[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
Roman playfully grinned at Samuel but shook his head at Susan. "It's fine, you're the guest, don't worry about it," he assured the older woman as he put the vegetables on one large tray, topped with some seasoning and salt to crisp it up, and put the tray in the oven. He poured himself and Samuel a glass of Coke and sat down with the two Ortegas.

He gripped Samuel's hand under the table and gave it a reassuring squeeze. He could tell that Susan was making an effort for her son which made Roman happy, since it meant his boyfriend could be happy.

"I'm due for a haircut," Roman murmured, running his free hand through his slightly long hair that was falling into his green eyes. He flicked it out of his face like a drama queen. "I still look fabulous, though."

Had Roman been someone like Evan who swore a lot and who didn't think to consider changing his manners depending on who he spoke to it would probably have been a lot harder for his mum accept him as her son's boyfriend. But Roman was a charming guy, and that wasn't just what Samuel thought due to being his boyfriend, and his mother had always valued politeness in the people her son dated.

"mmm, you do" Samuel chuckled and resisted tho urge to reach up and touch his boyfriend's hair while his mum was sitting next to them.

"I've been telling Samuel to save his out so we can do something fun with it" his mother continued casually, "But he refuses"

"It already get's in the way when I play" Samuel insisted, they had had this conversation a hundred times before. He had no idea what his mother considered as 'something fun' and he was happy with the way it looked now.

"Don't be silly, Sammy, plenty of soccer players have long hair, they just put it up"

"Well I don't want longer hair" his mother made a tsk sound, but gave it up. She hadn't managed to convince him to grow it out before, she wasn't going to convince him now.

r o m a n
"Well, I think you'd look cute with any hairstyle," Roman said sweetly, pushing his hand through Samuel's soft curls and therefore brushing the locks away from his forehead. "As long as you don't put it in a man bun. I'll chop it off, I swear."

After a couple of hours of small talk, Roman getting up to cook and more small talk, dinner was served and the six people sat around the table as Roman set the spread out in front of them. His mother was home and seemed proud at her son's cooking abilities -- the roast beef was succulent and tasty, the vegetables well-seasoned and crispy and the gravy rich. He should be a professional chef.

Roman sat between his father and his sister and across the table from Samuel so he could nudge his boyfriend's legs whenever he liked, which he playfully did so at regular intervals throughout the meal.

"So, Samuel," Stellan said, "do you have any plans for university?"

The food was as good as usual whenever Roman made it and as they begun eating Samuel couldn't help but to think he was lucky to have such a talented boyfriend. Whenever said boyfriend would nudge his legs under the table he nudged back, because his boyfriend was being annoying and really cute.

Samuel would have preferred if the conversation didn't move on to discussing his plans for his future with his boyfriend's parents and his mother, but he answered nonetheless.

"Not really, I'm still figuring out what I want to do so," Samuel said with a shrug. He hadn't really thought about it much since that time they all talked about it at school, but honestly, with all that had been going on the past weeks, it wasn't that weird that he hadn't been thinking about his future. He was still busy trying to get back on track with how his life was currently.

All he knew was that he'd find the closes place to study whatever he wanted to where Roman chose to go no matter what his boyfriend would end up deciding on studying. But that sounded slightly obsessive and clingy which meant it was the kind of thing only Roman would get to hear.

"You really ought to figure it out soon," Susan told her son and Samuel let out a slight sigh, he generally avoided talking about his further studies with his mother, she was always being annoying about it. but he guessed that was what parents were for "I don't want you making up your mind last minute"

"Yeah, yeah"

"I'm sure Roman and London have plans?" his mother continued, simultaneously moving the question over to the twins with a smile and trying to make a point with her son.

r o m a n
"Well, my plans have hit a bit of a bump in the road," said London sweetly with a small shrug. She didn't seem too bothered by this as she put one hand over her belly. "But I'm going to study teaching in Ballarat or Bendigo, somewhere close by."

"I'm going to art school to do tattooing," Roman announced to his parents, since this wasn't something he had discussed with either of them. Ingrid looked surprised and Stellan slightly concerned. "Dad? You appear to have an issue with this."

"Roman, you can't get tattoos," he said tentatively.

"I am aware." Roman hated that fact. "That's not going to impede on my ability to execute them, will it?"

Stellan shrugged and Roman scowled at the table before looking up at Samuel with a much more pleasant expression.

"Bella, Elliot, Blake and I have been planning to get a share house in Melbourne so you could live with us while you go to uni," he offered Samuel, since he would love for his boyfriend to live with him. "I'll be doing art school in Melbourne anyway so that doesn't change for me."

He really couldn't wait for Roman to actually become a tattoo artist to prove that he really didn't need them himself, which was a pretty weird thing to begin with since it really should be about the art.

His thoughts left tattooing as his boyfriend just casually suggested he'd live with him and his friends. Which was a really nice idea. Living with Roman. If that was how the future could look he was really looking forward to graduating.

"Mmm, maybe" Samuel said somewhat thoughtfully but he still smiled as he did and nudged Romans foot again. He would have said that it sounded like a great idea without hesitation, but he was pretty certain his mother wouldn't appreciate him making hasted decisions about moving in with his boyfriend before he even knew what he wanted to study.

Dinner continued on without any real troubles and was pretty pleasant when it wasn't awkward. His mother ended up having no trouble talking to Ingrid which Samuel was happy about since she still seemed to be ever so slightly wary around Stellan. Samuel felt it was kind of understandable though seeing as he was the one who had pushed to arrest her husband.

r o m a n
When dinner was over, Roman and London washed and dried the dishes before Ingrid sent the kids out so the adults could have 'grown-up talk', which Roman thought was stupid since the three kids were all almost eighteen years old but he didn't complain. He took Samuel's hand and pulled him down to his bedroom.

He whirled on his boyfriend and kissed him passionately since he hadn't been able to do so for what seemed like ages but was actually probably a few days. He half-pushed, half-walked Samuel over to the bed and laid down on his back with his boyfriend propped on top of him.

"That went well," he remarked in a quiet voice, kissing up and down the length of Samuel's neck teasingly. "Really, though, you should come live in a share house with us. We'll convert the basement into our bedroom so we don't have to put up with Elliot's obnoxious sex noises."

Samuel been wanting to properly kiss him and be close to him since being in the principal office to stop Roman from feeling bad over the video, which he obviously couldn't have done, so Samuel was not complaining when his boyfriend finally pulled him in for a passionate kiss and pulled them both down to his bed after dinner, especially since it probably indicated Roman was feeling better as well.

"I'll come live with you as long as the others allow me" Samuel smiled and then continued with a small chuckle "besides I'm pretty sure the basement living situation would be at least eighty percent to spare you friends our obnoxious sex noises"

As if to prove the point, even though it was completely involuntary, Samuel let out a small gasp at Romans wandering lips.

"which-" Samuel used a hand to tilt Romans head up and kissed him on the lips to stop him from kissing his neck, "-our parents are definitely going to hear if you don't stop that"

r o m a n
"Excuse me, my sex noises are not obnoxious, they are so glorious they moisten every seat within a twelve-kilometre radius," Roman chuckled matter-of-factly against the lips of his boyfriend before sitting up and looping his arms around Samuel's waist.

"My friends have no say in the matter, you're living with us and that is final." He nodded as if to affirm the arrangement to the both of them. "Besides, you'll be a wonderful housemate. And if Elliot gets to have all his hook-ups over whenever he wants then I can have my fucking boyfriend."

Roman playfully slipped his hands up Samuel's shirt and gently raked his nails down his back, just hard enough to leave a tingle but not enough to cut the skin. "You really need to learn to be quiet, how else are we going to be able to have sex in totally public places?"

Another gasp found it's way out of Samuels' lips as hi felt his boyfriend's nails gently run down his back. Which in Samuels opinion wasn't fair at all since he just switched from one thing that felt amazing to another so he stubbornly started planting kisses down Romans jaw and then down his neck, in the same way he just had told his boyfriend not to. Was he a total hypocrite for doing that? Yes. Did he care? Most definitely not. Besides Roman did have a lot more control over how loud he was.

"Okay one, I'm totally blaming you for me being loud," he let out a breathy chuckle, lips still almost touching his boyfriends pale neck, before he went in for another quick kiss to his lips, "and two, why do you wanna have sex in public places you weirdo"

He was pretty sure Roman was only half joking, the time they had done it at school proving that he didn't have any problem with it, and also proving that Samuel probably wouldn't object if it happened again.

r o m a n
Roman chuckled at Samuel's attempts to gain some control over the situation, he was failing miserably and it was the most adorable thing he had ever experienced. Not for the first time Roman condemned his haemophilia because he couldn't receive hickeys. Instead, he settled on leaving them on others, as he did when he went in and gently sucked and kissed the skin just beneath Samuel's collarbone.

"It's not that I want to have sex in public places, it's that I fear you won't be able to control yourself if I tease you too badly."

Roman finished with the small hickey and arched his neck back to kiss Samuel on the lips. "And we've already done it at school so it's not like it's magnificiently taboo for you."

When Roman started gently sucking and kissing under his collar bone, leaving a hickey like he so often tended to do Samuel had to bit back an actual moan. Of course, he couldn't control himself when Roman acted that way, did he really expect something else?

"Maybe you should stop being such a tease then" Samuel really did not actually mean that, it was slightly annoying yes, but also very, very hot. Just not when their parents walking in on them was a pretty high possibility "Because as it looks now your a hundred percent right in that I won't be able to control myself"

He kissed Roman one more time before continuing, simply because he couldn't resist it.

"So either we lock the door and are really quiet, or-" Samuel placed one last kiss on his boyfriend's lips before pulling away "-we do something else"

r o m a n
"You don't want me to stop being a tease, just admit it," Roman breathed in a voice barely above a whisper. He carefully shifted Samuel off and got up, only to securely lock the door and go back to his boyfriend.

He kissed Samuel on the lips again and carelessly took his shirt off before sitting down on the bed and pulling his boyfriend into his lap. It had been a while since they had been this intimate and while it was most definitely not a necessity for their relationship, he had missed it very much and now welcomed the love and affection.

Roman undid Samuel's jeans and put his hand over his boyfriend's mouth before he could even make a sound. "Shh."

Samuel silently decided he liked it better when he did not have to focus on keeping his moans to a minimum, but it was honestly a small price to pay to get to be with Roman in that way. And he did feel like he definitely did a better job of staying quiet than that time in school. Not that that said all that much, but hopefully it was enough not to cause any suspicion over what they really were doing.

Once done Samuel pulled his boyfriend close rather than to hurry getting dressed, seeing as the door was locked anyways, and kissed the corner of his mouth sweetly.

"I love you" he mumbled happily, wishing they could just lay there and not worry about anything. And not have to get up and go home or at least ask his mum if he could spend the night.

r o m a n
Roman had no issue being quiet, though he found that doing so tended to involve biting down on his bottom lip so hard he almost broke the skin. But most of the time his mouth was occupied so it really wasn't that big of a deal.

"I love you, too," he murmured, wiping his mouth off before kissing Samuel sweetly on the lips and standing up.

Once the boys were dressed, they went out to the kitchen where Roman addressed Mrs Ortega politely.

"Can Samuel please stay the night? I'll help him with his homework, I promise."

Susan looked between the boys with an expression Samuel couldn't quite place. It was possibly slightly suspicious but if it was Samuel didn't know if it was due to her doubting there would be any homework taking place or over the possible implications of sleeping over. If she only knew not sleeping over didn't stop them.

After a couple of seconds of her making up her mind, she nodded at the boy's hopefull expressions.

"Alright, alright" She smiled and started standing up, "I think it's time for me to make my way home anyways, Daisy is probably getting lonely by now"

She thanked the Hemlocks for inviting her over, praised Roman for his food and said her goodbyes to Samuel and he and Roman could venture back up stairs.

"So we're you actually planning on helping me with homework?" Samuel asked and sat down on the black sheets of his boyfriends bed "Because that's actually not the worst idea"

Samuel didn't really like admitting to needing help with studying, he had always worked hard by himself to keep his high grades. But neglecting homework for several weeks was the kind of thing that would get the most studious person to fall behind. And it wasn't like he suddenly had his entire life back on track after he had talked to Roman about how he felt. It was still hard to get back to do the things he had dropped and he still let his thoughts spiral when he was alone. And Roman was still one of few things that made him feel better, so maybe he could do something even if it was just starting at some assignment while with his help.

r o m a n
"Actually," said Roman in an amused tone, dragging forth his schoolbag and taking out a small pile of books, "yes, I was. I'd much rather you actually graduate this year than stay back, funnily enough. Also, all the current Year Elevens are annoying as shit and I don't want to leave you with them next year."

Most of Roman's homework was for Visual Arts and Literature, so he brought out a huge sketchbook and opened to a drawing of an angel that strayed a little from his usual art style. Most of the time Roman's drawings were so realistic they looked like a photograph. This sketch was too real, the face of the angel so perfect that she looked idyllic and unrealistic. Roman was currently working on the contours of her face, so he leaned the book against his knees and brought out his good lead pencils.

"I have to do this, it's due in like a week, but I can help you if you need it."

Samuel chuckled lightly. Samuel hadn't considered not graduating as something that could happen, but even if he didn't start doing homework he'd probably still graduate, even if it would end up being with bad grades. If Evan could graduate with barely doing homework, Samuel could too. He didn't want to though so he got out his history book, a notebook, and a pen.

"I think I mostly just need you sitting there to make sure I actually do something" Samuel confessed, which turned out to be true seeing as once he got started it wasn't all that bad. He had always kind of liked studying and learning and now that he actually was able to focus on it again he found it kind of nice to just let whatever he was reading just take up space in his mind for a while.

He occasionally asked Roman a question or two, mostly regarding things he had probably missed when he had been too tired to pay attention in class. And he occasionally stopped for a while to watch his boyfriend draw, a sight that made him smile because seeing Roman doing something he was good at made Samuel happy.

r o m a n
Roman would look away from his drawing only to answer Samuel's questions and occasionally sneak glances at his boyfriend's beautiful face. If only he had drawn a male angel ... Samuel would have been accurately depicted on the page. Instead the angel was a female and didn't really look like anyone who existed in real life because she was so inhumanly perfect she couldn't exist.

"And ... done," Roman murmured after about an hour. The angel was finished and she was perfect. She was caught in flight, her magnificent wings fully fledged and outstretched as she soared through the soft clouds Roman had added as background, with a peek of the sun visible. Her arms were outstretched as well, like kids did when they pretended to fly. She had long, curly, flowing hair that pillowed out behind her like curtains and her face was beautiful, her eyes closed in bliss as she soared through the heavens. Roman signed his name at the bottom and turned his sketchbook around to show Samuel.

"What do you think?"

Samuel tore his eyes of the text he was currently reading when his boyfriend wanted to show the finished piece with no complaints at all.

"You realise you're ridiculously talented right?" Samuel was pretty sure Roman knew but it didn't hurt to tell him "That's amazing"

He was certain he didn't even have a trained enough eye too actually pick up on how good the drawing really was. He saw it for what it was, an angel. Beautiful and skilfully drawn.

"It's kind of unbelievable" Samuel continued, moving his gaze from the art to his boyfriend "that you made that by just drawing"

He shrugged, he wasn't sure how to express how cool he thought it was to see him draw and then see the finished product.