Shadowlands: The Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koda twitched his ear, looking to the king. The large male sighed, then stood. He padded to the king and lowered his head respectfully. "I'm sorry king. It was my cousin again. I don't know how, but he started an elephant stampeped. during the stampede the hunter found us and killed a tiger cub I was bringing to the pride, Chi's sister." Koda said and looked to the tiger cub Chi to show who he was referring to. Koda stood awkwardly for a moment, then looked at the king. "I... I apologize for my cousins actions. But I refuse to be part of his punishment this time." He said. Usually, Koda had participated in the punishments Ahmi had recieved. He usually felt as if his cousins actions were his fault, like he should have helpes him mature. But now... Koda was angery with his cousin. His stupidity caused a cub to die.

The energy exerted to herding the stampeded away and then worrying over the hunter, had exhausted Barika and she layed down in front of the den, with Kenene snuggled under her chin. The little cub wasn't tired but the day's earlier events had scared her into sticking close to her sister. Barika was kind of happy about that, at least she knew that Kenene wouldn't grow up to be a reckless lioness who constantly courted danger...Like a certain someone who was approaching her with a goofy look on her face.

"Mashika, you're back." Barika said in lieu of greeting. The maned lioness laid down beside the two resting lions. "I am, and I saw many interesting things, does a little Nene want to hear about i--" Mashika was interrupted by Kenene shaking her head vigorously and burrowing deeper into Barika's chest fur.

A pang of hurt hit Mashika and she glanced at Barika for answers. Barika sighed and gave the cub a comforting lick.

"It's not you, earlier today Ahmi started a stamped of elephants. Kenene was there with Zuri, and if not for Jenna they would have been flattened. Then Chriti and I had to force the herd into another direction because they were heading towards the den." Mashika's eyes widened in surprise. "Seriously? How in the world did he start a stamped?" She demanded, but Barika flicked her with her tail to let her know she had more to say. "A hunter found us. It came with a dog and..." The dark lioness paused and glanced down at Kenene who had fallen asleep. "I'll tell you later." Mashika nodded and rested her head on her paws, leaning against Barika slightly.

The tiger noticed Ashura looking at Chi's body, he knew at birth that he was different from all the only lions since he was really young by his mother. The cub stopped for a few seconds when Ashura asked what other cub, he looked around at the other lions when he noticed Zuri. "Well there's Zuri right" The cub awkwardly chuckled as he tried to use the excuse, he held his other paw hoping that the fellow cub wouldn't of noticed the lie.

Ashura suspected the tiger was hiding something she didn't want to bother him about it as much as her curiousity wants to do it. "So i'm guessing you're new to the pride? since i have never seen you around here especially not a cub with black stripes and white fur are you some kind of king cheetah and lion hybrid? or even a zebra hybrid perhaps?" she asked though the last part obviously sounded sarcastic.

Aysi's eyes widened in shock. "They left? But why.. Oh that Tayba. He's always been so... private. Maybe it was wrong making him the next in line." She sighed. "And of course K'wanza and Alari would follow him." There was a little wistful sadness in her eyes. She looked over at Ashura. It seemed her lecture had been rather ironically timed. "How to tell Akua... and Ashura and Zuri." She gave Jenna a steady look. "I will not let anyone leave to look for them. It was his choice to leave, and I don't want to lose anyone else in the pride. We just have to trust that they'll be okay." Her response was calmer than she felt.

Jenna sighed she was a bit glad that Aysi took it well a lot better than she expected "I wont let any of the other pride members know for now i promise and i will tell Eshe to not tell anyone neither" she said before she began walking back to the dens.

Zuri flicks her tail. She had grown bored. The cub padded out of the den, and looks at the sky. Their was pleanty if light out for her. She turns and be ran running off towards one of the smaller and well hidden caves. She had often visited it before since it pretty much only fit her small size. She went here mostly to escape being made fun of for being a runt. The cub crawls inside a way, the cave having a tunnel downward. The tunnel opened to a large room, tint holes in the ceilings allowing light to filter in. she looks around. The cave had bones from past meals for her to play with, scratches on the walls to sharpen her claws, and even pictures she made with fruits. The cub leaped onto a bone and began playing with it, flipping the bones and jumping after them.

The cub didn't know what sarcastic was and even if it was rude. The boy thought but couldn't think of anything. "No i'm just a regular lion, i'm not sure why i look different but i am a lion" He smiled at the lion, happy to meet a new lion cub besides him. The cub then stopped when she heard a loud voice, he looked over to a bigger lion quite big.

"I don't stand for excuses, Ahmi over here this instant" The lion was furious, he now had to make a drastic change that would make everyone think before they do something. "And who are you little one" He looked over at the small tiger cub, he knew this one was new and Koda had brought him back. "Koda what have i told you, you must tell me before letting any animal come to this pride" He looked at Koda, then back at Ahmi growling at the lion.

Koda walked to stand between the king and Chi. "I was going to until I got sidetracked making sure the stampede wouldn't make it to the dens. I'll take care of the cub. He will be my responsibility." Koda said. The way he stood made it evident that he would not let the king get to the cub to make him leave. Koda stood protective of the stripped cub.

Ahmi let out a low growl and jumped down from the top of the cave. He walked in, glaring at the other lions in the cave, his gaze especially shooting daggers at Koda. He snarled at Koda, but stood at the mouth of the cave and looked at the king. "what do you want, you heighness." He spoke, practically hissing out the words 'your heighness', his words dripping with poisonous anger.

"Shut your mouth Ahmi no one here wants to speak with you" Jenna said her tone dripping with venom "You have caused enough chaos and you have already proved your worthlessness ".

Ashura who also glared at Ahmi as he spoke she didn't say anything she then leaned over to the tiger cub and whispered into his ear "One day i swear i will kill him when i'm older he never does anything useful and always cause trouble i'd assume he was the one that caused that stampede".

Ahmi snarled at Jenna, letting out a loud enough roar to cut off Ashura before she could finish her threat. The male flexes his claws his glare cold as ice as he begins growling at her. "if you paid any attention, you would have known that the king spoke to me. But your lost in your own little world like always, and fail to see it is not your place to speak when not addressed directly."

Koda let out a low growl of his own, stepping towards the other male. His claws flexed out, scrapping the ground as he walked. His lips pulled back in a snarl, showing off his unusually long canine teeth. "It's not your place to speak either, Ahmi. You were summoned here, you were not requested to speak. You are here to receive a consiquence for your actions." Ahmi spoke, his voice dangerously low and threatening, daring Ahmi to attack. The two males glared at each other, their eyes cold as ice. They both stood tense, as if to fight at any moment.

The King jumped off the big rock, he walked over to the smaller lion. "Well that's very responsible of you Koda, he may stay only if you take care of him" Akua said to Koda, then faced Ahmi. "You dare talk to our own like that, even when you started a stampede" The lion yelled at the lion, daggering his eyes. "You dare you that attitude at your king, Ahmi" He began growling at the lion, standing tall trying to intimidate the younger lion. He began pushing him with his body. "I have had enough of you, lion"

The tiger focusing at Koda, so he was going to be his guardian, that's very thoughtful but i can't do anything good, i should just leave. The tiger pouted, as Koda joined in the fight. He began walking out of the cave with all of the lions that were fighting not noticing him.

Koda twitched his ear and looks at Chi. The lion sighed and followed behind the cub out the cave. Once put, his body relaxed. He padded up so he blocked the cubs way and smiled down at him. "Sorry about that. Hey, how about I show you around the territory?" He spoke. He sat down. "Actually, where were you going if you don't mind my asking?"

Ahmi didn't back down. His tail lashed with anger at the king. "Don't you dare speak to me about addressing my lions with respect! Especially after one of your own doesn't bother doing so!" The male snarled, eyes glaring at the king. "You should try teaching your own pride manners before getting on my back about it."

The lion was shocked, seeing him not back down to the king. "At least these lions respect each other, except for you who messes up everytime you do a simple task" He growled, his teeth showing, he was furious and couldn't believe him. "Stand down now or you are going to get hurt" The lion roared with his skull touching his.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The lion looked away, trying to avoid the embarrassment.
"You don't need to take care of me, i don't belong here and i don't wanna get in your fur" The tiger passed through his body and began walking over to the exit to the grass.

Koda looked and followed the cub. "You belong here as much as the rest of us, Chi. And it's not a bother to care for you." The male practically purred out his words. "In fact, I want to. It would be my honor to care for you. I would enjoy watching you grow up as if you really were my own cub."

Ahmi snarls at the king. "Tch!" The male growled and walked out the cave, heading back to his spot on top of the cave. Ahmi glanced in Koda and Chi's direction with hatred.

Akua gave a fierce growl, he then watched as the lion backed off. He then stopped growling, he watched him go up the rocks. "For your punishment, you must not leave outside this cave, if you do you will be banished" He roared at the lion, giving daggers to him. He then walked over to Jenna where he sat across from her. "Have you seen K'wanza?"

The lion saddened, he didn't want to get in his way and didn't want him to be a job to take care of him. "Everybody i go close to gets hurt..I..i won't be able to stand it if i get someone else hurt, i don't deserve to live with all of you good lions" He then ran out of the cave trying to get away from Koda, he didn't want him to get hurt like everyone close to him did.

Ashura noticing the tiger run out of course ran after him "Hey Chi where are you going?" she said with a bit of worry in her tone.

Jenna rolled her eyes at Ahmi before turning her attention to the king "You really need to banish him before he does anything that will get anyone else killed he already got a innocent cub killed " she muttered her expression became somewhat saddemed when he asked about K'wanza "Well Aysi will tell you later about Tayba, K'wanza and Alasi".

Koda sighed and ran after the cub. He easily caught up to him and picked the cub up by the back of his neck. He slowed down and set the cub on a rock and stood infront of him. "I will be fine, Chi. So will the pride. We are strong. And I wI'll care for you. Don't you understand? We want you there. I do. What happened to your sister wasnt you fault. It was the hunters. Its what he does. He prays on the weak. And the pride, together, will stop him. And you, Chi, we are all thankful that you are fine. We are glad to have you in the pack. You don't need to worry about how somethung bad will happen. Do you understand, Chi?" He asked, looking Chi in the eyes.

Muhuri awoke from what seemed like an eternal sleep to loud growls and roars in the den, arguing about the weird striped cub and whatnot. Although that cub seemed quite intriguing, and he likes different things, and he would like to know more about the cub, Chi. He ignored the rest of the argument between the king and Ahmi, and instead, follows Koda and Chi out of the den...

Last edited:
Mashika, Barika and Kenene had all dozed off after Barika had given the other lioness a summary of the events of that day, but they were soon awoken by the snarls and roars of Ahmi and the king. Mashika had gotten absolutely livid when Ahmi had shown the king such disrespect, but she was honestly confused about why the king hadn't punished the immature young lion more physically. She wondered if during her time away, the king had gone soft, but she kept those thoughts to herself.

Barika was also concerned about the altercation, but she didn't want Kenene to worry so she sent her to go play with some of the cubs. Although she warned her to keep away from Ashura and Zuri. It wasn't that Barika disliked the two cubs, but Kenene had been following Zuri and almost gotten flatened by an elephant, and Ashura...Well Barika just didn't think Kenene was emotionally strong enough to interact with the sharp tongued cub.

Kenene tread carefully out of the main den. She wanted to go see Zuri, but her sister had specifically told her not to, so she wouldn't. Her eyes lit up with excitement when she spotted Muhuri walking off and she immediately ran over to him and headbutted him playfully. "Hey Muhuri, wanna play? How about tag? Or hide and seek? Or tag and go seek? Or pretend?" She suggested gleefully, jumping and scrambling underneath the older cub's belly. She did that to most of the lionesses all the time and they never seemed to mind because with her small size she didn't hinder their movements. However doing it with another cub was a lot harder and she soon found herself getting tangled up with her own legs and falling flat on her face.

Zuri laid down in her tiny den. Her head rested on her paws and gazed out the top of the tiny holes in the den. She watched the clouds pass over the sky. Her ear twitched slightly. "I wonder if Mama is with the stars. Or do only kings go there?" She asked herself curiously. Her ear twitched at small squeaking sounds and she looked over, spoting a tiny mouse in the corner. Zuri stretches out her paws and tries to pick up the mouse, only to have it scramble away quickly. "darn it.. I just wanna play!" She says and scrambles to her feet, following behind the mouse around the den.

Chi looked up at the adult lion, giving a thankful smile. "Thanks Koda, i really apreciate it, i hope i'm not too much trouble" He then jumped down from the rock he was standing and kept walking when Ashura come up to him. "Oh i was just wandering around, how about you?" He then looked back at Koda smiling at him, he was happy that Koda cared for him, to be honest he finds him more fair then all the lions, even the king himself.

Chi looked up at the adult lion, giving a thankful smile. "Thanks Koda, i really apreciate it, i hope i'm not too much trouble" He then jumped down from the rock he was standing and kept walking when Ashura come up to him. "Oh i was just wandering around, how about you?" He then looked back at Koda smiling at him, he was happy that Koda cared for him, to be honest he finds him more fair then all the lions, even the king himself.

"Well for the moment you shouldn't be wondering around the hunter might still be around here not to mention you might be a prime target since you have white fur and black stripes like a zebra but" she then got closer to Chi whispering something into his ear that Koda can't hear "I do know a place that the hunters never go to or well can't go to ".

Status
Not open for further replies.