Sharp Teeth and a Helping Hand

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

pulled up at a stoplight . . .
did drugs on the dashboard. . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

. . . look at the mess we've made tonight

[FIELDBOX="☠, #E1C595, solid"]Aritian scoffed a little at the demon's rudeness... After all, he was going out of his way to help him. But, rather than argue, he simply took the 'gifts' he'd been given and started to walk away. "I'll be back to check on her in a few days. ... Good luck." He said, finally, before fluttering off. He disappeared from the room without another word and without leaving a trace.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

Time passed painfully slowly, but before long yet another day dawned.
The woman that rose from Naomi's sheets was... different, to say the least. Body surprisingly clean, free of the blood that had coated it before, she got up from the bed. The door in front of her opened without a single touch from her. It swung open slowly and she advanced through it with a slow yet methodical gait. Her attention turned to one side, looking down the hall to where she could see a familiar face. Eyes practically crackling with energy, Naomi's blue eyes had been replaced once more. Instead, they shone a bright gold... yet there was nothing comforting in her gaze. They were dead. Dead as they always were when her 'other side' was in control.

Lips curling in to the coldest smile, Desire couldn't help but admire Argus for being able to sleep through the night. He'd done such a terrible thing yesterday. Such a terrible, terrible thing. She could remember most of it. Especially the dying part. That had been the absolute worst. Everything afterward was fairly amazing though. Exhilarating, really. Just the rush she needed... Walking over to the sleepy demon, Desire ran her fingers across the couch until it was nested in his messy, red hair. She smiled as she sat down next to him, leaning herself against his shoulder. Despite how little she wore--having stripped down to her underwear to sleep that night--she wasn't shy at all. After all, she had no reason to be. Letting her lips graze the side of his face, she nuzzled his cheek briefly before speaking into his ear. "Wake up, dearest... Someone wants to thank you..."
[/FIELDBOX]

Argus's eyes shot open they were blood shot and sleepy. He had only fallen asleep about an hour ago, and his body ached all over. "Naomi?" he said wearily.

Desire giggled "Try again silly."

Argus looked up to see the golden eyed woman resting on top of him, half naked. "Desire?" he said rubbing his eyes, voice heavy with exhaustion.

"Bingo." she winked. "I wanted to thank you for saving my life, and I'm pretty sure I know just how to do it." she sat up and started to take off her bra.

"No stop don't." Argus looked away, instantly killing the mood. "Get off me." he nudged.

Desire scowled at the fact that he was rejecting her "What's your deal? I'm trying to thank you!" he huffed.

"I said get off!" he quick sat up pulling himself out from underneath her. "Now what the fuck are you doing here, where's Naomi? Put some fucking pants on, god your not a child." he growled.

[FIELDBOX="☠, #E1C595, solid"]Desire had been in the midst of fiddling with her bra when the demon suddenly broke away. She was shoved backwards, nearly falling off of the couch. She managed to save herself from the embarrassment, though. Catching herself, she stood up in front of him. She looked at him, almost perplexed by his reaction. She never got rejected. This wouldn't do at all. "Maybe you don't understand how this goes. You sit here and be quiet, while I suck you off for the next few minutes. Got it?"

Argus, whom had managed to get to the other side of the couch, simply glared at her. His bloodshot eyes were hardly improved by his scowl. "No, maybe you're the one that's not getting it. I asked you a question. Where. Is. Naomi!"

Desire frowned even more. She didn't like this feeling at all.
Suddenly, the room started to feel a bit warmer... Behind her, the edges of her window curtains began to smolder. Almost as if they were beginning to catch fire.
"Naomi's not here right now, sweetie. I'm afraid you'll have to leave a message..."
Her cold smile returned again as she sat down beside him once more. "Why don't you just forget about her anyway? I'm everything that she ever wanted to be... I'm that little girl's dream..." She chuckled, running her fingers through his hair again. "I am Naomi..."
[/FIELDBOX]

Her comment sparked something in Argus, a white hot rage. "You're not Naomi! You'll never BE Naomi! You're just some cheap back alley slut that doesn't have the courage to protect you're other half, the better half!" Argus yelled. "Where were you when Naomi was taken, or when she was beaten to death? HUH!" the demon stepped closer to Desire. "You sure as FUCK weren't around when she needed you the most and she suffered for your mistakes! No Desire you aren't Naomi, and you're certainly not the person I hopped you would be. I loath you." an intensity burned in his eyes like of which she had never seen.

[FIELDBOX="☠, #E1C595, solid"]Desire's eyes widened at just how upset he was. This fool really didn't understand what he was toying with... His words provoked a similar emotion in her. The hairs on her neck raised in the slightest as she focused her dead eyes on him. She smirked. "Oh? Cheap, am I? ... You didn't seem to mind at all when you fucked me from behind. You loved every second of it. You loved every moment that this 'cheap back alley slut' gave you... But, what's that? You fancy Naomi more? ... Is it because she makes you feel like you're a good person? That this big bad ol' demon you've become actually has a heart inside. 'Ohhh.... I still kill people every few days, but Naomi likes me and she's like the fucking sun in the sky. Long as I have her, I'll be a-okay'" She laughed, right to his face. "You're pathetic, Argus... Pathetic. ... I never asked to be that girl's protector. She made me because she was too much of a damn coward to care for herself. But you know who did volunteer to protect her?" She looked pretty amused. "You did, sweetie... And guess what you didn't do..."

Looking down at her body, Desire pointed out the bruises left on her. Many were faded, having healed with time, but they were still there. Massive and discoloured, they covered her neck, her chest, and her waist, indicating just how hard she'd been beaten. However, the most notable patch of discoloured skin was the burn mark over her eyes. Where Arcanum had laid his hands over her eyes. It was light. But not completely gone.... Desire pointed them all out. "You're the one that didn't protect us! Where were you when we were taken!? When we were beaten until we died?! ... Why didn't you save us, Argus?! It's all your fault! None of it was mine!"
[/FIELDBOX]

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP DAMN YOU!" he tossed up his hand and stopped her from talking. She was frozen in time and Argus was just at a loss "You're right... I go on and on about protecting her, but I haven't been able to do so sense day one." he struggled to keep it to gather, but he was so tired. He released her from the time break, and sat back down defeated. "Desire I'm sorry I couldn't save you two... I'm sorry that you died. I failed completely and utterly... you're right and I'm so sorry." he pulled a pack of smokes out of his coat staring at it intently. "I have no fucking idea what to do now, I need her back Desire. You're right she is my sun in the sky... as cheese as that sounds." he sighed. "For the record I did really like that night we had together." he gave a ghost of a smile.

[FIELDBOX="☠, #E1C595, solid"]Desire wasn't appreciative of being frozen. But she could tell that the demon hadn't meant it in harm. He was reeling with those stupid emotions of his. It was almost funny to watch him grapple with his guilt. Here he was trying to push all of the fault onto her so that he wouldn't have to face it himself. Pathetic. Just as she'd said. Rolling her eyes, when he finally released her. She crossed her arms as she sat next to him. Her smile slipped away, as she watched him with a fairly neutral expression. She was unimpressed. "Apologies aren't going to change anything that occurred. And you made it up to me by bringing me back. So you can sit here and sulk all you like, but I'm not going to coddle you." Reaching over, she plucked the pack of cigarettes from his hand. "But I won't let you go back on the promises you made to her. You already broke one, but that doesn't mean it's lost. You're going to keep protecting me..." Her smile returned when she heard his last words. "And maybe there's more nights like that in store for you. But only if you're a good boy." She reached over and patted his head lightly.

Settling back in her seat, she decided to address the 'uglier' bit of business at hand. "As for Naomi, I'm afraid she won't be coming back. I share this body with her too and now that I'm able, I think it's about time that I got some more use out of it... I have my own goals anyway..." She chuckled, looking at the pack of cigarettes in her hand. Focusing her gaze on it, she smiled as it suddenly burst in flames. It burned away quickly, until only ashes remained in her palm. "You've given me a lot of power, sweetie. I'm not going to let it go to waste on a weakling."
[/FIELDBOX]

Argus's eyes widened when she was the cigarettes burst into flames. "You shouldn't be able to do that...." his jaw dropped.

"A gift from your blood I suppose." the fire dodged in and out of her fingers before it went out. "Admittedly I'm not sure how this works... the whole demon thing, but right now I can tell you two things. One: I'm so fucking hungry right now, and I don't mean for regular food it like this strange hunger. How do I put a stop to it, because its super distracting." she sighed. "Two: What are my weaknesses? If I go outside in the sun am I going to burst into flames?"

Argus was still trying to wrap his head around the entire situation. "Sorry like... give me just a second..." he took a deep breath and exhaled. "Okay so... your thirsty for a life source like a soul, or blood, or well whatever comes straight from the human body. In order to get rid of your thirst you need to well eat. I take blood pills because I don't want to kill when I don't have to, but if you need to just make sure you feed on someone who won't be missed. When I kill is focus on bad people that who I personally kill. When it comes to weakness you are susceptible to everything you were as a human, the only difference is you can regenerate now but to a point. I mean if you get cut to pieces you will not come back, or if you are burnt to a crisp. Stuff like gun fire, stabbings, ect. you can come back from." he explained.

"Be warned though the angels have taken notice of what happened to you. So if you cause to much trouble they WILL come after you, and there won't be anything I can do back it." he warned.

[FIELDBOX="☠, #E1C595, solid"]Desire was... amused, to say the least. She smiled at the answers she was given, surprised that Argus was so forthcoming with them. Especially wit how he'd reacted to finding out... but she supposed that it was better that she know than not. She couldn't help wondering what poor little Naomi would think of this, though. She'd never wanted any of this from the start, and now here she was, locked away in a demon's body, without a single say in the matter. She chuckled at the thought, but didn't say a word of it to Argus, knowing that he was still pretty sore about losing his 'girlfriend' and all. She noticed that he even seemed tired. Arching a brow at him, she smiled. "Are you hungry too, dearest? Maybe I can go pick up some 'take-out' hm? ... Would that make you feel better?", her eyes were devilishly cold as she smiled. Walking her fingers up the side of his neck, she gently stroked his hair. "Don't worry. Mommy will take care of you...."

She started to get up from the couch, deciding to take Argus's advice.... but, then, a thought came to mind. A terrible one. She couldn't help smiling. "So... you seem to talk like you can only feed on humans? ... What about other demons?" She chuckled. "I mean, you see how powerful I am just by drinking a little bit of your blood. ... What about if I decide to chase down others? I could feed on them and I doubt those angels would care at all... I'll bring back a human for you, though, of course" With that, she turned to go back to her room, where she started changing into some more comfortable outerwear. Her bed was still a mess, covered in Arcanum's blood, and some of her own. But she ignored it. She didn't have time for petty things anymore. This world was going to be hers. No one knew it yet, but they would soon enough.
[/FIELDBOX]

"Desire don't. I don't want a human to f feed off of." he cringed. "I refuse to feed off of them, at that point I'm no better then the common shadow." he followed her into the bedroom. "Don't you fucking dare Desire!" he tried to think of a reason for her not to feed off of other demons , but couldn't. "Who knows what mutations happen to your body. You can't look sexy if you have an arm growing out of your back. Please Desire I beg of you feed on humans if you have to, or just take a few of my pills." he felt so pathetic begging. He grabbed her arm and she spun around slapping him across the face.

"Don't you fucking touch me with out my say so. A knight does not touch his queen with out her permission, understand?" she smiled.

Argus wanted to hit her back, he wanted to burn her just to shut her up... but her couldn't. "Naomi I know you're still in there, you have to fight back against Desire please." he tried to reach her.

[FIELDBOX="☠, #E1C595, solid"]Laughing off his concerns, she couldn't help but admire his sudden stance against harming demons. "Why so high and mighty, Argus? You've had Naomi slaying them left and right. Maybe it's time that I got the chance, hm? ... And don't you worry about me. I'll only slay the ones that look useful. And maybe I'll even find one that can change their shape! Ooh, wouldn't that be exciting? Don't you think that would be fun?" She chuckled. Her smile only went away when the demon dared to touch her. Hearing him plead for Naomi caused her to roll her eyes. She turned to go back to what she was doing... but a sudden pain in her head caught her off guard.

"Argus? ... What's happening? Where have you been? ... I- I'm scared, please he-el..."
Staring at him with familiar blue eyes, the woman in front of Argus looked shell-schocked. She looked around her surroundings, but soon found herself overwhelmed. She screamed.
Just as quickly as Naomi had appeared, Desire dragged her away. Clutching her head for a moment, she inhaled deeply. Exhaling shallowly, she looked to Argus with another smirk. Her eyes crackled with the same yellow energy it had before. "You taught her pretty well, sweetie. But I'm in charge now. And I intend to stay that way" Raising her hand, she shoved the demon backwards until hit the wall behind him, blasted out of her room. She finished getting dressed, pulling on a soft overcoat so that she was shielded against the cold outside.

[/FIELDBOX]

Argus rushed back to the door and started pounding on it "Naomi! Naomi's I'm here! Fight her Naomi! God dammit Desire give her back, I swear to God Desire I will tare you part myself if you don anything to hurt her!" he thrashed against the door trying to open it. "Open the door!" and just as he said it the door opened. "Desire!" he looked around the room, but all he found was an empty room and an open window. "Fuck..." he ran out of the room grabbed his coat and ran out into the cold.

[FIELDBOX="☠, #E1C595, solid"]Once she was on the streets again, it didn't take very long for Desire to find exactly what she'd wanted. If anything, they always found her... But, with her newfound powers, she hardly had any reason to fear them. Not that she feared them at all in the first place. She let the lesser shadows follow her, luring them along as enticingly as she could until the larger shadows started to come. She tried feeding on the smaller ones first, but found that their bodies were barely worth the effort. Their blood was acrid and their souls were minute at best. Hardly worth the trouble... So, instead, she focused on the larger ones. There were a few that caught her eye. Large, catlike demons. Snake-like shadows the size of her entire body. And the traditional boogeyman-looking ones. None of them were particularly delicious... but she felt their influence course through her in ways that made her heart pound. Before long, she could hardly contain herself. She began making games of her kills... How much could she let a shadow consume of her body before she ripped it apart from the inside? How long did it take for a lesser demon to suffocate inside one of her orbs? .... But, she didn't get an answer to her last question, until she finally came across a demon that she was interested in.

Tall, but lanky the demon was obviously out of place. She'd been following the human for a little while now, but... after seeing what this supposedly 'human'woman was capable of, she decided this meal wasn't worth it. Unfortunately, the demon hadn't noticed that Desire was leading her into a trap. After rounding some corners through the back alleys of Nocturne, she'd lead the demon into a dead end. Desire turned to eye the demon subtly. "You're a little bit 'freaky'' for my tastes... But I'm getting too tired of the junk food to care at this point. You'll do just fine..." Despite the waves of pink hair that obscured its face, the demon was obviously shocked by the turn of events. It stared to back away... only to find that she was blocked in from escape. Large, shimmering walls of gold blocked it in from all sides. Giving a distressed cry, the demon looked at the woman with wide eyes. "What are you? What-... What are you!?" It cried.
Desire simply laughed in reply... Eyes turning black, shadows began to pour down her cheeks, like tears. Darkness crept across her skin, down her shoulders and over her arms. They crept down her fingers, finally forming long claws at the tips. Her claws extended, growing sharper each moment as her laughter echoed off the walls. Eventually, the darkness consumed her body, her skin as pitch black as her eyes. When she spoke, her voice echoed as if it weren't just her own.
"I'm ... every ... single one of you..."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

It was a few hours into the night when the door to Naomi's apartment finally opened again. It swung open quietly, of its own volition.
The person on the other side of it seemed... refreshed. Smiling widely, Desire walked into the room, looking a great deal more lively than she ever had before. Looking around for Argus, she called out.
"Honey, I'm home... And I've brought dinner!"
Chuckling to herself, Desire grabbed the figure behind her by the throat. It was a woman.... Hardly. She had to be around Desire's age. Perhaps a little younger. From how she was dressed, it was clear that Desire must have plucked her directly from the club itself... Bound and gagged, the girl struggled against Desire's grip. But the woman's fingers were iron tight. The door to the apartment slammed shut as she walked further into the room. Tossing the girl effortlessly onto the couch, she narrowed her gaze at her, telling her to stay put. "Argus..? .... Oh Argus, sweetie?"

[/FIELDBOX]

The demon was no where to be found, her calls merely echoed in an empty apartment. "ARGUS!" she shouted angrily. The demon appeared in the living room a few feet away from Desire.

"What?" he asked with a pointed tongue. His gaze fell onto the girl on the couch "What did you do!." he walked over to the couch and looked at the girl. "Wait is she from the club? Dammit Desire I told you no one that would be missed! She has friends, family, work! Are you really this dumb to think that her missing would go unnoticed?" he hissed.

"Oh my dear demon, I bring you a fresh meal and this is how you thank me? I thought you loved me Argus?" she circled around him laughing. "Come on Red if I learned anything it that embracing your dark side is the best. In just a few short hours I killed a few dozen demons, and let me tell you they tasted amazing. Oh and check out what I can do!" one of her arms went black, and her claws extended. "Took a little bit of practice, but I think I have it down pretty well." she gave a dead smile. "So hey are you going to eat or not?" she looked to the girl with hungry eyes. "Because I'm still hungry."

"Enough! Return this woman immediately, I won't let you kill an innocent you monster!" Argus yelled.

"So is that a no?" she playfully cocked her head and raised her hand to the woman.

[FIELDBOX="☠, #E1C595, solid"]Desire propped her head up slightly on the couch, amused by how angry Argus was. "Oh, you're so cute when you're angry... Always so yell-y! You should really relax sometime, you know?"
Her gaze then turned to the girl again, whom made eye contact with her frightfully. Desire was done with waiting. Standing behind where Argus sat on the couch, she leaned down to whisper in his ear. "This one's your fault too..."
Desire extended her hand out and jerked it backwards. In an instant, the woman's chest burst open, covering Argus with her blood and the fragments of bone that sprayed forward. Floating in front of his face, the woman's heart lackadaisically floated in the air, before landing in Desire's palm. It beat frantically in her grasp, slowly gradually as the supply of blood coursing through it began to dwindle. Desire had never thought she'd find something this gory so... appealing. But, god her stomach was killing her. She was dying for it. She sank her teeth into the pumping mass, spattering blood even further across the apartment. As she devoured the heart, the darkness that Argus had seen before began to return. It made its way down her arms and up to her hands, which transformed into claws once again. They sank into the flesh of the heart in her grasp. Slowly but surely, it began to consume her completely. Long tendrils of shadow sprouted from her back, whipping about in a vicious delight. Her teeth extended to look much like razors. Her eyes blackened and her skin disappeared beneath the layer of shadows as her body started to look more and more like the monsters she'd eaten before. Desire didn't seem to notice at all...

[/FIELDBOX]

Argus was beside himself, covered in the blood of someone who didn't deserve to die. He shook with a mixture of rage, fear, and sorrow. Slowly he looked himself over bits of bone were embedded in his skin, and the taste of blood stained his mouth. "Wh... wh...why?" he was near speechless. Memories of his own rushed through his mind "What have you done...." he whispered. He looked up to see the creature that stood before him, and rushed her. "Ahhhhh!" he knocked her to the ground, taking her by surprise. He ran his fist into face, his eyes crazed with rage "Why!" he hit her again. Desire was all but caught off guard, to raise his hand to her... unspeakable. "Don't you realize whats happening you idiot. You've lost control, all the lives you taken are corrupting you." he said through gritted teeth. He through another punch landing it in her gut.

"BAHH!" Desire grunted as she felt the full force of his fist. She wrapped her arms around her stomach "Asshole..." she chocked out between gasps for air.

[FIELDBOX="☠, #E1C595, solid"]Desire devoured the heart quickly. When her eyes opened to see it was gone, she breathed deeply, only feeling the need for more. She wasn't hungry anymore, but she still wanted more... The sudden hit to her gut was exactly what she needed to finally wake up from her pitless hunger. She grasped her stomach, wriggling away from Argus as quickly as she could. The pain hurt. He'd hit her with every bit of his strength and she felt all of it. Coughing a little, she noticed that she felt something pointy against her stomach. Looking down, she noticed that her claws were out... But, she hadn't asked for them. She looked at them, confused, before noticing the rest of her body. The long tendrils that had sprouted from her back. The small spikes begining to rise on her shoulders. The horns that had begun developing on her head. Standing up, she rushed to see the reflection of herself in her mirror.... But the sight of it shook her to her core. She shook her head vehemently. "No... Nonono. No!" She screamed. Looking at her hands, she tried to will them back to normal... but they only became more monstrous. She screamed in frustration... and fear, trying to get it all to stop.

[/FIELDBOX]

"You see you can't control it, you've fed to much and now you're paying for it." Argus said coldly from behind her.

Desire scowled and swung at him, but her moves were sloppy and easily dodged. Her frustration only grew with each passing swipe, sending her further down the rabbit hole. "H Help me..." Desire struggled to say.

"I can't you're to far gone, the only chance you have is it you let go and pray that the Naomi can undo what you have become." he stood over her now.

"DON'T ACT SO HIGH AND MIGHTY! YOU'RE THE REASON WHY WE ARE LIKE THIS!" she coughed up a bit of blood. She raised her hand and pinned Argus to the wall.

"Heh it's funny, looking at you now I don't feel like the most pitiful one in the room. Just admit it Desire you've lost control, go a head say it." he flashed a toothy smile.

"No I haven't!" just as she gave protest she could feel a sharp pain explode from her back, wings now hung over her head.

"Tell me Desire once you're mind is shattered will you go join Arcanum? I mean after all the weak seek the protection of the strong, and who's more strong the your mothers killer?" he was taking a gamble but he hopped it would work.

• Love
Reactions: Kitschington

if I ever feel better . . .
remind me to spend some good time with you
you can give me your number
when it's all over i'll let you know . . .

[FIELDBOX="❀, #3CCDE0, solid"]
Desire's teeth grit in pain as she felt her body changing more, all without her consent. She clenched her hand tighter, struggling to keep Argus pinned. Black flames began to rise from her hand, her arm becoming consumed by Arcanum's fire. She looked at it in shock, breathing panicked as she tried to make it stop. It didn't hurt at all, but she didn't know what would become of her if she let it consume her as well. She screamed at Argus again, begging him to help her, but no sound came from her throat. More blood bubbled up as she knelt to the floor and coughed up more blood. Black and red blood stained the floor as she spat and sputtered... It felt like she'd been drowning... But it was the only thing helping her...

Slowly but surely, the shadows that covered her skin began to flood away. She clenched her fingers against the floor, panting, as another force began to take her over. It was warm... and almost comforting. The wings, claws, horns, and other appendages that had sprouted from her began to recede back into her body. Once the shadows had fled, she finally opened her eyes... Looking shaky, the woman in front of Argus looked tired, to say the least. Her blue eyes were a little bloodshot, but she looked so grateful to see him. She started to get to her feet, but her legs were jello at best... A small strain of black blood dripped from her nose. "h-hey... red...."
She whispered quietly... Her arms were heavy, but she raised them slightly. "i missed you..."

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Last edited by a moderator:
"Naomi?" had he done had he got through? "Naomi!" he ran to her and hugged her as hard as he could "You're back, oh thank God your back. I missed you to." he could feel her lean into him, and he let her. "I have you... I'm so sorry Naomi. I shouldn't have-"

"Shhhh quiet now. It's okay, we can talk in a second. I have to write the wrong she committed." she let go of Argus and wondered over to the body splayed on the couch. "S such a m mess." her body was so heavy, but her heart spurned her on. "I'm so sorry." Naomi wanted to cry but she couldn't, she needed to fix this. She raised her hand and turned it counter clockwise. There was a flash of light, and the young woman was gone. Naomi fell to the floor, nose and eyes bleeding "There... I fixed it..." she breathed heavily.

"Naomi what did you do?" Argus came over and cradled her.

"Turned back... time... her death never... happened... ah..." she winced.

Status
Not open for further replies.