School for the 'gifted and talented'

His face smirked while he thinks she didn't notice the said Humans, he laughed a bit and said " what do you mean humans? aren't you human " he was obviously teasing her now. he was hoping to get a better reaction out of her to help her keep her image of a normal human student.

Akari swore to herself and shook her head slowly, "No.... I'm a guardian... Well... Kinda..." She said quietly, lifting her hands and showing him her palms, which has a strange 8 pointed red star mark of each palm.

"Akari...do you know who i am? " He smiled a bit and held out his palm which had a similar shape yet marked him as a over watch. which was like a royal guard...yet more...evil? he looked at her hoping she would understand but he most likely thought she wouldn't.

Gretta gasps at the sight of the boy and the girl's hands. She quickly stands up and tries to run. She trips and falls to the ground again.

Kit separated from the group when they left and she began walking down the halls, running her hand through her hair as she looked around. "What is there to do around here?"

Standing near to where Gretta tripped is a young man dressed in a snappy-looking suit. He's far too young for to be wearing such a thing, though he's apparently taking his studies seriously. The glare from a nearby light source makes it seem as if he has enormous eyes, though it's merely the reflection on his glasses. As he looks down at Gretta, the reflection vanishes. He looks a little concerned, "Are you okay?" He pauses for a moment, before moving the books held in front of him to the side, leaning. "...You're going to be late for class if you spend most of your time down there."

Gretta looks up and she blushes at the boy. "Heh heh. Class has already started..... I think. Her cat ears change back to normal human ears. She quickly stands up and brushes off. " You're probably thinking that I'm such a freak."

The young man adjusts his glasses, staring at her. He flatly states "Yes," in response to her question. He continues, "Though we all are, aren't we? That's why were here." He gestures around, "Supporting the 'Gifted and Talented'... looking around, however..." He emits a 'huff' noise, "Seems like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with a few of the folks here."

He extends his hand to her, "What class should you be in? I just left Applied Sciences." An advanced class! The young man must be one of the smarter members of the school, though his attitude didn't seem to be making him any friends. He didn't even introduce himself! He gestures to her ears, though they're human again. "I'm guessing you have feline attributes as a 'gift'? Or is that a 'talent'?"

Davin walks downthe hall to his locker looking back to see that the kid(alex)had met up with a girl ... He turns the corner to face his locker.. "how the fuck do u use this thing"

+davin hide hall patrol is coming + his dad would say ...
Davin ignores his ...
"hey you principles office now.. " as the guy would make a sttep davin
yanks his hand pulling the light under the mans foot ... He falls .. Davin
then disappears... From sight..
Back at class a rest was being handed out and davin was called on .
After 2 min of no respons from the form in davins place security is
called in ... They learn that davin is a light user because his body is
passed over when they go to touch himem. and put out a search for
himm .. All over the school the loud speaker sounds a womens voice.. "davin you have 2 minuets to get to the office or we will use extensive force to find you... "a timer speaks the time in decending order....

Davin now has a huge decsion ... Is there somewhere here that I can hide he thinks to himselg... he frowns and waits for some way out.

Davin walks downthe hall to his locker looking back to see that the kid(alex)had met up with a girl ... He turns the corner to face his locker.. "how the fuck do u use this thing"

+davin hide hall patrol is coming + his dad would say ...
Davin ignores his ...
"hey you principles office now.. " as the guy would make a sttep davin
yanks his hand pulling the light under the mans foot ... He falls .. Davin
then disappears... From sight..
Back at class a rest was being handed out and davin was called on .
After 2 min of no respons from the form in davins place security is
called in ... They learn that davin is a light user because his body is
passed over when they go to touch himem. and put out a search for
himm .. All over the school the loud speaker sounds a womens voice.. "davin you have 2 minuets to get to the office or we will use extensive force to find you... "a timer speaks the time in decending order....

Davin now has a huge decsion ... Is there somewhere here that I can hide he thinks to himselg... he frowns and waits for some way out.

"Gift. I can shape shift into any animal." She turns her head away so he doesn't notice her now cherry red cheeks. "I think its a curse though not knowing what you really were born as."

Despite himself, he seems a bit impressed. "Any animal? Even the exotic ones?" His curiosity gets the better of him, and the educated young man continues, "Ever try imaginary animals, or becoming a mix of two... like that one lion-tiger mix. Tigon? Liger? Though I suppose they'd be a bit too big for you to-" He cuts himself off, calming down. He runs a hair through his brown mane of hair, nodding. "Don't know what you were born as...?"

He stands for a moment, staring at her. Finally, he responds, "That's rough. I suppose there's an advantage in no one knowing what to expect." He reaches up, tussling his hair a moment, revealing two thumb-sized horns poking from his forehead. He braces himself for her reaction. "Rather than expecting the worst, because of your heritage. I wouldn't know: I've never been in your place." He reaches up, covering those little horns with his bangs.

She sees the horns and giggles. "Ligers are real silly. I've seen one before. Now what I want to know is what are you?"

A giggle? He hadn't gotten that before. He blinks to her, his voice lowering. "Well... first off, I suppose it's a viable point in the conversation to introduce myself." He nods, "I was named after my great-grandfather. 'Lucifer'." He pauses to let that sink it, "Please, call me Lucas. I get funny looks otherwise, and it's not productive to my studies to be targeted by every man, woman, and anything in between wanting to prove they're top of the food chain by beating me up, stuffing me in lockers or flushing my head in the toilet."

He frowns, sighing. "Other than the horns, all that it's given me is access to vanican magic." He holds up a book, "I don't think you're taking the sort of class to know what that means." He opens the book, revealing a great many scripts and texts, as well as tons of math. "It's a form of magic that is set by three rules. First, magical effects are packaged into distinct spells; each spell has one fixed purpose. A spell that throws a ball of fire at an enemy just throws balls of fire, and generally cannot be "turned down" to light a cigarette, for instance. Two, spells represent a kind of "magic-bomb" which must be prepared in advance of actual use, and each prepared spell can be used only once before needing to be prepared again. That's why it is also known as 'Fire & Forget magic..."

He adjusts his glasses, bowing. "My sincerest apologies. The information behind my sort of spellwork is terribly boring to most people. I probably lost you at the first revelation, didn't I?"

Gretta listened the whole time, soaking every bit of information. "No. Not at all. I'm listening. Its actually pretty interesting and your horns remind me of someone in a web comic." Gretta giggles again.

"One of those free graphic novels that are written as time goes on? How... unique." He sighs, touching his temple. "Still, I guess it's better than most.... and since you've shown me your power, or a small bit of it. Allow me to show you a little of mine." This was his favorite part: showing off. He flicked his whole hand, opening it as it twists. With an uttered incantation, he completes the spell dwelling in the back of his mind since that morning: "Ignis Minor."

In his newly opened palm, gripped in his hand rests a red and orange ball of flame. Purple and black flicker at the tips, and Lucas smiles. The flames reflect in his glasses, making him look suitably more intimidating. Still, his voice was unchanged, and he sets down his books. He tosses the ball back and forth in his hands, enjoying the weight of it. "A rather minor spell. 'Produce Flame'. All it does is make a little fireball like this, which can be thrown like a softball, or touched against people to burn them... normally weapons aren't allowed on campus, but I saw some girl walking around with a scythe, so I don't think this is punishable."

"Cool. I think that girl is less gifted and more crazy. You never know." She looks into his eyes. "So Lucas what do you like to do besides this?"

Lucas' glasses-covered eyes avoid her eyes. "What do you mean? I read, I learn, I accrue the power I'll need later on to take over the family business." Glossing over the facts that he had no friends or close prospects of friends, and haven't for a long time. He dispells the fireball, leaning down to pick up his books. He smooths a crease from his suit, and re-adjusts his glasses. From his look, it's starting to be pretty clear that he was forced to grow up before he got to do anything fun. He's blushing a bit, unable to really admit that.

"I mean what do you do for fun? I like to on dates and get to know others." She smiles big for him trying not to blush but fails. Her whole face is red.

Lucas shakes his head. "I read." It sounded pathetic even as the words slipped from his mouth. He goes on, "Not just... school stuff. I like fantasy books. People going on adventures, skillfully using swords, stealth, or magic powers to save the world or get the girl." He admits, "Even if it's normally the first two that end up with the damsel in the end."

"I don't get to talk to... well, I don't spend a lot of time around people."