Sharp Teeth and a Helping Hand

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching how Naomi took care of the monsters was like watching a musician playing their first concert. She was so happy and confident it made him feel equally happy. When she gave him the small gold globe he held it in one hand "Well do Naomi! You've come such a long way in such a short amount of time!" he praised. "You never seas to amaze." he shook the globe and watched as the shadows struggled in their cage. "Forgive me but..." he crushed the globe, a small scream came from his hand. "We can't just have things like this laying around. Come on lets get you home." he smiled.

The walk home slowly slipped into darkness and howling snow. It wasn't safe to out at night anymore, shadows grew in huge number. The two finally reached the apartment complex just as they started to hear the screams of the damned. They closed and locked the door "Is Kevin here?" Argus asked taking off his wet shoes.

"No he doesn't usually get home until really late... or early depending on how you look at it." Naomi tossed her coat over a chair at the table. "I'm going to get something a little warmer on." she walked over to her room.

"Hey you want some tea? I could go for a cup!" he called out to her. He put the water on the stove and after awhile with no response he called out again "Naomi?" He walked over to her room and saw her standing there "Naomi? Yoooou okay?" he grabbed her shoulder.

"Come on Red you know the rules. You touch you pay."

Naomi felt herself beaming all the way home. Argus had said something she'd been wanting to hear for a while now. He was proud of her. Really and truly proud of her. She chuckled a little to herself as they made their way back to the apartment. Nothing seemed to phase her as they went. Neither the encroaching darkness, nor the sound of screeches they'd left behind them. She was just ecstatic... She really had been doing well lately and with her confidence restored, she knew that she could conquer any more obstacles that dated to get in her path... except for the cold. That meant she needed to have some hot cocoa first...

Naomi rushed off to her room, anticipating thr sweet flavour of warmth and happiness that she would soon be making.. but as soon as she stepped across the threshold to her room, she felt her body freeze. The jacket in her hand slipped off of her shoulders and onto the floor. Eyes drawing wide, Naomi was hardly even there by the time her jacket finally met the ground.

It was so quick. One moment she was looking forward to hot cocoa, the next, she found herself confronted by her very favourite little demon. "Good timing, as always, Red... I need a favour to ask of you" Leaning closer to Argus, Desire looked at the man with half-lidded eyes. She smiled at him about as kindly as she could... just as she raised her hand in front of him. In that instant, Argus felt his feet being lifted from the ground. And, following her hand's lead, he was suddenly thrown against the wall in front of her. "Now that I ha e your attention. I need you to do something g for me, my love... Naomi has this silly idea in her head about.. leaving Nine Tails. And I need you to get that out of her mind as soon as possible. Okay, dearest?" -Desire clenched her hand.. causing Argus to feel himself being squeezed. Harshly.

"Desire!" Argus gasped a little before she through up against the wall. "Now now is this.... anyway to ask.... nicely?" he said as she began to squeeze him.

"Look Red this is me being nice, now if you want I could just crush you and leave you here for sweet innocent Naomi to find. Let's be honest and say that would crush her, knowing that she killed the only person to understand her, thus sending her into a downward spiral, thus giving me all the opportunity to take over permanently, and I'm sure that's the last thing you want." she smirked at the demon.

"I won't use my powers..... ugh.... to influence Naomi...." she struggled against his bonds.

"Come on Red don't be a stick in the mud, this deal is mutually beneficial for the both of us. I get to keep dancing and enjoying myself, and you get to keep your precious innocent Seer. See win win." she squeezed a little harder.

"F... fine." Argus chocked out, and instantly he was dropped to the floor.

"See was that so hard? She leaned down and kissed him on the forehead "Now off the ground, Naomi wouldn't be to happy if she say you looking at her like a monster." she lifted him off the ground and set him on his feet. "Alright on the count of three...one... two... three." she clapped her hands.

"Argus? Are you alright?" Naomi looked at him.

"Yeah I'm fine. Did you want tea or coco?" he said with a nervous smile. "What are you down to do tonight?"

if I ever feel better . . .
remind me to spend some good time with you
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
you can give me your number
when it's all over i'll let you know . . .

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Naomi hardly seemed affected by Desire's sudden appearance. In fact, from the way she acted, she seemed to have not been aware of it at all. The moment she was awoken to reality, she merely saw Argus standing in front of her, looking pretty dazed... His smile even seemed a little off. Naomi was concerned almost immediately, but knowing that her constant worrying upset him, she'd been trying to work on making it less apparent. She smiled instead. "I think I'd like to do cocoa... Kev has a really great recipe that I'll attempt... But I'm sure it won't be nearly as good."

After a few minutes of cooking--and quiet swearing--Naomi managed to get everything on the stove and boiling. She stood in the kitchen, watching everything like a hawk to make certain that nothing burned. In the meantime, she let Argus lounge on the couch, not at all trying to appear leagues cooler than she was... Once she set both of her burners to simmer, she walked over to the couch and leaned down over the back of it so that she was a few feet away from him. "Oh... I never did answer your question, did I? ... I mean, I don't have to work tonight, so I guess I'd like to stay in, for once? Unless. I mean. Did you have plans? ... I don't really know what you do whenever you're gone." Naomi chuckled a little.

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"I don't have to work tonight." echoed in Argus's head as he just gave her a blank look.

"Argus... you okay?" Naomi raised an eyebrow.

"Hm? Yeah sorry I'm fine... just a long day." he rubbed his eyes.

"What do you do while you're not here? Are you still watching over me when you're gone?" Naomi asked.

"My my aren't we a nosy little mouse." the demon smirked.

Naomi went a little red "I I'm sorry I was just curious."

"The truth about what I do... might be not to your liking Naomi. I'm a demon and as you very well know demons can be the cause of very horrific things. Are you sure you want to know?"

Naomi paused "Argus you've helped me out so much with all of my problems, so I know you're a good guy.... lay it on me." she said with confidence.

Argus sighed "Naomi... I take lives... like a lot of them, and not all of them deserve it. I've killed so many people, but I have to... it was part of the deal I made to get my body back. I'm sorry Naomi, but I'm not the good guy you make me out to be." a deep sorrow filled his eyes. "You have to understand it's not that I want to do it, it's that I have to."

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]"O-oh... But... Wait. What do you mean 'not all of them deserve it'? You're not... you're not killing innocent people, are you? What would they have to do with protecting me? Why would they need to die..?" Naomi looked at the man, a little wide-eyed. This was the first time that he'd given her a glimpse into his daily life, after all. She knew Argus always held himself up as some evil creature, but now that they'd become more familiar, she didn't really believe it. After all, the man was kind to her. It took a while for her to realise it, but he was truly on her side and doing everything within his power to make certain that she would succeed. Naomi was thankful for that... And she didn't believe that someone capable of such kindness would just go around killing people.

Coming around the couch, Naomi sat down beside the man and smiled. She reached over and placed a hand on the demon's shoulder. "Look, I know that you have to do certain things, being a demon and all. But, just from your eyes I can tell that you don't enjoy them. And... And that's why I know you're a good guy. You don't enjoy this stuff that you have to do. It's... It's a shitty situation... Sort of like my whole 'day job', you know." Naomi chuckled a little at the comparison. It was a horrible one to make, but it did apply. "I never... really wanted to go into stripping. Nobody does, I guess. But... I never really learned to do much. All that time in the asylum, in between my 'episodes' and 'psychotic breaks', I never really got to learn much. I... I just fell into stripping one day, because someone approached me about it. They said I'd be a natural. ..." Naomi sighed, suddenly feeling very uncomfortable with saying this. She always was, when it came to her job. "Heh... These days I can hardly even remember what I do most nights. ... The other girl takes over and I just leave her to it. Apparently she does a good job, from what I can tell.", Naomi chuckled, though she was obviously nervous. Talking about Desire was something that she strictly forbid herself to do. But... now that Argus was being honest with her, she assumed she should do the same.

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Argus stayed quiet when she pressed him on why he was killing innocents, and listened to her talk. It was nice to hear her be so sympathetic about something she didn't know much about. There was so much she didn't understand: about him, about herself, about her powers, about the part she would inevitably play in all of this. "You are to kind to me Naomi. I tell you I'm a murderer and you repay me with kindness." a tear rolled down Argus's face.

"Argus... a are you crying? Did I say something wrong?" Naomi panicked.

"I have to hurt you now Naomi, and I'm sorry." he gritted his teeth and grabbed her arm and yanked her towards him.

"Argus what are you doing!" she wriggled in his iron grip. "Argus you're scaring me!" she pleated.

"I'm so sorry Naomi." he placed his palm on Naomi's forehead, and instantly she froze. "Naomi you don't want to quit the Nine Tails, in fact you're going to be excited to go each and every night. You can't wait to cut loose and let the other girl take over, you long for it. However, during the day you want nothing more then to act like the beautiful woman you are. You're not a slut Naomi, she is." he took his hands off the woman and leaned back.

Naomi's eye fluttered for a second "I'm sorry uh what was I talking about? I guess I spaced out for a second, I must be more tired then I thought." she chuckled.

"You were talking about how you fell into stripping, and now how happy you are to have gotten a part in the movie." Argus didn't look at her when he spoke.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]The moment that Argus touched her forehead, Naomi's eyes glowed briefly. Lighting up that same warm, pale gold that he knew all too well, they stayed that way briefly before suddenly flickering out. His declarations sunk into her mind, filling and encircling her thoughts until they became fact... or something like it. When Naomi awoke to reality again, she found herself staring into space once more. She shook her head, laughing it off as some lapse of mind... She chuckled nervously about it, realising that she must have looked like such an idiot in front of him. She was doing stuff like this constantly... Spacing out, forgetting things, crying... She was like a child, really. Which was why she needed to get to Nine Tails. She needed to prove to him that she wasn't a child. Far from it... Starting to get up from the couch, Naomi went to retrieve the hot cocoa she'd been making. "Oh, Argus, what am I doing? I should really be leaving for Nine Tails... I said that I'd take the night off, but... I ... I think I should really go. I can always take a rest in the morning." Naomi shrugged in the slightest, beaming as she poured the cocoa into a cup for Argus and a thermal for herself. She started to get ready to go... But, suddenly, a feeling descended upon her. As if something wasn't right. Something felt... so wrong about this. Hadn't she just said that she didn't want to go? She could have sworn feeling that way this morning. Feeling a sudden, sharp pain in her head, Naomi placed a hand on the area, wincing a little. She shook her head. "Yeah... I. I'm pretty sure I n-need to get to Nine Tails. ... If you want, you can stay here and have a nice night. I'll try to be home before the morning hours."

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Reactions: Tone 6th
Argus hopped off of the couch and grabbed his coat "No no you know for a fact that there are FAR to many shadows out there to take on by yourself, I'm coming with you."

"Argus it's seriously across the street I'll be fine. I mean you have to be exhausted with all the fighting you do." Naomi frowned.

"Naomi please, we talked about this before. No matter how powerful you think you are, are you allowed to walk outside at night by yourself." Argus shot her a stern look.

"Don't talk to me like I'm a child!" Naomi said sharply. "I'm a fully grown adult, and I know how to handle myself!" she growled.

Argus stared her down "Fine do whatever you want, I'm not a fan of the cold anyway." he tossed his coat on the chair, and went back to the couch. "If you get into trouble just.... *sigh* call." Argus sounded defeated.

"Argus I- Ahh..." her forehead throbbed with a sharp pain, and the urge to get going grew even stronger. She left without another word.

"Awwww whats the matter Argus? Is your pet becoming disobedient?" a mocking voice called from behind the couch.

Argus peaked his head over the couch "Oh hey, how did you get in here?" he asked nonchalantly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naomi walked outside into the howling bitter cold wind, the only lights around were the street lights that lined the main street. She had to get to the Nine Tails, something was driving her.

*Hissssss*

A chill ran down the Seers spine, as she heard a noise from the shadows. The air got colder and time seemed to slow down around her. She knew what was coming....

"Raahhhh." a creature crept out of the shadows slowly hissing.

shadowbeast.jpg

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Naomi wasn't certain what it was about her head today. One moment, she was feeling fine, the next, she had a terrible migraine. At the moment, she was feeling all right again so, pulling her winter coat a bit tighter, she started walking down the street, making her way towards Nine Tails as quickly as she could. She didn't know what it was about tonight, but she felt a certain need to get there now. Usually, she wasn't this enthusiastic. Hell, she hardly remembered most nights anyway, what was there to be excited about? But tonight... there was something calling her there.

Unfortunately, the hiss of some identified... something, broke her attention. Gaze going quickly to the origin of the noise, Naomi stiffened as soon as her eyes met it. She wasn't even certain if the thing possessed eyes... It looked entirely foreign to her. Spindly and thin, yet exceedingly tall, she was stunned as she watche dthe otherworldy nightmare crawl out of the blackness and into reality. Blue eyes drawn wide, Naomi knew what the creature was... and at the same time, she knew nothing about it. All she knew for certain was that it wasn't friendly... and it was coming for her.

Putting up her defenses quickly, Naomi surrounded herself in her golden light. She started to move backward from the shadow, started to run back to Argus. But her feet remained firm. She couldn't always depend on him. It was fatal to think that Argus would always be there to save her. No. She could take care of this. She could defeat this thing! Raising her hand, Naomi grabbed a few trashcans from a nearby alleyway and threw them straight at the creature, hoping to knock it away from her.

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

The creature took the first trash can and shrunk backwards a bit, but the other cans were frozen instantly. They fell to the ground and shattered. It looked at Naomi for a second as if it were waiting for another attack, then it charged at her using the plate of its head as a ram. *BBBZZZZZERT* The monster met with her shield and was knocked backwards though it was quick to get back up. Naomi couldn't believe her eyes, usually anything that came in contact with her shield was burnt to a crisp.

"Raaawwwh!" the beast yelled, and began circling the woman. It was like it was trying to figure out what exactly Naomi was, and what exactly she was doing. "OWOOOOOO!" it howled and hugechunks of ice formed over Naomi's bubble. The chunks pelted the shield and she felt every hit wear on her body.

"Gotta figure away out of this- ah!" the ice continued to fall right on top of her. The beast continued to stalk around her waiting for the shield to shatter, so that it could make it's move. It growled when Naomi raised her hand. "STOP!" she shouted, and a huge wave of mental energy shout out, sending the beast flying.

*CRACK!* It plowed into a all, and hit the ground with a thud. The ice stopped coming and the beast laid there unmoving.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Naomi hadnt expected the thing to, not only survive her shield, but also demonstrate enough intelligence to freeze her out of her bubble. This thing wasn't like the demon beasts that she was used to combating. Usually they were so focused on throwing themselves at her that simply making them run into her shield a few times would put them down. This would be more difficult than she thought. Regathering her shield around her, she approached the thing cautiously. It had hit one of the walls of a fairly condemned looking building. Picking up some of the rubble with her hand, she floated it above the creature, prepared to throw it down the moment it made a move. "H-hey! If you're still alive, consider that a warning! You seem pretty smart, so maybe you dont have to do this. I'll let you leave if you want!"

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

The creature struggled to get up, but when it did it just kind of "looked" at Naomi. Trying it's hardest to figure her out "Rack?" it tilted it's head.

"Can you... understand me?" Naomi moved closer.

At first the beast growled and backed up closer to the wall. "I... I'm to going to hurt you." it was a gamble, but Naomi brought he shield down. "See... I'm not going to hurt you." she gave a nervous smile. The monster slowly approached keeping it's "eyes" fixated on Naomi. "So are we cool?" Naomi laughed a little. Suddenly a tendril shot out of the monsters back and into Naomi's neck, where it started to suck her blood.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Naomi had lowered the piece of rubble in her grasp, placing it aside when she noticed the beast seemed to be understanding her. She'd seen her share of demons now, but this one truly seemed different. It had only attacked her after she'd aggressed on it, It had only raised its voice after she deemed it a threat. Now, as she approached it smoothly, she noticed that the beast was simply staring at her. Almost analysing her.... It wasn't until she felt something pierce her neck that she realised it was doing just that. Flinching, Naomi jerked backward as quickly as she could... The tendril recoiled as well, seeming satisfied with what little it took from her. Naomi scrambled backwards, holding the small neck wound that had been made. It wasn't bleeding too badly... in fact, the small incision barely hurt at all. But then, Naomi realised what it must have done. Her frame felt weak. She could barely feel her legs. Collapsing to the ground, she felt her eyes flutter as images fleeted in and out of her vision... She could see it. The creature... running through darkness. Running from something far larger than it. Its pace was frantic. Frightened... Suddenly, she could see the alleyway it had emerged from. It had surfaced...and, not a moment into its emergence, she'd come along... and thrown a trashcan in its face.

Eyes snapping open, Naomi gasped for breath. She scrambled to sit up, feeling absolutely frigid. She didn't know what time it was, but it felt like she'd been out for nearly an hour. She was almost frozen to the ground.. her coat, the only thing keeping her warm. That... and the creature which was laying beside her. Or, collapsed rather. It looked as though it was just as coherent as she had been, convulsing somewhat... It must have been seeing her. Seeing the moments that had lead her here. Naomi flinched at the thought. That poor thing... She couldn't imagine what kind of hell it must have been running from, only to know the hell that she was running from herself. Reaching over, she.. tentatively placed her hand on what she.. thought might be its head. "It's okay.... Looks like we've got some things in common, hm?"

The creature was fairly still under her hand, not making any aggressive moves now that it had seen whatever visions Naomi's blood brought to it. It stirred a little, making strange noises instead. Almost like purring... She could feel a gentle rumble coming from the creature as well. It honestly would've been cute, if it weren't for how terrifying the thing looked. Yet, Naomi was able to look passed it. She'd seen that the beast was frightened... and now it was hurt, because of her reaction. She sighed... She needed to get the poor thing some help. It was the least she could do. Unfortunately, a vet seemed to be out of the question for this matter.
"Come on, sweetheart... I know someone that can help you out..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

Eternally grateful, as always, for the closeness of her apartment, it was fairly easy for Naomi to get back to her home. She wasn't really certain if the creature was visible to normal people, though, so she did her best to maneuver around them, out of sight. It was pretty successful too. Except for a few close calls with a few of her neighbors, she managed to maneuver the creature--whom was surprisingly obedient, despite its pained limping. Unfortunately, what little normalcy Naomi was used to was completely destroyed upon entering her apartment.

"Hey Argus, I found this little guy outside and sorta attacked him, thinking he was after me. But he's actually friendly! You think you could be a dear a-..." Naomi ushered the creature inside, only to see a familiar face on her couch. Eyes widening, Naomi felt her heart jump into her throat. "Li-! Argus! Get away from her!" Raising her hand, Naomi picked up the couch, with both parties in it and very nearly flung it out the window... Had it not been for Argus's frantic yelling for her to calm down, she would've sent the both of them sailing.

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Last edited by a moderator:
"The door was open sweat heart, you really need to lock your doors if you don't want the creepy crawlies coming in." the succubus smirked. She waltzed over to the couch and sat down next to Argus "Awe why so glum Argus? I thought things with you and the Seer were finally starting to go well."

"It's none of your concern... but thank you for coming anyway. How are those injuries healing up by the way?" he pointed to one of her wings, which was still kind of tattered.

She grabbed the wing and started to stroke it tenderly "Still hurts a little... you guys play to hard." she frowned.

Argus smiled "Well I do apologize... here." he gave her his mug of coco.

Lilith looked at it wearily "What is it?"

"Just drink it."

"Heh it I had a dollar." she brought the mug to her lips and took a sip. "Oh... oh wow that is good! What is this drink called?" her eyes lit up.

"They call it coco." Argus smirked.

"Soooooooo gooooooood!" she took another sip.

Argus heard the door open and looked over the door to see Naomi.... and an odd looking creature. "Oh God Naomi what did you brrrriing!"

"Argus! Get away from her!" Naomi picked up the couch.

"Naomi stop! Stop! Put the couch down! STOP!" Argus screamed.

"Stop! Wh why?" she held the couch in the air.

"Lilith is a my friend. Now please put us down." Argus was quick to explain. *Thud* The couch made it's way back down to the floor "Thank you." the demon breathed a sigh of relief.

"Explain! Now!" Naomi shouted.

"Okay so... that fight was... rigged. I needed to build your confidence, so I asked Lilith-."

"Helloooo. I was pretending to be you at the club!" Lilith waved playfully.

"I asked her to attack, and allowed myself to be attacked. Thus giving you a call to action I say it was pretty successful." he smiled.

Naomi let out a rough sigh "Okay look whatever, that's behind us. I need your help I brought home a new friend." she pointed to the creature beside her.

"N Naomi how did you find a Hell Beast?" Argus was nervous. "Get away from it right now." his hands went ablaze.

"No don't hurt her!" she stepped in front of it. "She's hurt and it's my fault. Please I need your help." she gave him the biggest puppy dog eyes.

"Awe you poor girl, I know a thing or two about these guys." Lilith walked over.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Naomi was quick to stand in the way of Argus's fire ball. She leaned down to protect the creature, whom growled and raised its tendrils aggressively at Argus. It may have been injured, bleeding slightly onto the floor below, but it certainly wasn't ready to give up the fight. Naomi tried to hush it, which worked a little and caused the beast to relax. Eyes raising to see Lilith coming closer, Naomi looked at the succubus skeptically, but tried to be polite, regardless. "So you know about her? Do you know anything about what she is?", Naomi asked, slightly concerned. She rested her hand on the creature's head, trying to keep it calm as Lilith drew closer.

The succubus seemed to know better than to test her luck, though. She stayed a short distance away from it, smiling down at the two of them. "Well, they're certainly not the cutest things you'll ever see, but in the most basic of terms, they're sort of like.... hm... I suppose you could say that they're very similar to the things you call 'dogs' up here. Usually they wild ones will run around in packs, scouring the abyss for whatever hapless creature they can come across and siphon the life right out of it. They feed much like the things you call 'mosquitos', but they can stomach far more than just blood. Essence , dreams, magic... I'm fairly certain they can even liquify and digest bone, if they're really desperate for it. Not very pleasant creatures, really. ... I have three, though! And they're just the sweetest little things, yes they are!" Lilith chuckled, almost tempted to pet the one Naomi had. But, again, she used her better judgment.

"From what I can tell... It seems as though this one's already bonded to you. She must have thought you interesting enough to be worth her time.."

Naomi recalled the strange 'neck thing' that had occurred earlier. "Y-yeah.... I guess so. From what I could tell, she seemed to be running away from something."

"Well that would certainly make sense. She's very small. Downright puny, compared to any full grown Beast. She might be a baby."

Naomi's eyes grew wide as she looked down at the poor thing. "Oh! Oh no, Skittles, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hurt you!"

Lilith had to hold her tongue, hearing the name. Instead she chuckled. "Not to worry, my silly little Seer. Your.... 'Skittles' should be fine. After she's gotten some food and some rest, she'll be back in shape... Though I'm not really certain it would be wise to keep her here on the surface. She might be small, but she's still pretty dangerous. To humans, I mean. You're in the clear, since she decided to bond with you. Anyone else probably won't be so lucky. ... Unleeeeess..... Argy?" Lilith's gaze went over to the other demon in the room. "Do you think that you could handle two training jobs at the same time?"

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Reactions: Tone 6th
"No absolutely not!" Argus yelled from the couch. "I train Seers not mutts!"

"Argus she can understand you, you know! You're a not a mutt are you are yooooooooou. Pretty girl." Naomi patted the beast, and surprisingly it had fur. "You have such a thick warm coat, dawwww." she smiled. The beast responded with kind of purr. "I want to keep you... but I dont think I can." she frowned.

"Awe my little Seer.... Tell you what I'll make you a deal." Lilith smiled. "You let me work for you one day a week, and I'll take care of her."

"You want to work for me?" Naomi raised an eyebrow.

"Yes well let's just say when I'm there, with the popularity you have, I don't go hungry." she chuckled.

"And you'll take good care of her?"

"Yes of course, I have three so I know what I'm doing. You can she her whenever you like, just say her name and then "come". Poof she'll be right by your side. Likewise if you want her to come back to me just say her name and then "return". she explained.

"It's a deal then!" Naomi sprang up and hugged Lilith. "Thank you." she beamed.

"You're very welcome, I'll be taking all of you Friday shifts. Now then Skittles come!" The beast looked at Lilith then to Naomi.

"It's okay, I'll see you soon." Naomi smiled.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Naomi couldn't believe how attached to the beast that she'd gotten in such a short amount of time. By all means, it looked like something from her nightmares. By all means, it might have been! But the way that it conducted itself was just so much like a pet... something that needed to be loved. She couldn't help herself. So, once the deal was struck, Naomi shook on it and let Lilith go. Skittles took a bit of coaxing, but she was able to warm up to Lilith fairly quickly... Perhaps because she had a few of her own already.

When the two were gone, Naomi sighed, somewhat contented. It seemed like a fair enough arrangement... even though it left her with a massive headache. Raising her hand to her head, she winced as something pounded against her skull. Something about the deal she'd made felt wrong... Maybe she shouldn't have given up her Friday nights. Those were the best ones, after all. Saturdays were pretty good, but Fridays were when all of the businessmen got off of their jobs. She winced, groaning in the slightest as the pain started to swell. She stepped backwards a few steps, making her way over to the kitchen to fetch herself some water. As she did, she decided to keep her mind off of it by talking to Argus.

"Hey, Argus... It... It seems like I won't be able to make it downtown after all, so I guess you were right, hm? Must be pretty proud of yourself." She chuckled meekly, only feeling her headache get worse. Drinking a small glass of water, she sighed. "Anyway... I'll... make another pot of cocoa... Were you able to stay up a bit longer?"

Needless to say, Argus looked concerned over how much pain the girl was obviously in. Desire must have been putting up a fit. Damn her. "Naomi, you should probably sit down. Don't worry about the cocoa, I can warm some more."

Naomi whined a little, but she didn't put up much more of a fuss. Moving right over to the couch, she switched places so that Argus was the one in the kitchen. She laid down across the couch, burying her head under some pillows and hoping the migraine would pass. But, as she lay there, she knew she needed to get her mind off of the pain. "...Hey. ... You know, you... never really told me much about what you were like before all this? Just that you had a family. ... What did you do for a living before? ... You seem like you would've been a pretty good lawyer." Naomi chuckled.

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Argus put the pot on the stove and turned it on "A lawyer you say." he chuckled. "Nah nothing like that, I was an architect. Designing beautiful buildings for our fair city. In fact most of the business skyscrapers you see down town were designed by yours truly." he smiled. "Like you know the David's Auto Company building down on 4th and maple, I designed most of it. Or Winston's Fabrics on Jefferson and Langford it's smaller but that was my first solo design. All these buildings came out wonderfully if I do say so myself." he laughed. He took the now warm pot off the stove and poured some more coco, adding marshmallows to Naomi's. He sat down beside her and handed her the coco "Once in a great many moons Tenebrosi... the city where we demons live."

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Naomi continued to lay down, face flat on the couch. The pillow over her head blocked out any extra light, making her feel much more comfortable for the time being. She sighed, only picking up her head when she saw Argus was sitting next to her. She was in too much pain to be subtle, so she let her head plop down in his lap, laying out across the length of the couch. Looking up at him, she clearly looked tired... but the cocoa he brought her certainly helped. She smiled and thanked him... though he brought up something pretty interesting in his answer. "Demons have... a city?" She looked at the man, perplexed. "What would they need that for? ... Is.... Is that why Arcanum wanted your eyes? So that you could make buildings for him?" Though it may have sounded like a joke, the woman looked genuinely confused by the notion.

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Status
Not open for further replies.