Searching for Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh....uhhh right....though technically that would be uncle Jim's department but uhhh....Legacy....TAchyon...I'm going to go with Rea." Lucinda said slightly uneasy.
"What?! You most certainly are not!" Said Tachyon as a scowl crossed her face, "You aren't going anywhere!"
"I owe her and besides, she needs help looking for her little sister! I want to prove to you that I'm old enough to take care of things! Besides....It's not like you're my parents or anything!" She snapped.
Legacy frowned while Tachyon seemed a bit shocked at Lucinda's response. Tachyon went to object but Legacy placed a hand on her shoulder and shook his head. "I think she should go. It will be good experience for her... and she needs a chance to find her real family." He said softly, "But we need to ask Jim first."

Rea winced, this conversation seemingly eerily familiar to one she had had with Master Rafiq. "A bit harsh there, Lucinda... but at least I'll finally have a good travelling buddy. Thank you both for the hospitality so far. For now, if it's alright with everyone, I'm going to clean off my sweat and hopefully find an empty room to stay in. I think you guys should discuss things a little more without me." She smiled before finishing off her fourth piece of pizza and leaving the table. The girl took her backpack, which was surprisingly small, and headed off to look for the showers and hopefully get cleaned off.

Legacy looked at Lucinda, "Why don't you show her to your suite....we'll...call Jim." He said. Lucinda nodded and hurried after Rea. She took her hand and looked at her. "Yeah it might be harsh....but it was true... You'll have to stay with me. We don't exactly have a lot of bedrooms around here. My suite's the only one," She explained as she led the way, "I want you to know I'm gonna help in any way I possibly can. I'm not sure how helpful I'll be but my magic is pretty good."

Rea was glad Lucinda was leading her around and chuckled. "I'm sure you'll be loads of help. You can start by showing me the nearest bathroom with a working shower." She smiled as she let the girl lead the way, unsure of what was going to happen next, but knowing that whatever happened, she now had a companion, finally!

Lucinda showed Rea to her suite. It looked like a ritzy hotel suite though it was painted in pastel colors. She then led her into the bathroom which had a large tub and separate shower. "Here we are. Home." she said quietly. She left her to the bathroom, having gestured to a pile of fluffy green towels that sat in the corner. She sat down in her sitting room with a sigh. She'd have to talk to her Uncle Jim soon and get him to let her go.

Rea whistled. "And I thought Beast's castle was fancy. It's nothing compared to this." The keyblade wielder dropped her bag before digging out a few things and disappearing into the bathroom. "Tell your relatives thank you for me if you see them!" She called out before turning the shower on. She tore off her clothes as she hopped into the warm water, wiping off the sweat and dirt of the day.

Lucinda shrugged before heading off to talk with her adopted family. They had quite a bit to chide her on, even her uncle Jim returned from his mission to talk to her about this. They didn't want her to rush off with some stranger but they also understood what she wanted to do. She really wanted to help Rea find her missing sister, Lulu didn't have family of her own but she was determined to help make Rea's whole again.

After finishing her shower, Rea went to find Lucinda, hoping things were going well. She wondered who this Uncle Jim was. Was he nice? He seemed to be the main caretaker for Lucinda so he better be or Rea would have to do some... 'talking' to him. Master Rafiq's voice was chastising her as she thought of the ways to beat up this man who in her mind would dare hurt Lucinda or any child/newly adult.

When Rea finally found Lucinda she was sitting on the lap of a cowboy who seemed to be protective of her. He was glaring at legacy and Tachyon.
"If she feels the need to go you shouldn't be stopping her," He said calmly, "You two need to stop coddling her, she's old enough to make this choice."
Lucinda looked at him and smiled a little. Jim appeared to be a tough and rough guy on the outside but it was clear that he had a soft spot for Lulu. He ruffled her hair as he moved her off his lap and stood up. He then noticed Rea walk in and looked at her. "You must be Rea. My name is Jim." he said as he tipped his hat to her.

Chrono-Ranger.png

Rea smiled and nodded back to him. "Nice to finally see one of Lucinda's family of superheroes is actually a badass." The red haired girl crossed her arms behind her head, stretching her still slightly damp body. "It's great to meet you. From what I heard, you know that I want Miss Lucinda here to travel with me, correct?" She tilted her head, moving her arms to cross in front of her chest.

Jim chuckled as she spoke. He nodded as he mentioned Lucinda leaving with her. "Yup. But first, I hear you're the only one that can stop those creatures. Get rid of them and she can go." He said with a smile. He couldn't help but find the red-head to be a good match for Lucinda, she was certainly more calm and seemed protective, Lulu needed that.

Rea faltered just the slightest. "Alright! Fair enough." Her smile was a little more forced as she quickly said, "NowallIneedtodoisfindthedoorthatneedstobelocked and we'll all be good!" She had no idea where to look for this door, heck this was the first door she had locked! They never got close on the other worlds. She rocked on the balls of her feet, hoping something would happen so she could get out of this God forsaken awkwardness! However, there was no immediate escape for the girl unless a super villain came or something. Which was unlikely.

Jim smiled. "Never easy is it?" he chuckled, "You two look tired. Head on upstairs and rest, or braid each others hair, or whatever it is you girls do to bond." He ruffled Lucinda's hair as she got up.
"Right....that doesn't sound to bad Eh Rea?" Lulu smiled at her and took her hand. It felt almost natural to take her hand and walk off, leading her away from the group. The three went back to their discussion on the creatures though Legacy and Tachyon both objected strongly to letting Lulu leave with Rea.

Rea let Lucinda drag her to the room with a yawn. "We're not going to braid each other's hair, right?" She asked, worried. That was one thing she had never really gotten about girls becoming friends. Did they really have to touch each others' hair? Plus her hair was wet. Wet hair was completely gross. The red head looked back at the three before being led out of sight.

"Right. I don't even know HOW to braid hair," Lucinda replied. It was true, she'd never really braided anyone's hair. Oh she liked hers to be braided from time to time but she didn't see it as a bonding ritual or anything. She gave a soft yawn once they were in her room and she led Rea to her bedroom. "This is my room." she said as she gestured around. The bed was a full sized one covered in pastel blue sheets and stuffed animals, each of which were wearing a cowboy hat and had a sheriff badge.

Rea nodded. "I see you like cowboys." She said, wondering if this had anything to do with the blonde girl's uncle. "Welp, might as well get some sleep then. I'll see you later!" She waved as she walked back to where she hoped her 'room' was. The girl was ready to hit the sack and just fall asleep. She ran a hand through her hair, stretching out as she yawned.

Lucinda looked back at her. "wh....no...These-" She started before she walked out of her bedroom. She frowned as Rea found the guest room. it was decorated in neutral colors and looked fairly grown up. Lulu sighed and hunkered down in her own bed, the lights turning off on their own. With a soft sigh she shut her eyes and fell asleep.

Rea smiled and nodded before falling on the bed and curling up underneath the covers. She fell asleep nearly instantly, only for nightmares to start. Ah nightmares, the only constant companion Rea had. The latest one was just a mix-match.

She was falling, the small hand reaching for her own. "Rea! Rea!" The small voice was yelling. "Help me!" She couldn't move. She was drowning, heartless were surrounding her. "Rea, help!" She couldn't help. Her arms were tied, being torn apart. Her light was gone.

"You're a failure!" This was an older voice, the same age as her. Male. "You couldn't save me! You couldn't even save Master Rafiq! You don't deserve the keyblade!" Self doubt was a mean mistress. Her body was becoming cold yet flaming.

The red head was shivering and sweating, clenching the sheets as she mouthed apologies. She was crying, of course she was crying. Nightmares are a bitch like that.

Lulu shivered as she slept. She often had dreams of being surrounded in darkness and glowing yellow eyes. She curled up tightly and felt all of her stuffed animals around her. It reminded her of uncle Jim. He rescued her from the darkness, literally plucking her out of thin air. It was then that she was taken care of by the strange man. At first it was just her and Jim, she never really understood what he was doing but he would often leave her in the care of a strange robot who would ask her questions about how she felt or why she would cry. He had even asked her why she was afraid of the dark. Thanks to him she had conquered most of her fear of the dark.

"No!" The shout was short and sweet. Rea panted before getting out of bed and running to Lucinda's room. She nearly threw open the door, not caring if the girl woke up. She had to be safe, she better be safe! Rea stared at Lucinda as she breathed heavily. She was fine, she was fine. The older girl had never gotten over the nightmares or fears, Master Rafiq never knowing of them. She simply just stayed awake for as long as possible until she crashed. The girl was okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.