School for the 'gifted and talented'

Lai massaged her temples, concentrating on the blank spaces between the lights surrounding her.
What could be radiating so much… evil? And why here? Why now? Who—
Something hit the back of her head. Someone giggled. Well, at least she'd found her usual place in the school hierarchy.
She'd figured the hallway would be safe; no one would be stupid enough to stand around in the open like that…

Suddenly, the loud speakers all over the school began blaring. "Davin, you have two minutes to get to the office or we will use extensive force to find you. Countdown begins: 120… 119… 118…"
The professor glared at the speaker. "Stupid kids…" He reached up and flipped a switch on the panel. "116… 115—" The countdown stopped. The students glanced around at each other.
"Alright, back to work! Now, I want you all to take a good look at the graph on page…"

Quincy sniffed the air. Something was here. Some one was here. Someone who felt... Holy. Quincy hated Holy relics. They dampened his power and burned him when he touched them. He knew there was a person here who could sense the evil nature of his magic, especially since he had been using it. He looked down the hall in Lai's direction. It was her! Quincy began to growl deeply, almost demonically, backing away from the place where the girl stood. His eyes inverted color, readying his magic to summon warriors to defend him.

Lai took a deep breath. She had to know what was out in that hallway. Determined, she stood. Again, the teacher didn't even notice.
"Sir, may I go to my locker? I've forgotten my… calculator!"
Professor Whats-His-Name glared at her. "Are you sure it isn't in your backpack?"
Lai gave him a coy smile. "Yes, sir."
He harrumphed loudly, then nodded to the door. "Be on the lookout for that Davin kid. I've never heard the administration so riled up before."

Lai laid her hand on the door handle. The darkness was still out there. Taking a deep breath, she braced herself for the worst.
Again, it was like a punch to the stomach. She saw students down the hallway – the energy emanated from their direction. One boy in particular seemed disgusted by something. But wait… Was that a dog corpse? No, it couldn't… That would be ridiculous. She closed the door behind her and turned to face him. Did he just growl at her? Nah, it was probably the dog.

The dark energy grew stronger. It burned her skin – no, it burned deeper than that. It burned her very essence. That had never happened before. Lai stood rooted to the spot, unsure what to do.

His temple pulsed as Lai entered the hallway, his hand tightened as he looked down the hallway. His purple eyes scanning the area, just now noticing the group wasn't as big as before. He looked down at Akari and said " You should...go to class or just somewhere besides here " The holy feeling could not be shook, but his Demonic energies could be felt increasing as he made his way forward towards the necromancer. His body stopping standing right next to him, Alexander felt the energies off this man who seemed to draw Alex's away from him. His purple eyes then fixating on the girl who the necromancer was growling at, He smirked his sharpened canines showing out as he did.

"Who are you!?" Quincy yells at Lai. He could tell his energies burned her soul, as hers did his. Necromancers and Holies didn't get along too well. Their powers clashed, hurting them both. His powers were stronger now that the guardian Alex was near him. He fed off Alex's power. He stood, staring at the innocent girl. Normal innocence was of no consequence to him but there was something about this girl...

Kit looked to the large body of the dead wolf and then up at Mitsume. She was about to speak, but then Quincy seemed to get riled up about something. Especially when a girl walked out of her class. Kit could just barely feel a small stinging pain inside of her and she clung to the undead wolf that was now hers, looking at the girl and tilting her head a bit. "Is everything okay, Quincy?"

Lai blinked. She was absolutely stunned. She'd never even known there were others of such power out there.
Everything hurt… so she did the only thing that came to mind.

Sprinting in the other direction, her footsteps echoed loudly in the silence. She didn't even know where she was going – she just had to get out of there.

Quincy kept looking at the girl, but spoke to Kit. He only said two words. "Holy girl." He was too angry and in too much pain to say much more. In truth it wasn't anger, it was fear. The last Holy he encountered saw his demonic nature and tried to destroy him. This girl didn't seem like much of a threat, but one can never be too sure.

Kit blinked in surprise and clung to Mitsumi tighter, closing her eyes. "O-oh..." She opened her eyes a bit, just in time to the 'holy girl' run away. She bit her bottom lip lightly and quietly whispered. "Have the luck to not run into each other or fight..." She let out a small sigh.

Quincy eventually got over his state of fear and pain. "I should hope to meet her again, actually, but on friendlier ground. She startled me, so I may have left a bad first impression." he looked back to Kit. "So about the body... Will it work for you? Or should I try again?"

Kit looked to the wet wolf corpse and then to Quincy, smiling softly and taking in a deep breath. "It's good. It'll just need a bit of drying off." She slowly let go of Mitsumi so that whatever had to be done could be done.

He then looked at the dog, and smiled a bit. He turned his body and just kind of watched the group like an awkward person, he didn't want to intrude on them so he kind of laid back knowing that the man drawing his energies would eventually wonder why he was still there.

Quincy's eyes were still color inverted. His hands surrounded themselves in black flames as he touched both the head of the dog body and of Mitsumi. Mitsumi squealed in pain and tried to slip away but couldn't. The body began to twitch. Mitsuimi kept yelling and howling and squealing, and the wet body began to shake and squirm rapidly. At some point, Mitsumi stiffened and fell over, dead as a doornail. Moments later, The dog body Quincy had brought up sprang to... life? and tackled Kit, licking her face.

Akari stayed where she was put, slightly confused on what was actually happening around her. She was about to go to class but a essence stopped her, she shrugged it off and tugged at Alex's top. "Hey, What's your next class?" She asked with a small smile.

He looked at her and smiled " I think i have some sort of science..i should check " He said as he opened up his schedule. " Yup science, What class do you have? " He looked at her his face still had a small grin on it but it was slowly fading.

Akari looked down at her timetable and smiled, "I have it to, I think we're in the same class... Want to sit together if we can...?" She asked with a small smile. What are you doing Akari!? A voice appeared in Akaris head, it was her fathers voice, which happened every once and a while. You're letting your Identity out! Are you crazy!?

Kit put her hands lightly over her mouth when Mitsumi began to yelp and struggled her eyes going wide. It was hard to see animals in pain, and worse an animal she really liked. She closed her eyes until the painful yelping stopped and she opened her eyes, just as the new Mitsune attacked her. She squeaked and fell back, a quiet laugh coming from her before she happily laughed and hugged the wolf tightly.

Quincy's eyes returned to normal and he laughed as Mitsumi dismounted Kit. "Glad you like her. Hey, shouldn't the bell be ringing right abou-" Just then, the bell rang. He looked at his schedule and sighed. "What do you have next, Kit?"