Shadowlands: The Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two cubs began to wake up, Chi opened his eyes, still dizzy from the exhaustion. The girl then saw a large lion male standing near her and her sister. Chikelu looked up at the brown mace, she wasn't scared actually she was pretty amazed to see a fellow lion here. "T..thank you for helping us" Her fellow cub still asleep from the exhaustion. "My name is Chikelu, most animals call me Chi" Chi didn't know her current mood, was she excited to finally find a fellow lion or happy to finally see one other then her parents.

Koda flicked his tail, smiling down at Chi. "Its a pleasure to meet you, Chi. I'm Koda. Tell me, little one, when was the last time the two if you had a decent meal?" He asked. He looked up, keeping aware of any meal he could find for them. Last he saw, there was a warthog down the river. He had left it alone since he wasn't in the mood for a meal, but now be was willing to hunt it for the two cubs.

"And then you pounce!" Barika exclaimed launching herself forward and slamming her paws onto a fluttering blade of grass. Kenene followed suit but her leap was a bit off and so upon her landing, she stumbled and got a muzzle full of dirt and bugs. Barika couldn't help it and burst into laughter.

"It's not--ptoo--funny--bleh!" Kenene wailed spitting out bits of dirt and a few ants. Her older sister stopped laughing immediately and gave the little lion a lick. "Sorry, sweet. Anyway, we've done enough training for today, so how about you go find Zuri or some of the other cubs to play with?" She suggested and Kenene nodded eagerly before scampering off.

While Kenene went in search of playmates, Barika returned to the den and rested in the shade.

--

Kenene spent quite some time running around looking for others to play with, but so far she had found no one. A soft squeaking beside her, caught her attention and Kenene was delighted to see a mouse. Except...She wasn't hungry and she new the pride rules about hunting. With a sigh she flopped down and simply watched the thing scamper about, completely oblivious that a fierce predator was less than three paw lengths away from it.

Zuri was stalking the same mouse Kenene was watching. She stuck to the grass tall enough to hide her, coughing down. She didn't notice Kenene though. She brought up her hind legs, crouching down. Her eyes locked on the mouse as she prepared to pounce. Her tail swayed. One second. Two seconds. Three! Zuri launched out, landing just behind the mouse, her paw smaping down on its tail to prevent it from running away. "Gotcha!" She lowered berher head and picked up the mouse by it's tail. At that time she noticed Kenene and purred in delight. "Kenene! I didnt see you there..!"

Jason laid his weary body against a tree, Its shade provide protection from the sun and it was a good place to rest. The soldier also was reading a book to keep himself while his husky was curled up in a ball asleep. They had walked all day yesterday and some through the night. Now the sun had risen again and Jason had to be on his way. However, his body protested every time when he forced himself to march, but Jason eventually gave in and found a place to rest. They would enter the Shadowlands soon and Jason would need his rest.

Kenene let out a squeal of surprise and awe when Zuri caught the mouse. Even though, Barika had been teaching Kenene how to hunt, seeing another cub do it was even more impressive. It gave her hope that she would be able to do the same thing in the future.

"Oh, Zuri! Show me how to do that? Please? Or if you're busy can I follow you? I promise I won't be annoying! If you want me to stop talking I wil! Oh but if you want me to talk, I'll do that too!" She blabbered, her eyes shining with eagerness. She almost never got to tag along with the other cubs because she was too young and therefore to slow to keep up with them.

Chi's eyebrow lifted, she didn't know what a decent meal was really. "Well uh, i'm not really sure what a decent meal is really, if your just thinking of a good meal, maybe a moon ago" The female tiger wasn't really sure, since they were with their mother and father, they didn't really get a decent meal. Their parents never knew how to hunt and were really house animals, it was really difficult to find food since they didn't know how to hunt. Her sister began to wake up seeing a fellow lion, she was confused.

Zuri smiled at the younger cub. She always like the younger cub since she was so kind and happy a lot. That, and it was refreshing to see someone that was smaller then Zuri for the time being. The runt purred again in amusement. "I don't mind showing you, or having you tag along. But before I can help you with pouncing, I gotta get this mouse over to Ahmi. Feel free to come with! And you can talk all you want, by the way. I don't mind!" She mumbled, the mouse wiggling around in her jaw. Turning, she padded off to where she was going to meet Ahmi, flicking her tail in a motion to let the cub know she can follow.

Koda nodded. "Alright, then the two of you wait here. I'll go bring you back some food. If your ready after that, I could bring you back my pride. I'm sure the king and queen won't mind having you guys stay if I help care for you." He said and noticed the other cub waking up. He gave a friendly smile and started towards the worthog he saw earlier.

Ahmi had spent his time finding the nearby elephants. He spotted a rather large female, deciding that one will be his test subject once Zuri shows up. Turning, he ran towards a rock maybe a mile and a half away from the elephant herd. Ahmi climbed on top of the rock and sat down, his tail twitching as he waited. "This'll be awesome. And even if it doesn't work, I'll just scare the elephant any way. It'll be hilarious..!"

Jason huffed. He was finally at the Shadowlands and he didn't get why it was called that. It looked like your typical savanna with just slightly shorter grass. Still had to be careful though because for the few months Jason had spent in Africa he had learned that lions easily blended into the grass. Jason had his revolver out just in case, but wasn't fully loaded. Should a lion pop out, the veteran could simply fire into the air in an attempt to scare it off.

Jason looked for a suitable camp site and through the grueling search he found a good location. A rock outcropping that would prevent people from sneaking up on him. It could also serve as a sniper post. There were also nearby trees and a watering hole with animals already drinking from it. Jason claimed the spot quoting what Neil Armstrong said when he first landed on the moon. He then set about making camp leaving Alex on guard. Tomorrow would be a workday and the Shadowland pride will have a thorn in their side.

"Thank you, i'm starving" She smiled then looked over to her sister waking up. She was confused when he said king and queen, she never knew what that meant, her parents never told them. The tiger then shrugged and walked over to her sister. "Who is that?" Chitu asked her fellow sibling, confused because she had just woken up. "His name is Koda, he said he's getting us a meal and that he's going to ask if we could stay at their pride" The tiger smiled and her sister smiled as well. "Yes! i haven't had a good meal in a few weeks"

He soon spotted the worthog, and couches down. He stayed downwind from the beast, and it was still happily splashing water on himself to cool down. His claws extended and he launched himself put, dashing to it. The worthog squealed in surprise and started running. Koda chased the worthog, but it stood no chance against him. Before it had the chance to turn around and try to fight, he pounced on it. After that, it was only a few second till he made his kill. Sinking his teeth in the back of it's neck, he dragged the animal back to the cubs. The worthog wasn't too big, or too small. It was just right to feed the cubs. Once he got to the tree he left them at, he dropped the worthog in front of them. "Here you go! Eat up."

Chriti returned to her pride from the watering hole. Some of them were gone, but that was to be expected, especially with the rowdy cubs. She rested her head on her paws and watched those within her line of sight silently. It had been a year, but still she remembered the long hard journey they'd gone through to get here. Some peace was nice. Maybe later, she'd go hunt for a bit.

Kenene thought she was burst with excitement! She was finally going to be able to see what the big cubs did and Zuri didn't even care if she talked or not! this was awesome! Although she wondered why Zuri was going to give a live mouse to Ahmi. What did he need a living meal for?

"What's the mouse for?" Kenene asked voicing her thoughts, as she padded along behind the older cub. Before Zuri could answer her they reached Ahmi who was looking at a herd of elephants. Kenene frowned and crept forward slowly, what was he doing?

Zuri looked at the elephants as well as they neared them. She began to grow a little skeptical of this plan. She hadn't seen a full sized elephant up close before, and now that she had she was beginning to think Ahmi should drop this stupid idea. "I guess Ahmi heard from somewhere that elephants are scared of mice, and he wants to test that theory. But I didn't expect elephants to be so.... Big" She said hesitantly and brought the mouse to Ahmi. Dropping it in the ground, she held the mouse in place with her paw.

Ahmi smirked as he heared Zuri. "Your not backing out now, are you Zuri?" He said looking at her. But then he blinked in surprise at the sight of a smaller cub. "You brought Kenene along? Shouldnt she be, like, chasing burterflys with her sister or something?" He said with a light chuckle, picking the mouse up. But that only gave him a scolding look from Zuri. "Kenene can be here, I brought her with!" Zuri protested, which Ahmi flicked her in the face with his tail. But, he didn't feel like arguing and motioned for the two cubs to follow, crouching low to the ground to sneak up to the adult female elephant.

Jenna had been watching Ahmi and Zuri for a short while his plan involving elephants really concerns her even more the fact it involves other cubs.

"Ahmi, Zuri all of you stop this immedietly!" Jenna yelled as she started running a them "Ahmi this is a stupid and immature plan you could get these cubs and yourself killed!" she knew there was an elephant nearby but perhaps her yelling and running at would chase it off hopefully.

Ahmi glances back, spotting Jenna and rolls his eyes. He drops the mouse, though and sits up. The elephants were aware of her yelling and began looking for the source of the noise. Ahmi sits down, his tail flicking impatiently. "Oh common. You have no sense of adventure, Jenna! Let the cubs try new things like this." He mumbled . But even though he let the mouse go, it scampered towards the elephants. It would have been fine, if it didn't run up the elephants trunk thinking it was a tree. The elephant let out a loud screech like sound in alarm, swinging it's trunk about and stomping to try and shake the mouse off. "Hey look! It Is scared!" He said, but paused . It alarmed the other elephants and they began stomping around as well. Soon, they began stampeding, running towards the lions. "ah!" Ahmi flattened himself to the ground in fright, watching the massive beasts charge towards them.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
The ground began to rumble. Chriti, Eshe, and Utulivu all felt it. Utulivu's head snapped around to look, then she relaxed, staying within the shade of the branches near the top of the rock. They weren't in any danger, considering elephants were not the best climbers. Eshe, on the other hand, panicked. She looked around wildly and saw a couple of the other lions down there with the elephants. Completely forgetting all about K'wanza, she exclaimed, "Utulivu! What do we do!? There are lions down there, I should go and help-" Utulivu just tackled Eshe, pinning her to the ground to make sure she didn't go anywhere.

"Don't be stupid." She said, in her prim little way. "You can't help them. They'll have to help themselves. If you go over there you'll just get in the way and get killed."

Chriti didn't quite know what was making the noise, so she looked up calmly. That was when she saw the dust. It didn't seem to be moving at first, but once it started, it did seem like it would pass by. She got up and went to look from a better vantage point, to see what was going on. Adult lions couldn't climb trees all that easily, so she went to look for a rocky outcropping or something. That was when she saw Eshe and... some cheetah cub. The cheetah cub was practically sitting on the small white lion. A snarl ripped from Chriti's throat and she advanced. "What are you doing, cheetah?" Hearing the growl, Utulivu jerked up, looked at Chriti, then scampered away. Chriti went to Eshe. "You okay, sweetheart?"

Eshe nodded, then seemed to panic. "Elephants, a stampede, there are lions down there!" Her words tripped over themselves, but Chriti understood.

"WHat?!" She roared, then jumped away from Eshe, running towards the stampede. "Eshe, go find Tayba! Tell him what's happening!" She saw Ahmi cowering there, with Jenna and a couple cubs nearby. Of course... Ahmi. "Ahmi! Get out of there!" She yelled. What was he doing just sitting there? He wasn't some cub that could be rescued just by picking him up with her mouth. (@MiraiNikki021209 )

Eshe scampered around, then saw Taybe close by. "Tayba!" She cried, distress clear in her voice. (@LogicfromLogic )

K'wanza huffed a bit as he was told to retreat from the warmth of the rocky outcroping. He was reluctent, but dared not to speak back to the elder Tayba. But it was then that a rumbling began to shake the earth, like ten male lions who roared to the ground. From his vantage point, K'wanza could see a great cloud of dust as it swept over the plains. Feer welling up in him, he scampered backwards, climbing higher up the rock, just as another cub ran up, calling for his brother.

Ahmi stood in almost a fear induced trance, starring wide eyed at the oncoming stampede. He heard someone yelling his name in the distance and shook his head. He rose to his feet, running and scampering back to the rock. he almost tripped over himself to stop from running to Zuri and Kenene. he looked back, panicked, then at the cubs. Of course, the first thing in his mind was to save himself. "Dont just stand there, you idiot's! Run!!" He yelled, leaping over the cubs and running off to find safety.

Zuri screamed at the sight of the elephants, then flinched when Ahmi almost ran into them. When he yelled at them and ran off, Zuri quickly turned to Kenene. She picked her up the the back of her neck, but she wasn't big enough to run with the younger cub. She tried, but constanly kicked Kenene on accident while running and almost tripped over the cubs body. Zuri gave up on trying to reach the cave and darted for a tree. She put Kenene on the trunk first and started pushing her butt up the tree with her head. "Hurry! Get your butt up that tree!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Koda wasn't nearby, but he could slightly feel the vibrations in the ground. He looked up, alert for the danger. He dug his claws into the earth, seeing a bunch of dust and some large figures of animals. They were awful close to the cave. Koda growled. "Ahmi.." He said knowingly. But Koda couldn't just leave these two cubs, the hunters could be out there.Resisting the urge tto run, he looked at the cubs desperately, hoping they would eat faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.