Shadowlands: The Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having dragged her daughter to a more secluded area, where they could have a proper talk, Aysi didn't know what was going on with the others. She heard the rumble, but stampedes weren't all that rare. In the meantime, she was giving Ashura a thorough dressing-down. Her words were harsh and unyielding. "Ashura. You can't keep doing this! You disrupt the pride in the morning. You are a nuisance to others, and show no shame for your actions. You can still hold yourself as if you've done something great? You are cub, and for now your actions are overlooked as such, but as you get older you can not continue in this selfish, spoilt manner. Just because you're a princess does not mean you can do whatever you want! As a matter of fact, it means you need to be even more careful about what you do and say. You have to care for the pride. If anything happens to Tayba you will be the next in line along with your brother and you will have responsibilities. Do you understand what responsibilities are?"

------------------------------

Eshe had found Tayba and K'wanza, but she'd turned away for a moment to stress about the elephants and when she turned back, they were gone. Tayba had seen what had happened with the hunter and had said he was leaving, to find a better place, or a way to defeat the hunters. She'd cried, asking where he was going, but he'd just said he wasn't really sure where. And then he'd been gone. Alari and K'wanza, ever the devoted friends, insisted on following and then they were gone, too.

The fragile, little white lion cub raced down the rock, making her way back to the den, where she found several exhausted lionesses. There was an uneasy murmur in the air. A majority of them had made it back to the cave, but she didn't see Koda anywhere. Ahmi looked particularly crestfallen. Jenna looked mildly murderous, and Chriti was giving a very dusty Zuri a bath. Oh what was going on? Never mind. It didn't matter. She jumped over to Jenna, approaching timidly. She was most comfortable with Jenna or Barika, after all, but Barika seemed busy attending to Kenene. "Jenna, Jenna." She pawed lightly at the older lioness to get her attention. "They're gone. They went away! Tayba a-aand Alari, and K'wanza, too! What do we do?"

Ashura drooped her ears she didn't really know what to say really "But i do care for the pride even if i teaze and taunt them doesn't mean i hate em i just want to have fun i don't really want to hurt any pride members" she paused for a moment and sighed "Plus Ahmi causes more trouble than i do or can ever do in general".

Jenna was finally glad to be in the safety of the den but panic washed over her when Eshe told her Tayba, Alari and K'wanza were gone "What!? have you searched the area? did they say anything before leaving? where were they going?" she said panicking quickly getting up on all fours ready to find her three friends and kill anything that harmed or want to harm them.

Eshe sniffled. "Tayba said he wanted to go find a safer place, or a way to defeat the hunters. He said he didn't know if he was ever going to come back, and then Alari and K'wanza decided to follow him." She covered her head with her paws, not sure what to do.

--------------------

Aysi sighed at her daughter. "I know that, Ashura, but you can't just have fun, forever. You also have to learn how to be a responsible adult capable of ruling the pride if you have to. And Ahmi... Ahmi is a troublemaker we will have to deal with some other time. Just because he has his problems, doesn't mean you can excuse the things you do. I know you don't hate the pride, but you also have to learn how to care for them properly, instead of just fooling around all the time."

Jenna was to say the least shocked she stared at Eshe for almost minutes with a shock expression before saying "We need to tell this to the king and queen right a way Eshe they need to know this now" Jenna commanded before storming off out of the den in search of the king or queen. "AYSI! AKUA! WHERE ARE YOU? THERE IS SOMETHING REALLY URGENT YOU NEED TO KNOW!" Jenna shouted to hopefully catch their attention.

Ashura sighed and nodded "Alright mom i will" her ears then perked up upon the sound of Jenna shouting about something urgent she gave Aysi a worried look for a second.

Koda carried the small body into a cave built into the ground. The smell was terrible, but it was where Koda had kept the bodies of the deceased. He didn't think they should stay above ground to be eaten away at. He made his way to an empty spot, nearly putting the cub down and situated it so it looked as if it were simply sleeping. Koda turned, walking out of the den. He let out a sigh, glancing to the sky an let out a silent prayer to the past kings to make a place in there sky for the young tiger cub. He ran back towards the cave just in time to hear Jenna shouting. He didn't question it though, he just hung his head and made his way in the den.

Ahmi sat atop the den, running his paw in water then brushing it across his stinging cheek. He winced at the claw marks, letting out a low growl. "I'll show them... I'll show them to respect me.." He said in a low, hate filled voice. He turned as Jenna yelled and growled in annoyance. He lowered his gaze to his cousin who entered the den after moving the body and his face twisted into anger and hated. He hated his cousin. He always thought he was so high and mighty, telling Ahmi how to act. Well, at least that's how Ahmi saw it.

• Love
Reactions: firejay1
Chi sat next to Koda when he came in, still depressed of what happened moments ago. They don't even care! They just care about the argument not that my big sister has... The tiger cub sniffled, she hated thinking about it. Chikelu then heard Jenna yelling about some lions going missing, she chose to ignore it because he never knew any of those names. He then noticed a fellow lion cub, he had never seen one in real life before besides Zuri. The cub walked over to Ashura. "Hello I'm Chikelu, but most call me Chi or Chiki. I've never seen a cub in real life before besides..."

Koda sat down. He knew he should try and look for the two lions but he was simply exhausted. He glances to Chi and smiles as he went to Ashura. He wasn't sure how that would work, since Ashura wasn't friendly. He walked over to Chriti and laid near her while she cleaned Zuri and looks over to Chi.

• Love
Reactions: Mr.Scales ⚖
Chriti gave Zuri a final lick, before setting her on her feet gently. "Now, why don't you rest a bit. You've had a hard time." Her ears twitched at the sound of Jenna's roar, sensing trouble. She shook her head. It was just one thing after another. How had the pride gone from being so peaceful, to having a new cub, a graphic death, an elephant stampede, a near expulsion, a run-in with a hunter, and now this, all in one day? She glanced over at Koda, seeing him watching Chi. "How do you think she'd handling it?" She asked him quietly.

Aysi heard Jenna and ran over. "What is it? Has something happened?" She asked, worry in her voice. She saw a strange new cub move over to Ashura to talk to her, but if there was a problem, she wanted to deal with that first.

Zuri looked tired, exhausted even. She didn't like how chaotic the pride was today she wanted it relaxing. But it hasn't been relaxing since the hunters moved in. Those stupid hunters.. Why can't they just leave the pride alone? Zuri wanted to force him to leave, but she was so tired. A little nap would do her good... The small cub laid down, resting her head on her paws.

Koda glances to Chriti. "I don't know. It's quite a shock for Chi, I'm sure. Especially since the two have been together for a long time. I guess I'll just have to watch and see how he feels and help him adjust the best I can." He said quietly and looks at Chriti.

Jenna ran over to Aysi clearly out of breathe "Aysi oh how do i say but Tayba, K'wanza and Alari well... Eshe told me that Tayba said he wanted to go find a safer place, or a way to defeat the hunters. He said he didn't know if he was ever going to come back, and then Alari and K'wanza decided to follow him" she said clearly shocked at the same time very sad about the situation.

Chi sat next to Koda when he came in, still depressed of what happened moments ago. They don't even care! They just care about the argument not that my big sister has... The tiger cub sniffled, she hated thinking about it. Chikelu then heard Jenna yelling about some lions going missing, she chose to ignore it because he never knew any of those names. He then noticed a fellow lion cub, he had never seen one in real life before besides Zuri. The cub walked over to Ashura. "Hello I'm Chikelu, but most call me Chi or Chiki. I've never seen a cub in real life before besides..."

Ashura stared at the unknown cub very curiously well those were quite interesting markings like zebra stripes but not he had white fur and cream colored underbelly and paws and was pretty big too. "Uhh..... besides who? and my names Ashura" she said curiously one might be surprise in this sudden change of demeanor but she's actually going to listen to her mom for once and change her attitude.

Zuri curled into a ball but no matter how hard she tried or how exhausted she was she simply couldn't sleep. She forced herself to stand and padded towards the back of the cave. No one else was there so she could spend some quality time to herself. Sitting down, she looked around at the others in the cave.

"How did you meet them?" Chriti asked him, quietly, not wanting to raise her voice. He had just come up toting along those cubs. She knew he had to be feeling guilty about it, but he wasn't a cub-stealer so it was more likely he'd helped them in some way. She rested her head on her paws and didn't look at him, watching the kid, whose name she hadn't even officially heard yet, engage Ashura in conversation. For once, it seemed the dark-furred cub was behaving herself.

--------------------

Aysi's eyes widened in shock. "They left? But why.. Oh that Tayba. He's always been so... private. Maybe it was wrong making him the next in line." She sighed. "And of course K'wanza and Alari would follow him." There was a little wistful sadness in her eyes. She looked over at Ashura. It seemed her lecture had been rather ironically timed. "How to tell Akua... and Ashura and Zuri." She gave Jenna a steady look. "I will not let anyone leave to look for them. It was his choice to leave, and I don't want to lose anyone else in the pride. We just have to trust that they'll be okay." Her response was calmer than she felt.

Koda twitches his ear slightly at the question. "While patrolling I found them asleep in the sun. I brought them to shade and got them food when I saw the stampede." He replied. His gaze moved around the den, then it rested on the cubs.

The tiger noticed Ashura looking at Chi's body, he knew at birth that he was different from all the only lions since he was really young by his mother. The cub stopped for a few seconds when Ashura asked what other cub, he looked around at the other lions when he noticed Zuri. "Well there's Zuri right" The cub awkwardly chuckled as he tried to use the excuse, he held his other paw hoping that the fellow cub wouldn't of noticed the lie.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Akua woke up from his long sleep, he had no idea why no other lion had woke him up and was furious. The lion ran through the heavy beige grass till he met up with most of the fellow lion pride. "Where is K'wanza?" The king freaked out looking everywhere. "I accidentally fell asleep, what has happened?"

Zuri twitched her ear slightly at her name and turned her gaze away. The cub crouched down, her claws extended as she fixated her gaze on a bug. She wished she was bigger so she could hunt, but the best she could do is practice. The runt slowly moved towards the bug, her tail flicking. Her ear flicked to the bug and she launched herself into it, trapping the bug under her paws. For a cub, she was great at hunting. Her chest swelled with pride and she removes her paws, the bug buzzing away quickly.

The gazelle grazed with her herd feeding on the sweet savanna grass unaware of being in the crosshairs of a hunter's rifle. Only a fair distance away Jason laid still as rocks waiting for the oblivious gazelle to stop moving. When she finally dripped her head down to munch on some grass, a bullet spud out of Jason's barrel and penetrated the heart. The gazelle flopped down like a ragdoll unmoving as the herd panicked. Alex quickly went into action as she darted from her position besides Jason towards the herd. The husky closed the gap and snarled at a elderly gazelle driving him away from the herd. Alex awaited for the familiar blast, but none came and the old gazelle retreated away.

Jason got up from his hiding place and jugged over to the dead gazelle. He whistled for Alex who padded over sadden as if she was dismayed at failing for getting the wrong prey. Jason couldn't understand why Alex would be dismayed though. However, he ignored it and placed the gazelle over his shoulder. The weight of it made him grunt as he bore it until he reached a slide. Jason then tossed the gazelle onto it and began pushing it while Alex barked along the way back to camp.

Ezinma had been sleeping till the sunrise seemed to hit inside her and her mother's den. She said aloud like a cub. "Five more minutes..." She turned not to face the light. Her mother came over and nudge her. Ezinma looked at her and realized what she was suppose to be doing and smiled at her mother. "Thanks I about forgot." She got up and went to go on patrol seeing what she could. After a while she went back to return she had seen nothing on the side of their territory that she felt worth reporting she noticed it seemed that a group talking and she went to get closer to see if she missed anything important.

Reactions: Nue
Ahmi looked at the king and Ezinma from the top of his cave and let our a low, annoyed growl. Their presence annoyed him. It would only give him more dissaproving looks. He swiped his paw over his new wound one final time and laid down atop the den entrance. His tail twitched with anger and irritation at the kings question. "What king lets his pride get in danger like that?" He mumbled to himself, ignoring the fact that the danger was caused by himself. Ahmi turned his head away Tiredly.

Mashika was returning from her latest trip to keep an eye on the hyenas. No one wanted them attacking like they did last time. The maned lioness had followed the hyenas for quite some time, but it seemed like they were following some other predators who felled more prey than the Shadowlands pride. That was good at least...Although it was a tad insulting. But the Shadowlands pride didn't hunt without reason and they believed in only hunting when absolutely necessary and not for the fun of it or for show.

A sour smell hit Mashika's nose as she passed by the spot where their dead were buried, and she made a note to inquire why, as although the area usually smelled foul it smelled especially bad that day. Mashika adamantly hoped that no one had perished while she was away.

It took her less than thirty minutes to reach the pride and the state of her King and Queen instantly alerted her that something was wrong. "Aysi, Akua," She said in lieu of greeting, "I've just returned from tracking that hyena cackle, but did something happen? The spot where we bury our fallen..." She trailed off trying to read the situation.

"What do you mean? I was asleep and no one woke me up" The lion ran past mashika like a bolt and ran past the other lions. Akua ran to the fallen graves where he checked every grave. He stopped first when he saw Lukata's grave, the lion sighed and out his paw on his fallen friend. He had saved him and his wife, he would never repay him as good as he did. The lion then kept walking and stopped, marking in the mud said Churi, he never knew who Churi was. He then thought of Koda, who had brought a lot of lions to the pride, so maybe he had found a dead lion and buried it. The lion went back to the pride and stood in the middle of the pride. "I need answers now!" The king roared, focusing his eyes on Koda

Status
Not open for further replies.