Soldiers of Misfortune: Into The OOC Of Oppression

• Thread starter Dawn Bringer Invictus
  • Start date

Which of the following in the IC would you be looking forward to the most?

• Infiltrating an enemy position

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Assaulting a stronghold with marginal numbers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OOOOOOUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!

In the meantime, the above poll should perhaps hint at the madness that is to come.

Also, here's the song that would have originally opened up this RP. In a way, it sums up a huge portion of the universe and story it takes place in its lyrics. The early works of this band are in general a huge inspiration for my RPing ideas. Lyrics included.

After the battle is over
And the sands drunken with blood
All what there remains
Is the bitterness of delusion

The immortality of the gods

Sits at their side
As they leave the walls behind
To reach the jewels gleam

The days have come

When the steel will rule
And upon his head
A crown of gold

Your hand wields the might

The tyrant's the precursor
You carry the will
As the morning is near

I sing the ballads

Of victory and defeat
I hear the tales
Of frozen mystery

The new kingdoms rise

By the circle of the tyrants
In the land of darkness
The warrior, that was me
Grotesque glory
None will ever see them fall
And hunts and war
Are like everlasting shadows

Where the winds cannot reach

The tyrant's might was born
And often I look back
With tears in my eyes
Grotesque glory
None will ever see them fall
And hunts and wars
Are like everlasting shadows

Holy frack there is a lot of information in this thread. I'll throw together a character sheet either late thursday night (after going to see Gwar) or some time during the day on friday.

You are correct sir - there is a lot of fracking information in this thread. But - it is worth reading cause this shit is awesome.

And I am anxiously awaiting the big ass address the hell out of everyone post. Twitching like a crack fiend in expectation.

Post should be in before the end of next week.

@ Arsenal: Think you could get a post up showing Hayden's stealth team making their way into the where the battle for Salazar's fate is being decided?

Alright. I need to update myself right quick.

So we got the roleplay of the month award on the Newsletter!

Congratulations to Soldiers of Misfortune for being our Roleplay of the Month! If you're looking for an epic sci-fi filled with intrigue, war, political battles, and drama - this is the one for you!

A big fuckin THANK YA to everyone who participated!

*highvies SBM* you deserved it, this is just dripping of epicness.

Aight, just posted. Xmelesiox, you want to handle the deployment of the C.O.S. team in the area where Salazar is?

I haven't had a good battle of the powergamers in quite some time.

*sees SBM's post*

and thank fuck, i wont have to engage in one.

A word of wisdom Comrade Okami.

no communication system is undetectable. no warrior undefeatable.

and no camoflague saves you from orbital nuclear bombardment, and the better your soldiers are, the worse you suffer when they are raised back from the dead and turned against you.

I understand your desire to show that the Alarians are no pushovers, but my friend, do not underestimate the Mobile infantry, or indeed their Death Spire compatriots. they have many weapons capable of bursting hulls. they can indeed detect the presence of your active camo and had SBM not given me a high road, they would have suffered a drop pod strike, whereupon the Stalingrad deploys my own godly special forces warriors.

Now I know denials or rebuttals are sure to follow, I would have done the same, and indeed, did, once upon a time.

perhaps its because im tired, perhaps i've misread things, perhaps you didnt aim to create an air of powergamage.
but alas, the air has been created.

Eh, the crashed ship made me immediatley think of those obligatory "hold positions against stupdily overwhelming odds" missions and scenes you always have to have nowadays in most action games and movies. I figured that the Council forces would be thinking "Well, might as well bring out the whole crew if you're going to try to defeat an entire infantry detachment and the marines on that crashed ship" and hey, nothing like major set-piece action right? It'll be good opportunity to see how the Alarians and the M.I. fight. I think we've been kinda starved for a major action scene since the last chapter anyways.

Anyhoo, I imagine the other crashed ship would be being salvaged or evacuated by the Jaanoaikken, with perhaps the kohoavtse attempting to attack and the council of shadows simply being told via orders from "higher up the command chain" to hold back.

And yes, the people we see in the documents Vetzer manages to take we will all get to fight later. To keep it simple, they are some gnarly fuckers.

I'm trying to figure out where I come in all this... Seriously, I'm that confused...

I'm trying to figure out where I come in all this... Seriously, I'm that confused...

Hayden's stealth team, perhaps they'd be attempting to link up with the funebraran stealth team while attempting to keep out of the prying eyes of the jaanos, kohos, and T.S.C. peacekeeping forces in that area? At the same time, perhaps some of his mercenaries with koho backing are being sent into the jungles to investigate the crashed shps.

Sorry I wasn't trying to be a powergamer, I was trying to get across the point that Colonel malis is a douche. I wrote that five miniutes before I had to go to work, so I didn't write it to well.

ah. then it seems I owe you an apology comrade.

i have a tendency to overreact.

I'll need a day or two before I can get a post up but I'll work with the teams near salazar and respond with taxus when I get the opportunity too. Probably no more than 48 hours from now.

Sounds legit. Later on, I'll see if perhaps I can get a post up showing what's going on around the other crashed ship.

Yeah, my post just went out the window, working on a new one.

Now that I think about it, I don't really have any idea where the crashed ship crisis is taking place on Membros. I'm personally thinking perhaps on a different continent, maybe on a distant large island-country.