Searching for Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucinda nodded and cast a final, powerful lightening strike. She had poured most of her magic into that single strike and she managed to finish it off. She started to pant a bit and felt drained. "W-we did it!" she said with a weak smile. she was covered in sweat and seemed a bit shaky, but for the most part she seemed alright. "You should....get that door locked....right?" she asked, "I can keep stuff....away until...you're done." She took a few deep breaths to calm herself and she started to feel a bit better.

Rea shook her head. She had a lot to teach the girl about her magic. "Here." She handed the girl a bottle of elixir. "It will help restore your magic. You did great there kid." She ruffled the girl's hair before turning to the door. With a sigh, the redhead lifted her keyblade, focusing solely on the door. She narrowed her eyes in concentration, a large amount of power drawing from her before transferring into the keyblade. A thin light shot between the keyblade and the lock. A 'click' was heard before the light disappeared. A few seconds passed before Rea collapsed, completely exhausted. She panted as she tried to lean on her keyblade, the moons and stars just barely keeping her from falling face forward. Slowly, the heartless started to retreat.

Lucinda took the bottle and drank the elixir and felt a bit better. "Thanks." She said as she walked towards the door. she watched her lift her blade and "lock" the door. She saw Rea collapse and rushed to catch her. "Come on, let's get back to my room," she said as she scared off the heartless near them. She wrapped one of Rea's arms around her shoulders and smiled. "We make a good team." Legacy and Tachyon rushed up to the roof with Jim shortly behind. They saw the two there and hurried over, Legacy attempting to lift Rea from Lulu's shoulders. "Ya did good kids," Jim said with a slight smirk.

Normally, Rea would just reject all of the help, but she was too tired. "'M not a kid... 'm 21..." She protested, letting whoever wanted to carry her sorry ass carry her or help her. She just wanted to sleep or rest or something. Her keyblade had disappeared by now. "Any'ne got s'me alcohol?" She murmured. Once she was old enough to drink, she always awarded herself a shot of something for every job well done. This definitely seemed like a job well done to her.

Legacy smiled as he picked up a very tired Rea. Jim then pulled out a flak and held it to her lips. "I'd say you deserve it. " he said, "it's whiskey." Licinda sighed and started to head to her room to allow the "grownups" to talk. She wasn't tired but she needed a shower and that was what she planned on doing.

Rea smiled and took a swig of the alcohol, taking the flask from Jim to drink before handing it back. "Thanks." She said before passing out. A small beeping came from Rea's left hand where a large bracelet, or at least a cuff it seemed, flashed a tiny green light. It beeped for a few moments before stopping, however the light remained.

Legacy decided to leave the bracelet alone as he carried her to Lucinda's guest room. She was tucked into bed and Lulu ate some dinner with the rest of them. Once dinner was done she headed to the shower. She headed into her suite and sighed. She took her shower and after she was clean she just sat in the water, just wanting to relax. She wondered what that bracelet was as she sat there, it really wasn't any of her business but she couldn't help but be curious.

It took a while, but Aaron finally found where Rea was at. The 22 year old knew that the girl would be reckless enough to injure herself to the point of passing out, so he put the bracelet on her. Even if she refused to partner with him after the Logan incident, he still worried about the girl. So he tracked her down when she got to that point. Finding a large tower under lockdown, he smirked. An easy hacking job and he was in. The brunet snuck through the tower, trying to find his injured friend. So far he had found no heartless, which was a great thing. However, it didn't give him too much reassurance.

Door after door, everything seemed to lead to a dead end until finally he found his favorite redhead knocked out on a bed. Her hair was a mess, and she was obviously tired. The man shook his head before carefully taking the girl from her bed. She stirred, curling up in Aarons' arms before falling back asleep. The mysterious man gave Rea a tender smile before grabbing her bag. It was time to get her back to her gummy ship and hopefully back home to their base. Even a lone wolf like her still came back to the pack sometimes.

guy-1-1-1.jpg

Lucinda had been in her room half asleep when she heard someone enter her suite. she quickly got up and grabbed her staff. She rushed out of her room to spy someone carrying Rea! "who are you?!" she demanded as she readied a spell, "And what are you doing with Rea?!" She glared at the young man as she stood there. She was ready to make a dash towards the door though he couldn't have known. She had faint transparent wings coming from her feet, having used a spell to make herself faster. "You put her down right now!"

"Calm down, calm down, I ain't hurting her." Aaron said, taking a step back. "I see you know Rea. I'm Aaron. I'm one of Rea's companions." The brunet kept a gentle grip on Rea, hoping the girl wouldn't wake up. "I'll put her back in the bed if you promise to keep quiet. She needs to sleep." He was nearly whispering, though there was no weapon in his hand.

Lucinda glared at him. "Put her down, NOW," She hissed in a soft voice, "I don't care who you are. You're not taking my friend!" She looked ready to attack at the slightest wrong move. She was far to used to evil people coming in and trying to capture someone and she certainly wasn't going to let Rea be taken. She was tired herself but she was trying not to show it, ready to scream if he tried to touch her. The spell she had ready would trigger an alarm so someone would come quickly. She had no idea how he got in, but she knew how he was gonna get out.

Aaron smiled and walked back to the bed, setting the red head down with the utmost care. "Alright, she's back in bed, I ain't touching her." He held his hands up, trying to keep things peaceful. Who would have thought little Rea was already making friends? Though, she was probably mother bear to the girl considering how much the younger looked like the keyblade wielder's sister. The brunet glanced back down at Rea, wishing she would wake up and explain to him what was going on, maybe he could finally get that makeup kiss in while he was at it. He hadn't seen her since the fight anyways so why not make up now when she finally was in one place for more than just a few hours.

"Now outta my room! No boys allowed!" Lucinda snapped with a firm glare, "If you're nice I might not tell my Uncle! He'll hog tie you and make you eat chili so spicy you'll breathe fire out your nose!" She didn't like this strange guy and she certainly didn't like him in her room. She rarely let any guys in her room outside of her Uncle Jim. She didn't trust that he just waltzed in without setting off any alarms. The tower had been in lockdown, how had he gotten in? the orb on her staff started to glow as she stood there, ready to attack.

Well this wasn't good. Aaron needed to get Rea back to her gummy ship. What to do... What to do... "Look, I can't leave her here. You see, she just locked this world's heart, right? Well, if I don't get her to the right equipment, she won't wake up for a month." Aaron explained, dead serious. "And by the time she does wake up, at least twenty more worlds will be dead." A little part of him was mad at him lying, but another part was praying and hoping this worked. "So, I need to leave with her, now."

Lucinda heard him speak but could hardly believe it. How could it take her a MONTH to wake up? She readied her spell as she glared at him, tears filling her eyes. "Th-then I'm going too!" She retorted, "I owe her my life!" She looked like she was about to cry as she stood there, nearly ready to attack. "And I promised her I'd help!" She looked about ready to start bawling...or cast the spell. It was hard to tell from her posture. She didn't want to leave in the middle off the night like this but she owed it to Rea. She was saved by her and promised to help her find her little sister.

Aaron was not expecting that. He looked around for another excuse. Just as he was going to explain why she had to stay there, he was tackled by a certain sleepy redhead. Rea glared at Aaron as she held her keyblade at his throat. "You have five seconds to-" She stopped her threat when she realized who was underneath her. "Aaron...?" She questioned, her keyblade disappearing.

Aaron gave Rea a very soft smile. "Hey, Rea... Long time no see?" He watched as her eyes watered before... SLAP! The redhead hit Aaron hard enough to make his head turn to the side very quickly. The boy slowly put a hand to his cheek. Rea kept her head down, shaking as she sat on Aaron, pining the boy to the town.

Lucinda nearly started bawling when Rea suddenly tackled him. She put her staff down and heard her seemingly recognize the stranger. She then heard the slap, she raised her staff again ready to alert the others. She then looked at Rea. "R-Rea, you okay? Want me to get Uncle Jim?" She asked as she tried to put her brave face on. She didn't know why Rea had slapped him, nor why she didn't look up but she wanted to make sure she was okay.

Rea took a deep breath as she stood up. "No... No, I'm fine." She said, keeping her back to Lucinda. "I just need to talk to Aaron alone for a little while, alright?" She was nearly crying, but it didn't sound like it. No, she looked completely fine, albeit fairly tired. "Go back to sleep. He'll be gone by morning." She said, watching as he stood up. Aaron was at least a head taller than Rea, however, Rea was the one with a weapon.

"O-okay...." Lucine said softly as she lowered her staff. She reluctantly headed to her own room. She put her staff down and curled up on her bed. It took her a while but she eventually fell asleep. She wasn't exactly happy about sleeping and was pretty mad at the Aaron fellow, he lied to her and she hated people who lied. She didn't have a very good dream as she slept, she dreamt she was all alone in the dark again. She started to sob as she lay there in her sleep.

Rea sighed as she finished her argument with Aaron, sending him to his gummy ship. She heard the sobs and sighed. Poor Lucinda. She grabbed the teddy bear left near her bed earlier before walking to Lulu's room. She took the bear and slowly slipped it into the girl's arms, hoping it would help calm the girl down.

Status
Not open for further replies.