[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
"Tomorrow? No, that won't work, I need to have my dress tailored," Roman joked as they reached the movie theatre.

He purchase two tickets for Moana and then two large buckets of popcorn, two large Cokes and a variety of different sweets, not to mention the products he snuck in in his backpack. It was a movie, for Christ's sake, he had obviously come prepared.

"Our future children will love Disney or they're not getting any dinner," he said sweetly as he sorted his snacks out.

"I'm very relieved most children like Disney," Samuel said and rolled his eyes a little at the abundance of snacks his boyfriend had brought. He really did not expect anything else from him though, "because knowing you and Disney, you're not joking, and if that wasn't the case I'd fear for our future kids"

They were back to half joking about their fantasy future again which Samuel found to be quite a fun topic, it wasn't very serious of course but as things looked now and with how much he really did love his boyfriend Samuel couldn't help but to hope that that was they way things really would turn out. Even if it maybe was way too early to even really consider that as a possibility.

"Maybe I should be scared though" he continued and gave Roman a meaning glance, but also a smile he couldn't keep off his face in favour of being fake-serious, "I bet you'll force the poor kids to watch them with you until they grow tired of them"

r o m a n
"You know me so well," Roman said, pretending to be flattered as he handed his boyfriend his favourite chocolate bar and a bag of Skittles, because he loved him. "Yes, our children will be forced to watch Disney and they shall have no choice in the matter."

Roman leaned back in his seat and grinned at Samuel.

"If you're forcing them to play sport, imma force them to watch Disney."

He gave his boyfriend another kiss on the cheek to thank him for sharing, as it obviously was a very sweet gesture coming from Roman. Once he had done it he let his face stay close to his boyfriends for a couple of seconds before reaching out his hand to cup his face and turn it towards his own and actually give him a kiss on the mouth. Still a short one, but they had gone the day without really sharing a proper kiss simply because of Samuel being nervous and he was really grateful for his boyfriend being understanding.

Then he leaned back and continued speaking as if the kiss really hadn't had any deeper thought behind it.

"Aren't you already forcing them to do artsy stuff?" he asked "I feel like we should be limited to forcing them to do one thing each, you get either Disney or arts"

r o m a n
Samuel seemed to be progressing, for which Roman was grateful, since that meant he was growing more comfortable in himself and his sexuality. That was all Roman wanted. For his precious Samuel to be safe, happy, secure, comfortable and free. And Roman would sure as hell fight for that if he needed to.

He kissed him back before settling back into his chair and leaning his head against Samuel's shoulder.

"But, like, Disney is kind of a requirement for children," Roman joked good-naturedly. He was kidding, of course, he would never force his future children to do or like anything they didn't want to do or like. "And Disney is an art form so technically it comes under the art category."

"alright, you win" Samuel admitted defeat but sighed happily at Romans head on his shoulder, he loved being close to his boyfriend and for a moment he closed his eyes and rested his own head gently on Romans, pretending they were the only one there, "but only because I want family movie nights and Disney is family friendly"

He opened his eyes and rested his head back again only for the lights to dim down, indicating the movie was about to start.

"And they are getting food even if they don't like them" Samuel continued in a slightly lower, although still joking, tone.

r o m a n
"Mwah ha ha," said Roman victoriously, before sinking down in his seat as the movie began.

He watched Moana in relative peace, laughing at the funny parts and occasionally turning his head to kiss Samuel on the lips or the cheek or the temple. He also ate a lot, but that was no surprise to anyone, he ate a lot all the time. Food was good.

When the movie was over Roman clapped and applauded and completely ignored the weird looks he was receiving from the adults who had taken their kids to see the film. Roman tossed all his rubbish into the popcorn tub -- he had eaten all his snacks -- and wiped his hands off on his jeans.

"That was amazing. A-plus. Ten out of ten."

"I'm not going to disagree with you on that one," Samuel said and threw his own trash into the bin. He since they both now had their hands free he grabbed one Romans' as they left the theater, "It was good, you're going to make me get way to into Disney"

Once out of and a little to the side of the building Samuel stopped and let go of Romans hand to wrap his arms around his boyfriend's neck, pulling him down for a longer kiss this time. He tasted like all the snacks he just had eaten, mostly popcorn, which made Samuel chuckle ever so slightly when he pulled back.

He let one of his hands gently brush Romans face as it passed once he unwrapped them so his boyfriend could stand up straight again. His heart was beating ever so slightly faster from doing something like that when strangers could see, but looking up and having his eyes meet with Romans beautiful green ones made it okay. Made it worth it.

"Amazing. A-plus. Ten out of ten" Samuel mumbling repeated Romans words with a small grin present on his face.

r o m a n
Roman grinned widely when Samuel pulled him into a kiss. It was such a turn of events that he couldn't help but beam when it occurred. It meant that Samuel was improving, and that he was growing more and more confident out in public. Needless to say, Roman was delighted.

"I love you," he said to his gorgeous boyfriend, leaning in to give him one final peck on the lips before pulling away and walking with his boyfriend down the street. People looked, of course, but Roman barely paid them any attention. They could stare all they liked.

"London has her first ultrasound next week," Roman said as they boarded the bus. He leaned his head against the window, because he was too tall for the headrest, and kept his hand in Samuel's. "I'm going to be an uncle. I'm scared."

Even if Samuel managed to mostly ignore the looks they attracted walking together to the bus pretty well he felt pretty relieved as soon as they were seated. There was something about knowing that they were on their way home that did make him more relaxed.

It wasn't that he hadn't enjoyed himself at all, quite the opposite, he loved just doing something fun with his boyfriend, but he found himself looking forward to a point in the future where he felt little to no discomfort being out on a date with him. Hopefully that would be soon.

"Well you obviously have nothing to be scared about since what we've learned today is that kids adore you" Samuel squeezed his boyfriends hand slightly as he spoke "you'll be the coolest uncle"

Samuel really did believe that, Roman obviously liked kids with the amount of kids he wanted and with how protective he was over his sister Samuel was sure his boyfriend would be just as protective over the kid. He really would be a good uncle.

"Are they going to get to know the gender and stuff?" Samuel asked. He didn't really talk much about the baby stuff with Evan at all, his friend was presumably wanting a break when they hung out so Samuel relied on Roman to update him on the situation, "or do they want it to be a surprise or whatever?"

r o m a n
Roman knew that he had nothing to be worried about but still, he couldn't help but panic for his sister, who was so young, too young to be having a baby. "It's too early to find out the sex of the baby," Roman said as he leaned his head against the top of Samuel's and traced little patterns on the back of his boyfriend's hand.

"But when they can find out, they're going to be little bitches and not tell anyone until the baby is actually born," said a disgruntled Roman. "Which I think is bullshit. I want input on my niece or nephew's name."

He chuckled, he was obviously joking, but, still, it would be nice to know. As scared and nervous and anxious about the entire affair as he was, he was still happy that London was happy.

"And Evan better not be a little bitch and pass out in the delivery room or whatever."

"Just threaten him some more and he'll be to scared to even think of passing out" Samuel said a chuckled lightly as he referenced all the threats Roman had given Evan. Samuel wasn't about to stop him from doing it, Evan kind of deserved it for being stupid. Despite the situation being kind of shitty Evan and London did seem happy, which was good, "if anyone has the right to be a bitch and withhold that information it's London, though"

He closed his eyes again, leaning against his boyfriend, this time because he was tired. The good kind of tired that came of a day off fun and not the mental exhaustion he had felt since the trial. Now he felt genuinely happy, no heavy feelings on the side of it and no dark thoughts making its way into his head to ruin it.

"Speaking of her, is she and your parents home?" Samuel said, eyes still closed enjoying the feeling of Romans slender fingers tracing patterns on his hands, "'Cus my mum's out of town and she brought Daisy with her so otherwise we could go to my place"

Samuel would have just asked him to come over to his place, he just preferred being over at Romans, he was sure there were a load of underlying and unpleasant reasons he didn't feel as comfortable being with his boyfriend at his own house, but Samuel still liked to think that he just enjoyed being in a place that reminded him so much of Roman.

r o m a n
"We can go to your place."

It was an undeniable fact that Roman felt more comfortable in his own house but he would go to Samuel's if he asked him to do so. He wouldn't deny his boyfriend the right to be happy in his own home, especially not since the negative vibes had been cleared out. Roman didn't think of it as the place he had nearly died in now, he thought of it as the place where Samuel could be safe and comfortable.

When they returned to Maryborough, they got off the bus at the train station which wasn't far from Samuel's place -- nothing was really too far away in such a small town -- so they just walked. Roman gripped his boyfriend's hand as they made their way to the Ortega household which was much more inviting since he knew Manuel wasn't there anymore.

"I really am sorry about Daisy," he said, flopping down on Samuel's bed and looking up at the bare ceiling. "I feel bad, like, you can't spend time with your dog when I'm around you because I'm a 'spazz', as Ricky so eloquently put it." He made air quotes around the word.

"You're not a spazz, Ricky is a fucking asshole" Samuel muttered, feeling a small spark of anger light up briefly as Ricky's words were mentioned, and laid down next to Roman, wrapping an arm around him and cuddling up close, and then continued in a normal and hopefully reassuring tone, "I'm with Daisy all the time so I don't really care, you have a phobia, it's nothing to apologize for"

Samuel really didn't mind not spending time with Daisy when Roman was over, sure it would have been nice if he could have, but he'd much rather his boyfriend be comfortable.

"besides she'd probably get jealous when I can't stop myself from giving you all of my attention," Samuel leaned in to place a gentle kiss on his boyfriend's jawline to make the point, "For an old lady she sure acts like a puppy sometimes"

Samuel generally just refrained from talking about Daisy when Roman was around, he didn't avoid the subject completely of course, if he really wanted to say something about the dog would, but he saw no reason to bring her up more than necessary just in case it would bring Romans mood down.

r o m a n
Roman knew Samuel didn't care about not spending all his time with the dog, but he couldn't help but feel a little guilty since it was an undeniable fact that he was restricting his boyfriend from interacting with a beloved pet. He sighed heavily through his nose and pulled Samuel in closer.

"It's not just you and Daisy, it's just horribly inconvenient," Roman said. "Like, if I ever go for a walk I'm always panicked I'll see a stray or even a dog walker. Before the incident we had a dog, this absolutely beautiful German shepherd, then the accident happened and we had to give the dog away because I was just so scared of it. Brooklyn didn't talk to me for like three months."

Samuel hated to admit to himself that he would probably have been just as upset as Brooklyn if they would have had to given away Daisy because of someone else, because it really wasn't fair to be upset when it was to make sure that person wouldn't have to be exposed to what they were scared off. Samuel, of course, didn't mention this thought though and simply looked at his boyfriend with a concerned frown.

"I wish you wouldn't have to feel scared at all, cus I don't want you to feel bad ever" Samuel couldn't imagine the feeling of being scared when just walking down the street just in case you would see a dog, which really wasn't uncommon at all. He let his hand cup Romans face and gently brushed his thumb down his boyfriend's cheek, as to give comfort even though he wasn't scared right then, "But that's how things are and nobody blames you for it, okay"

r o m a n
Roman sighed heavily and pushed a hand through his hair. He had put a damper on the day but it was a subject that needed to be discussed. It was important for Samuel to know about all of Roman's little issues and oddities so he could learn how to better deal with his boyfriend when he had an episode.

"Maybe I could do that exposure therapy thing," he murmured. "People do it with snakes and spiders." Though those were obviously more common phobias.

"I mean, If you want to, you could do that" Samuel said somewhat carefully, he had gotten by now that Romans phobia of dogs was a very sensitive subject for him, "Anything that would make your fear more manageable is a good thing, right?"

He didn't want his boyfriend to be scared, and the thought of him having to be just that in order to get what would probably be a little better was something that Samuel couldn't help but to feel conflicted by. Ultimately wanting to work towards something that would make his life better was a good thing and Samuel was proud of Roman for suggesting it.

"I bet it's a lot of work though, so only do it if you're comfortable with it, alright?" Even if it was good Samuel definitely wouldn't pressure him into doing something like that, but he'd be there for him if he decided he could handle it "not to convenience anyone else"

r o m a n
"Thanks," Roman murmured, rubbing Samuel's shoulder and kissing him on the forehead. "For being so sweet."

It was refreshing to have someone who didn't walk on eggshells around him or treat him as if he were made of glass, like his parents and to some extent Bella, Elliot and Blake. Yes, Roman was significantly disadvantaged in more ways than just his haemophilia, though that was the main contributor, of course. But Samuel didn't treat him like he was a delicate fairy.

"Let's discuss something slightly less depressing," Roman recommended. "...Leprechauns. They're cool."

"Out of all mythological creatures you could have chosen you went with leprechauns" Samuel snorted, very amused at his boyfriend's choice of topic, "Leprechauns are fucking lame"

He gave Roman a small grin, waiting to see if he would actually defend the creatures or not. Roman never failed to make him happy and Samuel was very glad he had him. And even though Samuel rarely felt like he knew what to say in the way Roman seemed to when he cheered him up, he tried his best and would always listen to his boyfriend if he wanted to talk about his phobia or anything of the likes again.

Samuel would listen to him speaking about Leprechauns as well, but he wasn't about to defend them.