[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
Roman glowed when Samuel complimented his art. He was no stranger to compliments -- he received many a day and for many different things, his art, his acting, his music, his impeccable good looks. But to hear them from Samuel and other people who meant the world to him made the young Australian boy inexplicably happy.

"Thanks, gorgeous," he said brightly, leaning over to peck Samuel on the lips before flipping to the page opposite the drawing and adding some notes, such as the length of time it took him to draw, and pasted down the reference image he hadn't used whatsoever but was required. "My art teacher loves me. She says that if I pursued art as a career I'd be the next Da Vinci but, like, he was good at maths, and anyway, tattoos are art so I'll do that."

With the drawing complete Roman set his sketchbook away and dragged his maths stuff forward with a heavy sigh. He was actually incredibly bad at all forms of maths. He was in the lowest branch of the class -- he'd only even taken the class because his father had insisted he keep his options open -- and he only managed to scrape through with average grades across all areas of the subject. Roman hated being bad at things.

"Right, trigonometry, kill me now."

"No thanks" Samuel chuckled at Romans unwillingness to do math, "I'd like to keep you alive, you're very pretty to look at"

He grinned and leaned over to his boyfriend to kiss him on the cheek and then went back to stare at his history book for a solid five seconds before giving up.

"I'm done with history" Samuel announced, shut his book and scooted closer to his boyfriend, he was as done as he would get for now anyways "I'll help you"

Math wasn't his best subject at all, mostly because he didn't find it as interesting as the ones he excelled at, but he was far from bad at it. He had no idea if Roman was just over exaggerating, at least a little if he knew his boyfriend right, but he needed a break and he'd gladly help Roman instead.

r o m a n
"I'd appreciate that, thanks," Roman said as he flipped to the page he needed in his textbook and then the page he was up to in his exercise book. He was a couple of questions behind where he needed to be as he had been procrastinating this work for as long as possible, but it needed to be done by the next day so he had to do it now.

"I'm fine with the sin, cos and tan shit," he said to Samuel, pointing out the examples he had written and then marked as correct. "Like, basic maths and shit, but then it goes to angles of depression and elevation and I want to throw myself in front of a fucking train." He pouted as he read the examples in the textbook.

"Matthew is looking at a lighthouse -- fuck it, I give up." He turned to Samuel with an adorable pout. "Can't we just have sex for the next twelve hours and forget school is a thing?"

Samuel almost gave in to Romans pout right then and there, the idea sounding a lot more appealing than doing math even to him who didn't have a problem with the subject. But he could wait, even if it was reluctantly.

"No, Roman" Samuel sighed "I just spent like an hour catching up with history, you can at least try to look at Mathew's lighthouse"

Then he paused for a couple of seconds and looked at Roman with a thoughtful expression on his face.

"How about you do math for like forty minutes" Samuel suggested with a slight smirk and kissed his boyfriends lips in attempt to wash of the adorable pout he sported "and after you're done we can have sex and forget about school for the next eleven hours and twenty minutes"

r o m a n
Roman pouted again and bit down on Samuel's bottom lip defiantly before sighing and turning back to the absolute bullshit that was his mathematics homework. "This is literal bullshit," he announced. "When will we ever need to know the angle of elevation from Matthew's eyes to the top of the lighthouse?"

Regardless of the stupidity of the equations, Roman managed to get through the homework he had been set after about an hour, which was pretty sad since there were only a few questions, but that just showed how bad he was at math. At about ten in the evening Roman shoved his books away and then shoved Samuel onto his back.

"Right, I did math," he said like a whiny child as he climbed on top and kissed Samuel firmly on his soft lips. "And you owe me for before."

"Are you going to be a baby about mixing foods and only get one flavour of Ice cream?" Samuel asked his boyfriend teasingly as they stepped off the bus in Ballarat.

After some talking that didn't get disturbed by Jess and her dog this time they decided to really do go for ice cream and a Movie the next weekend. Which Samuel only after agreeing to it technically would be their first actual date, not counting various movie nights. Either way, it would be Samuels first date with a guy, which was something he was in fact slightly nervous about.

He would really have thought he'd be okay with the whole being out in public thing by now, but it felt different being in a place he wasn't used to being, somewhere where people didn't already know. He was sure Roman had already noticed his unrelaxed and stiff body language as a sign of slight nervousness on their way there and Samuel hoped his boyfriend didn't mind too much.

Despite his sudden turn back to self-consciousness he had kept Romans hand in his during the whole bus ride there and did not let it go once they arrived in the larger town.

"Or does that rule only go with regular food?"

r o m a n
"Why doesn't ice cream count as a regular food?" Roman asked in an amused tone as they stepped off the bus.

This was their first proper date, and Roman was excited. It was a simple date -- ice cream and a movie -- but to Roman it meant a lot, because it was with the boy he loved and this had been a long time coming. However, he knew that Samuel wasn't as relaxed, which he could understand. They were in a larger town, filled with people they didn't know and didn't know how to handle. But maybe a larger town would be better, because people were more open-minded.

Ballarat was a beautiful town, filled with vintage architecture that dated back to Australia's initial colonisation. It was a historical town, obviously, and a quaint one. It was larger than Maryborough but still small enough that everything was pretty close together, meaning that they didn't have to travel far from the bus station to the ice cream parlour.

Roman ordered a raspberry gelato with two scoops for himself, because flavours weren't allowed to mix, then sat back to wait with Samuel. "What movie do you want to see?"

When Roman really did order only one flavour Samuel got the urge to give him a quick kiss on the cheek because no matter if he had teased him about is weird eating habits just a couple of minutes prior he still found his boyfriends stubbornness about not mixing things kind of cute. He didn't do it though, something stopped him and he kind of hated that. He didn't want to take a step back after getting so far.

Apparently, that was how things were going to be though, so instead of dwelling on it, he ordered his own ice cream, one scoop chocolate, and one mango sorbet and sat down with Roman.

"I don't know, I don't think there's anything in theaters right now that I, like, got to see, " Samuel said as he tried to think of what movies were showing and what he would want to watch. He didn't really care too much though, the point was that he watched it with Roman. On a date. Which was a thought that made him smile, "Or I mean, I guess we could watch La la Land, if you haven't seen it yet ad their still showing it?"

r o m a n
"Unfortunately I have indeed seen La La Land, many times at that," Roman said with a sigh. It was a musical, and one that contained Queen Emma Stone. Of course he had seen it an abundance of times.

"But you know what I haven't seen? Moana. Let's see Moana, and you can revel in my love of Disney."

When their ice creams were ready, Roman stood up to collect them, scowled at Samuel's disgusting mix and took his boyfriend to the park across the road, where they sat under the shade of a large tree and Roman laid his head in his boyfriend's lap.

"You're nervous," he stated. It was evident.

Samuel frowned, he knew Roman would pick up on it, he always did, but he didn't really mind him asking to much and it wasn't like he was going to try to pretend he wasn't or blame it on the fact he was nervous about being on a date in general. The latter one would honestly be really silly after how long they had been together by now.

"Sorry, I'm trying not to be" he said even though apologising was kind of stupid since he knew Roman wouldn't blame him for this kind of thing, "but I guess I've gotten used to how things are at school and other than that we mostly just hang out at your place so this feels kind off different"

Samuel shrugged and took a bite of the ice cream. It wasn't like he was nervous to the point of being uncomfortable being close to his boyfriend in public, he was just a little tense and he still really enjoyed sitting there with Romans head in his lap, spending time with the person he loved.

"I'm not really sure why, maybe I'm more stuck in the mindset of 'this is something I shouldn't be doing' than I thought, but I know it's not true so it's probably just that I still need to get used to being out"

r o m a n
"Well, I can't speak from experience because I've never really felt like I was doing something I shouldn't," Roman said honestly. He had been raised in a household where he was comfortable with who he was, and he was eternally grateful to his mother and father for providing such a life for him. "But I've seen other people go through what you're going through. Elliot, specifically, he came out to us but stayed in the closet to the public for like a year."

Roman reached up to cradle Samuel's face in his hand for a moment, brushing his fingers across the other's cheekbone. God, he was beautiful. It was difficult to believe that he was even real sometimes.

"But I figured it would be good for you to be out in a town like this," he said. "It's bigger than Maryborough but smaller than Melbourne so it's a nice middle. You know, there's a pride event in a couple of weeks. You should come with us to that."

Samuel leaned his head into his boyfriends touch when he let his fingers run down his face. The corners out of Samuels mouth automatically twitched upwards at the affection.

Despite the fact that Samuel rarely got to excited about social events he knew actually seeing some positivity about his sexuality probably would do him some good so he nodded carefully.

"I'll come with if you want me to" he said and without even reflecting on it his hand reached out to play with Romans hair, it was just something he did when Roman placed his head in his lap, "but I'm warning you now that I'm going to be annoying and cling to you the entire time"

He chuckled lightly, but it was true that he had a tendency to do that, whenever Evan or Ricky had managed to drag him along to parties in the past he would always end up following them around rather than talking to people he wouldn't usually talk to.

r o m a n
"Of course," Roman said with a chuckle, stroking Samuel's cheekbone before dropping his hand to rest against his chest. "But, I'm warning you now, I'll be surrounded by my other friends so you'll probably receive about fifty friend requests after the event."

Roman was insanely popular and just the kind of charismatic guy that everyone got along with and everyone liked to be around. He drew people to him like moths to light, not that he ever meant to do so, and he was charismatic enough to keep the friends he accidentally made. So, pride events in the city were known as 'Roman's Friends Get-Togethers' to Bella, Elliot and Blake.

"C'mon, I want to play on the playground," Roman said. He stood up and pulled Samuel to his feet, dragging him over to the large playground that contained forts, slides, swings, sandpits and a variety of other features. It was a Saturday and therefore there were plenty of kids but he made sure to not get in their way with his obnoxiously tall self.

"Roman were like a gazillion years old" Samuel objected half-heartedly and let his boyfriend drag him along into the playground without any more complaints.

He did a quick look around, a nice weekend day meant there were a lot of children, which also meant two full grown teenage boys were bound to stand out. Samuel couldn't say he was especially happy about that but he ignored it and decided to try and stop being overly concerned with how other people saw them and actually enjoy spending time with his boyfriend.

"Well you're the one who wants to do this, lead the way please" Samuel chuckled, not really comfortable enough to actually suggest anything.

Last edited:
r o m a n
"God, it's like you've never played on a playground before," Roman teased, jabbing Samuel in the ribs with his finger in a playful manner. He finished his ice cream, quickly munched down the cone and lead Samuel up the climbing frame to the tallest platform with a slide. Of course, he was so tall he couldn't fit under the roof of the platform.

"Slide down after me," he said, making sure there were no kids at the bottom of the slide before slipping his long body down the piece of play equipment. He went and when Samuel came after him, he grabbed his boyfriend around the middle and kissed him on the cheek.

"See, this isn't so bad." He ruffled Samuel's hair and took his hand. "Now don't be a little bitch."

"Excuse me?"

Roman looked down to see a very small little girl, with blonde pigtails and a princess dress, who was looking up at the much taller boys with a mystified but curious expression. "Are you boyfriend and boyfriend?"

"Yep!" said Roman brightly, nodding and smiling at the small child.

"Cool," said the girl, grinning like it was the coolest thing she had ever heard. "Buh-bye!"

The girl waved and ran off to her mother. Roman gave Samuel an 'I told you so' look and directed him to the swings.

After an incredibly exhilarating, which Samuel was far too embarrassed to admit he did find slightly scary due to the height, he let Roman momentarily hold him and kiss him without saying anything about it. It was easier to receive Romans affection in public than it was for Samuel to do those things himself for some reason. Maybe it was simply because the comfort of his boyfriend canceled out the fear of being judged.

Out of all reactions, they could have gotten Samuel had not expected the cute little girl calling them cool. He was so used to getting shut down and insulted at that point he found didn't even let himself imagine those kinds of reactions and it really made him happy. Despite the meaning look he received from his boyfriend because of it.

"You totally just said 'bitch' in front of a kid," Samuel said as they walked over to the swings instead of commenting on the content of the girl's words, even though the warmth it filled him up with probably was showing through his smile. The little girl probably hadn't even heard the word coming out of Romans mouth.

"Sit, I'll push you" Samuel said and sat Roman down on one of the empty swings with a gentle push, taking the opportunity when Roman was on a lower level than him to kiss his forehead before walking around the swing to push him. It was funny how some little kids words could get him to regain so much of the confidence in himself he had lost as soon as they stepped off the bus, but Samuel certainly wasn't complaining, any positivity was positivity. And kids were pretty cool in that they just said what they really thought anyways.

r o m a n
Roman was incredibly happy with Samuel's change in confidence after the little girl approached them. Kids were awesome, they always said what they thought and if they were raised in the right environment they were open-minded and kind. He was glad that little girl had asked them that question and then given them that answer.

Roman sat on the spare swing -- there were quite a few sets so they weren't taking up some kid's space -- and let Samuel push him as if he were a child. He pushed his legs out when he went up like a little kid and tilted his head back when he went down.

"I once had a dream where I was on this giant swing," he said to Samuel, loud enough that he could hear him over the noise of the kids in the playground. "And, like, whenever I went up it was Christmas and whenever I went down it was Halloween. I think Britney Spears was in it, though. I have weird dreams."

"Yes, that is a very weird dream" Samuel chuckled and continued to push on the swing, watching his boyfriend fly away towards the sky only to come back a couple of seconds later.

Samuel had never been too fond of swings, even as a kid, since the point of the basically were to fall through the air which was why he didn't like heights in the first place, the risk of falling from them. Which was kind of funny to think of in the current situation where Roman was on the swing and the one of them who actually could get seriously hurt if he fell, yet Samuel was the one who was scared of it.

"It probably represent the inner turmoil you experience because of difficult choices you have to make in the future" Samuel joked, talking as if he really had an idea what the dream meant and how to interpret dreams at all, "And that you like Britney Spears way too much"

r o m a n
"Excuse me," said Roman affrontedly, "it is not possible to like Britney too much. Britney is a way of life. You know nothing about culture."

When he tired of the swing Roman dragged his feet against the ground until he stopped and he jumped to his feet, nearly knocking over a tiny toddler in the process. "Crap, sorry, princess," he said to the brunette girl, before mentally scolding himself for swearing and squatting down to help the tiny tot to her feet.

She gave him a quick hug before running off.

"It's official, I am the kid-whisperer," Roman joked, taking his boyfriend's hand and beginning to walk with him in the direction of the cinema. "I will be a wonderful mother to your children. You should wife me at once."

Samuel awwed inwardly as he watched his boyfriend interact with the little kid. It was way too cute to see the tall boy help the tiny girl and to see her thank him with a hug. Samuel gladly took his unsurprisingly-good-with-children boyfriend's hand as they started walking away from the playground to continue on to their planned destination instead.

"We'll since you brought it up, we're getting married tomorrow" Samuel continued on Romans joke with a small grin and pulled Roman down slightly by the arm so he could leave a quick kiss on his cheek, "It's decided and no one can do anything about it"

Samuel kind of wished for their future selves that it could actually be that easy but for now it was all for fun, so he didn't let himself get stuck on the thought of inequality as they made their way to to go watch a movie on their very happy and pleasant date.