[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
Roman grinned when Elliot won -- or, rather, he grinned at Elliot's reaction, which was one of pure elation. Roman had expected Elliot to win with his left hand, because he was really very strong, and honestly, Roman would side against Evan in anything he could because that was the type of relationship they had.

"Okay, come on, who's next?"

The next twenty minutes or so was filled with an impromptu arm wrestling tournament between the four strongest individuals there, Samuel, Elliot, Evan and Blake. Evan of course beat Blake and Samuel pretty easily, that wasn't a surprise. Samuel and Elliot had a little bit of a fairer fight, since they were both left handed, but as Bella had predicted, Elliot had an advantage due to the majority of his strength being focused in his arms. Elliot also easily beat Blake.

What was interesting, however, was the two matches between Samuel and Blake. Samuel easily beat Blake with his left hand, to no one's surprise, but when it came to their right hands, Blake put up a really solid fight. She wasn't pushing Samuel down, per se, but she kept her arm strong and steady for a solid four minutes, until Samuel began to grow tired and his arm slipped due to what was probably exhaustion.

Everyone watched, shocked, as Samuel's hand began to lower and lower and lower until finally, the back of the appendage was resting on the table and Blake had pulled away, throwing her hands up out of victory, clearly pleased with her success.

The next couple of minutes were filled with plenty of fun arm wrestling. They obviously tried every kind of combination of the strong people in the room, because It's was fun to compare who was the strongest.

After Samuel was defeated by Elliot he insisted that he definitely would have been able to kick the shit out of him, because he had stronger leg muscles. Evan disagreed and informed him that it didn't matter if Samuel had the stronger legs because he'd bed to scare to kick anyone. Which was true.

Samuel didn't win much, but he didn't care because he was only competitive when it came to soccer. He did win his first game over Blake, however, which he felt a little triumphant by, it was fun to win even if he wasn't competitive and he knew Blake was strong so it was still pretty cool.

And Blake certainly showed that strength in their next game, when Samuel had to use his right hand and she won. Samuel just stared at his hand as Blake celebrated, "shit?" He was genuinely surprised, or well not that surprised, he just hadn't expected to lose but it made sense because really, Blake was strong. Samuel shrugged and moved his hand from the table, "Well good game I guess," he smiled at Blake, unlike Elliot and Evan he wasn't a total ass about losing.

Then Samuel turned to Roman, "will you still love me even now when you know I'm one of the least strong out of the strong people?" He asked jokingly.

Reactions: lxngdon
r o m a n
Roman chuckled and reached over to run his fingers gently through his husband's hair. "Naw, baby," he said sweetly, moving his hand to rest it against Samuel's cheek. "As long as you're strong enough to beat up Matthew when he bullies me, I don't care how many arm wrestling matches you lose."

"Hey," protested Elissa from her place in Matthew's lap. "Matthew could totally take Samuel."

Roman just raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, maybe not, but he would definitely beat Samuel in a battle of wits!"

"You don't bring wits to a fist fight," Roman said matter-of-factly. Despite his serious tone, he was having a lot of fun. He had been having fun all night, and that was because he was surrounded by his friends and sister and husband. He loved these people, and considered himself incredibly lucky to have secured this group of amazing individuals as friends in his life.

Elissa pouted, sat up and turned to Matthew, poking him on the chest. "Defend my honour," she demanded like a petulant child.

"of course, beautiful," Matthew, chuckled a little and kissed Elissa's cheek, the kind of emotions she dragged out of him was amazing. He turned to Roman with a much less loving expression, "You see, Roman," Matthew said as if he was explaining something to someone who was very, very stupid, it was a little harder to tell with someone like Matthew but he was joking, most people in the room knew him well enough to be able to realise that, "if you're going to have a fight with Samuel there is no point in bringing anything other than your wits, because he won't actually physically fight you, and words will hurt him just as bad,"

Matthew had definitely defended his girlfriend's point and thus her honour, and also earned some laughs at Samuel's expense, which Samuel was not going to let slide.

"okay but no, I would fight you because you're a douchebag," as he spoke Samuel stood and headed back to the spot he had occupied before he had partaken in the arm wrestling, which was in Roman's lap, where he now made himself cozy, "Why is it even a running joke that I can't fight people, do you guys even know how many walls I punched in high school? Like three, I'm very destructive,"

"I'm sure the walls were very sad, but they aren't really known for fighting back, you know,"

"Roman, he's being mean to me, you should defend my honour too,"
Samuel whined and nuzzled his face in the crook of his husband's neck for a moment, "and you have to defend me better than Matthew did Elissa,"

r o m a n
"Well ... I mean ... technically Matthew isn't wrong."

"Ha!" Elissa said triumphantly as Elliot and London both bursts into fits of laughter. It was clear that it was all in good fun, though, and Roman gave his husband an affectionate kiss to the forehead so he would know that he was only joking.

Elissa, however, gave her boyfriend a triumphant kiss to the lips and beamed. "We win! How do you feel?"

"Matthew doesn't feel anything, he's a cold, solid rock of apathy." Roman had to get one little roast in before calling it a day.

"Yeah, but he's cute." Elissa rested her head on top of Matthew's and hugged him close, causing his glasses to become a little askew. "Look at how cute he is."

"Excuse me, Samuel, is way cuter, look at him," Roman protested, gently cupping his husband's chin to highlight how cute he was.

Bella rolled her eyes and muttered something to Delilah as this being able to go on forever.

"Fuck you, Roman, you didn't even defend my honour, you have no right to call me cute," Samuel gently swatted Roman's hand away, crossed his arms and gave him a grumpy expression.

"So, you're giving me the win?" Matthew asked, tone monotone bit with a slightly amused.

"No, I'm still cuter than you, Roman just can't say it because I'm angry at him," Samuel said in a semi-serious tone, even if his body language spoke for the fact that he was joking. Was he actually angry he wouldn't still be on Roman's lap.

"I don't think Roman is getting laid tonight," Evan joked, probably taking the opportunity to say something like that when he didn't have his daughter there. He got a couple of laughs and Samuel's cheeks heated up a little, he turned his glare towards Evan instead.

"Everyone here is mean and dumb and I hate you all," Samuel joked, but did sound a little whiny, Gabi just laughed more. Really though he loved his and Roan's friends, they were all good people and Samuel couldn't think of any other people he'd rather hang out with.

The night evening continued on and what was probably five bags of chips and three bottles of coke later they were all tired of playing games, both the video games and the board games, but everyone seemed to have had a fun evening. Samuel certainly had. There were few things better than hanging out with friends when there wasn't any drama going on and nothing to worry about. It had been a good evening and Samuel hoped it wouldn't be long until they could all see each other again.

r o m a n
"Why are we even here?"

"What?"

"WHY ARE WE EVEN HERE?!"

"OH! BECAUSE IT'S FUN!"

In Roman's humble opinion, there were a lot of things that were much more fun than clubbing.

Roman and Samuel had somehow been convinced to go to a nightclub with Bella and Delilah, and so what was what they were doing that Saturday night. Roman already had half a headache due to the intense noise and the flashing lights. He was sitting one end of a long red couch, with an alcoholic beverage in his hand and Samuel by his side. Bella and Delilah were dancing a few feet away from them.

Roman had decided to dress for the occasion in black skinny jeans and a sparkly silver T-shirt, with silver glitter in his hair. He also wore glittery silver eyeliner and black lipstick. Meanwhile, Bella wore an absolutely stunning dress -- it was bright pink, and made of latex, with a holographic reflect to it. The colour matched her hair perfectly. She had matched her makeup to the holographic tones, just as Roman had done for the Bruno Mars concert, and also wore black fishnet stockings and what Elliot would call 'stripper heels'. Black thigh-high leather boots.

Roman took a sip of his drink, which was honestly not that bad, and turned to Samuel. "Why are they playing such shit music?" he asked, referencing the hip hop track that was being blasted through the building.

"The music isn't shit, just too loud," Samuel said, somewhat loudly for Roman to hear over the music that was indeed very loud. The DJ was playing lightly remixed pop songs, or maybe he had just turned up the base a lot, Samuel wasn't sure, but he could practically feel the music, or at least he had been able to when they were closer to the dance floor, now they were sitting a little off to the side. Delilah and Bella were off dancing and Samuel was sitting tightly pressed to Roman.

He didn't really like being there at all, he didn't know how he had gotten convinced to go clubbing, or Roman either for the matter, but they were there now so all he could do was grin and bear it. And drink the alcoholic beverage in his hand. Neither he nor Roman was supposed to drink on their medication, but they both were responsible and wouldn't be downing shots within the next five minutes obviously. Samuel was just pretty sure he wouldn't be able to deal with being in a place crowded with so many people and so loud audio without being at least a little drunk.

And at least he had Roman who seemed just as disgruntled about being there as he was, "I don't get the point, why would you want to go to a place where you can't hear people talk, everyone is drunk, and you barely can move because there are so many people inside?"

The one positive thing Samuel could see with the evening was the fact that Roman had dressed up all nicely for it. He looked gorgeous. Samuel himself wore a navy, kind of loose-fitting t-shirt with a light blue floral pattern, a pair of black chinos and socks that matched the t-shirt. He had also allowed Roman to paint his nails, they were dark blue to go with the outfit. At home Samuel had felt good with his outfit choice, it was really out of the box for him, but it had looked cool, and also a lot more gay than usually, if one were to go by stereotypes. Now though, he just felt self-conscious about it.

Delilah looked as good as ever in tight black jeans and a lacey white spaghetti strap crop top and her hair pinned back with some bobby pins. She looked simple, normal and also somehow better than most and she and Bella looked quite stunning together where they were dancing amongst all the people.

Samuel took a sip of his drink, it had been a while since he had drunk anything with alcohol in it, other than the occasional glass of champagne, but he had ordered a mojito, which he was certain fell into the girly category, but it mostly just tasted sweet and it was eighty percent ice so he felt like it was a good drink for people who weren't supposed to drink, "Like really, how is this better than dancing at home to your own music with people you know?"

r o m a n
"I feel like you can literally only enjoy this type of scenario if you're really fucking drunk," Roman half-shouted over the music.

He honestly didn't like this at all and he couldn't wait to go home. Maybe, just maybe, he might be able to see the appeal if he was single. He looked around and saw many attractive individuals, many of whom were giving him interested glances. There was a gorgeous dark-skinned girl with stunning curly hair dancing nearby that smiled at him when he made eye contact, and a muscly tanned dude who was pointing him out to his fellow muscly tanned friends, and it was clear what they were thinking. Back in his teen days, Roman would have loved this attention, but he was literally married to the man sitting beside him. He didn't care about these admirers.

Roman sighed and put an arm around Samuel's shoulders, pulling him close. This was both to remind himself of the only good thing here, and to send a message to the people who were eyeing him. He was very much taken. Roman downed the rest of his own mojito, which he had only ordered because Samuel had ordered one. Roman still hated alcohol but like his husband, he didn't think he'd be able to handle this place if he wasn't at least a little intoxicated.

"Speaking of which, I think we need more drinks," he said to his husband over the loud music, showing him the empty glass. "If you go get them I'll do the dishes when we get home," he bribed.

"You would do the dishes anyways," Samuel chuckled and rolled his eyes, but he still stood to go get them drinks, despite not enjoying the crowd he liked having something to do and with their drinks being empty he wouldn't be able to drink as a distraction, "but I'll love you so I'll go get them, be right back, don't miss me too much," He kissed Roman's cheek and hurried over to the bar, where he stood for a little longer than he should have had, because he was scared of accidentally cutting the non-existent line, before he ordered refills for their drinks.

As he waited he suddenly felt a tap on the shoulder and someone going "hey," a little too close to his ear. Samuel turned to see a man. And god was this man stunning. He was tall, not Roman tall, obviously, but possibly an inch or so taller than Elliot. Toned body, tan muscular arms covered in tattoos that clearly were well made, Samuel wondered if Roman knew the artist. The man's hair was a dark, probably dyed black, his eyes, which were lined with some grungy eyeliner, were a really stunning blue colour.

Samuel had no idea why this beautiful stranger was talking to him.

"Uh, yeah?" He tried, awkwardly even if he had tried not to be awkward, he wasn't very good at interacting with strangers. However, the man just smiled at Samuel's awkward behaviour. He had a very nice smile.

"I wasn't fast enough this time, but I'd gladly buy you your next drink," And Samuel just stared because it wasn't until that moment it dawned on him that this man was hitting on him, "I'm Charlie, by the way,"

"I'm Samuel, but really it's fine, I'm not going to drink more after this," he said, both over and under sharing at the same time, he should have said no, I have a husband, sorry. But Samuel wasn't used to being hit on, when it happened it tended to be by creeps who could sense his low confidence and thought it'd be easy to get him in bed, other than that, he was generally overlooked. This was clearly different. The guy was nice and Samuel didn't know how to turn down someone nice. He didn't know how to deal with the situation, and besides, what if he wasn't actually hitting on him, then telling him he was married would be really embarrassing.

"Well, Samuel, It doesn't have to be alcoholic," Charlie smiled, warmly, and Samuel smiled back a little, because it was nice that he was considerate and his smile was infectious, but he supposed the man saw it as Samuel being interested. Which he wasn't. He didn't want to be with anyone but Roman, "I'll buy you a plain coke or just order you a glass of water if you want," he shrugged, still smiling, the bartender placed the drinks Samuel had ordered and paid for, if he hadn't Samuel was sure Charlie would have insisted on paying for them now, which would be awkward, "There's no need to be shy, I just wanted a reason to interact with you, because you're probably the cutest guy in here,"

"I am?" Samuel couldn't help but blurt out, because even if he wasn't interested in this guy that was nice to hear, usually people didn't even notice him, and he liked that, but it didn't mean he didn't get self-conscious to hear it sometimes. Samuel picked the drinks up to show that he was about to leave, and he tried to hold them up a little higher so the man would notice the rings on his finger, but he didn't.

"Yeah are you kidding? Your just my type," Charlie continued flirtatiously, probably trying one last time to peek Samuel's interest, "You're cute, but without being overly feminine, you know? And you seem like you've got muscle, which is hot as fuck, plus I really love your hair, I have a soft spot for curly hair, it's fucking gorgeous,"

r o m a n
Roman settled back into the couch to wait for Samuel to come back, taking the chance to look around and admire some of the attractive people there, because even if he was incredibly committed to his husband, he was unable to fail to notice individual beauty. He had saved this for when Samuel left, though, because even if he was slightly drunk he knew that his husband was prone to jealous behaviour.

Though apparently it was Roman's turn to be jealous that night. He looked across the room at the bar and immediately located his beautiful husband, and also noticed another beautiful man approach him and tap him on the shoulder. Immediately, Roman snapped to his feet and began to make his way over to prevent whatever his drunken mind was telling him was about to happen.

He was halted a little by the compressing crowd of people but managed to reach Samuel and the stranger just the stranger began to compliment Samuel's appearance. Roman scowled at the back of his head and made sure to knock into him with his shoulder as he stepped past and stood beside Samuel.

"Thanks, gorgeous," he said to Samuel as he took one of the mojitos out of Samuel's hand. He sipped it as he casually draped his left arm around Samuel's shoulders, resting his left hand on his husband's chest, making the wedding ring on his finger very obvious. He gave the guy a cold look over the rim of his glass, as if to say back off without actually vocalising this aggressive thought.

"And you are gorgeous," he said to Samuel, giving him an affectionate gaze before turning back to the man. "Which I would know, you know, being his husband and all. You know, his curly hair that you love so much, it gets really messy overnight, it's very cute, but, like, only I know that, you know, because we're married. Who are you anyway?"

Samuel was more than a little relieved when Roman came up to them, not because it had been an unpleasant situation but because it saved him from having to turn Charlie down. The man seemed a little sceptic at first, maybe doubting that this guy was even Samuel's boyfriend but as Roman put emphasis on the rings on his fingers Charlie's eyes darted over to Samuel's hand as well, spotting his rings and now he seemed to realise that this wasn't even just a date or something like that, no Roman and Samuel were very much married. And then Roman confirmed this with his words and the guy seriously looked a little guilty.

"I'm Charlie, and really, I'm sorry, mate, " Charlie said immediately after Roman had questioned his existence "I'll back off, I really thought he was single,"

Samuel shot the guy an apologetic smile, "Sorry, I should have told you right away, don't worry, no harm done" Samuel said, still a little awkwardly, but a lot more comfortable now that he had Roman's arm wrapped around him. sneaked his free arm around Roman's waist, because he was starting to feel the alcohol affecting him, and when he got drunk he tended to cling to his husband.

Roman's behavior was definitely off compared to how he usually acted in this kind of situation. Or well, him being forceful to get creeps away wasn't uncommon, but he was a lot more possessive now, putting emphasis on the fact that he was the one dating Samuel, not that the other guy was a creep. Maybe it was because he could tell Charlie wasn't a creep, or maybe he just hadn't been able to tell yet and thought Samuel was uncomfortable or something.

His behavior did seem kind of jealous though, Samuel couldn't help but think. Roman had never been the jealous type, that was Samuel's job, and even he had been able to tone the jealousy, because really, he could see how it got annoying. But Roman just didn't get jealous in this way, so Samuel doubted that was it and the moment Charlie indicated that he was a good guy, he'd probably lay off.

"No I should have noticed the ring and all that, you clearly wasn't interested, I just thought it was cute how shy you were" Charlie laughed a little, his laugh was very nice too.

Samuel shrugged, his cheeks probably turned a little red but it was dark in the club so Charlie wouldn't notice, "I mean I could have told you I was married, I just got thrown off by someone actually being interested in me, it doesn't happen often,"

Charlies eyes widened at that, as if he couldn't believe it, "Really? But you're gorgeous? I wasn't just saying that to get with you or anything, it's how I honestly feel But I guess it doesn't matter too much if people don't try to hit on you, since you've got a really hot husband." He smiled at Samuel as he complimented him again and then shot Roman a smile as if to assure him that he wasn't trying to hit on his husband anymore.

r o m a n
Charlie apologised and Roman reluctantly nodded, accepting it. Even through his state of mild intoxication, he knew that this guy wasn't going to try and pick up Samuel know that he knew Samuel was very married. He wasn't a creep, Roman could tell, and he figured that if his husband had to be hit on by anyone, he'd prefer people like this, who knew when to let it go.

But then Charlie started complimenting Samuel again, and the alcohol picked itself back up and fueled Roman's jealousy once more. He was too drunk to even care that he was being jealous. He gave Charlie a dirty look when he wasn't looking, then turned back to his drink and downed half of it in one go. He winced at the taste of the alcohol but looked back up at Charlie with the same cold look as before.

"No, it doesn't matter, not at all,"
he said matter-of-factly with an edge of bitterness to his tone. "Because that's how I honestly feel about him as well, and, you know, since we're married he's probably going to care more about that than about your random ass opinion." Roman hiccuped and finished his drink. He would look back on this the next morning and hate himself for how rude he had been to this guy, but right now, he didn't give a fuck.

He scowled at his empty glass, went to the bar and ordered another mojito. He leaned against the bar, pouted at Samuel and reached over to take his hand and pull him close. "Come on, stop, he has better tattoos than me and you're going to leave me for him and I love you," he drunkenly slurred.

Roman being all bitter and jealous was so unexpected for Samuel that he just couldn't really stop him, not from treating Charlie unfairly or for dragging him with him a little closer to the bar to order another drink.

Charlie followed them, leaned in to say "It was nice meeting you, sorry, it couldn't have been more pleasant," Samuel just let out a "Sorry," and let Charlie walk off to do whatever he was there for, he felt seriously bad, the guy really hadn't deserved that, and there was also a huge part of Samuel who wanted to defend his husband and tell Charlie that this wasn't how he usually was.

There was also a really small part of him that absolutely adored his husband being possessive over him, but he ignored that for now because he needed to support his husband. This was all clearly due to the alcohol, they neither of them had been drinking much but the kind of medication they were on made it work faster, which was why neither of them should be drinking much in the first place, at least unsupervised by a sober person. Sure, Roman would probably have a high alcohol tolerance because of his height had it not been for the meds, but as it was now Samuel didn't want him to pass out or get alcohol poisoning or something.

"Roman, you aren't supposed to drink this much," Samuel said softly, he hadn't gotten a chance to even drink his second drink yet, so while his mind was a little fussy, he could think pretty clear, so he asked the bartender to take the drink back and ordered two glasses of water instead. Once he had gotten those he pressed one into Roman's hand and took one himself before leading Roman back to where they had been sitting before.

"Listen, love, I'm not leaving you for anyone, he did not have better tattoos than you," Samuel said once they were seated, he decided to place a little kiss on his neck, and then because he was drunk he just continued to kiss his neck some more, then he pulled back a little, "I love you but you're being a total hypocrite by being jealous, because you always get mad at me for it," He said the last part stubbornly, he wasn't actually mad about it, but he didn't feel like it was entirely fair because if the roles had been reversed Roman would be angry with him right now.

Or well, maybe that'd be sort of fair since Samuel was jealous a lot more often, but still.

r o m a n
Roman whined and complained when his drink was sent back but ultimately didn't put up too much of a fight, and let his husband lead him back to their seat with the two glasses of water. He grouchily sipped his own, scowling at nothing in particular as Samuel reprimanded him for his bad behaviour.

"But he was hot," Roman slurred, a little splash of water dribbling from his glass and onto his shirt. "And he had muscles and he was tall but not freakishly tall like me. And he was nice, so I'm not a hypocrite, I was defending my marriage."

Roman sipped some more of his water and turned to his lovely husband. When he was sober he would know that he was being ridiculous and that there was no way in hell that Samuel would leave him for anyone, much less some random stranger that they met in a nightclub. But right now, Roman was unable to think so objectively, and settled for protectively holding his husband close.

"Don't leave me for hot tattooed guys with beautiful eyes that you meet in nightclubs, please," he mumbled against Samuel's ear.

Roman's behaviour was giving Samuel quite mixed feelings. There was still a part of him that really liked the possessiveness, because it was just Roman not wanting to share him with anyone else, it was also a little amusing, because drunk and grumpy Roman was kind of funny, and cute. Samuel whipped the water from Roman's shirt, or well he just put it there and didn't remove it. He also felt a little sad that Roman would think he would leave him, and Samuel supposed he finally understood why Roman always became quite hurt when Samuel acted very jealous.

But Samuel wouldn't ever want to leave him for hot strangers in nightclubs. He loved him way too much for that. And he especially wasn't going to leave Roman when he mumbled things in his ear because Samuel liked that a whole lot.

"Why would I try to get with hot tattooed guys with beautiful eyes in nightclubs when I already have one of those right here with me, who's also like really tall which is what I like, because it's hot," Samuel said softly, but louder than he would at home, because the music was still loud. Actually, he still didn't really want to be there at all and he threw a glance out at the people on the dancefloor. He found Bella and Delilah, they seemed to be having fun. Samuel, in his drunk state of mind, wondered briefly if they would notice if he and Roman just left. But he wasn't drunk enough to suggest that, no if they'd leave they'd go and tell their friends first.

"I'll prove it to you," Samuel smiled and leaned in and move the glass of water out of the way to give Roman a long, passionate and also slightly sloppy, kiss on the lips, when he pulled back he was still smiling and said, "see I wouldn't do anything like that to someone else. Only you, because I love you a lot... Even if you're a total hypocrite,"

r o m a n
"I love you too," Roman mumbled against his husband's lips. He was sobering up a little now, and therefore he could tell how stupid he had been being, and felt a little embarrassed because of it. "Can ... Can we go home now? Please? You can cuddle the jealousy out of me."

They agreed to leave, first finding Bella and Delilah and explaining that they were heading home. The girls were fine with it and they said their goodbyes over the loud DJ music. Since they had come in an Uber since all of them planned to drink, Roman ordered a car for them on their way out. It was a relief to be outside, in fresh air, with the music reduced to only a mildly annoying background groan. The cold night air also helped sober Roman up a little more, which he needed, because he hated being drunk.

"Okay, the car will be here in a few minutes," he said, stretching his arms after putting away his phone. He yawned and looked around out of boredom, before he sighted someone he had not expected to see.

Charlie. Immediately, Roman felt extremely guilty for how he had treated the poor guy. He had been genuinely nice and Roman had been an unnecessary prick to him, when he had tried to apologise for hitting on Samuel and make things right. Roman knew he had to do something about it, or he would feel shitty for ages. So, he shoved his hands into his pockets and approached the other man.

"Charlie!" he called when he was a few feet away. He stopped beside the man and looked at him sadly. "Look, I'm really sorry for how I acted before. Honestly. I'm not like that usually, I ... I don't know, I was drunk, and we only got married a few months ago so I guess it's kind of fresh still? But that doesn't excuse my behaviour. I genuinely am really sorry."

For a moment when Roman walked up to him, Charlie looked almost a little scared, as he was afraid Roman was going to keep being confrontational but the moment Roman started to explain himself his expression softened a little and he was back to that really nice smile he possessed. Samuel honestly still couldn't believe such a gorgeous guy had hit on him, but then again, he was dating Roman and he was even more beautiful.

"Look man, it's fine, I get it I was hitting on your husband, I'm sure even the best would get a little angry," Charlie shrugged, he didn't seem to be taking to much offence, but the gave Samuel a puzzled look, "But as long as you're telling the truth and you're not acting like this every time something like this happens, that'd be kind of shitty,"

"Actually, I'm usually the jealous one," Samuel admitted, a little embarrassed. He normally wouldn't admit that to a stranger but it was to defend Roman. He was the most amazing husband in the world and didn't usually become mad or conformational towards people unless it was necessary. That way Samuel knew he always had him there to protect him, with his words obviously, and that he would always treat him right. He loved Roman so much, "Really, don't worry, Roman barely ever gets jealous, he's just drunk,"

"Alright as long as everyone's okay, I don't care," Charlie shrugged, he really did seem like a nice guy, Samuel couldn't read his mind obviously, but it seemed like he had been genuinely worried about a shy guy being in a possessive relationship, "I'm going back in with to my friends, I was just out for a smoke anyways, but it really was nice to meet you, "

Charlie smiled and headed back inside. Samuel was quiet for a moment just processing what had just happened, he loved Roman so much, he was such a sweet person, just wanting to apologize. He didn't deserve to have been considered a bad husband for even a second by Charlie and Samuel was glad they seemed to have convinced him otherwise.

"Fuck he's a smoker?" Samuel turned to Roman and grabbed his hand casually, "well, there goes my plan to shove you into the Uber and run back in after him,"

r o m a n
Roman smiled at Charlie and said his goodbyes to the nice guy. He was just glad that he was able to apologise, both to ease his own mind and to ameliorate any negative feelings he had left with the dude. Roman hated being mean to people, unless they deserved it, and Charlie certainly hadn't. He was just a nice guy, innocently hitting on an attractive dude whom he had not known was married.

"Well, I'm glad he's a smoker, then, because I didn't want to take the scary Uber ride home," Roman joked. He pulled Samuel close for one small kiss to the forehead, the last of the evening -- or at least until they got home.

A few weeks later, he and Samuel, along with Elliot and Matilda and Matthew and Elissa, were meeting Blake at her workplace so they could all go to the movies to see the latest superhero film. It had been Blake's idea, though unfortunately Bella couldn't come because she had work. Roman was a little sad that the whole friendship group couldn't be together, but really just wanted to have a fun day with those who were able to come.

"Is this Marvel or DC?" Roman asked whoever as they entered the lobby of the gym Blake worked at. He wore a sunny yellow T-shirt that he had honestly stolen from Samuel's drawers that day, with black skinny jeans and no makeup.

"I think it's Marvel," Elissa said. She wore a lovely baby pink knitted sweater over pale blue skinny jeans and heeled white boots.

"Good, because DC sucks," said Elliot, who was decked out in his usual black attire.

"Batman's from DC."

"Yeah, and Batman doesn't have any powers, so that just proves my point."

Today Samuel was feeling pretty happy, because they had managed to gather a good amount of their friend to go out and catch a movie, and Samuel never said no to going to the movies. Unless it was a movie he was uncomfortable with watching, but that wasn't the case with a simple marvel superhero movie.

That day Roman had stolen one of Samuel's shirts. Roman in bright colours like that was a rare sight but Samuel liked it a lot and would never complain about Roman borrowing his clothes because he always looked really amazing in them. He also looked just as amazing without makeup as he did with.

Samuel himself was dressed in a pair of blue jeans, a red T-shirt and a pair of red blue and white striped socks, nothing special really. They had both gone for looking quite casual that day. Matthew looked as classy as ever, however, in a dress shirt with brown pants and dress shoes, he was also wearing a scarf in the same colour as his girlfriend's sweater, so they kind of matched. Tilly also matched Elliot quite well, she was dressed in black tights, a black knit cardigan and a cute little purple flowy dress.

They were all looking nice, Samuel and Roman terribly mismatched as usual, but the rest of them looked like dating couples. Samuel had his hand in Roman's though, so that it was clear for the passing middle aged lady that passed and looked at Roman that he was taken.

The one they were waiting for was Blake, who'd be out any minute probably, in the mean-time, they discussed the movies they were going to see.

"And DC has Harley Quinn, who was played by Margot Robbie at one point, and Roman likes her so DC is okay," Samuel insisted.

"Samuel you can't base your movie franchise decision on what actors you husband likes," Matthew said after rolling his eyes.