replaced mutiple times.

Back-story: Korbinian and Leona are both war orphans, products of the war-torn time they live in. Both of their parents were killed during a violent uprising on their homeworld of Soledad when the TCS arrived to put down the revolt. Normally, with their parents dead, they would have been placed into an orphanage, but the TCS had other plans. Both were extracted from Soledad to become part of a super-soldier project. Rather than be trained and modified from birth to become the perfect ground-pounders, they were modified with the intent to become the most perfect pilots. From the age of 3, both were treated as nothing better than tools and playthings by the TCS - they had seen their first combat by age 9, and taken a life for the first time at the same time.

Without anyone else to grow attached to, the two themselves grew closer. Korbinian and Leona don't fully understand how to love - neither of them have experienced it, save but when they were a child - but they love each other in their own way. Both fight hard to ensure that the other does not become broken - Korbinian more than Leona, having giving limb and almost life numerous times to shield his younger sister from harm. In return, the TCS rewarded his loyalty to his sister with more and extensive mods, and at this point have replaced over 85% of his body. Leona's modifications, while still heavy, are mostly meant to enhance her piloting. As they grow older, th TCS have finally decided to give the project a final field test of sorts - they've been assigned to the Helios systems in order to assist those fighting there in anyway they can. Their survival is secondary to results.

Personality: Both are cold and emotionally distant, but not much by choice. Social interaction at this point has been limited to being given orders from superiors, and training from military personnel. However, Leona and Korbinian share a close bond to each other. They're rarely found far from the other, and have an odd tendency to speak in unison caused by both of them jacking into the same machine at the same time.

Weaponry And Equipment:

Wings of Avalon: The Avalon is a forwards-swept winged two man fighter designed piloted by the Meinhardts. Rated for both space and atmospheric flight, the unit is controlled through a custom made seat system - upon sitting in the pilot's seat, the back of the chair slides forwards and connects four plugs to the jack points on the Meinhardt's spines. The Avalon can also seat standard pilots by retracting the plugs, but un-jacked pilots report that the seats are uncomfortable. The jet is normally configured for an anti-ship loadout, including a pulse gattling mounted in a gunpod under the nose of the fighter and plasma-warhead radar guided missiles. However, the Wings of Avalon is considered a modable fighter - due to the gunpod and missile rack designs, her loadout can be easily swapped out with other munitions and warheads based on requirments. The Avalon is painted in standard TCS colors - overall silver, with blue and green trim on the wings and along the side.

Shield of Ascalon: The Ascalon is a bipedal medium assault mecha, designed for engagements against enemy fortifications and other mechanized units. The unit itself is tall and bulbous, with all of the armored plates having round surfaces. The helmet comes with two armored antenna sticking off of it for communication purposes, as well as a large red faceplate that doubles as a visor. The pilots are housed in a dual-cockpit in the chest, with simmilar seat design to the Avalon. A large-scale plasma launcher is mounted in the left forearm, for attacks against lighter mechanized units. The chest houses three different weapons systems - in the right side of the chest is a howitzer cannon for anti-fortification and mechanized use, as well as a chaingun firing HE shells for infantry engagements. The left side of the chest is home to a tri-barreled high-caliber pulse gattling for all purpose use - mechanized, fortifications, and infantry. The ammunition for the weapons is stored in an oversized collar that streches out across the back of the unit, extending out from the chest. The mech also has two five fingered hands, allowing it to use a variety of upscaled personal weapons for mechas, as well as doing double duty as melee weapons. Unlike the Avalon, the Ascalon is painted in camo colors based on the operation terrain.

For reference, the description is based off of: http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=432400

Personal Armored Unit, STRYKER Mark: The STRYKER units are two seperate units of power armor, modified for use by the Meinhardts. Korbinian pilots a STRYKER Mark II, the older of the two designs. In his armor, he stands at 8 foot tall, and weighs around 1000 lbs. The suit itself looks not much more than an uparmored standard human soldier, with some minor differences. The helmet of the suit incorperates a full visor for vision, allowing the operator to keep a full field of vision inside as well as outside their armor. The internals of the helmet displays a HUD, keeping track of pilot vitals, the current combat situation on scaleable tacmap, and also data readouts on equipment that the suit is linked to. The visor also has mutiple vision modes - heat based, light aplification, and a vision mode that identifies and marks electromagnetic fields for identifying electronics and vehicles. Positioned on the forearms are two heavy duty armored plates, which pull double duty as both shield generators and extra protection. The operator can project a flat shield from either of the shield generators, useful for deflecting or slowing incoming enemy fire. Beyond that, the MkII uses standard infantry weapons when in combat, alternating between attacking and providing cover with it's shield generators. Leone pilots the MkIII, which stands above the MkII at about 11 feet tall. Where the MkII is heavily defensive, the MkIII is designed to provide offensive firepower. The MkIII has multiple swing bars and hooks deployed across the backside to allow mounting of offensive weapons. It does not have the MkII's shielding system, but instead relies on heavier personal armor and defense provided by the MkII itself. The loadout of the MkIII varries wildly based on the operation, but plasma-throwers, gattling cannons, and missile pods are not uncommon on the equipment. The helmet of the MkIII is also more customized than the MkIIs - without a visor, sensors installed across the helmet provide the operator with 360 degree visual input, relayed to the pilot directly via the spinal jacks. Neither of the Marks are very quiet - both are powered but scaled down jet engines, and while in operation are known for the loud whining sound the engines make. Finally, both suits of STRYKER armor are painted jet black - Korbinian's has a red stripe on the right arm of his unit, and Leone has a pale blue stripe on hers.

Relation to others: Korbinian and Leone, at the moment, see others in one of three ways: Irrelevant, a source of orders, or a target.

@ Okami: Nice to see you on board now, almost forgot about your post, being so small compared to everyone else's hehe. I'll address it in my next post, or at least I'll try to. Arkoss will be a bit busy, so his response might be a tad short. Will your ship be sending in forces of its own?

Welcome aboard, Reiz. Also FUCK YEAH WE HAVE A THIRD PAGE IN THE IC NOW THANKS TO FLUFFY YERYERYERYERYER!

>__>
<__<

Looks like the combat is drawing to a close. Three elite commander suits (Markarov's bodyguards) vs. two Strykers, Sorvaille, Claire, Arkoss, and probably a few other funebrarans. Yeah, the good guys outnumber the bad and this battle's in the bag, but don't expect the surviving suits to go down without a fight.

It's the end for Markarov's career as a general... or is it?

At the same time, the T.S.C. has spotted Hayden's gun-runners working alongside the funebrarans now. We can expect that they'll be a bit suspicious to say the least, even though it seems they were being incredibly altruistic for no real reason at all.

Expect an important character with a high degree of power to be appearing soon.

In the meantime, the rest of you should do some postage as well. The battle's closing up, yet the T.S.C. have suddenly jumped in despite telling the 13th that this would be a solo mission on their part. The insectoid soldiers and their allies are going to be a bit suspicious.

Working on a frantic egress post.

Expect it in the afternoon.

Alright, now to snipe some fothermuckers.

Welcome back, Karsikan!

Anyhoo, seeing as you've taken care of that rather quickly, I think we can start ending this chapter soon.

EDIT: I've added in and changed some data on the races of the Trans-Space Coalition.

Dunno what to say... Run out of minions to distract... Maybe I'll go find Claire and drop off my injured Funebraran soldier. Taxon? Anywhere you'd like to hitch a ride to?

Don't worry, my next post will hopefully clear things up a bit and give you some ideas of what to post.

HEY!!!

At least let me post first!

Aight my bad, getting ahead of myself lol. I'll prepare a post up so I can post after you presumably get yours down.

Alright, egress complete.

No, scratch that, there's something I have to do first...

EDIT: Carry on smartly...

So if I don't get any response from Okami by this Friday or Saturday, I'm ending this chapter and beginning the new one.

If any of you want, we can have an interlude mini-chapter in-between, taking place on the Dissenter or perhaps some of the other ships out there.

Edit: Writing up the response to it right now. Will hopefully complete it when I come back.

I had some dialogue based postage planned for the interchapter part.

I think we could have that inter-chapter then, should be rather short. I'm working on that chapter-ender currently; changing large chunks of it.

RIP CHAPTER 2

And yes, that is a monster sized post. If you're too lazy to actually read the damn thing, just PM/IM me ([email protected] if you want my MSN) and I'll sum it up for you.

Anyhoo, seems like we'll have two non-combat and more character interaction chapters (one of these will be an interlude) before we get back into the fire.

The suspicious fellow I was talking about earlier has appeared as well; expect him to be a huge power player.

And so the plot thickens...

*Administers Coumadin so he can wade through it.*

If any of you want to still post anything, just title your posts as something interlude like. I'll try to get ch.3 or the interlude started sometime tomorrow.

I'll add information for the Mechalith race later today.

@ Okami: Reading over your last posts and you seem to be saying that the funebrarans are in command, and while that would be kinda cool, they aren't the ones leading the peace-keeping effort in the Helios system. Technically, the T.S.C. are heading this mission with the funebrarans having been ordered to fight alongside them.

Anyhoo, working on a post. Hoping this chapter won't take too long.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Okami needs to post so I can end another chapter lol.

Expect more information on Solstice on the next chapter hopefully, along with the appearence of a most disagreable group of bastards.