School for the 'gifted and talented'

Gretta giggles. "Let me guess. You never talked to a girl before? That's interesting. I like Paranormal Romance. When the girl has a cute boy to stand by her side. To hold hands with. To kiss" She gently takes and holds his hand.

Lucas freezes, alarmed. Slowly, he takes his hand from hers (or attempts to). "I'm... I'm not really interested in romance at the moment, it would... would really clash with my study schedule." His glasses fog, and he shakes his head. "I talk to girls!" Defensive, he nods, "Though just when they need help with something, like homework. Or if I'm in a study group with them." Clearly flustered, he's forced to take his glasses off, revealing bright red eyes. He de-fogs them with a cloth from a front pocket, books clattering to the floor. He's got the jitters, clearly.

Akari looked up at Alex and her eyes widened, "Y-You're a-also..." She said, unable to say the word, her hand clenched her scythe and she didn't realize she had pulled it back out of her pocket and made it grow to it's full size, which was about her height. She stared at Alex in awe, wonder and fear. She couldn't help but smile slightly. "W-Who're your parents...? I-If you don't mind me asking..." She stuttered, excited to have met another guardian.

Gretta frowns and helps him with his books. "I understand. Your one of those kids who only cares about school and yourself." She gathers everything and holds them out for him to take.

Lucas takes his books, embarrassed. "You don't understand." A little disappointed, he turns and begins to walk away from her. He pauses for a moment, considering... no, he shakes his head and continues walking. "Only cares about school and myself. That's all I've ever had, and it's been alright so far."

Quincy's head perked up. His nostrils flared. Something was different in the air. His black eyes widened. He sensed something that had not happened since... Quincy realized what was happening. He took off sprinting, tracking the source of the difference in the air. His nose led him to the restrooms, where Akari and Alex were standing. As I suspected. He had a feeling there was a guardian at this school. What he did not expect was a second. He could tell every time two guardians met, as the air smelled distinctly of roses and Hellfire. He saw the scythe in the girls hands. She must be Death's daughter, He thought to himself. He felt empowered near her. His magic was drawn from the very essence of The Reaper and those of his blood. A skeletal mouse scurried next to him. He picked it up, placing it on his shoulder. He simply stood there in the shadow, absorbing the raw Necromancerian power. Then a thought occurred to him, where did that girl go? He ran off, in search of Kit. She interested him. And so, defying his instincts to stay and absorb the Death Magic lingering around the two guardians, he tried to track down the girl he met earlier.

Gretta shifts into a black cat and hides in the shadows fallowing him. 'He's so stubbern! I can't believe he walked away!'

Kit was trotting down the halls when she heard the tapping of footsteps behind her and she stopped, turning on her heel. She smiled when she saw Quincy and she quietly laughed. "Hello again." She put a finger lightly to her lips. "You seem a bit stronger now. I knew today would be a lucky day for you the second I came into your presence." She waited until he had caught up with her and then turned again, walking along with him beside her. "So, what brings you back to a little fox like me?"

Quincy did feel stronger. Being around that guardian fueled his magic. The skele-mouse was still sitting on his shoulder. When she asked him why he came back, he couldn't answer. "I... I don't know... you just... interest me. Normally I would have stayed where I was and continued absorbing the power, but... I don't know..." Now thinking rationally instead of on pure instinct, he thought about why he'd had taken off after her. "So... What is it you do again? I get short term memory loss on occasion."

She looked to the skele-mouse and quietly laughed, lightly tapping it on the nose. "Well, I don't know if me interesting you should be a compliment, but I think I'm gonna take it as one... This little guy is just adorable, too." She looked to him and shrugged lightly when he asked what she did. "Well, I didn't tell you I was strange, but it's obvious you've figured it out." She pulled her contact out with relative ease, revealing her red eye. "I'm a kitsune, a spirit of luck." She smiled happily. "And you're a necromancer?"

Lucas' swift, determined walking could be heard from a good deal of distance. A hand reached up to hold his glasses in place as he did so. His face was neutral: after all, the interaction went better than most, and he assumed he was getting better at socializing. That it ended poorly was really 'par for the course', as his grandfather Lucifer would say. Thus, he didn't notice until he was way too close that he was about to run into Quincy.

He stopped before running into him, standing there awkwardly for a moment. Finally, he states in a far-too-intellectual for his age manner, "My apologies," even after narrowly avoiding the bump, he nods his head, "I was unaware you were there." At that, he turns and begins to walk away.

A Luck Spirit, eh? He knew there was something odd about this girl. That would explain her comment about knowing he would have good luck today. He smiled at the girl and nods. "Yes. I take after my Mother. My Father is a Pyromancer. I live with him currently. My Mother fully embraced her magic a few years back, welcoming The Reaper like one would an old friend. Who knows, he probably was." He looks at Kit. "So a Kitsune, huh? What's that like?"

He turns to the well dressed boy. He seemed too intelligent for his age. The air smelled odd. He isn't human. Quincy's eyes invert colors, as they did before. "... You don't die... You leave this plane of existence for a time, but you return. You always return... You are the Bane of Death, he who leaves but never dies. Not really." His eyes revert to normal, and he grips his forehead in pain. "Ow... I hate it when I do that..." He had a massive headache, as he always gets when he has a Death Sight.

Lucas stops, slowly turning to the man with the undead mouse on his shoulder. Through his glasses, Lucas sizes him up. "Bane of Death. I have a cousin, Orcus, who's fond of that term." At Quincy's headache, Lucas apologizes once more, in the form of a facial expression. He turns his head to greet the young woman sitting nearby as well. A hand raises to fiddle with his glasses. "Ahh. I see. You are a naturally-adept arcanist."

Lucas looks impressed, his stance changing: easier, more relaxed. He smiles, though there's very little mirth in it. "I was named Lucifer. Please, however, I prefer the name Lucas." He doesn't extend his hand to shake, or anything more polite than an introduction. "I've always had an interest in folks who take to arcane magic naturally, by blood or talent. Doubly the ones who are in control..." He pauses, "Which is what you're here to do, aren't you?"

Gretta looks over at Quincy and hisses at him from the shadows still in her black kitten form.

Quincy ignores the hissing of the shapeshifter. "Pleasant to meet you, Lucas. No, I'm here because Father said I need to learn how to act like normal people. It's easy for him, he only burns things, a servant of the Inferno. I am a Necromancer, a servant of The Reaper. He fit's in better with the living as I do the dead. I am starting to enjoy it here, though. I can control my magic, at least most of the time. What you just saw me do was a Death Sight, I can look into the future and see when, how, or, in your case, if a person dies, albeit involuntarily." He looks at Lucas. "And you?"

Gretta hisses and growls at Quincy again not liking the vibe she's getting from him. It"s too friendly in a way.

"Well... my 'family' are starting to realize we aren't much needed in our normal roles. So we're trying to go different ways." He pats the books, "As for myself, I'm rather enjoying learning. Human cultures, languages, mathematics, sciences, religions..." He nods, "I find I quite enjoy religions, and not in a trendy 'ironic' way. A set of rules that someone follows to become a better person. I feel the same about mythologies, really. Stories, adventures..." He sighs, "And a world without either. Makes one yearn for the days of swords and dragons."

He shrugs, taking one book out of the stack he carried with him, "Beyond that, I've been studying vancian spellcraft. It's a little different than the innate magic you and the others seem to be dealing with. Mine takes a lot of study and work to be of any use at all... Granted, I've got time." He gestures around, "I'm considering actually doing something nice with it. Be this world's next Merlin... well, soon as I'm good enough. I'd need to find an Arthur, too."

Kit crossed her arms, looking to the boy as he bumped into Quincy. She then looked around a bit. "Yeah, a kitsune. Kinda like a fox spirit, but I just have special abilities." She looked to the skele-mouse, interested in it highly. She reached to it and gently scooped it up in her hand like she would a regular mouse, petting its spine lightly and smiling. It was a mouse that she wouldn't have the temptation to kill. She pet it, listening to Quincy's conversations. She wasn't much of a talker.

Gretta gets ready to pounce looking at the skele mouce. She stalks forward a bit and out of the shadows. She jumps up and snatches the mouse from the girls hand. She quickly runs off with it.