Sharp Teeth and a Helping Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

if I ever feel better . . .
remind me to spend some good time with you
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
you can give me your number
when it's all over i'll let you know . . .

[FIELDBOX="❀, #3CCDE0, solid"]
Naomi's gaze was going in and out, but she didn't feel all that hurt. If anything, she just felt tired. She chuckled a little when Argus held her closely, leaning her face into his shoulder. Nuzzling his side softly, she smiled to herself. Her mind felt cloudy at best... but she wasn't scared. Anything was better than the darkness she'd been in for... well, she wasn't certain how long. She winced as she tried to speak again. "H-how.. how long was I gone?"

Argus continued to hold Naomi close. Eventually, he managed to move, picking her up from the floor and rushing over to the bedroom, where her bed awaited. It was still gross, covered in blood, so he was quick to throw the sheets off so that he could lay her down. Once she was settled, he smiled down at the girl meekly, simply glad to see her awake again. "Maybe a day. A day and a half."

Naomi smiled, giving a weak chuckle. "I-it... It felt a lot longer... Sorry for all the trouble." Laid down against her pillows, Naomi raised a hand up to touch the side of Argus's face. "Y-you know.. I've....i've been scared for a lot time. I was too scared to help my mother... t-to scared to help myself. .. A-and I was t-to scared to tell you something... But.. f-funny thing about dying is, I think.. I think I'm over my fear... Or.. m-most of it at least." Naomi chuckled again, coughing a little at the end. Argus looked concerned. "Naomi, you should re-"

"N-no... Not before I tell you what I have t-to say..." Naomi's fingers curled against the side of his cheek. She looked up to him with a warm smile. Despite how horrible she looked, blood still leaking from her face, she was oddly radiant in a way.
"I love you, Argus..."

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Argus's heart skipped a beat when she admitted her feelings, even after what he did to her. "Naomi I-" before her could finish she put her hand on his cheek and pulled him into a kiss. Her lips were soft and gentle not at all harsh like Desire's. Time seemed to slow down for both of them as they wrapped arms around one another.

Naomi pulled way and smiled "No more apologizing Argus, you saved my life. You protect me for so long... and now you can relax." her voice was a low whisper. She moved over on her bed and pulled him down beside her "Will you keep me warm tonight?"she asked.

It felt good to finally stop, to be next to someone he cared the most about, to find someone who he could be himself around. He smiled "Of course Naomi, I will always keep you arm." he pulled her in close, and wrapped his arms around her.

Naomi, with the last bit of strength she had, pulled one of the spare blankets from the bottom of her bed up over them. That cold winter night, they two kept each other warm, and for the first time in a long time slept without interruption.

Last edited:

[FIELDBOX="➶ , lavender, solid"]
It would be a few weeks before anyone dared to disturb the small apartment ever again. Among the supernatural world, rumours had taken the place of violence. Where there was once the blood of humans, only rumours and speculation ran rampant. Rumours of Arcanum's defeat... and possible death. Rumours of some demonic... human hybrid, capable of devouring both alike. Rumours of a new Seer. One powerful enough to defeat a god... All in all, both sides of the supernatural world were wary, to say the least. They knew nothing of the truth, of course. But the rumours were enough to keep them all in line.

One of the few parties that knew the whole truth, Aritian had his own stack of problems to deal with. His superiours were less than satisfied with the information he was willing to give them. Each day, they pressed what little details he would offer... Some days, he almost wished he were capable of lying or being deceitful. He wasn't, of course. So, he had to resort to being as vague as e could. 'His battle with the abomination that Arcanum created took precedence over his other duties and, unfortunately, he wasn't able to identify the threat of the 'abomination-in-question', Naomi Bosco' Something along those lines...

At any rate, Aritian knew that the day would soon come when his tactics would eventually not be sufficient. The only reason they were effective at the moment was because his superiours were more occupied with other important matters. However, he knew that the ruse would have to come to an end some day. He'd only meant to buy the Seer and her demon companion enough time so that they could take care of Arcanum. Once and for all. At the very least, if they got rid of that monstrosity, the archangels might be able to look the other way on Her entirely.... But, from what Aritian could tell in his random, secret perusings of the apartment, the couple didn't seem to be making much progress at all! In fact, they were so busy snuggling and cuddling each other that they seemed to have almost forgotten the fact that there was some huge demon after them both.

Appearing in the apartment one day, completely uninvited, Aritian alighted on the floor and folded his wings into his back neatly. Looking around, he tried to find at least one of th e lovebirds. "Oi! Argus! ... Dearest Naomi? I know you all can hear me!"
[/FIELDBOX]
a r i t i a n

Naomi popped her head out of the bathroom door "Aritian? Jesus you scarred me half to death!" she came over to him.

"My apologies Miss Naomi I meant no ill will."

"You're fine, but please next time just let me know your coming. What brings you all the way out here?" she had a towel around her neck, and her hair was still damp. "Argus is out right now but I can summon him if you need to talk to him." she smiled.

"No No that isn't necessary. I feel that brute would only try to shove me out the door, given our standin and all. No Naomi I came here to talk to you. It's about Arcanum."

"Arcanum? Has he finally reared his ugly face again?" she frowned.

"No nothing like, come let's sit down." he led her to the couch. "Naomi I must be honest with you... the archangels above me are starting to ask more and more questions about you, and what happened that day in the field. I'm not sure how much longer I can keep being vague love, soon enough they will get the answer they seek." he explained.

"Okay but what does that have to with us? With Argus and I?" a worried look was starting to crawl across her face.

"Why everything my dear, once I tell them of your misdeeds then they will end Argus's life and lock you up. However, if you're able to kill Arcanum they might look the other way on you and Argus."

"Ari the last time I stood up against Arc I died, I can't fight him."

"Not yet." he smiled.

[FIELDBOX="➶ , lavender, solid"]"[COLOR= #3CCDE0]Whaaat does that smile mean?[/color]" Naomi couldn't help but be a tad suspicious. Aritian had never really struck her as the type to backstab. He was an angel, after all, and he seemed pretty devout at that. But something about his smile seemed... too similar to the way that Argus smiled, right before he intended to give her 'homework'.

"It's nothing sinister, my dear. Promise. If anything, it'll help all of us, on the grand scale. And it'll all be painless. I think. ... Not really certain. Just got used to the whole 'pain' bit, myself." Aritian srugged, though obviously just as delightful as always.

Naomi's face only became more unimpressed by this plan. "[COLOR= #3CCDE0]Okay, now it's a definite 'no', then.[/Color]"

"Oh, don't be that way, love. Listen, listen..." Aritian decided to put his cheek away for a little while so that he could explain himself. Looking at the woman seriously, he placed a hand on top of hers. This drew her attention, mostly out of confusion. "You need to become a better fighter, Naomi. Your power alone is only going to get you so far... I do believe you've gotten quite strong over these past few months. You could probably stand up to any demon that crossed your path now... but if any of them were just a bit faster than you, or, Heavens forbid, were able to surprise you, you'd be buried before you knew it, love. Pine box and all." He hadn't meant to sound so morbid... but it did seem to resonate with the woman.

"[COLOR= #3CCDE0]I-... I never really thought of myself as a fighter. I mean, I guess I get it. It would makes sense.. but I wouldn't even know where to start.[/COLOR]" Naomi was surprised by how much she agreed with Aritian. But, the angel made a good point. Her powers could be unreliable sometimes... and she couldn't go on depending on Argus all the time. She wanted to be able to protect him too. Especially after how injured he'd gotten in the last battle.

"Well, fancy that. You're just as lucky as you are beautiful, love." Aritian chuckled, patting his hand on her shoulder. "As an angel that's recently sworn himself to preventing Seers from being pounded away into dust, I believe it's my duty to train you. So... at your service." Standing to his feet, he bowed before Naomi theatrically, his wings primped with pride.

Naomi paused, looking at him strangely. She smiled, albeit awkwardly. "[COLOR= #3CCDE0]A-ah... Okay, I guess? ...[/COLOR]"
[/FIELDBOX]
a r i t i a n

Reactions: Tone 6th
Training Day One

MatSpace.JPG

"Yuck. Why do you humans train in such disgusting places?" Aritian cringed as the two walked into a gym that wasn't to far from the Naomi's apartment.

"I'm right there with you Ari." she sighed. "Why did you make be buy all new clothes anyway? I mean I have a few workout outfits." she rolled her eyes.

"Because I believe you humans have a saying... uh... oh yes: 'New clothes, new me.' right?" he smiled.

"Let's just get this over with." she stepped out on to the floor and started stretching, at least should could remember how to do that.

"Very well love. Let's start with thirty push ups." he pointed to the ground.

"Th Thirty! Are you serious?"

"Yes. Please drop and do thirty push ups."

Naomi gave a loud groan and then hit the mat. The first hour consisted of all matter strength and speed training, all of which left Naomi out of breath and aching. The second hour however was a little more interesting.

"Come on Naomi up off the mat." Aritian extended his hand to a now exhausted Naomi.

"I... can't... move..." she whimpered.

"None sense! Up and at em!" Ari peeled her from the floor and stood her up.

"Ari please! Can't we just be done for the day!" she whined.

"No no I'm afraid not Miss Seer. We still have yet to teach you how to toss a proper punch!" he raised his hand with an open palm. "Come on don't be shy hit my hand right center."

"Fine." Naomi pouted. She winded up for what she thought was a good punch, but when she through it...*Wack* It met his hand with the force of a light breeze. "UGH FUCK THIS!" she shouted in frustration. "I'm not built to fight!"

"Then what are you built for Naomi!" Aritian's voice changed to serious. "Are you built to be a whore for the rest of your life? Perhaps a punching bag? No no, a damsel who always needs her demon to come in and save her every time? You have to be able to defend yourself, and coddling you will only stop you from doing so. Now, hit me!"

"RAAAHHHH!" Naomi let her aggression fly in one powerful punch. It skipped over the angel's hand, and plowed right into the side of his face. *WHUMP!* Ari staggered back, and looked at the seer with shock.

Realizing quickly what she had done Naomi went deep red "Oh my God Aritian I'm so sorry! I don't know what came over me!"

The angel paused for a second, and burst out laughing "Well done love! If I were a normal man that would have knocked me out quick as a whistle! You're on your way sweet heart!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Training Day Six
The training was starting to get easier.

"Fifty push ups love." Ari smiled.

"Okay." Naomi got down on the floor.

"Okay? You mean you're not going to complain?"

"No, actually I find it getting easier and easier. I even tagged Argus once or twice." she giggled.

"Well well the student is beating the master? Very well seventy push ups then." Ari wagged his finger.

"No come on that's not fair, you said fifty!"

"Yeah well we can't be going easy on you. After this I'm thinking some suicide runs."

"No I hate thoooooose!"

-----------------------------------------------------
Training Day Fifteen
"Atta girl! Atta girl! Faster! Faster!" Ari cheered as Naomi swung at him. Of course he dodged every punch.... Almost. *WHOMP* She connects an upper cut to his stomach "Ah!" he countered with his own strike coming down with a punch to the head. Naomi was quick to block however, and countered with a cut across to the face. Ari stepped back rubbing his face "Good thing ya got those mitts on eh love?" he smiled.

"I didn't hit you to hard did I?" Namoi gave a small frown knowing that the angle was probably ok.

"Of course I'm alright, it'll take more then a few punches to get me crying. What about you and your wonderful boyfriend, give him anymore thrashings?" he smiled.

"Argus isn't one for fist fighting, he prefers to use our gifts when we train, though his lessons are getting a bit repetitive. I think he's running out of stuff to teach... but I love him all the same." she smiled. "He takes such good care of me... learning how to fight is the least I can do for him."

"Oh cut me a break with the mushy lovey stuff." Ari rolled his eyes and let out a sigh.

"Oh you're just jealous that you can't get any of this." she arched her back and stuck out her chest, and laughed.

Ari laughed with her "Sorry love but humans aren't my things. Come on let's get back to it, hands up!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.