Say The Words I Need To Hear

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Then maybe you should take a little break from studying too. You shouldn't-" By the time Jason was able to say anything more to Ann, she had collapsed into her seat and had fallen asleep almost immediately, having gone unconscious for the second time that day after succumbing to her apparently immense need for some sleep in her system. He let his eyes remain on her for a little while, placing his hand on her shoulder and running his thumb across it before turning away. She's always over-exerting herself... he thought to himself. She really ought to know when to just lay back a little and forget taking everything so seriously.

Ann didn't seem to respond to the touch on her Boulder besides her chin flipping over to said shoulder as she slept. Her professor only shook his head and started the lesson, and when he finished closed his book loudly which woke Ann up again, causing her to groan. 'You need to get a grip Ann.' She thought to herself, starting to head to her next class.

"Hey. Ann," Jason called out, his hand gently clamping down against Ann's and squeezing it lightly while he looked at her straight in the eye. The gesture was little more than what one would consider 'friendly', though right now he wasn't exactly very focused on every little thing he was doing right now. "You're making things too hard on yourself. Try to relax, okay?" He paused, thought for a moment, then suggested, "If you want, we could just ditch classes for the day. We could just... Hang out, and do stuff together."

Ann looked back at Jason as he grabbed her hand, looking him in the eye. Ann swallowed hard as he said she was pushing herself too hard. Ann avoided eye contact with him. She hated making him worry, but the idea of ditching made her feel a bit better. "Ditching sounds fun." She added.

Jason allowed himself to smile when Ann told him that ditching the rest of their classes sounded like a good idea, and he kept her hand held in his as he directed her to their dormitories. They'd probably end up getting reprimanded for not sticking through the schedule, but that really wasn't a major concern to him. Making sure his companion was able to let loose for a little while was currently his main priority.

Ann sighed gently as he took her too her dorm, and she began nodding off. Ann was so out of it that she hit a wall and fell down, asleep.

"Alright, so- Hey!" Jason was pulled back against the door less than a second after he'd closed it, and then his friend's hand slipped out of his grasp when she slid down the wall and fell asleep instantly after entering her dorm room with him, momentarily dead to the world for the third time in a row that morning. Huh... Looks likes she's out of it more than usual today, he mused, staring at Ann for a moment before leaning down and heaving her tall form up into his arms and against his chest, carrying her over to her room and placing her down gently against the mattress of her bed. Pulling the covers up to her waist, he stayed knelt at her side and let his gaze stay on her once more.

He felt like such a coward... For not just being upfront and telling her the truth. They'd always told each other everything since they were kids, but this... Whatever he was feeling was something that he didn't feel ready to confess to her. That would be much too difficult, taking into account the consequences that could have potentially come out of it. Ann meant too much to Jason for him to risk losing her. "... I'll see you on the other side, rockstar," he whispered, trailing his fingers lightly over the girl's hand and then leaning in to plant his lips softly over her forehead, standing up afterwards and moving into the living room to go ad catch a wink for himself on the couch.

Ann leaned into Jason as he picked her up, her body completely limp in his arms. She was stuck in the land of dreams as he put her down on her bed and covered her up with a blanket. She was completely still as Jason kissed her forehead, which pulled a small smile across her head as she though she was dreaming. Ann slept for a few hours, before she woke up with a start, sitting strait up in her bed and panting softly. One of the worst parts about sleep was the dreams that came with it, that weren't always present.

Rubbing her eyes, Ann looked around her room, realizing that she was alone. Slowly getting up and walking towards the living area, Ann opened the door and looked over at the couch, seeing Jason sleeping on her couch himself. Smiling gently, she went to the kitchen to prepare food, since her stomach was growling

Jason's eyes slowly peeled open and blinked to life when a pleasant aroma began to fill his nose, turning his attention to the kitchen where he spotted Ann now awake and preparing some food for herself to eat. "So, did you finally manage to get a good rest?" he asked curiously with a light smile. "Bet you're pretty glad that you decided to ditch class with me, now. Kind of a shame that our roommates couldn't be in on it, though..."

Ann looked back over her shoulder as Jason slowly woke up, and she gave him a warm smile. "I got some sleep, enough to keep me on my feet at the least." She said, pulling the pan of mac and cheese off the stove as she started to drain the water. "Did you sleep alright?" She asked, looking down at her pasta.

"Yeah, it was pretty well-welcomed," Jason answered, standing up from the couch and stretching out a little bit. "But I definitely don't think I needed it as much as you did. You were out like a light the moment we walked in here, remember?" he chuckled, going to join her in the kitchen and watched as she made some mac and cheese. "It was a good idea for us to skip out, and I think we should start doing it more often. It's our last year at this place anyway, so I don't see all that much harm in doing that."

Ann sighed, and shook her head. "We have to go sometimes though, because we still have to pass." She said, looking at him as he joined her in the kitchen. "And yes I remember that I passed out, sort of. I remember blacking out while standing up, and then I woke up in my room." She said, shaking her head as she put the butter into the pasta.

"Yeah, yeah, I know that," Jason sighed, before Ann told him that she did in fact remember having passed out before she awoke to see that she was in her room. "Mhm. You can thank me for that another time," he joked. "You're quite honestly a pretty heavy person, you know."

Ann glared at Jason and she flicked water onto his face. "Yeah yeah, but not every woman stands 6 feet tall you idiot. I weigh as much as Neil." She said, shaking her head, and starting to scoop up pasta into the bowl. "And now you can't have any."

Jason squinted and rubbed his eyes with his arm when Ann flicked a few droplets of water at his face, apparently not very pleased by the comment he made about her weight. He was about to say that he didn't mean that as a bad thing, and then a fake pout made itself present on his facial expression when she told him that he now wasn't allowed to have any of her pasta. "Oh, come on. You don't really mean that. We're best buds, aren't we? That should mean that you're morally obligated to share your delicious pasta with me..."

Ann looked at him, and she shook her head. "Nope, you can not have my mac n cheese if you keep telling me I am heavy." She said, glaring at him and starting to eat in his face. She smiled and blocked the pot of food, smiling at him. "And a best bud would be apologizing for calling me fat."

"Fat? Is that what you think I was alluding to?" Jason asked in a near incredulous way with a raised eyebrow. Why would she think that he was calling her fat? "You are pretty heavy, but I meant that it was because you're tall as heck. Like, Slenderman tall. Seriously, though; I wasn't trying to call you that, and I apologize if that's how it sounded. So can I have some of your mac and cheese now?"

Ann glared at him and rolled her eyes. "I am as tall as you, grow some muscle." She said, hitting his arms, and then pulling the pot in front of her. "Grab a bowl dork." She added, continuing to eat out of her bowl. Jason was such a nice guy, but she had seen him being more aggressive lately, and she hoped he wouldn't get carried away.

Jason laughed and shook his head when Ann told him to "get some muscle" while slapping his arms and then gave him confirmation that he could dig in alongside her, doing as exactly as she said and grabbing a bowl and fork before serving himself. "Dork? Trust me, I'm far from being anything close to a 'dork'," he laughed. "What I really am is charming and irresistible."

Ann sighed and glared at her friend, rolling her eyes. While internally she couldn't argue with the charming and irresistible part, admiring it out loud would ruin everything. "Oh really? Charm me then." She dared, giving him a challenging gaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.