Say The Words I Need To Hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason nearly choked on what he was eating when Ann actually asked him to charm her, unable to believe that she actually wanted to take him up on his claim. How could he manage to do that with her when she was the person he now actually had feelings for? The person that he didn't have a hope of winning over? She had very quickly put him on the spot, and there wasn't much time for him to escape it. "Haven't I already done that? You know, being your best friend for so many years and all," he chuckled, trying to dart away from that subject as swiftly as he could possibly manage without arousing any suspicion from her. "I don't think there would be much point in me trying to do that again."

Ann raided an eyebrow as he narrowly dodged her question. Placing a hand to her lip, she tapped it gently. There was something he wasn't telling her. "Hmm but if you are a charmer, that means you attract woman easily as more than friends." She said, leaning forwards slightly. "Are you going to back down from a challenge like that?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

Jason looked at Ann dead in the eye as she prodded at him further, indirectly insisting that she accept her proposal and prove himself to be the person he said he was. She was trapping him without even knowing it, and the number of places he could run to was shrinking very quickly. What was he supposed to say, now? What was he supposed to do? He swallowed hard, then in a slightly quieter voice, he replied, "I can't prove that to you. You already know what I'm like."

Ann chuckled quietly. "Oh I do, but this charming character trait is a new one to me." She said, prodding him further. She wanted to know why he kept backing out and avoiding her question.

"Are you trying to get me to seduce you or something?" Jason asked teasingly, hoping that maybe that remark would end up driving Ann away from deciding to push any further with this topic. He didn't want to be rude, but he didn't quite want to delve deeper into this whole ordeal, either. "Because it's pretty odd for you to get persistent about this kind of thing."

Ann sighed and pressed her lips tightly together, and she stared at him. "You are hiding something from me, I can sense it." She said, her expression becoming serious. "I want to know what. You never hide things from me."

It didn't take long for the forced smile on Jason's lips to fade away into a thin line when Ann decided to take a more serious approach and told him upfront that she believed he was hiding something from her, and that she wanted to know what it was that he was withholding on. He really did want to tell her what it was that had been on his mind for such a long time, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to. He just couldn't do it, no matter how much he tried to tell himself to just get it over with already. "Because they're usually not worth hiding from you," he admitted quietly. "But this time... I'd rather keep what I'm thinking about to myself, for now." He paused, then added, "Maybe I can tell you another time."

Ann sighed gently as he refused to tell her, and she leaned back. She opened her mouth to say sometime, and then she shut it again, not saying anything and turning back to her food to eat in silence.

It really hurt for Jason to just sit there quietly while Ann finally gave up on trying to figure out what it was that was troubling him so much, with such a defeated and hurt look on her face as she kept quiet and said nothing more. He didn't want to see her like that... He didn't ever want to see her like that. She deserved to know the truth from him, but here he was, shying away every time she tried to confront him about it and insisting again and again that it wasn't something she needed to worry about. But in this moment, he knew that he had to come clean. There was no point in moving backwards and further; it was already enough that she knew something was going on with him, so why not explain in more detail?

At least he could know once and for all what would happen once he finally told her, instead of spending the rest of his life wondering about it.

"... I... Oh God, uh... This is really tough to explain..." He pressed his fist against his lips for a moment and pinned his gaze to the bowl of pasta in front of him, currently not daring to look up at his childhood friend. This was certainly not going to be easy to open up about. "Ann, I need you to listen to me, okay? I... You... Agh, goddamnit, I think I love you, okay?" Now Jason had lifted his eyes to meet with Ann's, trying to gauge a reaction from her in the few long seconds that followed after he spoke. He kept his lips firmly pressed together for that little while before letting out a sigh, and looking back down at the table. "I... I don't know just how or when it really happened, but... I'm starting to see you in a much different light than I have before. Just looking at you makes my heart race, and my mouth seems to get dry when you're close... But I also have these incredible urges to hold your hand, to hold you close to me, and..."

"To kiss you." He wanted to say "To kiss you", but that was one thing he definitely could not say. His heart was pounding hard against his ribs at this point, and he clenched his fist tightly with one hand as more silence filled the air between the two of them.

"It's been a really complicated thing to wrap my head around, but... I didn't want to tell you just in case you'd hate me for it," Jason whispered, slowly looking back up across the table at Ann. "That's why I can't charm you. Because you already beat me to it."

Ann felt like there was someone driving an axe between her and her best friend, a rift opening up between them for the first time in years. They had been though thick and thin together, and she hated being left out of the loop. If even he couldn't be honest with her, than what had he been lying about this whole time.

Ann looked over at her friend as he started, seeing frustration and embarrassment written across his face. It took her a few seconds to process the entire bit of information. He took long pauses between his words, which Ann could fill with nothing but astonished silence. She pressed her lips together nervously, feeling her fists clench together as she looked up at her best friend, biting her lip. "I... uh...." Ann said, finding herself at a loss for words and completely flustered.

Running a hand over her face, Ann hid her eyes, feeling the heat rising to her cheeks. She let everything settle inside her before taking a breath. "How long?" She wondered, looking up at him with hope in her eyes. She had been feeling this exact same way for eons, but she kept convincing herself that he wasn't right for her, that he could never like her. Until now they were always, just friends.

Jason clenched his jaw a bit and looked on anxiously as Ann tried her best to process the information that had just been sent her way, very obviously flustered and not sure how to respond to this news. But after a little bit, she managed to calm herself down and asked him how long this had been going on for, prompting him to think about the answer to that for a little bit. "Um... Anywhere from several months to a full year. Maybe even a little more than a year," he responded in an almost meek fashion, a characteristic which was normally not at all attributed to him. But when it came to being faced with this particular situation, he just couldn't quite help it. He wasn't very familiar with these feelings of his, and therefore he wasn't sure of how to deal with them in the correct way. All he knew now was that he was hoping that maybe, by some grace of God, Ann would be able to understand where he was coming from with this.

Ann pursed her lips, sighing to herself. "God this is crazy." She mumbled, pulling her hand away from her face. "This is, amazing." She said softly, a smile drawing to her lips. "All this time I thought it was just me." She mumbled, biting her lip gently and leaning against the counter, her face still a light crimson color.

Jason let out a deep exhale and kept his gaze pinned to the table when he heard Ann say that this was crazy, knowing that it had been a bad idea to come out with the truth. But then a few seconds later, he heard her say that it was amazing, and his head nearly whipped upward to look at her while his brows were knitted together in confusion. It wasn't until she told him that she once thought it was only her that he realized the reason for her second claim, and he found himself stunned into silence as she sat there across from him, blushing from these professions that had finally all been laid out for them both to hear. He stared at her in shock for several moments, unable to believe that this was all real...

And then, without bothering to try and confirm if she really reciprocated his feelings, he leaned in to close the distance between them and locked his lips with hers.

If she wanted charming, then she would get charming, now. He'd boldly kissed her within a very short time frame after finding out that he was not really alone in harboring feelings for the person who was originally meant to be his best friend, outstretching his right arm and placing it against the back of her neck to keep her where she was. Finally, after so long, he could release all of those emotions that he'd kept bottled up and express it in a way to her that she'd understand.

Ann watched her friend go though several emotions in a few seconds, only to have him crushing his lips against hers, feeling his hand press to the back of her neck. She hadn't been kissed in a long time, in fact, she mostly avoided it in fact, but this felt almost otherworldly. This guy, she had thought until a few minutes ago could like her no more than a platonic relationship would allow, and now he was making a meal out of her lips.

Letting him have his way with the kiss, Ann slowly closed her eyes, letting her long arms press against his lower back as she brought his body closer to hers, letting the kiss last a bit longer.

Right now, there was nothing else that mattered to Jason right now. The only thing he bothered to think about in this present moment was the taste of Ann's lips, and the way they embraced each other while sharing this immensely intimate bit of contact with one another. And to think that he'd been so afraid of coming out with the truth for such a long time... He knew now that he should have just done it sooner, but at the very least, he had done it now and wouldn't have to spend any more time thinking about whether or not his affection for his friend would be well-received.

Ann let the kiss continue on a bit longer, before she pulled away, staring Jason in the eyes. She bit her lip again and flushed darkly, letting her bangs cover her eyes. "T-thanks, for the good first kiss." She mumbled, pressing a hand to her lips gently. It wasn't her first first kiss, but it was her first kiss with him, and he had as much passion as he did when he spoke. Realizing she was still close to him, Ann let her arms fall back to her sides, her face still tomato red. She didn't really know how to deal with relationships well, or at all.

Jason savored every second of the first kiss he was sharing with Ann (although, like her, it hadn't been his first ever kiss), keeping her close for a little bit more before allowing their lips to separate, opening his eyes to meet with her gaze while a small grin pulled at the corners of his mouth. He chuckled a little when she thanked him for the good first kiss, leaning back into his seat and feeling much more relaxed than ever before. That had been such an amazing moment to immerse himself in, and he knew for sure at this point that this wouldn't be the only time he'd do that. "Now I'm guessing that you believe me when I say that I'm charming, right?" he teased with a small laugh.

Ann flushed gently, still keeping her meek attitude as Jason smiled. She wondered how he could be so confident after something so embarrassing, and she continued to eat her mac n cheese, keeping her long hair over her blushing face as she continued to play with her food, not answering his question. How was she supposed to! She was horrible with embarrassment, even around him.

Jason raised an eyebrow when Ann wouldn't answer his question, then chuckled a little before taking another bite out of his mac and cheese. This was probably the most embarrassed he'd seen Ann to be before; while normally she didn't quite do well when it came to being flustered, she was now definitely at a loss for words and incapable of even getting her brain to function properly after the stunt he'd pulled off. "So... I'm guessing this means we're not just 'best friends' anymore, right?" he asked after swallowing what was in his mouth. "I really didn't think that you'd ever feel the same way about me, to be completely honest with you."

Ann looked up at him, nodding. "I guess we are more than that." She said, looking at him as she continued to eat. She hated being flustered, and the idea of relationships did frighten her, but she wouldn't let that get between the two of them. "But are we going to go public yet?" She asked, leaning back in her chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.