Searching for Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lulu woke up the moment the door was thrown open. She sat up and looked over at the door. "Huh? Wha? We under attack?" she mumbled as she rubbed her eyes, "Rea what are you doing?" She looked quite tired but she tried to wake herself up. Her hair puffed out around her having gotten tangled from sleeping. She stared at Rea, what had her so freaked out, she wondered. Rea seemed so freaked out, did this have to do with her missing sister? Did an alarm go off and she didn't hear it?

"No! No, um...." Rea needed an excuse. She didn't expect the girl to actually wake up. Her haggard appearance spoke volumes as she quickly came up with a lie. "I was sleepwalking! Accidently walked here. Sorry to wake you." She moved to leave only to trip over a loose rug and fall face first into the ground. The red head groaned as she slowly pulled herself back up, her body complaining as she only got three hours of sleep so far.

Lucinda got up, taking a bear with her, and walked over to Rea. "Are you scared of being alone too?" she asked softly as she stood before her, "I don't like being by myself either. Here, take Sheriff Arthur. He'll protect you from whatever you're afraid of." She smiled a little as she held out the bear. This bear was different from the others, it was black while all of the other stuffed animals were light colors. At first she had been afraid of the black bear as a child, as it was the first one Jim gave her, but eventually she saw him as a protector.

Rea blinked as she stared at the bear. She smiled at the sentiment. "It's alright... I just needed to make sure you were alright. Keep your bear." She ruffled the girl's hair before heading back out. "Thank you for the offer though, Lucinda. Don't worry about me, though. I've been alone for a bit too long to be afraid of it anymore." With one last smile, the red head left to her room, feeling herself start to cry again. She hopefully would try to get back to sleep. However, that endeavor might not work as she had planned.

Lulu frowned as Rea walked away. She followed her and left the bear at the foot of the bed. She then didn't even wait for a response before she turned around and went back to her own room. She once more hunkered down in her bed, surrounded by stuffed animals. She actually fell asleep pretty quickly, having been quite tired still. Her dreams went back to those of a peaceful nature. She vaguely remembered her sister in them, a kind older figure who played with her and made her happy.

As the night and finally day wore on, it was at least 9 o' clock and Rea wasn't up. She had finally gotten a night's sleep without too many nightmares. She slept curled up and hugging a pillow, the teddy bear still at the end of her bed. She was drooling a little bit, her hair a mess. Though her stomach would wake her up soon, the redhead enjoyed her sleep for now. It was a very rare respite.

Lucinda got up at seven as she always did, ate breakfast, but instead of watching TV or playing games she decided to get some training in. The others were fairly impressed about her determination to be helpful and to improve her skills. After all, they couldn't leave until this world was safe which meant she'd have to fight those creatures again. She wasn't about to slack off now, with her earbuds in and music blasting in her ears she trained on her own for now.

"Stop!" Rea shouted, panting as she woke up. She stayed still for a moment, keyblade in hand as she waited for an attack. Tick... Tick... Nothing. Rea was completely still before finally getting out of the bed and into the shower. She was sweaty and needed to clean off. The redhead quickly started the warm water, stripping down and taking a shower.

Unbeknownst to the people in the tower, the heartless had started to gather near the tower. They started to try and tear the door down, so far failing. They seemed a bit more desperate than usual to get inside, forgetting some of their own abilities.

As soon as the doors were attacked the entire tower went into a locked down mode. All of the tower was reinforced with steel plates. Legacy and Tachyon both went on high alert. Jim didn't like this and went to get Lulu, once she was made aware of the situation she hurried to her suite to find Rea. "Rea! Rea!" she shouted, "We're under attack by the heartless!" She looked around and soon heard the shower. She knocked on the bathroom door. "We'll be okay for a little while but please hurry up!"

"What?!" Rea nearly screamed, shutting off the shower and grabbing a towel, quickly drying off before throwing some clothes on. She summoned her keyblade as she burst out of the room. "They can't be coming here yet! It would take me using my keyblade twenty-four seven for them to follow it! Unless-" A few heartless slipped past the barrier. "That's it! Come on!" Rea ran off to find God knew what. Heartless started to crop up, most being banished by Star Seeker.

Lucinda followed her, occasionally casting a small spell here and there to help out. She was a bit worried about why Rea seemed so frantic however she decided to continue to follow her. She kept following her through the halls. "Where are we going?" she asked, "What's going on? Rea, tell me!" she pleaded as they ran, she was still a bit tired from having been training for several hours. Tachyon and Legacy had no idea what was going on, they'd never tried to get in there before. Jim didn't like the feeling of this all.

"The top of this tower! I found the door to the world's heart!" Rea yelled back, slicing through more of the creatures. The waves just kept coming, but the red head was not fazed. If anything, she felt a bit of deja vu, her mind taking her back to the first time she had attempted this. Funny, it was in a tower too. Just when she reached the area of the door, a large heartless started to seep out of the ground. "Darkside... of course it's a darkside. You appear every time I need to lock a door, don't you?" Rea growled, getting ready to attack. The heartless howled, charging at Rea.

Lucinda saw the large creature appear after they arrived at the top of the tower. She looked at it and casted a lightening spell. her magic was limited without a staff. She was doing her best to help Rea, she even hoped to take the heartless' attention from Rea and allow her to lock the door. She wanted Rea to be safe and wanted to help her as best as she could. She also started to chant a soft spell, planning on casting a powerful fire spell. She didn't know much about the heartless so all she could do was throw everything she had at it.

The heartless was not okay with the spell, yowling as it was shocked. It turned to the girl before bringing it's hand down, trying to squish the young girl. "No! Get away from her!" Rea tried to distract the Darkside, but it was dead set on hitting Lucinda. Rea panicked before running into the blonde girl and pushing her out of the way, narrowly missing the hit herself.

Lucinda looked at Rea as she was pushed out of the way. "thanks! Sheesh what a time to not have a stick," She said softly with a frown, "anyways we gotta get past this thing. lemme distract it okay?" she smiled a bit as she got up and started to ready a spell. She wasn't about to give up and had a feeling Rea really needed to get past this thing. she couldn't help but smirk a bit, knowing that at least it didn't like lightening.

"But you've never been up against something this size!" Rea argued. "And... I can't lock the door." She felt like she was contradicting herself, fighting off a few heartless that were trying to get closer to the now visible keyhole shape. "Not until this bastard is out of the way at least. These suckers have tried to get into the world's heart before while a person was locking it. I'm not risking that now!" She killed a few more that spawned from the behemoth's hand before the thing finally decided stomping would work best.

"Okay. Then we kill it!" Lucinda simply grinned at her as she continued to cast spells. She wasn't afraid to fight anymore and she certainly wasn't going to let this big thing get in the way. Even with her spells dampened she was able to cause quite a bit of damage. She didn't ask anything of Rea, after all they had a creature to fight. It's big feet were difficult for her to dodge but she managed on her own. She started to wish she had her staff again.

"Oi, don't get too cocky now, alright?" Rea called before noticing a broken rod falling from the high ceiling. She got an idea as she called to Lucinda, "Here! Catch!" She threw the rod to Lucinda, hoping that might help her. The darkside slammed its fist into the ground, getting stuck. Rea took the opportunity to try and run up the beast, hoping to get to his weak spot.

Lucinda caught the rod and smiled. "Now this is more like it!" she giggled before casting a small spell to help Rea out. She noticed she felt a bit lighter now and ran a little faster. Lucinda then turned her attention back to darkside. She casted an ice spell after a small incantation and it was surprisingly powerful. However, just like when they first met, it was clear that she wasn't good at rationing her magic off.

Rea nearly fell off the huge thing as it pulled its fist out of the ground. She steadied herself before finding a glowing wound. She smirked, jackpot! With no hesitation, she drove her keyblade into the wound. The creature screamed before falling to the ground. It was nearly dead. "Kill it! Now!" Rea ordered, trying to keep it under so Lucinda could finish it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.