Shadowlands: The Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason slowly made his way back to the hill and unstrapped his sniper. He hesitated, however. That lion who had came to the protection of the cub examined him as if trying to memorize him. That didn't stop him completely as the rifle was prepared and loaded. The right time was needed and when the lion began running with the cub in her mouth Jason didn't hesitate to pull the trigger. The sound came as thunder scaring off a flock of birds and smoke drafted with them. If they can remember, let them remember that.

With that Jason and Alex began to retreat. They had a plan in case the lions decided to extract vengeance.

Chikelu felt the lion grab onto her neck, she wanted to help but she can tell that they had it covered. Then the unthinkable happened. A loud gun shot came from the mountains. The tigers ear pulled in and his eyes flinched. Chi opened her eyes, not seeing where the shot was, she moved her head everywhere till her head stopped, she saw her sister shot. "CHURI!" The cub managed to get out of the animals mouth and run over to her sister. Tears ran down her face. She tried to move her but she couldn't get up. "Please move Chu"

Jenna roared again at the hunter before running full sprint at Chikelu and her fallen sibling she swatted Chitkelu away and grabbed Churi by the scruff of her neck "You quickly get on my back" she crouched down "Do it quick or we all die" she commanded.

The cub was in tears, she looked up at the animal grabbing her bleeding sister. Maybe there's still hope. The tiger jumped on the big cats back. Chikelu had been arguing along the road, but she had always loved her sister and she was the only family she had left and would have to travel on the road alone. Chi was on the animal gripped on, but not gripped like she was sticking her claws onto her skin

The anguished roars were the blues to Jason. He was glad that the bullet must have either killed or badly injured the tiger, but the pain the supposed death must have caused. Yet, how could he feel guilty? That tiger wasn't suppose to be in Africa! It could have also grown into a man eater should it have stayed with the lions! The feeling didn't died no matter how much Jason tried with reasons. Jason should have been numb to death by now because of the horrors of war yet why did this death bother him so?

Without another word Jenna ran off into the safety of the tall grass and into a small little den were a adult lion could barely fit in she slowly placed the injured cub on the ground she looked around the area making sure no threats were nearby but the coast was clear at last "So what are your names little odd looking cubs?" she asked.

"My names Chikelu most call me Chi, and this is Churi" She looked back at the injured sister, she tried moving her with her head. "Is she going to be okay" Tears ran down her furred cheeks, hoping that the lion would be alright. "She's my sister, and she means the world to me, please tell me shes okay" The cub licked her head trying to make sure shes alright.

(Where did the bullet hit exactly? and is she even alive?)

Jenna layed down on her belly and wrapped her paws around the injured cub as if it was her own cub "I'm sure she will be alright Chikelu " she said smiling reassuringly at her though she wasn't sure if the cub would make it through but she has to keep her hopes high at least its too early to give up yet.

Kodas eyes widdened when he saw one of the tigercubs injured. He broke into an all put sprint, skidding to a halt. "Churi!!" He breathed heavily, starring at rhethe tiger cubs. 'No, this is my falt . I shouldnt have brought the cubs into harms way. I should have kept them in the safety of the tree. Why did I bring them?! Why?!" Kodas mind swarmed with blame on himself. "Why did I bring them.. it's my fault. Churi, I'm so sorry." The male hung his head in shame.

Ahmi approached slowly to the group around the tiger cubs. He stayed back behind his brother a ways. Ahmi stared at the cubs. Why were they here any way? They weren't part of there pride. They weren't even the same species! Why would Koda drag them? Then again, he started the stampede. But when he heared Koda blame himself, he figured this was the oppertunity to lesson his blame by putting it on his cousin. Sure, it was mean. But he had to. "Koda.. what did you do? You brought cubs here and now ones hurt.."

Jenna glared at Ahmi she knew the tiger cub was gone there was nothing she could do about that. She stood up and walked over to him and not in the friendly manner "You.." she snarled she then walked a bit closer to him she lifted a paw slashed at his face this was not a little scratch not at all "If it wasn't for your stupidity, uselessness and your stupid retarded brain that Chikelu's sister would still be alive and none of this would have happened the elephant stampede wouldn't have happened and the hunter wouldn't have found its way here IF IT WASN"T FOR YOU!" she then roared at his face very clearly mad at him "Hell Ashura is also a trouble maker but unlike you she isn't stupid and retarded and wont cause something like this".

Chriti was right there with the group. She saw the expression on Koda's face and shook her head. "It wasn't your fault, Koda. It shouldn't have happened, but it's not your fault, it's the hunter's. Humans are murderers, cub-killers. That's all there is to it. You couldn't have known. We're not even that close to the border." Seeing Ahmi and hearing his input she turned to face him. She let a low, soft growl rumble forth from her throat. With that as his only warning, she pounced on him, tackling him to the ground, one paw pressing into his throat. "As for you. You have no right to say anything. I don't know exactly what happened out there, but it was easy to tell who caused it. You nearly got two cubs killed, and then you abandoned them! If Jenna hadn't been there, they could've died. If you dare do anything that stupid again, I'll feed you to the buzzards myself." It was an empty threat, she'd never really kill him... probably... but she was sure it conveyed her anger properly. "Got it?"

Ahmi glanced at Jenna when she first addressed him, then his eyes widdened as she got closer. The strike was also a surprise and it caused him to back up slightly, his body crouching. His claws cane out and he let out a low growl. He stood up and opened his mouth to talk back but he had gotten tackled to the floor by Chriti. He tried to growl but she pressed her paw to his throat and all be could do was gag for air. He attempted to swipe her off, but his paws hardly grazed her. Downside of being short.

Kodas ear twitched when Ahmi spoke. He wanted to turn and growl at him, to yell at him that he shouldn't have been so stupid and reckless. He wanted to tear his cousin to pieces at that moment, but Jenna and Chriti had beaten him to it. Koda flattened his ears, his gaze changing from sourow to menacing. What gave Ahmi the right to judge him?! And once again, Ahmi made a mess and Koda was the one paying the consequence. He had to dig his claws in place to keep him from pushing past Jenna and Chriti and challenge Ahmi.

Zuri slowly began creeping, but jumped back and pushed Kenene back with her at the sound of thunder. When it died down she looked out, but noticed to storm clouds. She headed someone yell, spotting a tiger cub running towards another tiger cub. But this one looked off. Sniffing the air, she caught a sharp sense of blood. Zuri ran out to see what had happened. By the time she approached, Ahmi had been hit and struken down by Jenna and Chriti. She hesitantly stepped towards them. Ahmi was a friend in a way, and she was to blame too. "I-It's not his fault..! If I didn't go along with his plan and found a mouse, it wouldn't have happened..! I knew elephants were big creatures, I just didn't know how big. I-I wanted to see them up close so I agreed to find the mouse for him..! A-and I was the one that brought Kenene with, not him..!"

Chriti's gaze softened and she put her pressure off of Ahmi, moving over towards Zuri. "It's alright, Zuri. You didn't know. You've never seen them before, and Ahmi made it seem like it was okay." She shot him another poisonous glance. "He's an adult, but you're just a cub. He should've known better." She didn't bother looking at him, though the comment was clearly directed at him. "C'mon you, let's get you washed." She said, voice gentle again as she picked the cub up by the scruff of her neck. She didn't want the child to see anymore of the dead tiger.

Jenna glared down at the lion on the ground and growled "You don't deserve to be in this pride, you don't deserve a pride to be in, you don't deserve your own mate, family or cubs" she then lowered her head slightly "You deserve to die a lion like you needs to be gotten rid of for the sake of keeping the pride safe and alive" she said maliciously "I may not be queen or princess of the pride but all pride members could agree that you need to leave".

At Zuri's confession, Barika narrowed her eyes and pulled Kenene closer to her. The small cub let out a low whimper and pressed herself to her sister's chest, still afraid but also fearing for her friend's well being. Well--Zuri's well being. Kenene didn't know Ahmi that well, but she didn't think he deserved to be hit.

"It's not Zuri's fault," Kenene mumbled and then cleared her throat to speak up. "I followed her, I could have gone back to the den, so it was my choice--"She was interrupted by Barika giving her a quick lick. "Hush, little one. I understand. Let's go." She murmured s she picked her sister up and began padding out of the cave. She paused upon hearing Jenna's words and shook her head slowly, trying to not jostle Kenene. "I do not agree with you on that Jenna. Ahmi made a mistake. Yes, he was stupid, but he doesn't deserve to be thrown out on his own. He just needs a sufficient and reasonable punishment. Either way, it's up to the King and Queen."

Zuri flattened her ears when Chriti picked her up. She glances over to Ahmi, then to Koda and the two lion cubs. At first she was confused why the other didn't move, but then realization came over her when she noticed that cub was the source of the blood. Zuri forced herself to look away from them. The trip back to the den was silent for her, she didn't speak. She just wanted the day over with, she wanted to sleep for a thousand moons.

Ahmi flinched at Jennas words, pushing himself up on his feet. He looked to Koda, hoping for the male to defend him but Koda stood in silence next to the two cubs. Ahmi lifted a paw and brushed it against his face. Four, long clawmarks ran down the side of his cheek just barely missing his eye. Ahmi resisted the urge to growl at the lioness, but did bare his teeth in anger. He figured a fight would make it worse, and he wasnt positive he could win a fight against an angery lioness. Ahmi lowered himself to the ground, slowly backing away. He gave one last look at Koda, who didn't return his gaze, then turned and ran back towards the dens. He wasn't going inside, instead he made his was on top of the cave.

Jenna letted out a low roar at Ahmi before turning her attention back to the cubs and sighed "All of you let's go back to the main den we had a long day and all of you need rest and most likely food but for now lets just all take a break alright?" she said softly making her way back to the dens her head somewhat low.

Ahmi twitched his ears at Jennas words and his head hung low. His thresnening gaze left, and now he just looked sad and exauhsted. His tense body relaxed, but only slightly. He looked at the den, then at the cubs. "Chi, I understand if you don't wish to speak to me after this. But you are welcome to join the pride. I'm sure the King and Queen wouldn't mind having you. And your sister.. I'll move her for you." He said in a gentle voice. He turned his gaze away, he couldn't look at either of them.

"Koda this wasn't your fault, we both would of died if you left us there, Churi went to the cave" Tears went down the cubs face, she rested her head on top of her. The cub laid it's head on her sisters stomach, she couldn't hear her breathing. "Shes not breathing" The cub tried moving her with her head. "Churi wake up, wake up please Churi, wake up!" The cub getting angered and louder after repeating it again and again. She didn't know what she would do without her big sis watching her back. She had been through hell these last moons and she didn't want a bullet messing this all up.

Koda stood in silence for a moment as Chi tried to make her sister wake. He stepped to them, gently moving Chi away with his paw and picking her up by the back of her neck. He carried the cub back to the den, glancing back at Churi. It didn't take him long to get there and he set the cub beside Jenna. "I'll be back.. keep her here." He said and turned back, running to Churi's body. Approaching the still body, he hesitantly picked it up and carried it away from the dens. He decided to bring it to the place where the pride had kept the lions that didn't live to see the birth of the prince.

Status
Not open for further replies.