Soldiers of Misfortune: Into The OOC Of Oppression

• Thread starter Dawn Bringer Invictus
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Which of the following in the IC would you be looking forward to the most?

• Infiltrating an enemy position

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Assaulting a stronghold with marginal numbers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Soldiers of Misfortune

hm... problematic...

It's only going to get worse after Hayden's through with them.

Well, the funebrarans and possibly the Jaanoaikken might know or suspect that some of the "cops" are really just dissidents in disguise, based on suspicious movements and activity. We can imagine though, that the funebraran stealth teams would generally attempt to keep out of sight of either side along with any local security and T.S.C. forces.

Mind you, everyone involved in this operation basically wants to finish the job quietly. If it becomes an open battle, they all get screwed by the T.S.C., as they've got a large military base nearby and all.

I find myself inspired by the bombing of the US Marine barracks in Beiruit, Lebanon.

EDIT: I'll be out of town from Friday to Sunday night or Monday.

Name: Mikhail Gradenko

Species: Human

Appearance:
SammonBurgi.jpg

Special Abilities:
Die Hard; Sergeant Major Gradenko has seen many horrific things in his career and in the face of horrific losses and terrifying enemies he maintains his calm and keeps fighting.

History:

I'll get to it later

Welcome on board bro! Looking forward to having more Warhammer fans on for the ride!

Got an expository post up. Also, if anyone is wondering what Krozill is up to, he's basically assisting the stealth teams from a commanding position; is not actually there, but it is providing guidance.

Oh and Salko's first name was changed to Vetzer.

"Disssenters" post has been re-done to add in greater detail and more opportunities for those who want to do something more interesting back at the main base. And in case you're wondering, "Voivod" is the funebraran designation for commander.

Anyhoo, either once Reiz, Bloodfox, or Quinn gets a post up detailing Salazar Tibautho situation, I'll respond to Arsenal likely. Or I'll just take the go-ahead if it takes too long.

the triumph of death? i am impressed. Brugel is a fucking master!

Yeah, my boys are getting antsy and Fulber may need therapy.

Anyone know a psychologist that specializes in PTSD?

Reiz/Quiinn/Bloodfox/Angel of Death: Are you having any trouble visualizing the area where Tibautho is hiding and the stalemate is taking place?

@ Arsenal: I'll be hopefully posting soon in response to your last post.

Working on my post right now. Gonna drop the Meinhardts in, whack a few NPCs, and then move in. If anyone needs me to hold off, hit me up on MSN double quick.

Will hopefully be geting a post up later tonight. Gotta survive some readings first. In said post, may also focus on the situation in the slums, mostly to help flesh out what's going on.

is it cool for a Death Spire (Space Necromancer types) frigate to drop the MI off, or would a company of troopers be wrong time for the narrative?

Where would the MI be being dropped off and whose side are they on (Funebrarum, Solstice, T.S.C., local warring factions etc.)?

MI would be dropped off to support any earth allied forces, or whereever you want them.
Also, they'd be allied mostly with Earth, although the Death Spire ship accommodates their dropships.

I'm thinking of a few places they can go to at the moment, all of which have different storyline opportunities.

The first is the main T.S.C. base, at the higher ground on the city's outskirts. Puts them right with the main T.S.C. force waiting for the preparation at the capital city to finish so they can head off tomorrow, alongside the funebrarans, the Solstice Conflict Response Division, and a whole lot of military in-fighting and suspicious activity. There's a nearby city as well they could be deployed in, although that kind of links into the next opportunity, as well as presenting opportunities in and of itself possibly. Arkoss will presumably be meeting Hayden or a representative of him soon in the city.

The second is the slum/shanty town/industrial area in that city where Salazar Tibautho is hiding out, and where multiple sides are waging a covert and "quiet" battle in order to either kill or capture him. Being deployed there, aside from linking up with local T.S.C. forces, also means that they may just become targets themselves in a currently four way battle for the informant, between stealth and undercover teams from the Kohoavtse, the Jaanoaikken, Solstice/T.S.C. black ops, and a 13 person funebraran infiltration team.

The third could possibly be inside the nearby jungles/swamps, where hidden Jaanoaikken and Kohoavtse forces, alongside possible hidden US military forces, lie in wait and fight in a powerstruggle for control of the planet. It'd be "black operations"-feeling, kind of like the above, but with less emphasis on stealth and more room for action.

The fourth, and probably the hardest to pull off right, would be for them to be deployed immediately to the capital city, which is where important peace meetings will take place the next day, and where various major players are secretly preparing to make their move and change the history of the planet forever.

'Course, you could think up of your own as well; these are just some ideas floating around my head. I'm currently thinking the first three are the best. Your call though, and you can choose something not on this list I guses.

hmm. im thinking either jungle or informant war, leaning towards the former.

I think either one could work well, but it's pretty much down to personal preference now methinks. Got a doctor's appointment today, so the post might take a bit longer than it should for me to get down.