Sharp Teeth and a Helping Hand

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"No no he took my eyes because he's an asshole... but that is neither here nor there. Yes demons have a city, where did you think we lived? Here in the human world? That would be very problematic, as some demons are the size of buildings." he started to stroke her hair. "Though we are 'evil' that doesn't mean we are living beings like humans. We work, we have families, friends, possessions, ect. Human day to day life isn't that far off from demon day to day life, we just work differently." he smiled. "Take Lilith for example, she has a nice little house in the suburbs with her three beasts. She get's up, gets ready for work, works, comes home, and goes to bed. Pretty normal right?"

if I ever feel better . . .
remind me to spend some good time with you
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
you can give me your number
when it's all over i'll let you know . . .

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]"It... it all sounds normal, until you think about what that 'work' is exactly..." Naomi's voice lowered a little, realising that what she said might have been offensive. But, as she thought about it, she couldn't help but wonder about what Argus had told her earlier. Maybe it was time that she found out more... "So.... what is it that you do now? Why do you have to kill people, when you clearly don't want to? Arcanum's not your boss... No one is, really." She sighed... "And... And why did you put all of your faith in me? That I'd be the one to get you out of it? ... When you first saw me, I had to be a little girl, right? Why did you think that I'd help you? What... what would've happened had I said 'no'?" Her last question hurt the most to ask. "... Would you have killed me for my eyes too?"
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

These questions weren't the easiest to answer, the last one especially. "Wow you like to cut to the bone don't you?" he sighed. "Well I can't hide anything from you so here it goes." he sat up a bit more. "I kill people because that's the price tag that came with this body. In order too keep the overwhelming blood lust in check I have to kill in small bursts. Like tomorrow I plan to kill at least five or so people. If I didn't kill the way I do, then I'd go crazy and loose myself to the madness turning me into a serious threat."

"I don't understand? You already kill people, how much more madness could you loose yourself in?"

"You remember the horrific mass murder that the media called "Gore House", the club where at least fifty people were killed?" Argus asked.

"Yeah it was awful, they covered it for weeks. Said they never caught the killer." Naomi frowned.

"That's because it was yours truly, and no human can catch me." a slight pride was in his voice. "And that's what happens when I don't kill the way I do. Something takes over, and just goes on a rampage. That's why I kill, so I don't kill more." he said it like it made sense.

"As for question number two, I put so much stock in you because you scared Arc that night when you were little. You did something that night that stopped him from killing you and taking your eyes. To this day whatever scared him back then is still scaring him now, but I fear it won't last much longer." he frowned.

"And three..." the third question was the hardest to answer. "Would I have killed you had you said no?... I'm not sure I want to answer Naomi, but here goes. I probably would have beat you to within an inch or your like, however I'm not sure I would have been able to finish you not matter how angry I was. Even then Naomi you would have still meant something to me, and I don't kill the things I love." he gave an awkward smile.

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]
Needless to say, Naomi now understood why Argus's answers had been so difficult to give. The woman listened quietly to him, for the most part... but her expression seemed to speak for er. Surprisingly... despite all he'd said, there wasn't te slightest bit of fear in her gaze. She didn't seem afraid of him at all. In fact, as he spoke, one of her hands reached over and covered his... Her fingers were trembling slightly... but the only things that could be detected in her eyes were sadness... and pity.

"One of the last things that I remember my mother telling me was that I was braver than these things that haunted me. I know she didn't understand that they were real, but... she knew that they were real to me. She knew that I was scared of them and, for that reason, she never told me that I was crazy. She never shamed me. She just kept telling me that I was stronger than them... because they were cowards. Broken little cowardly things that stuck to the shadows because the light inside of me was too bright... They were scared... and hurt... and pitiful... And they only wanted power over me, because they had no power over themselves." Naomi's voice was quiet. Her fingers gently squeezed Argus's.
"I-I know that you don't want to kill people, Argus. I... I doubt it was what you wanted do when you were sitting at your desk, drawing buildings... I know that you feel like you have to hurt people, to hold yourself at bay... But, you're stronger than that. You can't be ruled by that anymore... I-... I can't..." Naomi stopped herself before she said more. She knew what she wanted to say. She wanted to admit her feelings for him to.... But her bravery could only extend so far. And... she didn't want to admit that she had feelings for someone capable of doing such things. Not when he was like this...

Hearing him admit that he had feelings for her made it all the more difficult. Naomi squeezed his hand. Looking back to him with a similarly timid smile, she sighed. "I... I don't think you sould be killing anyone. ... And I'll find a way to help you stop, I promise."

[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"How can you take the blood lust out a demon?" Argus thought to himself. "Thank you Naomi, for all of your help." he smiled. "Speaking of demons." he paused. "Naomi I want to ask you somethings, things you might not find pleasant, things about Desire." he looked at her.

"Oh... okay." Naomi's tone quickly changed. "Well you told me your dark secrets so it's only fair that I do the same." she sighed.

"Okay just a few. First, when you first switch over to Desire are you aware of what she's doing? Like can you see and feel what's she's doing when she's working? Second, are you guys friends?" Argus already knew the answer to the second question, but he wanted Naomi's take. "Who's the dominate one when it comes to controlling your body? I mean I know I see you most of the time, but what about when I'm away?" the demon thought long and hard about asking the next question, but he couldn't help himself. "That night when Vigil first attacked... did you know we were having sex?" he went red a bit.

• Love
Reactions: Kitschington

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Naomi's smile began to reappear somewhat when she heard Argus's reply. She wasn't certain of how she would accomplish what she'd resolved to do... but hearing him agree was all she needed to keep her motivated. She knew that Argus wasn't truly a bad person. He was just a good guy caught up in a messed up situation... much like herself.

His questions, however, made her blood run a little cold. Yet, she knew that he'd asked for honesty from him. Complete transparency was all that he owed him in return... It was strange, though. She'd never really had anyone ask her about Desire before. Not outside of the clinic, at least... And, even then, it had been so late in her treatment that they hardly expected any concrete answers from her. Naomi shook off the small chill she felt climbing up her spine. After a long bit of silence, she turned her gaze to Argus with a shaky smile. "W-well... Desire is still part of me. She... she is me. Sort of." Naomi gave a frustrated sigh... she wasn't sure how to put this in words, but she was going to try her best.

"You... You see, after my mother died and I was locked away in this place, where no one listened, I was still plagued with all of these things coming after me. I could see them at night, hear them calling for my blood every time that I shut my eyes. The only thing I could do to keep myself strong was just... imagine that I was someone else. Someone stronger. Someone brave... and confident. Someone that had all the power in the world and wasn't afraid of anything", Naomi chuckled nervously, realising just how stupid her words sounded aloud... Yet it didn't make them any less true. "That's how Desire came to be.... She was me... but a more confident one. One that wasn't afraid of a thing. Whenever I... 'slipped' into her, I knew that I was safe, because she could talk her way out of anything. Or just beat her way out of it. I-I don't really know how it works... but... she's always been perfect. Perfect at anything she tried. And... she protects me." Naomi sighed, letting her gaze fall to the floor as she thought. However, Argus's another questions still waited... one of which brought a small blush to her face.

"A-ah... As for how things work, usually I-I don't really remember what Desire does. Whenever she 'takes over', she's in charge... I can vaguely remember some of things that she does. If I really want to remember,it'll come in flashes... But, most of the time, I don't want to remember... So I just let them go away." The last of Argus's questions left a wide-eyed expression on Naomi's face. She stared at Argus, fairly dumbfounded. "W-we... we did what? ... Why... why would? ... H-how?" Stammering incoherently, Naomi shrank away a little. She tried to laugh it off to the best of her ability. "Th-that's weird isn't it? Hm. Fancy.. that?! H-hah!... Boy... I'm... I'm really getting tired now, aren't you? Huh? I-I should probably get to bed!"
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

"Naomi wait, I'm sorry I shouldn't have brought that up. Truly I didn't mean to upset you, it was Desire and I not you and I. If you want to know anything about what happened just ask... Wait shit I'm not helping ugh." Argus couldn't believe himself for asking that, of course she didn't remember. "Okay look just forget I said anything... As a gentleman who just made an awful mistake, I would like to politely ask if I may still come to bed with you. I don't really want to leave your side tonight to Naomi, I want to keep you warm tonight."

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Naomi was still a little shaken from the entire interaction, at large. She had hoped to run off to her bedroom, but when she heard Argus stammering for her attention just as quickly as she had, she stopped in her tracks. The situation was awkward... but she could tell from the man's voice that he felt the same way... At the very least, he wasn't just... trying to take advantage of her. Despite what she'd learned about Argus today, she knew that couldn't be true. He cared about her. He truly cared about her. Gripping her arm a little, she answered his question while still facing the hall, which lead to her room. "I... I'd be okay with that." Her reply was soft...

Once she uttered it, she realised that she didn't have much more to say. Sure, there was a torrent of questions in her mind... Things involving the logistics of just.. how they had sex, who was on top, if... if he enjoyed it at all... But they were all beyond her confidence. She couldn't bring herself to admit her feelings, let alone ask if he even enjoyed being inside of her. It was just too much to think about. So, she wouldn't... Instead, she simply invited the many to sleep beside her, as she had so many nights before. Once they were settled next to each other, Argus sleeping soundly one side of the small bed, Naomi turned to view his face again. She knew she should've been fearful... intimidated, after what he'd said he would do the next day... but all she could feel was pity... Pity that this poor man was locked in such a cycle of violence...

Reaching a hand out, Naomi rested her fingers against the side of his face. She sighed. "You've helped me... So I'm going to help you, Argus. I swear."
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

Argus woke up around five in the morning, that all to familiar feeling of blood lust making his throat ache. He left something warm wrapped around his body, looking down he saw that Naomi had tightly wrapped herself around him. She didn't want to let go, every time he moved her grasp only strengthened. It took some doing but he managed to wiggle free. Argus looked at the peaceful woman only to find a frown on his face "I'm sorry." he whispered.

The demon opened the door and cold air rushed into the cozy warm room. He looked back on more time at her then left, making sure to close the door quietly. Once in the hallway he put on his winter wear and left. It was still dark out, the cold winds tore at his body, and the shadows eyed him. "Oh come on guys right now I'm just a simple demon looking to get his fill." he flashed a toothy smile. "Got five shallow graves to dig this morning, and I'm looking forward to it." he continued on into the dark morning.

It wasn't long until Argus found his first victim, a thug beating down an unlucky stranger. "Hey!" Argus called out. "People are trying to sleep!" he brandished a long knife. "You can need to be taught some manners." he pointed to the thug. "And you need to go home." he pointed to the person on the ground "I've only got room for one student in this classroom."

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Morning came too soon. As usual. It had an uncanny way of doing that most of the time...
Eyes pulling open gradually, Naomi could feel something inside of her clench when her fingers grasped and found nothing on the other side of the bed. It took a few moments for her vision to clear... but her sight only confirmed her fears... Argus was gone. He'd must have left earlier in the morning. Probably even before the sun had risen. It was funny. She'd been sleeping in beds alone like this for years. All of her life, really... But, suddenly, the warmth of it felt a great deal colder than usual... Rolling onto her side, she grasped for one of her pillows and hugged it against her. With a small sigh, she looked across the room at the clock on her wall. ...8:27 am. ... She didn't have to be on set today until 11. ... Closing her eyes, she decided to get a few more minutes of sleep. Hoping to get her mind off of what... had to be happening. ... Unfortunately, once her eyes closed, the only thing that she felt were tears sliding down her cheeks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

A few more hours into the day, Naomi managed to get to her feet. She made breakfast, chatting with Kevin for a brief bit before bidding the sleepy man back to sleep. The poor guy worked at all hours of the night, it was a wonder he could even function during the day.... Once he was squared away, she decided to make her way out. She had plenty of time to spare... but she couldn't stand how lonely her apartment felt at the moment. So, shrugging into her winter coat, she made her way down and out of the building.

The moment she left the premises, Naomi could feel it. Them. Staring directly at her, breathing down her neck. She shrugged it off these days, knowing that they were all too scared to really touch her. The lesser shadows barely even bothered to mess with her these days, knowing that they would receive a sound thrashing for it... Yet, this felt a little different. Like they were being more persistent... confident... Regardless, Naomi pushed it to the back of her mind. Her focus was on something else... on Argus... on the poor souls that must have received the brunt of his wrath. Naomi winced at the thought. She hugged her coat a little tighter, hoping to herself that these people would at least die peacefully. That... that maybe he was doing some good. That maybe they even deserved their fates... It was horrible to think about. She shook her head, deciding to put it behind her altogether.

She hurried on her way, hoping to get to the set quickly. Hopefully some warm-ups would get her mind off of all of this...
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

It wasn't long until Naomi could see the set, today they were shooting the final scene in the movie, the one where she gets to kiss the hero. She blushed a little I wounder if Argus will be jealous." she giggled. She was almost to set when everything fell to pieces.

"Hello there." a voice behind her whispered, a voice that she never hopped to hear again. Chill shot down Naomi's spine as her eyes went wide. The cold grip of fear wrapped itself around her heart.

"A... A... Arcanum." she uttered. She could move something was stopping her, all she could do was listen as he breathed down her neck.

firebrand_cosplay_by_surrealatorium-d5skzhv.jpg

"Hello Naomi, it's been far to long. I see you've been enjoying yourself while I was... away." his pinhole eyes bored into the back of her skull. The lights around started to flicker, signs, traffic lights, even the sun seemed to grow darker. Slowly the music started to fade in, that terrible awful music that always came with these things.

This wasn't like the time Vigil attacked her, no the thing behind her was giving off such immense power... this was the real Arcanum. Naomi's eyes started to glow yellow, but she quickly found herself without sight. Arc wrapped one of his huge hands around her eyes, and the other around he mouth. "Shhhhh quiet my sweet child. I want you to meet someone." his lips were inches from her ear. Naomi's heart was beating like crazy, and her breathing was that of a trapped animal. "I had to make a new plaything for you, after you did away with Vigil. So I killed over a hundred people just for you, and stuffed all their anger into one being. Naomi I would like you to meet your killer Mortem." the hand over her eyes pulled away, but it left a black hand shaped burn mark across her face.

Naomi tried to open her eyes but the stung so bad, it was hard to see but there was someone standing in front of her. She tried to focus, and when she did more fear gripped at her. She saw what she thought was a man standing a few feet in front of her.
DarkWarrior.jpg

The man only stared at her with blood lust in his eyes, and Naomi could feel how badly he wanted to kill her. Then everything went black again, Arc put his hand back over her eyes. "Now... lets have some fun." he smiled. In a flash the three were gone, and everything returned to normal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argus showed up to the set at about noon, but Naomi was no where to be seen... something wasn't right. He walked on set and found one of the crew members. "Where's Naomi." he waved his hand.

"She never showed up, we called her but she didn't answer."

Argus felt his stomach drop to the floor, had the worst happened? He ran out into the street "NAOMI!" if he had just gone with her instead of killing this wouldn't have happened. "NAOMI!" he screamed.​

[FIELDBOX="❀, #E1C595, solid"]Darkness and pain. Both had been her companions for so long that one might think she would've become accustomed to them... But there was something different about both of these. Something far harsher than anything she'd experienced before...

God, everything hurt. Why did everything hurt so much...
The feeling began to return to her body, gradually. First, to her legs. Something was broken... It had to be. She could hardly move them at all. Hardly feel anything below her hips... The feeling in her chest returned next. But there was so much numbness inside of it. So much soreness. Her breath rattled in her chest, bruises forming as blood pooled in the sites where she'd been brutalised. Large welts had formed, punctuating every fist that had made an impact on her stomach... Something was broken there too... Finally, she began to feel her face again... or what was left of it. The swelling hadn't started yet... so she was still recognisable. But the discolouration made it apparent that she wouldn't be, soon enough. Blood ran from her nose, metallic and bitter as it leaked into her mouth and onto her tongue... She tried to suck in air through her nose... but... it was broken as well.

But, none of this seemed to register to Naomi. She was too focused on something else. Too focused on her fear...
Eyes opening gradually, Naomi was surprised to see something above her... A blue sky... Beautiful and clear, despite the chill of the air around her. Soft winds rolled by, tossing wet, sweaty hair softly across her bloodied face. She squinted up at it for a moment, trying to orient herself... And, soon enough, she realised where she was... The clean air... The quiet sound of jaybirds rooting around... The distant noise of the city, far away... Eyes lifting a little, Naomi peered over her chest... and there she saw it. The condemned little house in the middle of nowhere. Quaint and out of the way... Her mother had spent so much of her savings trying to maintain the little thing. And there it was... ruined. Abandoned...

Naomi's breath caught in her throat.
"Lovely little place you had here. It's almost a shame you let it go to shit, you know... But, don't worry, I'm sure your mother will forgive you..." That familiar, cold voice seemed to float up from nowhere. It drew Naomi's gaze. And that's where she saw him... Seated atop a fairly large stone, a distance away from where she laid in the grass, Naomi watched as the demon stared off into the distance. His eyes seemed to be fixed on the house ahead of them for a while, before finally turning to meet her. They shot over and fixed on her instantly. His smile crept onto his face slowly.

"Don't you remember all the fun we used to have in that little room of yours? ... I'm trying to be nice, Naomi. I thought you might like a little 'family reunion', hm?"
Before Naomi could respond, a foreign hand reached out and grasped her neck. She was dragged up to her feet, though she quickly realised that she couldn't support herself. The moment her feet touched the ground, pain exploded up from her ankles. They were broken... probably shattered. She couldn't walk if she tried. But, the person dragging her didn't seem to care, barely stopping them at all. Feeling claws dig into her neck, she knew that it had to be the other one. The demon she'd felt all the malice from earlier. She wanted to resist. Wanted to push him away... but the moment she felt her light rise enough to make a difference, the claws at her neck tightened, choking her deeply. Naomi coughed, hands struggling to grab at the hand at her neck.

Soon enough it was gone.
Naomi felt herself thrown to the ground. Face first, she hit the dirt harshly, bringing pain to her already broken nose. Her eyes opened gradually... horrified by what she saw in front of her.

'Here Lies
Yulia Victoria Bosco'

Etched into the stone that Arcanum had sat himself upon, Naomi found herself at the monster's feet... laying on top of her mother's grave. Her breath caught in her throat again. Grasping at the ground beneath her, she felt nothing but the tears in her eyes now. Stinging at her already burning eyes, she dug her fingers in deeper. She gasped for breath, broken ribs fighting her lungs as she finally cried for help. She screamed for help. She screamed for her mother. She screamed for Argus....
Praying anyone would hear....
[/FIELDBOX]
naomi bosco

[FIELDBOX="➶ , lavender, solid"]
"Oye.... Someone's been awfully busy..."
Yet again, another voice seemed to rise from nowhere. It was familiar to Naomi. Foreign to anyone else... However, the purveyour of it knew everyone involved. Oh, how well he knew all of them...

Touching down on the grass below, Aritian's gaze swept over the scene with a methodical swiftness. He knew he probably wasn't going to be very well liked here. Best not to linger, truly. But, he couldn't help but feel a small bit of pride in his chest. After all, it wasn't every day that he was sent to fend off an abomination as horrid as this. Nor the rogue... something that had created it. He'd heard stories of Arcanum. Whispers of the creature whom played at being a 'god'... Ever since his birth, he'd wanted to destroy him. Something so wretched didn't deserve to share the same air as heaven's creations...

"Apologies, mate. But, I'm afraid I have to interrupt your bit of... 'fun'. Much as I'd like to do away with the abomination in your clutches, she's yet to do anything to warrant her death just yet. But, your very existence is a blight.... Afraid I'll have to put an end to that."
Drawing his sword, Aritian pointed the weapon in the direction of the brute. He seemed to be created of... pure anger. Malice. What a wretched creature. "Consider your death to be a mercy." Without so much as another word, he went flying straight at the demon. His speed was unmatched, and he collided with the large man.

[AND FIGHT!]​
[/FIELDBOX]
a r i t i a n

"Naomi!" Argus heard her far off scream. He closed his eyes and focused on the her screams... them made the jump. It took a second for him to orientate himself, but when he did the site before him shook him to the core. "N Naomi." he say her there bloody, broken, and unmoving. Memories of finding his daughter and wife came rushing back to him, mixing with Naomi's body. Bits and pieces of screams, corpses, and blood flashed through his mind. "Why didn't I I I stay with you....." he whispered. Then came the angel, what a fool he was taking on an opponent he knew nothing about. Still though Argus was thankful for the distraction.

"Hello traitor..." Arc whispered. "Having fun playing protector? Tell me how many did you kill today?" he laughed.

"Fuck you!" Argus yelled. "What the hell did you do to Naomi?"

"The Seer?" Arc looked to Naomi's body. "I broke her, stood her up, then broke her some more." he was so casual with that sentence. "And now I'm going to get what I came for." he started to move towards Naomi. *BOOM!* A fire ball caught him right in the face, but it did next to nothing. "Oh Argus you're flame has dwindled over the years, mine not so much." a black flame appeared in Arc's hand and he tossed it at Argus. *BOOM!!!!* It hit the demon square in the chest knocking him backwards, his skin a charred mess. Arc started to move towards Naomi again, only to be struck by another fireball this one was much bigger. "Oooo I kind of felt that." the demon god laughed. Argus stood in the grass breathing heavily, smoke rising from his palm. "You're becoming a nuisance!" Arc raised his hand, and Argus quickly found himself encased in ice. "There, now my dear where were we?" he walked over to Naomi, flipped her over, and looked at her. "End of the line my dear, you lose." he slid one of her eyelids open, Naomi's breathing quickened. His fingers were inches from her eyeball, when he stopped.

"You really think you can hold me?" the demon god whispered. Behind him was a soaking wet Argus one of his hands out, a small clock face in front of it.

"I only need to hold you long enough." Argus's nose started to stream black blood. He ran to Naomi, kneeling down beside her. "Naomi I'm sorry about this, but I can't lose you." he bit into one of his fingers and sucked up the blood into his mouth. He bent over and kissed her on the lips. He poured the blood from his lips into hers. "Now please don't die." his voice shook.

"INNOCENT FOOL!" Arc yelled, breaking free of Argus's control. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!"

Drawing his sword back, Aritian felt his knee hit the ground. He breathed heavily, wiping some sweat from his brow as he looked over at the abomination he'd been battling. Knelt as well, Mortem's gaze burned with an intense hatred. His breath was as hot as the burning air he seemed to exude. Despite how tired the two of them were, neither seemed to be able to get a scratch on either of them. They'd been clashing, claws and against blade for a while now, and yet not a bit of skin was broken.

"All things considered, you'd probably make a pretty good body guard, mate. Ever consider switching sides?" Aritian joked, raising himself to his feet. Mortem hardly seemed amused, getting to his feet as well. He raised his hand, claws extending out further as he prepared his next attack. Aritian raised his sword as well, ready to deflect it.. but his attention was broken when he heard commotion behind him.

That was when he saw it.
The demon... doing, quite possibly, the most despicable and ... downright idiotic thing he'd ever seen in his life. Aritian's eyes drew wide as he watched Argus condemn the young woman to damnation. For the first time, Aritian's voice rose in what seemed like anger. "Argus, you fool! What are you do-!"

Unfortunately, his lapse in attention wasn't lost on Mortem. Though he was temporarily distracted by his master's distress, the demon's mission was clear. He was supposed to terminate these people. Starting with the angel first. Moving with an unreal speed, he advanced forward, sinking his claws into the angel's chest.

Aritian coughed. This sensation was new... He'd heard of it before. Heard it described. But never experienced it firsthand. ... Pain. Using his wings to push himself backward as quickly as he could, the angel staggered away to look at the holes born into his chest. A strange, silvery fluid leaked from them. He looked at it for a moment, but quickly turned his attention back to the battle at hand. He'd have to deal with Argus later.

- - - - - - - - - - -​

Naomi could feel something warm against her lips. It was brief, but it was definitely there... followed by the taste of something metallic. It was much more bitter than the taste she'd felt in there before. Much worse. She didn't like it at all, really... But it sparked something inside of her. Something that made her mind reel...

Vision blurring, the last thing Naomi would remember seeing was Argus looking down on her.
'Please don't die. . .'

It took less than a second.
The very moment that Arcanum raised his voice to Argus, a small rush of wind... and a familiar figure stood in front of him. She had Naomi's shape. Her hair, her figure... her bruised face. Standing up, positioned between Argus and Arcanum, it wasn't really clear when she'd moved. But there she was... Her eyes were turned to the ground. Slowly, but surely, they made their way up Arcanum's form... revealing a horrid truth. The eyes that Arcanum had coveted so much. Those beautiful blue eyes. They'd turned completely black.

The woman stared at him expressionless for a moment. Seeming to study him, she cocked her head to one side slowly. She then raised her hand to his chest... and, what sounded like a crack of lightning resounded from it. A shockwave issued out into the area, thunderous and crackling... exceedingly strong. It would've leveled the house they were near, had ithey been any closer to it.

Arc flew backwards crashing through a couple of tree, and into the woods that surrounded the house. Mortem was quick to disengage Ari, running after his master. Slowly the music that once followed Arcanum now find it's way to Naomi. She turned to Argus and looked at him with the same emotionless look, just like she had with Arc. The man was frozen with fear at what he had done, unable to move. "What have I done! Naomi... oh God what have I done!" the same thoughts played over and over in his head as she started to approach him.

"Argus... we're tired... take us home." her voice was hallow and expressionless. Blood still oozed from her cuts, but she seemed to care very little. The woman was lost to the blood of the demon, but she didn't seem to care.

"YOU WILL GO NOWHERE!" Arc's voice roared from the forest. The rouge god came flying out of the forest heading straight for Naomi. He tried to grabbed her neck, only to be stopped inches from it. Naomi was holding out her own hand and keeping him at bay "We remember you Arcanum... so much pain... now it's your turn." and in one quick flick of the wrist she tore one of his arms from his body, tossing it to the ground.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" it was the first time Arc had experienced such pain. Blood sprayed from the gaping whole in his body, coating the Seer in a lick black coat. She let go dropping the demon to the ground, his arm still twitching beside him. The demon wouldn't stop screaming, and the pain would stop coming. Mortem was quick to respond, picking up his master and running into the woods.

Naomi's attention was drawn to Ari "We also remember the angel.... we are unsure of him... we want to know more." she raised her hand.

"Now now love this is no time to get handsy." he was quick to escape, flying outside of her range of power.

She lowered her hand at came up to Argus, almost falling into him. She rested on his chest, and placed her on this burn mark. "We want to leave... take us home Argus."

All the demon could do was shake his head, and take them home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They appeared in Naomi's bedroom, and the woman let go of the demon almost pushing him away. "Leave... we are tired..." she raised her hand picked him up and tossed him out of the room. The door slammed shut.

[FIELDBOX="➶ , lavender, solid"]
The small apartment fell quiet after Naomi's door shut, leaving Argus in the hallway. Speechless...

He wasn't alone for very long, though.
After a few moments of silence, the vaguely familiar sound of fluttering could be heard in the room. Appearing from nowhere, as he often did, Aritian touched down on the floor of the apartment. He looked a bit worse for wear, holding one of his hands up to cover one of the bleeding wounds on his chest. He winced, breathing heavily, as he approached Argus from behind. His sword was drawn and he looked at the demon with an intent to kill... yet when he walked forward, he simply shoved the demon slightly, turning Argus around so that the demon was facing him.

"Now.... I would really like it... if you could be so kind... as to explain... what in the seven hells you were thinking?"
Aritian's breathing was still laboured. He wasn't used to pain and, being perfectly honest, he wasn't a fan of it either. But, he would have to bite his tongue on that now. Far more important things were happening. "You understand that you've infected her, don't you? Damned her. ... She could've been saved, Argus. Could've abandoned the use of her power and lived her life as normal, after she banished that blight, Arcanum. But now?" Aritian shook his head, trying not to think of the consequences. But, truly they were all he had to impart. "They angels above me. My superiors. They're not quite as understanding as I am, mate. Not nearly as pleasant either. They're going to want her dead" Aritian sighed. Sheathing his sword at his side, he limped his way over to the couch and sat himself down as comfortably as he could. His body was aching.... even his wings were sore. "...I-.. I don't even know what to call her now. What do you make of her? Did she seem the same at all?"
[/FIELDBOX]
a r i t i a n

Argus jumped when the Aritian pushed him. "I couldn't lose her... I need her to..."

"To what? Exact your pitiful revenge? Or is it because your crazy for her?" Ari called from the couch.

"What! No no no!" Argus blushed.

"Oh come on mate it's written all over your bloody face! Now that sick love you have for her has messed very thing up.. for all of us!" the angel roared. Argus couldn't do anything but look to the floor.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm well aware of the consequences of action Aritian!I couldn't leave her there to die dammit! You like you I have people that I care about!" Argus shouted back. "I don't fucking know who long the infection will last. I only gave her a small amount of my blood so maybe a week?"

"Yeah you're blood, and the current blanket of blood she's wearing from one of the most powerful demons to date! She's probably giveing herself one heck of a tongue bath right now!" Ari pointed out.

"Fine! A few weeks then!" Argus was twitchy and on edge, biting at his fingernails. "What kind of normal life waits for the dead anyway! Are you fucking kidding me, you don't have a life when you're dead! No instead you get stuffed into a, let's be honest, overly crowded pillow factory. Then waited on hand and foot, God that's so boring!" Argus shouted. "Let me ask you would you rather be here with the action of life, or stuck up in the world oldest cotton factory?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Argus was quick to settle down when Ari asked him the last question... "The scary thing is I'm not sure you're higher ups would have an easy time with her..." Argus looked to the floor again. "Let me put it to you this way she tore Arcanum's arm clean off, no body has been able to touch this guy sense one of your higher ups tried to quell him. She's not Naomi anymore... she's something scarier..."

[FIELDBOX="➶ , lavender, solid"]Aritian laid back against the pillows, though he was careful not to stain any of the covers with his blood. Despite his injuries, he wasn't some animal. "Here's the thing, you say you know the consequences, but it sounds like you don't. What happens if she, God forbid, likes this newfound power of hers? Who's going to stop her, if neither of us can so much as lay a finger on her? What's to stop her from lopping your head off and drinking you dry?" Aritian, motioned the decapitation with his hand. He shook his head. "You said it yourself that she isn't Naomi anymore. A shame, because I was beginning to really like her. Lovely girl, that one." Noting what he'd said, Aritian was quick to clarify. "Not in that way, of course. I tend not to think with my head in my pants. Unlike some demons." The demon in question shook his head vehemently, still denying every word of the man's accusations. Either way, Aritian digressed. "And.. if what you say about the archangels is true... That even they would have trouble neutralising her... Then you need to be far more worried about what's to come. If she manages to harm them. Or, God forbid, kill one of them... Well. I'm not certain there will be any chance of saving her then. ..."

"Oi. .... I don't know how you deal with this 'pain' nonsense. Bloody travesty." Aritian sighed, laying back against the couch for a while longer. He closed his eyes. "Anyway, I'm going to head back to the old 'cotton factory'. I'll try to prevent my superior from finding out what truly happened for as long as I can... It should buy you some time to get this mess under control" Aritian chuckled a little to himself, though he immediately regretted it, feeling a sting from the wounds in his chest. "I'll be expecting a handwritten thank you note, by the way. Not every day I do this kind of favour. ...Specially for someone I should've killed months ago"
[/FIELDBOX]
a r i t i a n

Argus snapped his fingers and a few things appeared in his hands: some gauze pads, a bandage roll, and a bottle of pain killers. He tossed them at the whining angel "There's your hand written note." he snarled.

Ari took the objects in his hands and looked at them with great confusion "Sorry what?"

"Oh my god you are so helpless! Put the pads on your wounds, then wrap them with the long tan strip, and in the bottle are what humans call pain killers. Swallow two with water and they will help your pain go away." Argus huffed. "Now if you would be so kind as to get off the couch and return from where you came I need to get some sleep. As you can see I to am not in the best of shape, so if you please." he shooed Aritian off of the couch. He plopped down and say that Ari was still standing there "Ok fly boy lets go! Get out of here!" he waved him on.

Status
Not open for further replies.