Searching for Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lulu watched Rea stubbornly keep him at arms length from her. It confused her a bit but then again she lived with a lot of confusing people. The man smiled warmly at Rea and held out a gloved hand to her.

"The pleasure is mine. Please, call me Legacy." He said as he smiled, "She may be great with magic but she still can't quite control herself enough to roam the streets. And she's a bit too reckless at times. How about you come with us to the tower? If you know anything about those things I'm sure it would be a great help for us to learn about them."

He then turned for a moment to speak into a communicator that he pulled from his pocket. He told everyone that Lulu was found safe and sound and that they'd soon be returning to the tower. He mentioned that they might want to regroup as he might have found some information about the creatures that had been the cause of many disappearances lately.

Rea wanted to take Lucinda and run. She had always had this irrational fear and distrust of most other people. Her master had guessed it was because of the incident that had taken her sister and parents away from her. She hesitated before nodding. "Sure, I can tell you about-" She cut herself off when she noticed a stray heartless coming after 'Legacy'. "Watch out!" She pulled out her keyblade from what seemed to be thin air and struck, killing the heartless in one blow. More started to crawl out, attracted to the light of her Star Seeker. "Take Lucinda and get back to that tower of yours! I can take care of them." The redhead glared at the heartless, her green eyes fierce as she swept through more of them, her moves fluid and swift.

Legacy couldn't help but noticed how protective Rea was over Lulu. He knew he'd never seen her around before and Lulu had just met her. It reminded him of how family tends to act. Then he was startled as she pulled out a large key and killed the creature that was about to attack him. He didn't want to just leave her there but knew that Lucinda had to get home, she needed to regain her energy in full. "Very well. I'll come back for you once she's at home," He said as he picked up Lulu and took off into the sky.

Lucinda didn't like the idea of leaving Rea's side, she was much to nice. It didn't take Legacy long to get her home. "You stay here." he said setting her down inside, "I'll be back."
Legacy rushed off again and Lulu was left alone. He arrived back at where he had found Rea and Lulu.

Rea was panting as she finished off the rest of the heartless, giving one last sweaty swing before her keyblade disappeared and the heartless all were dispersed. She slumped down next to a nearby wall, wiping sweat off of her forehead. She leaned her head against the wall, enjoying the cool stone against her head. She hadn't seen so many heartless in one place before. Well, except for that one time, but that was a different circumstance.

Legacy had seen the fight and landed next to her. "You alright?" He asked as he held out a hand to her, "Let's get you to the tower, you can rest up and tell us about these things there. You're quite the fighter. Where'd you learn to fight? And what's that thing you're using?" He spoke in a calm voice and kept his questions spaced apart so he wasn't just burying her in questions. He was glad to see she appeared to be alright but she clearly needed some rest and a shower, maybe a good meal too.

Rea didn't take his hand, pushing herself off of the building and wiping her hands against her pants. "Yeah, I'm fine." She said, glad she was wearing a tank top. "I was taught by a person and the thing I was using was my weapon." She ran a hand through her hair, her fingerless gloves covered in sweat. "It'd be easier to explain when we get back to that tower."

After taking a few seconds to catch her breath, Rea turned to 'Legacy'. "Which way, Mr. 'Legacy'?" She asked, giving him a tired smile, though her eyes screamed distrust. Master Rafiq would have probably scolded her by now for being so rude to the man, but she was tired, hungry, and sweaty God damn it!

Legacy picked her up, ignoring her complaints. He took off and headed to the tower. "This is much easier than walking," he said as they soared through the sky. His cape billowed out behind him and soon they returned to the tower. It was a large silver skyscraper that was shiny and fairly impressive. Lulu was waiting at the main desk, having already been chewed out for her reckless behavior. Legacy set Rea down once they were there. "Here we are!"

Rea nearly collapsed to the ground; she always hated flying and anything related to flying. "Oh dear God! Sweet, sweet ground! I never thought I would miss you so!" She felt the ground thankfully with her shaking hands before standing up and clearing her throat. Hopefully that would help her regain some dignity. "So, we're here, I guess this is your home Lucinda? What do I do now?" She asked, running a hand through her hair. It was a habit of hers to keep it from getting too tangled. She glanced around, wondering what she was suppose to do now. She was in the tower and... what? Ask these relatives who wouldn't let their children out into the streets? How old was Lucinda anyways? She didn't seem too young.

Lucinda couldn't help but laugh a little at Rea's reaction to finally being put down. She actually liked flying. The most she could do for herself was incredibly enhanced jumping. She nodded a bit. "Yup, this is home. welcome to the Freedom Force Five's Freedom Tower. Come on, Aunt -" she paused and sighed, "Tachyon....ordered some pizzas. Things are always best discussed over food!" She walked up to Rea and took her hand, leading her to the elevator. Legacy smiled and took the other elevator, deciding to leave the girls to themselves.

"So Rea, are you okay? You look kinda tired...and a bit jumpy." She said as she looked at her and pressed the 14th floor button.

Rea gave Lucinda a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit winded is all... and I've never been good with flying." She said, sighing as she looked around. "This is definitely not a place I am used to... and God damn, I would love some whiskey right now..." She closed her eyes, thinking back to the first time she had had the alcoholic drink. It had helped her fall asleep many a time before with a couple glasses before bed. Any more and she wouldn't be able to fight out of a bad hangover. "So, you hesitated when calling your Aunt her name, any reason for that?" Rea asked, opening one green eye to look at the younger girl.

Lucinda frowned. "They want me to call them by their hero names. But it's weird calling her Tachyon. I don't like it....but she already lectured me once today and I could barely keep up with her." She explained, "Just like Uncle Legacy.....it's weird..... I dunno if they'll give you whiskey. I don't think they drink any....Uncle Jim does but I think he's in 1429 right now....What was he doing then? I think he needed to go fend off La Capitan"

Rea nodded. "Makes sense they wouldn't have alcohol then. Gotta keep up that squeaky clean hero image." She glanced over and gave Lucinda a smile. "I'm going to guess they lecture you a lot, huh? Don't worry about it too much. It's what adults do when you're still young. They want to keep you safe, but eventually they have to let you leave the tower and figure out some things on your own." The red head stretched as the two finally reached the floor that they were suppose to head for. "Anyways, I never got how old you were. You look about 16 years old, am I right?" The red head tried to keep the mood positive since the girl seemed a bit down. Maybe she would cheer up after pizza.

"Oh they let me go out....just not to go fight... I uhh...I'm 18," Lucinda answered as they stepped out, "I know I'm a bit short for my age... so don't rub it in. I get that enough from Haka....Anyways I explore the city quite a bit. I probably know the city just as well as they all do. And I tend to rush out on my own a lot. I bring all the lecturing on myself so I guess I really shouldn't complain too much." Lucinda led the red head to a large oval table that had at least ten pizzas on it.

A nice looking blonde woman with her hair in a ponytail was tapping her foot, waiting for them. Legacy followed up behind them and walked over to the blonde. They exchanged some words softly before the woman smiled. Lucinda grabbed a paper plate and piled it with plenty of pizza. She was starving. The woman looked at Rea and smiled. "hello! I'm Dr. Stinseon but you can call me Tachyon!" she was suddenly right next tto her and shaking her hand quickly.

"18?" Rea questioned before suddenly having her hand shaken. "Nice to meet you... I'm Rea." She took her hand back before looking around at the pizza. "So, Mr. Legacy over there said you guys wanted some information?" She asked, crossing her arms across her chest. The redhead stood there awkwardly, glancing between Lucinda, the pizzas, and the two adults who were obviously much older than her 21 year old self. She definitely had a lot to tell them and Lucinda about their situation. However, the whole superhero thing threw her off. She would have been better off in her opinion if she stayed in the world with the mermaids rather than deal with superheroes.

Lucinda sat down and started eating, not really paying too much attention to the introductions. Tachyon stopped shaking her hand and nodded. Legacy nodded as well before speaking. "Yes, any information you can give us on those creatures would be most helpful." he said before Tachyon decided to take over the conversation.

"Yes, where do they come from? What do they want? How do we get rid of them?" she asked in a fast sequence of questions.

Rea was starting to suspect this woman's superpower had to do with speed. "Slow down there, one at a time, please." She held her hands up in a slowing motion before sighing. "First off, those creatures are called heartless. They are the embodiment of human nature's pure evil and negative emotions. They eat the hearts of other people and sentient beings, turning them into heartless. Where they come from, I can't really say. All I know is that they come from a realm of darkness. A man named Ansem studied them and the heart a long time ago, but I don't know much about his studies. Master Rafiq said that they were lost when Master Sora died."

The red head sat down as she prepared her next couple of answers. "What do they want? Hearts. Specifically the heart of this world. The heartless just want to consume and consume so that they can shroud their home in more darkness." She sighed as she ran a hand through her hair. "I've seen more people fall to the heartless than there should have. However, I do know how to stop them." With a melancholy smile, she summoned Star Seeker. The moon shaped key with it's star patterns looked deadly yet beautiful in her hands. "This is a keyblade. It's a special kind of blade that can lock the door to the world's heart. If the heartless can't get to the heart of the world, they start to leave and die out."

She flipped her keyblade once before laying it in her lap. "There's a problem with this method though. The keyblade can't be picked up just by anyone. It chooses its wielder to yield it. There used to be this whole ritual where master would give their apprentice a right to a keyblade, but Master Rafiq finds that to be total crap. The keyblade serves who the keyblade wants is our little theory, but you don't need those details." The girl yawned, leaning back a bit. "So, unless you can find another keyblade wielder, you're stuck with me locking your world up so the heartless don't take anymore people."

Tachyon and Legacy both nodded as they listened to her talk. Lucinda listened as well, finding it odd that they came from people. She wished she could help but since it seemed like she couldn't she started to wonder if she'd really be useful to Rea in her journey. She found it a bit odd that a weapon chose its wielder but she shrugged it off. She'd dealt with a lot stranger things. Tachyon and Legacy frowned, not really sure what they could do if they couldn't stop them themselves.

Rea raised an eyebrow. "Um, hello? Earth to superheroes?" She snapped and waved her hand in front of their faces, trying to get them to stop frowning. "Hey, don't look like that! You can still stall the problem until I can fix it! You're not totally useless you big shining goody two-shoes, you!" She tried to cheer them up as she moved to the pizza. "Anyway, I'm starved so let's eat shall we! Maybe you can introduce me to the rest of your family later, Lucinda?" Rea asked as she piled four pieces of pizza onto her plate and started to eat them.

The two of them couldn't help but smile at her optimistic attitude. "Reminds me of Setback eh?" muttered Legacy with a smirk. Tachyon only nodded in agreement and the two started to eat. Lucinda looked over at her and shrugged. "I dunno where everyone is. Most of them are off fighting or having some daring adventure." She said with a shrug, "So you might get to meet uncle Haka but that's about it."

"Alright, that's fair I guess." Rea said with a nod, eating her pizza contentedly. She waited for a few minutes before glancing to Lucinda. "So, um, I think now would be a great time to ask your aunt and uncle here about the thing we discussed earlier." She glanced over at the pair of superheroes, taking a large bite out of her third slice of pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.