Searching for Light

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucinda took a little extra time to say farewell, particularly to Jim. She then took a deep breath. "Yeah. I'm ready," She said with a small smile. It was a bit hard for her to say goodbye but she knew she'd have to at some point. She'd always wanted to search for that strange older sister that she may or may not even have. She wanted to find her family and she was certain traveling with Rea would help, if nothing else it would be good experience for her.

"Alright, let's go find my ship." Rea said, waving before leaving the building and walking out onto the streets. "Now, I know I landed somewhere near a junk yard..." She bit her lip as she tried to remember just where her ship had landed. It definitely wasn't near this tower, and it was nearer to the slums than any other place around here that she knew of.

"The Junkyard? That's clear on the other side of the city! We're gonna wanna take the subway or a cab or something," Lucinda said with a frown, "And not exactly in the best neighborhood..... Ah well, let's just hope we don't run into Spite.....he's terrifying." She took Rea's hand and pulled a hood up that actually appeared to be attached to her backpack. "I can't stand the sun in my eyes," She muttered quietly. She started to walk with her as she thought about how they could get there.

"No clue who Spite is, but we'd be best to avoid most people." Rea nodded as she looked for the subway. She smiled as she found it, grabbing her wallet to take out her munny. "Alright, you're gonna need to help me here." She said, looking at the map as she tried to figure out where was what and how to get where she was suppose to go.

Lucinda smiled and showed her the route they would need to take. "It's a confusing city, luckily Uncle Jim and Uncle Haka have had to take me home before from that side of town. Haka's too big for cars and uncle Jim doesn't understand how they work." She giggled a bit as she thought about it, "But anyways we need to take this blue one to the purple one here and then ride it until we get to the seventh stop. Then we should be close enough." She pointed at the map as she explained the route to her.

"Doesn't understand cars?" Rea raised an eyebrow. "He would have a time trying to work the gummi ship then..." She listened to the instructions before nodding and getting her subway ticket. "Alright... sounds easy enough..." Rea nodded to herself as they boarded the subway train. She tapped her foot nervously as she found a place to stand, looking around at the people on the train.

"He's a cowboy....kinda have to expect it," Lulu said as they entered the train. As the train lurched into motion she hardly moved. "Anyways this should get us there pretty quickly. You don't really like crowded places do you?" She noticed Rea tapping her foot and seeming almost jumpy as they rode the train. She looked relaxed as they traveled, she wasn't really phased by the crowds though she did try to hide her face a bit with her hood. She didn't like anyone really knowing who she was, as far as she saw it people knowing who she was would just cause trouble. She wanted to be able to go out and about without having to worry about being approached by random people for stupid reasons like getting a signature for them or taking a picture with them like her uncles and aunts.

"What? No, I'm just not used to them." Rea responded way too quickly. Of course she hated crowded places. She hated a lot of things, honestly. Though, crowded places made her feel uneasy. Too many people could get hurt and it was just a buffet for heartless waiting to happen. She couldn't fight well here without either injuring somebody or causing a lot of heartless to be born. She nearly jumped when a guy brushed past her, going to a seat. She held the pole that kept people up a little tighter, keeping an eye out.

"It'll be fine," Lucinda smiled as she assured her, "We'll be at our transfer station in just a few stops. The next train is much quieter. a lot less people head out to the slums." She put a hand on Rea's shoulder, "I know how scary it is to have so many civilians around. Trust me I understand that." She looked relaxed as they continued along. When their stop came she helped Rea off the train and showed her to the next one.
((sorry it's short))

((That's fine!))

Rea gave a small smile as she followed a girl. After a quick ride, they ended up near the junkyard. "Alright! Now to the ship." She walked toward the back of the junkyard, the edge of the city. Hidden amongst the junk was a red blocky looking ship. It didn't look too aerodynamic, but it at least had wings. "There she is!" She found a keyboard and punched in a few numbers, opening the door. Standing near the doorway, Aaron was eating a sandwich and wearing a pair of slacks and a wife beater.

"Oh! Hey Rea!" Came the muffled exclamation as Aaron quickly swallowed his food. "Sorry about crashing in your ship, but the King sent a message. He wants me to stay with you two after I told him about the whole you passing out incident. Also, congrats on locking your first heart." The boy said, looking back at Lucinda after his message with a wave. "Sorry for scaring you the first time."

Lucinda looked at the ship and couldn't help but giggle a little at the site of the ship. However, when she saw Aaron her smile turned to a scowl. She really didn't like him. When he waved and tried to apologize she simply glared. She started to shuffle her feet as she walked right up to him. When her finger got close to his nose a VERY strong static shock shot from her finger to his nose, she then stomped his foot and glared up at him. "You're a liar," She growled.

"Gah! Geez, it was one god damn lie!" The boy tried to flatten his now shocked hair, watching as Rea walked past him. "Rea..." He sighed as he reached a hand out. "I'm sorr-"

"I already told you that I forgive you, didn't I?" Rea said, looking over at Aaron with an almost sad smile. "Though, you could have at least contacted me." She gave him a small pinch before moving to the cockpit. "Alright, let's get this show on the road! First stop, Olympus Coliseum!" She input the coordinates before getting ready to take off, happy to be back in her own ship.

Lucinda made sure she sat as far away from Aaron as she could, she didn't like him and it showed on her face. She really didn't care where they were going in honesty, she just wanted to be rid of Aaron as soon as possible. She mostly hated the lie he had told her, it had honestly worried her more than she'd ever felt before. It had scared her, the thought that Rea wouldn't have woken up for a whole MONTH. She looked like quite the grumpy camper as she sat down, completely ignoring Aaron, her arms crossed and a scowl seemingly affixed on her face.

Rea glanced back at the two before sighing. "You know, he's not leaving any time soon. Plus, this ship is run on smiles and alcohol. We're low on alcohol so smiles is all we got." She gave a smile to try and prove her point as they started to exit the atmosphere to get to the next world.

Aaron smiled, shaking his head. "Don't worry, Rea. I'll be back." He stood up to go back towards the back of the ship. He seemed to hesitate, looking at the redhead longingly before leaving the two alone.

Lulu looked at her with a frown. "Hard to smile when you can't trust someone. It's one thing to tell a little lie to protect someone. When you go past that you start a very slippery slope," She said quietly before she put in earbuds, hidden by both her hair and the hood, and curled up where she sat. She didn't trust Aaron as far as she could throw him. She kept switching the song until she found one that could make her smile. She sat there quietly as she listened to the music.

Rea glanced back at Lucinda before looking back at the path ahead. This was going to take a while. "So, Lucinda, Since we're going to be travelling together for a while, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself?" The red head pressed a few buttons, letting the automatic firearms take care of the block creatures flying through the space between the worlds.

"Okay.....ummm because of my homeschooling I've got quite a knowledge of science and history mostly...I did a little part time research in aunt Tachyon's labs......Ummm I'm terrible at things like art and creative writing, My magic is a bit unstable and I can only cast certain spells which are dependent on my staff...." Lulu replied as she looked thoughtful, "Uhhh.... I'm not very athletic and I've always got music with me..." She had taken out her earbuds when she heard Rea speak and she finally removed her hood. "There's not a whole lot to know really. I can't remember stuff from when I was little....."

"Ah, that explains it a little more." Rea nodded when she mentioned unstable magic. "We'll have to work on that a little... Heartless can be ruthless sometimes." She noted as she dodged an enemy ship smoothly. "So, feeling alright? Any air sickness or the like?" The red head asked as she neared the planet. Just fifteen more minutes and they would be on Olympus Coliseum.

"No, I've got a stomach of steel. I never get motion sick or anything," Lulu replied, "That's what I've been focusing on for almost a year now. Most of the time my time's been spent in study." She sighed a bit as she thought about it. She rarely ever left the tower....with their permission. She was kind of excited about going somewhere completely new. She rolled her shoulders a bit and sighed again.

Rea nodded and was about to land when something hit the ship. "Shit!" The red head yelled, trying to stabilize the ship as it freaked out. Aaron ran from the bathroom when he heard the yell, having finished up washing his hands. "Help me, god damn it!" The girl yelped, focusing on steering the ship, afraid if she let one hand go then the thing would end up crashing somewhere unpleasant.

Aaron nodded as he took the copilot seat, turning on buttons and flipping switches. "The engine's blown!" The brunet told Rea.

"What?!" Rea didn't have time to receive an answer as they crashed into the dirt, Aaron quickly shielding Rea incase they slammed into a building. They stopped just shy of a great olive tree. Aaron refused to move, his arms nearly around Rea.

Status
Not open for further replies.