Sharp Teeth and a Helping Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I told you already I am indeed after your eyes, but not the way you think. I'm not here to rip them out of you or kill you and take them. I want to help you learn how to use them, so that we may both destroy Arcanum. I'm not a monster Naomi, and hurting you is the last thing I want to do to you. I didn't protect you all these years just so I could kill you, that would be a huge waste of time." he smiled.

Argus got up and pushed the blinds to her room wide open, the sun was shining outside. "I may look like a demon, I may survive like a demon, I may even act like a demon, but I remember what it is to be human. You forget I wasn't born like this, thank God, I gave my soul up in order to exact my revenge on Arc that was my choice." he opened the window and let the cool crisp of Fall enter the room. "If you question my intent that much then give me some way to prove to you that I'm not going to kill you or push you away. I mean it I'll do anything if it means you'll trust me again."

if I ever feel better . . .
remind me to spend some good time with you
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
you can give me your number
when it's all over i'll let you know . . .

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Naomi winced a little when the blinds in her room lifted. She ducked under her covers to avoid the sunlight, burrowing beneath them until she was cozy again. Despite lying down, she was still listening to the demon's words. She curled on her side and thought to herself about the proposition he placed at her feet. It was a strange one. She didn't really have anything prepared for this circumstance... But she was glad to have it altogether. "I... I don't really know, Argus. I don't have a 'demon test' cooked up in my mind for this kind of situation. I'm just scared... I'm just scared that... maybe one day you'll disappear like everyone else. ...Or shove me into Arc's hands..." She knew which of those fates was worse... but both seemed pretty terrible to her.

"But... if you really were watching me for that long.. maybe you'll know the answer to something that I don't." Naomi paused, thinking again of that time she'd fallen on such a terrible low. When she could hear Arcanum's voice telling her to give in. "When I was little, I grew up in part of the asylum that required a lot of isolation. The only faces I saw were the nurses that gave me my injections or the doctors that talked to me occasionally. I never saw anyone my own age... I think that one of the nurses caught on to the fact that it wasn't good for me... so he tried to be my friend. Nurse Quinn... He was kind to me. He wasn't able to spend very much time with me... maybe ten to fifteen minutes a day. But, for that few months that I knew him, I waited desperately for those moments. ... And then one day, he just stopped coming. I never saw him again... When I asked about him, I was just told that he'd gone to work somewhere else. And, after a while, I realised that he wasn't coming back. He'd abandoned me. ... It was one of those nights that the scissors appeared in my room. " Naomi felt the small scar on her neck... "I only managed to dig barely a fraction of an inch in when I suddenly heard someone tell me to stop. It... It almost sounded like him... ...Did I get him killed? Did... Did Arcanum kill him because of me?"

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Reactions: Tone 6th
Argus frowned recalling that night. He pulled up a chair and sat at the foot of her bed, his hands folded. He was quiet for a moment "Naomi there's something you have to understand about that time in your life, and my protecting you. There were A LOT of demons coming after you at that point. I was still finding my footing as a demon, and because of that I couldn't win every fight. I didn't have a lot of control over my powers I would light myself on fire, I would slow time down around myself instead of the enemy, ect ect. So once and awhile demons would get past me, demons like Arc for instance. However, I was usually able to quickly correct the problem, and kill whatever was coming after you. Nurse Quinn he...." Argus found himself struggling to finish his sentence, knowing that it would crush Naomi. "Here's what happened."

Argus replayed that night in his head. The halls were quiet, no lights were on except the that shown through the small window in Naomi's cell door, and all was calm. Nurse Quinn was making his rounds in solitary when he stopped right in front of Naomi's door looking in on the small girl.

"Don't worry Naomi after tonight it's all going to be okay." he took a small syringe out of his pocket, and smiled.

"Excuse me, but I think visiting hours are over." a younger Argus called out of the darkness.

"Wh who's there!" Quinn shouted in a panic.

A fireball shot out the darkness hitting Quinn square in the chest, knocking his to the ground. "The warden." Argus said now looming over the nurse, his red eyes glowing in the darkness. "You almost got away with it Quinn, you almost got to her... almost. You did a great job of cloaking yourself after you escaped me." Argus berried his foot in the mans chest.

"SOME BODY HELP ME!" Quinn shouted.

"Oh shut up!" he kicked him in his jaw. Now Argu's shoe was on the man's neck "Why don't you just ditch the human get up and show me your real form huh? Just save me the trouble of ripping off of you." he kicked him again. "Come on Quinn CHANGE!" Argus yelled. Quinn slowly turned his head and as he did so his face started to change.

f0df082ff011743ab7c8c413f62097d4.jpg

"Yeesh, truly a face only a mother could love." he said in disgust. "Well thank you for giving that before I give you this." Argus raised his hand and shook it, but nothing happened. "Damn it! Not now." he shook it it again. "Awe fuck it!" he pulled out a large knife and knelt down over the demon "Guess we're going to have to do this the old fashioned way." he slashed the demons neck and then just laid into his chest with the blade. Argus wouldn't stop until he was bathed in the black liquid that was the demons blood. Then once it was all over Argus put the knife away. Breathing heavy he stood up and looked into Naomi's room "I'll keep you safe." he whispered leaving a bloody hand print on the door window, before returning to the shadows.

"And that's what happened with Quinn. I'm sorry Naomi but he was just a demon trying to get close to you, so he could take your gift." Argus frowned.​

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] Naomi listened to the story intently, but as he went on, she suddenly began to... remember. She'd forgotten many things in the asylum. She'd been conditioned to. With the amount of tortures that the monsters put her through daily, she could only hang on to the few specks of happiness she had. It was the only way that she could have stayed sane... or something like it. She remembered Quinn so well. But she'd forgotten all about that night.. until this moment. Earlier that morning, Quinn had told her that he would come visit again later. That was special because he only ever visited her during the day. Once a day, for a few minutes, they would play and sing. Naomi's room felt so much brighter and warmer when that man was around...

Then that night came and everything stopped...
She remembered waking up to the sound of yelling. It was so strange to hear yelling when the halls were so quiet at night. She'd been so excited that Quinn was coming to visit that she could hardly sleep, so it was easy to be awoken by the noise. Unfortunately, the window to her room was always so high. She could never really see out of it. She was tempted to go near the door, hoping that she might be able to hear what was going on. But she knew that was a bit no-no. She wasn't supposed to go near the door unless someone buzzed that they were coming in. So she sat up in her bed, holding her pillow softly and hoping that she'd hear that buzz soon. But it never came. Only more muffled yelling... Soon enough it was all gone. But that was when she saw them. Red eyes. Piercing and bright, they stared right into the room. Naomi went completely stiff... Soon enough, the eyes were gone... but in their wake, a gruesome print of what looked to be a hand remained.

Naomi clutched her hair, recalling all of it so vividly. She was shaking fairly violently, eyes wide but looking at nothing in particular as she tried to throw the memory away. Her breathing had quickened tremendously and her heart was racing... but she tried to calm herself. She knew it was just a memory. Something in the past... Though it didn't shake away any of these feelings of dread. "So... you... killed him? " Naomi asked the question, but hadn't really intended to wait for an answer. She let her hands hug around her shoulders, a few tears slipping from her eyes. "He was a demon... He was going to kill me.. My friend... E-even he was out to get me", she said to herself, trying to throw away the fondness that she had for him. "God.. d-damn it.... Damn it all...", she started to cry, shaking her head at this newfound realization. She was right. She truly was right. "Just leave me, Argus! I can't have you near me! ...Even if you do truly want to help me, you'll just end up dead like my mother! I'm meant to be alone!"
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

When Naomi started to go into a panic Argus slowly went over to her "Naomi..." he said in a calm tone. Then she started to cry " Naomi." he said a bit firmer.

"Just leave me, Argus! I can't have you near me! ...Even if you do truly want to help me, you'll just end up dead like my mother! I'm meant to be alone!"

"Naomi enough!" he didn't yell only raised his voice. "You need to calm down, we need to talk this out slowly. If you can't process and control your emotions you're never going be able to use your powers correctly, now just calm down." he spoke to her with the utmost care. "I'm not going to go away just because you tell me too, and you aren't meant to be alone. You just need to pick your friends better, take Kevin for example he is, and I say this with great confidence, one hundred percent human with no intent to kill you." Argus smiled.

"Oh God... Kevin! I I I can't live here anymore every time I'm with him I put him in danger. I need to get out of here!" Naomi sprung from her bed, grabbed a suitcase, and frantically started panicking.

"Naomi stop! You aren't going anywhere, this is your home!" he tore the suitcase from her and pulled her into a hug. "Stop this nonsense right now, and calm down." he placed his hand on the back of her head. At first Naomi struggled against him, but eventually she gave in wrapping her arms around him.

"I'm so fucking miserable Argus!" she sobbed. She started to sink to the floor Argus still holding her "I'm so sick of being in constant fear of being killed or getting some else killed. I'm so exhausted..." she sobbed.

"That's why we need to get you trained, so you can tell who is who, and if you can trust them. I would like nothing more then to help you, so you want to give it a go Naomi?" he tilted her head up and looked into her eyes.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] Naomi was still shaking when the two of them shrank to the floor. She hated crying... God she hated crying. It seemed to be all she could do when she was little. She'd tried to stop it as she got older... Tried to be brave by numbing herself to the pain and the fear. But now that her medications were gone and she was on her own, trying to combat all of this, she couldn't help it. She felt too much... Laying her head against Argus's shoulder, she held onto him. Not because she felt comfort... merely because she felt like she had to. She didn't have anything else to hang on to in this life. Argus was really the only one that knew her completely... but, even then, he wasn't consistent. He could pop in and out of her life at anytime...

When he felt his hand on her chin, she looked up to him. Her cheeks were still streaking with tears. "W-why won't you just take them? ... Just take them from me so I don't have to do this anymore." The question rose from her so casually. Her voice was so hopeless that it hardly even sounded like it was hers anymore. She let her head fall again, resting it in the crook of his neck as she whispered. "I'm so tired... ...I'll always be tired. ... I could sleep for days, but I'll always be tired..."
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"Oh my dear, I'm not taking your eyes, and your not giving up. I know your tired, but you know what cures that?"

"What?" she sniffled.

"Breakfast from Franks." Argus smiled.

"Yeah?" Naomi perked up a bit.

"I would imagine sleeping as long as you did has left you pretty hungry." he got himself and her up off the floor.

"Yeah actually now that you mention it I'm starving."

"Well get cleaned up, put on some comfy clothes, and we'll get going." he gave her one more hug. "I'll be in the living room." he took his cellphone out of his pocket and started to leave.

"Argus." she called after him.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."

"Of course." he smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argus took a deep breath in "Ahhhh! It's so nice to take deep breath and not hacking up a lung."

"What do you mean?"

"Naomi... I stopped smoking! Clean for about a week now!" he smiled.

"Oh congrats!"

"Well you helped. I'd like to be around to help you. Oh hey I think this alley is a short cut, come one." he started walking.

"I don't Argus, the last we went in an alleyway we both almost died." her voice quivered.

"Come on it's the middle of the day, they can't touch you out here."

Naomi sighed "Fine, but your buying my meal."

The two started to walk down the alley, but instantly something was a miss. A strange energy hung in the air, and the hair on the back of Naomi's neck stood up. "Argus somethings wrong, somethings here."

"I know. Come out and I promise to give you a quick death!" his voice echoed off the walls.

"Oh come on I heard you were more of a gentleman to the ladies." a feminine voice called. She appeared before them in an instant "So your the two who are getting such buzz in the underworld." she eyed them both.

sexy-succubus_o_2305903.jpg

"My my aren't you a cute one." she pointed.

"Thanks, but you're a but I like women that still have both of their eyes." Argus smirked.

"Not you asshole, the gorgeous girl behind you." her voice was husky. She appeared next to Naomi and wrapped her hands around her "Names Lillith beautiful, whats yours?" she whispered in Naomi's ear.

"Argus!" Naomi yelled.

"Well that isn't very feminine, but hey we live a great age.... Oh you mean this loser! Come on honey ditch the dick, and let me show you a good time." she nibbled at her ear.

"ARGUS!" Naomi screamed.

"Let go of her!" Argus hurled a fireball the demon, but right before it hit it fizzled out.

"Disappointing just like most men." she smiled. She held out her hand and chains shout out from behind her. They wrapped around his arms and legs and started to pull.

"AHHH!" Argus let out a scream.

"But you do scream like most men." she laughed.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] It was almost amazing how much Naomi's demeanour improved... just by mentioning food. The girl didn't really eat too much or that often, but she truly treasured good food... There was a reason of course, but the memories were too distant to dredge up. All she knew was that a warm plate of well-made food always put a smile on her face. Once they started to head out, that smile began to emerge and followed her out into the city. As she walked beside Argus, her footsteps were a bit lighter and her voice was even a bit more cheerful. She wasn't completely out of the hole she'd dug herself into, but she was definitely looking better.

And then she saw it.
Felt it, rather.
Red...

Naomi gasped. Before she could even call out to Argus to warn him, the voice came, followed by hands and fingers that grabbed her body... She knew she hated alleyways for a reason. She struggled in the demon's grasp, a little surprised by how forward she was... but, then again, she was a demon so it certainly made sense. In a frightening way. "I-I'm sorry, miss, but I'm not interested in women.... A-and I'm even less interested i-in demons", she replied, about as bravely as she could. But her will was tested when she saw the chains fly out, grabbing Argus and pulling his limbs tightly.

"No! Lillith! Please stop! Don't hurt him! Stop it" Naomi's voice raised suddenly. She thrashed harder than she ever had, trying to get out of Lillith's grasp. And, without even thinking, her mind aided her in her escape. Forcing herself forward towards Argus, a small shockwaved radiated out from her. Harshly... It knocked the woman backwards against the wall behind her.. and knocked Argus backwards against the wall behind him. Naomi hardly seemed to notice, running forward immediately and trying to pull the chains from him. "It's okay, Argus. I'm here. I can help", she said, a worried look in her eyes as she frantically tried to free him. Her hands were shaking...
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Last edited by a moderator:
"You bitch!" Lilith yelled. "Why are the good looking ones always so hard to get!" she quickly got up, and in an instant she was in front of Argus. A very ornate dagger appeared in her hand "You're coming with me one way or another!" she barked at Naomi. She raised the dagger and shoved it into Argus's rib cage. "AHHH!" he screamed. She pulled the blade out and licked the blood from it "Mmmmm nothing like warm blood straight from the heart." she smiled. "But alas I missed that time, maybe this time will actually kill him! Now get down on your hands and knees, call me master, and beg for his life!" Lilith had a sadistic look about her.

"Naomi... run!... Get out of here!" Argus called with short breaths.

"Shut up!" Lilith roared, and dug her finger into his stab wound.

"AHHHHHHHH!" Argus screamed.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] Naomi froze the moment that she saw the dagger raise. Before she could even beg, she saw the blade get buried in Argus's chest. Her eyes went wide as she realised what was happening. She was killing him. She was killing him and there was nothing she could do about it. Everyone around her would die... Just like she'd always known they would. Just like they always had. Breath catching in her throat, Naomi's hand reached out towards Argus as he screamed. She could hear it echoing in her head. The sound of screaming. The scent of blood in the air... All of it melded and muddled together, bringing her right back to that moment. That moment at the top of the stairs. She was little again and she stared down to find her mother there... screaming. Clawing at her face as blood seeped out of the sunken holes where her eyes had been. She screamed and she screamed until, finally, everything went quiet. Naomi hadn't been able to help her then either. She couldn't... She couldn't help anyone. All she could do was cry. Cry and cry, like the stupid... helpless... pathetic...

"No... No, I told Mommy I was sorry. I couldn't protect her... but I won't let it happen again! It won't happen again!"
Naomi's eyes had been creased shut before, tears beginning to streak down them, however when they snapped open, they were completely different in nature. Glowing brightly with a radiant golden light, similar to the bubbles she'd summoned in the past, her voice practically shook the alleyway. Another shockwave emitted from her, but it was far stronger than the last... It flung both demons backwards again, but didn't stop there. The unseen force slammed into the buildings that made up the alleyway, causing both of the walls to shake. The far more decrepit one, behind Naomi, buckled from the shockwave. It must have been abandoned from how ill kept it was, as it began to lean and crumpled to the ground with ease. Before any debris could fall on either of them, a bubble popped up, surrounding all three of them...

Naomi ran over to Argus, kneeling next to him. She held his body close, her glowing eyes looking him over frantically. She wasn't certain what to do... She couldn't take him to the doctor. But she knew nothing about healing, if it even was a supernatural thing... She looked at the dagger, cursing herself for waiting. Cursing herself for letting any of this happen. "I'm sorry, Argus.. I'm so sorry... I... I don't know what to do.... but please don't die."
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"The bottle in my coat pocket..... ngh... grab it for me..." his voice was straining.

Naomi scrambled to find the bottle, searching through every pocket until she found it. She popped the bottle open "How many do you need?"

"Four should do the trick...AH!" he winced.

She brought the pills to his mouth, and one by one he swallowed them. The bleeding stopped and Argus slowly got up "Th thank you Naomi, you saved my life." he was still a little woozy.

"Come on we gotta get you outta here. Naomi took his arm and slung it over her shoulder. She wanted to carry Argus like he had her.

"What about.... Lilith?" he asked.

Naomi looked around but could find their attacker anywhere. "I I think she's gone. Argus where do we go from here?" Naomi said still kind of panicked.

"Well I said I would get you breakfast and I meant it. Franks is right around the corner, come on." it was long before Argus was back to walking around on his own. "These pills really work fast." he smiled. "Oh almost forgot!" Argus held up his hand to alley and truned it counter clockwise. The building that had collapsed was now back up right, it was like the fight never happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank's Diner

The two entered the diner and instantly the smell of warm good food hit them. "Wow this place is really hopping." Argus smiled.

"It always is, the wait has to be over an hour." Naomi sighed.

"Oh no problem there." Argus smirked "Check this out." he turned to the hostess, and waved his hand in front of her. "Yes hi I'd like to have that table over, and you'd like to give it me." Argus pointed.

"Of course sir, right this way." she smiled.

The two were seated in a nice booth kind of away from the rest of the patrons. "Mmm reminds me of our first date." he chuckled.

"Dude what the fuck?" she pointed to the hostess.

"What?"

"What did you do to her?"

"Oh sorry allow me to explain. All demons have the power to influence the week minded, granted it doesn't work all the time, but hey you get what you can take. Don't worry she's fine." he pulled up a menu. "Well Miss hero what will you have? What's good here?"

"Argus you don't have to call me hero, you've saved me so many times I-"

"Nonsense! You saved my life Naomi, and for that I am grateful. Now order anything you like, and I will have the same."

"Letting me take the lead? Who are you and what have you done with Argus?" she laughed. "I'll have the waffles with a side of sunny side up eggs. They have the BEST waffles here." she smiled.

"Very well I shall have the same!"

It wasn't long before their food arrived.

waffless.jpg
eggs.jpg

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"] Naomi was shaken, to say the least. She still hadn't quite gotten over it when they entered the diner. Her fingers were trembling and she walked at a fairly quick pace, despite supporting Argus. Her mind was a bit of a mess. The only thing that calmed it was Argus and his strangely nonchalant demeanour... He'd almost died a few minutes ago and he didn't really seem to mind it at all. It was strange, to say the least. But there were far stranger things at work as well. Needless to say, Naomi was thankful when she saw her food arrive. She perked up immediately, just like she had when Argus first mentioned going out. She started eating her eggs immediately, and noticed just how perfectly done they were. Just like Mom's really... She chuckled a little to herself, but shook her head, bringing her thoughts back to reality. Eyes traveling up to Argus again, she cleared her throat a little.

"Hey... About what happened back there... Do you... do you think that she's really gone? I know that I didn't see anything, on the way here, but I mean... she sort of came out of nowhere in the first place. Are you sure she won't just pop in and try to... hurt you again?" Naomi looked at Argus concerned, looking at the place where the dagger had been. "Sorry it took me so long to act... H-honestly, I don't... I don't really know what happened to me when I finally did move. There was this rush of energy in me I never really felt before. I... I think I knocked down a building." Naomi looked a little shocked. It wasn't exactly something she'd been training for... "How do you think that's possible when I can hardly lift a sheet of paper or... make a shield that you can't poke through with your finger. Did I just dream that part up?"
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"Naomi assassin are going to becoming after you and I alike. One swift punch to the face and they could be gone forever, or they could keep coming back, there simply isn't a way of knowing if they will come back." he put a bite of waffle into his mouth. "Wow this is good." his eyes lit up a bit. "That's what I've been trying to teach you, you have to be to live with your gift and the price that comes with it... something I wasn't that good at." he laughed nervously.

"As for your powers." he picked up a spoon and started to play with it. "Your ESP is a secondary... how to put this... mutation, yes that the best way of putting it, now that you're becoming more in tune with "seeing" your secondary has stared to manifest."

"You mean like something out of the movies? It's a little hard to believe that-" Naomi started.

"Sweet heart your talking to a demon, nothing should be hard for you to believe anymore." he laughed. "But yes a lot like the movies your powers are linked to both your will, and you emotions. Though lately it seems like your emotions have been doing most of the driving. As for how strong they are well I would wager that depending on how endangered you feel is how the more powerful they can be. Or in this case how endangered your loved ones are." he used the words "Loved ones" specifically. "That's how you used those shock waves and brought that building down... thank you again for saving my life Naomi." he smiled. "Now bend this spoon." he held up the spoon he had been playing with.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]"Gee.. Thanks for the optimism, Red." Naomi couldn't help feeling as though Argus's first answer wasn't exactly helpful. It only made her feel even more on edge. Thankfully, there was a plate of waffles the size of her head in front of her so her focus was halved. Digging in quickly, she started to feel better instantly. Just like she always did. She poured her syrup on thickly and took a few more bites, before moving on to her eggs, mingling them in with her waffle bites so that everything was sweet and delicious. Before long, Naomi was in bliss. She smiled much easier and listened to him discuss her powers.

"Shhhh! Keep your voice down." Noticing that he was talking about all of this pretty casually, Naomi waved at him in an attempt to get him to be quieter. The place was filled with normal people and Naomi wasn't certain they should be hearing any of it. But, Argus was just as nonchalant as always and went right on talking, to her annoyance. She sighed, keeping her voice lower than his anyway. Hearing the term 'loved ones' suddenly, Naomi recalled that this most recent time was the only real time that her power had manifested so strongly. She let her eyes fall to her plate, fidgeting a little with her waffles. "Hey, I mean... You were gonna die. And you're really the only person in this world that knows about all this... weird stuff. .... That isn't out to kill me, at least. ... Or just pops in and out whenever he feels like it.", Naomi added the second part, recalling the angel that seemed to always be absent, yet always knew what was happening with her. It was probably another one of those 'always watching' situations and it made her feel a little disturbed. Shivering a little, she sighed. "I couldn't just let you die, you know. You're important. Plus...", Naomi chuckled, a little nervously, realising how stupid this sounded. "I guess you're really my best friend. You're the one I've had the longest.... e-even if I didn't know you were there.", she chuckled again, picking at her eggs, before finally putting a few in her mouth. She chewed the small bite before suddenly being confronted with a spoon.

Looking at it for a moment, she took it in her hand and squinted at it. This was new.... She'd never really tried to focus her power on something before. But, she decided to give it a shot. Naomi held the spoon up, gripping it tightly. She stared at it intently, closing her eyes so that she could 'see' it. Unfortunately, the thing didn't really have a soul, so her 'seeing' didn't really help at all. She opened her eyes again, squinting at it harder. She squinted and squinted, grimacing and whining for at least twenty minutes... Then, she had an epiphany. Eyes snapping open, she looked at the spoon. She then, took her other hand and bent the spoon backward with it. Placing it back in Argus's hand, she smiled. "There! Done. ... Next lesson please!"
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"You cheeky little thing!" Argus laughed. "I like your creativity Naomi. It's something that will definitely come in handy." he smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The afternoon went on and Argus led her to the same park they were as before, sitting on the same bench as before. "Alright let's see how well you'll do today. Remember what you learned last time: close your eyes, breath, and relax."

"Okay... and I see what you did there." she chuckled. Naomi closed her eyes and exhaled "Okay ready."

"Alright, first I want you to find me a.... hmmm.... what color were they again.... Oh yes, find me a bright green soul. Then I want you to use your ESP and bring it to you."

"Bring it to me? Argus I really don't want to lift anyone off of the ground here. I'm not even sure I could." Naomi started to get flustered.

"Naomi relax and trust me. Just find it and pull." his voice was calm.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]After breakfast, it was pretty remarkable how much Naomi's mood had changed. Just a few hours ago, she'd been bedridden, never wanting to leave the confines of her sheets. Now, she was outside and enjoying every moment of the sun on her face. She knew that she had work later that night, but part of her really didn't want to turn in. She was enjoying herself too much. Deciding to make the most of her day, though, she followed Argus over to the park and found herself seated in the same chair where she'd learned about her powers. Now seemed like it would be a little more difficult... but Argus didn't seem as thought he was asking for much. The assignment was pretty simple... All she had to do was do it!

Closing her eyes, Naomi watched as the souls began to light up all around her. There were so many of them... She hadn't done this in a while, so it took a little while to sift through. But, strangely enough, she couldn't really see what she was looking for. "Maybe that one? .. No... Too dark. Is... No... ... M-maybe? ....Hm", talking to herself quietly, she tried to look at the souls more closely... It was difficult work, but eventually she managed to see one! It took about thirty minutes or so, but there it was! A bright green! Really bright! ... And, really tiny. So tiny. Impossibly tiny, really. Naomi was confused, she wanted to open her eyes to see whatever this... person was, but she knew that if she did, her focus would break and she'd have to do it all over again. So, focusing with all of her might, she squinted her eyes together even harsher and waitied.

The soul wiggled. It wriggled slightly, twitching from some unseen force. Naomi focused even harder, her fingers clenching her knees as she hoped for better. She could do this... She could do this! She had to do this! She had to learn how to control her powers or, the next time Argus was in danger, she might not be able to help. ... For whatever reason, that thought did it... The small green soul popped up from where it had been and flew over to her with a remarkable speed. Naomi's eyes snapped open when she realised what it was. A small daffodil landd in her lap. She looked at it, shocked. "A flower? ... Fl-flowers have souls?!"
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"Well done Naomi!" Argus praised. "All be it small, but yes the do have souls. All living things have souls be it plants or animals." he took the flower, and planted it next to the bench. "Though plants always need to be connected to the Earth to keep their souls, or rather to stay alive. This isn't news to you though." he laughed a little. "Now this next lesson requires you to be very delicate with your touch, so I want you to be as relaxed has you can be. Here come sit." Argus tapped the open space between his legs.

"You mean on your lap? No offence Argus but I don't think that would be very relaxing." she raised an eyebrow.

"Naomi come on." he tapped the bench again.

Begrudgingly Naomi sat down. Argus put her in a light hug and spoke a in a very calm soft voice "Alright, now close your eyes and focus on my voice." Naomi closed her eyes. "Now what I want you to do is find a yellow soul, and very gently bring it to yourself. When you open your eyes stay very calm, and just look at what you have in your hand. Then, I want you to return it the the exact spot you find it. I know you can this Naomi."

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Naomi wasn't at all shy about miscellaneous contact with her body, but sitting in Argus's lap made her the tiniest bit... nervous. She wasn't certain why. Her heart beat quickened in the slightest, but she calmed herself down as she listened to his voice. He could be really calming when he needed to be. When he wasn't smirking and being snarky, of course. She closed her eyes as she'd been instructed, but found the rest of the instructions a little odd. "Okay... Put it in my hands, look at it... and put it back...", she slightly suspected that this thing might be a frog or a spider of something. And if that was true, she hoped Argus was prepared for the hardest punch to the groin he'd ever felt in his life... Regardless, she followed through. Finding the soul was actually pretty easy. She wasn't sure if it was because she was getting the hang of it or not, but as soon as she closed her eyes, the colours came in to view. All she had to do was look around in one direction and she saw one. ... Focusing again, she found it was a lot easier to be gentle than it had been to pull the flower from the ground. All she had to do was have a very slow focus. She took her time, letting the small yellow ball of light come to her. When it finally arrived in her hands, she opened her eyes... and stared at what she'd gotten, mouth agape. Small and fluffy, a tiny finch shook and chirped in her hands. Naomi was breathless. She made a small squeak of a noise, trying her best not to disturb the bird at all. It was surprisingly calm in her presence, simply staring up at her, then down at her hand and pecking softly at her palm at times. Naomi wanted to keep the adorable thing so badly, but she knew she couldn't. So, shutting her eyes, she started it back on the road home. When she sat it back down, she smiled a little "Great... I just found my first best friend and now I have to get a bird too!", Naomi chuckled, looking back over her shoulder at Argus. She turned a little in his lap, still smiling. "Thanks for that. I never thought I'd be able to lift things with my mind, but... heh, you're making it seem pretty easy." Leaning over, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and pulled him close.
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"Well I had to show you that not all things in this world are out to get you." he smiled and gave her a slight squeeze. "Right well I believe that's it for today. My friend can't stand in for you all day, so let's get you to work." he patted her on that back. The sun was starting to set and slowly the night life of the city crept into the streets.

"Yeah let's go." Naomi smiled at him. "Oh my God I just remembered tonight's theme night! Fuck yes!" Naomi tossed a fist in the air.

"Theme night?" Argus raised an eyebrow.

"You... you've never been to theme night? You call yourself a professional club goer, and you've never been to theme night at the Nine Tails? You sir are about to have your mind blown!" she gloated.

"Oh are you asking me to join you then?" he smirked.

"Do I even have to ask?" he smirked back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the Nine Tails was dressed up in neon blues, reds, and yellows. Everything looked super sleek and stylish. Poles were replaced with bright blue tubes, and the stage was now lined with yellow neon. A large crowed had already gathered inside the club, waiting for the event to kick off. On the stage was a large DJ set up, where a man dress with in a black suit appeared. One of his lapels was a dull red neon strip, which accented the rest of his suit. He took his spot behind the DJ booth and picked up a mic "Ladies and gentlemen thank you so much for joining us at this years theme night!" he called.

"OOOOOOOO!" the crowd clapped and cheered.

"My name is Mardoc and I'll be your DJ tonight. Now with out any further ado let's get this party started!" he popped on a pair of headphones and brought up the music.

"Everyone put your hands together for the nine beautiful ladies that will be with us tonight!" Mardoc called out. The dancers came out of both sides of the stage and onto the floor, with Desire at the front. Each was dressed to fit the theme.
930baeb64b7a462cbe54a84addb2c83d.jpg

"OOOOOO!" the crowd went while.

pulled up at a stoplight . . .
did drugs on the dashboard. . .

. . . look at the mess we've made tonight

[FIELDBOX="☠, #ED48AC, solid"]It hadn't taken very long for Desire to slip into the outfit she'd decided for the night. It wasn't as if the theme they'd decided on was a very rare one, after all. She had plenty of costumes to choose from for 'Cy-Fi' night. The one she wore today was particularly one of her favourites. [Picture's there for reference, I'll describe colours and so on] The corset was a tight little number that squeezed her body's curves and showed every inch of it in shiny detail. The latex itself was black, while the piping that lined her silhouette was a bright, hot pink. Hugging her breasts closely, her already massive chest looked even more voluminous than it was, thanks to the shaping of the bustier. In a similar fashion, her ass was hugged and shaped by her skirt, defined even moreso by the garters that connected to her dark stockings. To top things off, she'd even fashioned a small accessory for her hair. It looked much like a small crown atop her head, drawing as much attention to her as possible...

And attention she got. By the time Desire had gotten her first show down and mingled with the crowd, she found herself booked up for much of the night. Luckily, her manager was being kind enough to give the girls fairly long breaks tonight. After all, as eye-catching as the latex was to wear, it certainly wasn't comfortable. Each girl needed to get out of it at least once or twice so that they could breathe properly for a while. Spending some of her break at the bar, Desire decided that she'd might as well enjoy herself, since she'd more than likely be spending the next few hours being run through by the frat party that had booked her. Not the most pleasant bunch, but they paid well and that was all that really mattered to her. She sat up at the bar, letting her fingers adjust the small crown in her hair and drinking from a fairly long, Long Island.
[/FIELDBOX]

Status
Not open for further replies.