[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
"And why not?" Blake demanded in an amused tone as she stepped into the lobby, wearing a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and a white tank top with a print of one of her favourite bands on it. She carried a gym bag that was presumably filled with her clothes, and approached her friends with a smile.

"Because that would be biased, but whatever, I don't understand anything Matthew --"

"Hey, Blake!"

Roman was cut off by the sound of an unfamiliar male voice and everyone looked up to see a young man come through the same door that Blake had come through, wearing a big smile on his face. He was a tall and thin man, a couple of inches shorter than Elliot and only a few kilos heavier than Roman. He had long-ish, greasy-looking brown hair, pimply, sallow skin and dull grey eyes, the colour of which almost perfectly matched his sweatpants. He also wore an old-looking blue hoodie. He reminded Roman of a young Severus Snape, only much, much happier.

"Oh, um, hey, Kyle," Blake said very awkwardly. Clearly she knew this guy, but didn't want to talk to him all that much. Elliot instinctively moved Matilda behind him and made eye contact with Roman.

"Y - You left this by the treadmills," Kyle said, holding out something small to Blake, clearly very excited to be giving her something he seemed to think she had lost. Blake took it, and frowned at it. Roman leaned around her to see what it was and found that it was ... a bottlecap.

This guy had run after her to give her a bottlecap.

"Um, thanks, Kyle," Blake said, frowning but pocketing the bottlecap. Roman suspected she only did so to spare the guy's feelings.

"Where are you going?" he asked in a rush of words, his eyes slightly wide as he gazed at Blake. He was panting ever so slightly, like he was out of breath.

"...To the movies?"

"Which ones? What are you seeing? Can I --"

"Okay, we really have to go, or we'll miss our movie,"
Elliot interjected, keeping Matilda behind him as he reached over to put an arm around Blake and steer her away protectively. "Bye," he said pointedly to the creepy dude.

"Oh, um, okay, bye, Blake, I'll see you on Thursday?"
Kyle insisted.

"Maybe," Blake called out, unable to look as she and her friends all left the lobby. Roman gave Kyle an uncertain look before securely making sure that the door shut behind him.

"Who the fuck was that?" Elliot asked Blake with a heavily concerned tone. Blake reached into her pocket, pulled out the bottlecap and threw it in the nearest bin, discomfort written all over her face.

"Ugh -- he's the brother of a woman who works with me, and he's always hanging around and he's obsessed with me, I hate it."

Blake joined them and they were all ready to leave when they were stopped by… Someone. No one seemed to know who this guy, Kyle apparently, was, save for Blake who looked very uncomfortable. Samuel always looked up to Blake for being a very level-headed person, he felt like she usually had a good grip on most situations, but he knew that at the end of the day she was a person just like anyone else and got uncomfortable in situations she wasn't okay with. It was just a little jarring to see, but Samuel could also see why, Kyle was coming on both a little strong and a little weird.

It wasn't that the guy seemed creepy or anything by appearance. But there was something a little off in the way he acted, the way he didn't seem to pick up on Blakes discomfort that was clear even to people who didn't know her. Elliot seemed to share that opinion as he put his tiny girlfriend behind him and Matthew stood straighter, looking at him with what Samuel could detect was suspicion hiding under the layers of blank.

They all watched the exchange, which Elliot literally had to save Blake from and then they were finally out of the lobby and they could get filled in on who this guy was.

"Like obsessed in an interested in you kind of way?" Samuel asked as they started walking, they could stop in a while if they needed but it was obvious to everyone that they wanted to put some distance between themselves and the gym, just in case Kyle tried to tag along again, or something,"Does he know you're not into guys?"

"Or people in general unless you have a connection with them," Matthew added, it wasn't uncommon for him to point out things like that regarding ace identities, because it was important to him, even if it contributed little to the topic at hand.

Matthew had long since gotten over whatever his thing with Blake, sure things were probably a tad awkward, but Matthew had honestly not wanted anything more than being friends with another person on the asexual spectrum, he had told Samuel this at a much later date. Samuel supposed Blake had found that awkward and annoying back then, but this was clearly a different situation. Matthew had wanted to be friends with her for what could be seen as the wrong reasons, but he had backed off.

"Yeah that too," Samuel added with a shrug, but the point was just if he knew Blake wasn't interested and he was actively ignoring it or something.

r o m a n
"Yes, oh my god — he asked me out like a week after I met him and had spoken to him like twice, and I told him that I was a lesbian and that I wasn't interested and he just keeps fucking pushing!" Blake clenched her fingers in her short hair as if she was going to rip it out. "Like, at least once a fucking week he comes and asks me if I want to do something with him and I tell him no every single fucking time but he won't stop and I hate it."

"Blake, what the fuck, why didn't you tell us?" Roman demanded, letting Samuel's hand go as he sped up to walk at Blake's left side. Elliot still walked at her right, but gently let Matilda's hand go and murmured something to her about being sorry but needing to focus on Blake. Out of all the people there, they knew that Roman and Elliot were closest to the troubled woman and therefore would have the best chance of helping her.

"You know that's literally sexual harassment, right?" Elliot asked somewhat bluntly. "And that he can get charged and you can get a restraining order or whatever."

"No," Blake said, in such a different tone that Roman looked at Elliot in confusion. This tone wasn't angry and frustrated like her previous tone had been, this one was dismissive and somewhat ... empathetic. Like she was answering with Kyle's feelings in mind. "No, I'm not going to do that."

"Why not? He's clearly distressing you, stalking you —"

"Look, Ell, his sister told me he has autism," Blake said in a conflicted tone. "And he apparently develops these fixations with people and things and it just takes him a while to get over them. He's mentally ill, I can't ... I can't charge him or anything like that when he's not even really aware of what he's doing."

"...I'm sorry for interjecting, but that's really not an excuse," Elissa said from behind Blake. "My ex-boyfriend was technically mentally ill, he had bipolar disorder and manic depression and he has a genetic vulnerability to schizophrenia, and he beat me and manipulated me the entire time I was with him. I know it's not the same thing but even if this guy is mentally ill, he's still doing the wrong thing and he needs help."

Everyone was silent after Elissa's little speech. Roman glanced at her over his shoulder and watched her step a little closer to Matthew and clasp his hand in both of her own. It had clearly took a lot for her to speak about Kai in such an open way in front of her friends, but she had clearly done it because she wanted to help Blake. Roman gave her a grateful smile.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a small moment of silence as the weight of Elissa's words sunk in. During that moment Matthew kissed her hands and the top of the head, comforting her after talking about what was a really difficult subject for her, just to help her friend.

"Yeah mental illness or mental disabilities doesn't give you an excuse to commit crimes or harass people." Samuel agreed, softly, to not be too forceful right after someone had shared something so emotional, "And it's not like they would ignore the fact that he has autism if you did press charges though," Samuel continued, after Roman had moved to Blake Samuel had taken Elliot's spot next to Matilda. He didn't have any problem with Roman letting him go to help his friend and Matilda seemed to have no problem with Elliot having done the same.

There was no doubt that some member aid their group were closer friends with other, but that wasn't really a problem to anyone, they were all friends at the end of the day, and if some people could help more due to being closer it was better than no one being that close to that person.

"So turning him in might just ensure that he gets more help his family might not realize he needs," Samuel reasoned, "And he's still an adult man, if he hadn't had autism no one would have thought twice about you trying to get a restraining order for this,"

"But you know if you don't want to take legal action you could always try talking to his sister?" Matilda suggested with sweet but concerned voice, "maybe he doesn't have to come with her to work as often as he does?"

r o m a n
Samuel and Matilda were making good points and Roman carefully watched Blake to see how their words were affecting her. She was staring up ahead, her face creased with concern and confliction. She had clearly thought long and hard about this whole issue and wasn't really sure how to proceed with it. Roman wanted nothing more to help her, but he couldn't help her if she didn't want to be helped.

"I don't know," she said with uncertainty. "I mean, his sister is pretty insistent that he'll move on in a couple of weeks or something, and I don't want to upset him."

"...But what if he doesn't move on?" Roman asked carefully. He wanted Blake to be right. He wanted Kyle to move on and for Blake to be safe and comfortable in her own workplace. But he wasn't sure if that was possible at the moment, with this guy harassing her.

"And your safety is more important than his feelings," Elliot said darkly.

"He's not going to hurt me," Blake insisted.

"You don't know that," Roman said quietly.

Blake was silent for a few more moments, chewing her lip as they walked. Roman's heart ached for her. She deserved the best, she was just a genuinely kind and selfless person, but bad things seemed to happen to good people.

"Look, I'll do something about it if it gets worse, okay?" she said to no one in particular.

"...Just promise you'll tell us if something happens."

"I promise."

A couple of weeks passed and Blake never expressed that things got worse with the whole Kyle situation, however Samuel never heard anything about it getting better. It was possible that this informations wasn't getting to him but he had a feeling that if Blake told Roman anything it would get to him eventually.

The next time they managed to meet up all together, or well as many of them as possible, it was to watch Elliot play baseball. The people who had been able to make it were all the original house mates from when they first moved to Melbourne. Matilda included, obviously, since she had practically moved in right away after she and Elliot got together, and because she obviously would be there to watch her boyfriend play. And since Bella was there Delilah was also there, which Samuel doubted anyone minded because she was a truly fun person to have around.

Samuel was excited to get to watch Elliot play, it was always fun, he liked sports. He had also brought the camera to try to figure out how to photograph people in motion. He was slowly getting more and more into the whole photography thing, sure he still wasn't very good at it but it was fun and he was slowly starting to learn how to use other settings than auto. Today was a good day to practice.

Samuel highly doubted he was more excited than Matilda though, she were practically bouncing as they were walking to take their seats in the bleachers, Elliot had already joined the team for warm ups but they were all there with plenty of time to spare.

"I just know they'll win, they've been doing really good this season," Matilda informed her friends happily, that day she was wearing black thigh highs, a simple but cute black t-shirt tucked into a high waisted floral patterned skirt in colours that went well with her pink and purple hair, which he had braided into twin braids. On top of the outfit she wore a comfy looking black hoodie that managed to look stylish, and on her head she wore one of Elliot's team's baseball caps.

"I'm pretty sure I've only watched games were they win," Samuel said with a shrug he wasn't holding Roman's hand that bright and sunny day, because he was clasping the camera with both of them, he still wasn't very comfortable taking pictures in public but with friends and Roman there it felt okay so he moved the camera up and captured the girl's cute smile in a picture before he continued, "I dunno if they're just that good or if I've been lucky,"

"They are just that good," Matilda said, not in a boasting way, just proudly and looked out at the field in search of her boyfriend.

r o m a n
"I'm sure they'll do well," Roman said from his place beside Samuel. Like most of the previous times they had attended Elliot's games, they were seated right in front of the batter's space, close to the action. Roman wore one of Samuel's soccer shirts over his skinny jeans that day, and while he guessed it would have been more appropriate to wear one of Elliot's baseball jerseys, he felt very comfortable and cozy in his husband's clothes.

The teams came out onto the field, Elliot leading his team because he was the captain, a fact he was very proud of. Upon reaching the pitch, Elliot looked up at the stands and beamed at his girlfriend, blowing her a little kiss before turning back to the umpire.

"He seems confident," Roman noted.

Of course, Elliot's team won and Elliot performed brilliantly. Roman might have been imagining it, but it was almost as if Elliot was pushing himself twice as hard as he usually did, like this game meant more to him than the rest had. Roman didn't think that was the case, since it was as if this was a final or anything of the sort, but it didn't matter, because ultimately they came out victorious.

Roman and Bella clapped and cheered along with everyone else as Elliot and his teammates celebrated on the pitch. Then, the players began to make their way off the field, but Elliot came running back on straight away, with a microphone in his hand. He now looked extremely nervous, but his voice remained steady as he raised the device to his lips.

"Hi, hello, everyone, sorry, my name is Elliot Darter, and I'm the captain of the Diamonds team. I'd just like to take up a few more moments of your time, if that's okay. I have something I'd like to say."

There was some confused mumbling but everyone settled back into their seats without complaint. Roman shot a confused look at Bella, who shrugged, but they both turned back to face the front and listen to what their friend had to say.

The game went well, and the Diamonds won. Even if Samuel wasn't a baseball player he could easily tell Elliot was doing his best to make sure of that win, even more than the last couple of times he and Roman had tagged along Matilda to watch. Samuel didn't think much of it though, not until the game was over and Elliot had stepped out on the field and started to address the spectators.

There were a couple of confused glances exchanged amongst their friends, but no one seemed to know what was going on, not even Matilda, who also looked around a little too see if her boyfriend had told anyone else what he was doing. Samuel caught her eye for a second and gave her a puzzled look, her response was a shrug.

"You don't know what he's doing?"
Delilah asked quietly, a little surprised, because you'd think Elliot told Matilda everything he did. The conclusion Samuel got to was that it had to be some kind of surprise for the girl, so, he kept the camera ready, in case it was something worthy of immortalizing in pictures.

Matilda shook her head gently and turned to look at her boyfriend. Her eyes were wide and curious, she didn't know what Elliot was going to do but he still had her full attention, because she was his girlfriend and he her boyfriend and it was clear that the both of them loved each other a lot. Samuel thought it was sweet, heck he had always thought the two of them were a very sweet couple, and he could see that the two of them shared the same kind of connection he and Roman did, and that made him very happy for their friends.

r o m a n
Elliot took a deep breath. He was clearly nervous, which was uncharacteristic of him, but Roman trusted Elliot and knew that this would be worth the wait.

"Okay, so, I never thought I'd be doing this in my whole life, but here I am, and I hope this goes well today." Elliot paused and gestured to some people who were standing by the side of the pitch, his teammates. Two of them approached the stands where Roman and the rest were sitting. One, a tall blonde guy named Fraser, opened the gate that lead to the stands and took a few steps up to their row. He held his hand out to Matilda and proceeded to help her down the steps and onto the field.

Elliot smiled at her, his breath taken away for a moment as he set his eyes on his stunning girlfriend. Roman let out a little gasp and clamped a hand over his mouth as he realised what was going to happen.

Once Fraser had lead Matilda to the centre of the pitch, Elliot took another deep breath and reached over to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. Roman was bouncing his legs excitedly as he watched.

"Matilda Sofia Grace," Elliot said in an earnest and emotional tone. "I love you more than words can describe. Like I said, I never thought I would be doing this, I never thought I would be able to settle down with one person and hopefully spend the rest of my life with them. But all of that changed when I met you."

People started muttering and awwing as they realised what Elliot was trying to, and they positively cheered when Elliot dropped down to one knee. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small felt case, and opened it to show to Matilda. No one else could see it, but it was obvious what was inside it.

"Matilda Sofia Grace, you are the love of my life, and every day I have spent with you has been filled with light and happiness. You have made me a better person, so much that I can hardly recognise the person I was before I fell in love with you. So ... Matilda Sofia Grace, will you marry me?"

It didn't take Samuel too long to realize what Elliot was doing after he had had his teammates lead his girlfriend to him. He recognized the nervous demeanour the confidant man sported both from Evan's proposal to London and Samuel's own to Roman. He could tell Roman had figured it out too because he was adorable showing his excitement by practically bouncing up and down his seat.

Matilda seemed to have realized what was going on too because as Elliot was speaking she had lifted a hand to her mouth as if she couldn't believe it. Samuel couldn't see from there but he would bet just about anything that her eyes were filling up with tears.

And then Elliot asked that short but incredibly meaningful question and suddenly everything was very very quiet as everyone waited for Matilda's answer. And the didn't have to wait for more than a second because Matilda almost immediately nodded her head repeatedly, her hand still stuck to her mouth. Then she seemed to realize that generally, you gave a verbal reply to that question.

"Yes oh my god, yes, yes," she said after removing her hand, her voice sounded happier than Samuel ever had heard her, filled with tears and nothing but good emotions. When she had said her final yes she practically just threw herself onto her tall husband to give him a big hug before he even got the chance to put the ring on her finger.

As it was happening Samuel snapped a picture or two, because he honestly thought that if there had been someone with a camera there during his proposal to Roman and they hadn't taken at least one person he would have murdered them. So, he got a couple of pictures when Matilda was walked down to the middle of the field. A couple when Elliot talked and one just at the exact moment when Elliot asked for Matilda's hand in marriage. And then, of course, a couple after Matilda had thrown herself into Elliot's arms.

He would do his duty as their friend and send them the pictures later, even the ones that turned out a little blurry because Samuel was bad at keeping his hand steady.

r o m a n
The crowd erupted in cheers and claps and screams of joy when Matilda said yes. Roman's cheers were probably among the loudest. He stood up and clapped almost maniacally as he watched his best friend burst into tears, wrap his arms around his new fiancée and hold her as tightly as he could.

This hadn't been expected, but Roman couldn't be happier. He had already experienced his own beautiful wedding and couldn't wait to attend that of two of his best friends.

Roman watched as Elliot pulled away, pressed a sweet and tender kiss to Matilda's lips, and then slid the ring onto her finger. They stood up together, Elliot saying something to her with a soft and sweet smile on his face, and then made their way over to where Roman, Samuel, Bella and Delilah were seated.

Roman literally jumped over the barrier to meet them while they were on the ground. He immediately pulled Elliot into a tight hug. Elliot was still crying a little but hugged Roman back with a smile on his face.

"Congratulations, oh my god, that was amazing."

Samuel smiled as Roman hurried over to Elliot and Matilda to give Elliot a big hug. Roman and Elliot were best friends, had known each other before Samuel even spoke to Roman, it made Samuel happy to see how strong their friendship still was, and how happy his friend's happiness made him.

Once Elliot and Roman had let go of each other they all shared some more hugs and congratulations with the now engaged couple, Samuel made sure both Matilda and Elliot each got a big one from him. Samuel only liked being affectionate with Roman, but this was the kind of moment that deserved proper hugs.

"Can we see the ring?" Delilah asked gently but excitedly after everyone seemed to be done hugging. Matilda just sniffled a little and nodded happily. Before she complied to the request she held it close to her own face though and gave it a lingering look, then she carefully held her hand out, so everyone could see the piece of jewellery, "Woah,"

Elliot had done a really good job finding something that fit Matilda spot on. The band was rose gold and split into almost heart-shaped swirls close to the stone, which was a big diamond, surrounded by smaller ones. It was gorgeous and looked absolutely perfect on her dainty finger.

"It' so pretty," Samuel agreed with Delilah's impressed expression, he didn't know much about jewellery but he could at least tell it was beautiful.

"It's perfect," Matilda said softly and slowly pulled her hand back, her gaze was stuck on Elliot now, she leaned a little on him, then she seemed to think that wasn't enough so she pulled him into another hug and went, "Everything was perfect, I love you," it was a sweet and kind of intimate moment, Samuel had chosen not to propose in public just because he knew how emotional he would get, but as Matilda had just expressed, this was obviously the perfect proposal to her.

r o m a n
Since Matilda was so tiny, Elliot picked her up and wrapped his arms around her waist to hold her close to his body, resting his chin on her dainty shoulder. "I love you too," he whispered, and his voice a little hoarse due to the tears he had shed for the occasion, but this was clearly one of the happiest days of his life. He was now engaged to the love of his life, and Roman knew that feeling all too well.

It was one of the best feelings in the world.

"If I'm not best man, I'll be so fucking triggered," Roman informed his best friend seriously. He moved to stand behind Samuel and wrap his arms around his shoulders, because he knew his husband liked it. He pressed a little kiss to Samuel's head. This wasn't their proposal but it reminded him of that wonderful, perfect day, so he felt like he needed to be a little affectionate with Samuel in that time.

"Of course you will be," Elliot said with a chuckle, setting his fiancée down but keeping his hand in hers. "And maybe Allison could be flower girl?" Elliot and London were obviously very good friends and Roman knew his sister would be more than willing to have her daughter play a part in another wedding.

"I'm sure she'd like that a lot."

Last edited by a moderator:
Samuel responded to Roman's affections by leaning his head a little on his shoulder. Samuel felt like it was just one of those things that came with dating someone. When you saw another couple being happy it reminded you of your own happiness as a couple and made you want to be close to your significant other.

"Allison is a professional flower girl at this point,"
Samuel laughed. T was natural that she got to be the flower girl in a lot of weddings though, she was just the right age to love it and all the adults in her life were getting to the right age to get married. Plus, everyone loved Allison so of course, they'd want her to be the flower girl.

"Yeah, she should start doing it for a living," Matilda joked, "we can pay her in wedding cake,"

Then Matilda seemed to realise something because her eyes grew a little wider and she looked up at her fiancé again. "Oh my god we get to plan out our own cake!" she blurted out, clearly, she loved cakes, decorating them was her job. It was something very heartwarming about the girl who had made the cake for so many other weddings, including Samuel and Roman's, getting to at least decided what her own would look like, even if she would have to have someone else make it since she would be busy being the bride.

r o m a n
Roman could see Elliot's face soften a little at how excited Matilda was at the idea of designing their cake, and his mouth was pulled into a tender smile. Roman's heart melted. This was a man who was completely smitten by his fiancee, totally and utterly in love with her. Roman could not have been happier for the future bride and groom, both of whom deserved nothing but the best.

"Of course, we get to design everything,"
Elliot told his future wife, leaning down to kiss her tenderly on the forehead. "The decorations, the clothes, the place, the flowers, everything. Though, to be honest, I'll probably leave most of it to you, because you have a better idea of what you want." Elliot let out a little chuckle. "All I want is for you to be happy."

"Aww," Roman said sweetly. Elliot and Matilda were truly the sweetest in the world.

Elliot rolled his eyes at Roman's response, but it was all good-natured and humorous. Roman could tell that Elliot had never been happier in his life.

"Except for the bachelor party," he said to Roman. "I can leave that to you, right?"

"Of course."

Just as they had decided Roman spent the next couple of weeks planning the bachelor part of the century. Or at least Samuel figured it had to be that great with all the time it took from the time that Samuel would have otherwise spent cuddling with him.

But really by marrying Roman, he had signed up for being with someone who never did planning half-assed, Samuel still remembered the time their first year of dating when Roman desperately had tried to be allowed to plan Samuel's birthday, it was a nice memory. And really, he was happy Roman got to do something he loved, organizing an event this time, and he supposed seeing him doing that was enough of a good trade for the cuddles.

Either way, the bachelor party was happening that day, so Samuel would not need to worry about missing out on anymore one on one time with his husband.

As the best man, it was Roman's job to pick up Elliot of course. And as the best man's husband and Elliot's friend it was his job to come along from the beginning, because he wanted to, and carpooling was good for the environment. He was also driving. Roman was doing a lot better with driving since he had managed to overcome that first step back after the Bruno Mars concert, but Samuel had still decided that the only thing Roman should need to worry about that day was his best friend having fun.

"Remind me again what is up first," Samuel said as he pulled in on Matilda and Elliot's street, sure he had been a little invested in Roman's planning, but often when he had been doing it Samuel took the time to correct papers and homework, meaning he could do with a refresher, plus he knew Roman liked to talk about his plans and events so there was no harm in indulging that behavior.

r o m a n
It was the night of Elliot's bachelor party and Roman was very excited. He had not had his own, simply because he had been far too busy in the weeks leading up to the ceremony to stray away from work and planning. So, he had exhausted many efforts into planning Elliot's bachelor party and ensuring that the whole thing went without a hitch. He had tried to make it fun and interesting and suited to Elliot, since he didn't want his best friend to just have a boring and stereotypical bachelor party. No, this was going to be special.

Roman had told everyone who was coming that the dress code would consist of semi-formal attire. To reflect this, Roman was wearing a simple black button-down dress shirt and black skinny jeans, but had done a full face of makeup with a sultry smokey eye and a gold lipstick. All of his piercings were gold as well. He was bouncing one knee excitedly as Samuel drove up Elliot and Matilda's street.

"Okay, first we're just going to Elliot's favourite bar for drinks," Roman said to Samuel and Evan in the back seat. "But we're only going to be there for half an hour, tops, because we're going to heaps of other places after and you guys have to help me from keeping him from getting too drunk because he needs to be at least half sober for most of the night or it won't be fun."

Once they arrived at Elliot and Matilda's place, Roman got out and speedwalked up to their door. He knocked frantically for a few seconds until Elliot opened the door. He was dressed almost identically to Roman, simply with no makeup. "Okay, okay, no need to break down my fucking door," he said with a laugh as he stepped outside.

"I'll have him home in one piece, Tilly, I promise!" Roman called out to Matilda.

"I believe you!" Matilda called out from somewhere in the house, Samuel could just barely hear her through Roman's open car door.

Without Samuel realizing what was happening Evan leaned in from the back seat and bushed his hand on the car horn, when he had gotten the two men's attention he waved excitedly and gestured for them to hurry. He seemed to be very happy about getting to do the whole bachelor party thing with his friends. He had even dressed according to Roman's instructions. Evan had thrown a blazer on top of a white t-shirt and called it formal. Luckily for him, he was the type of good-looking to wear a t-shirt and jeans and still look kind of semi-formal, and the added blazer made him look very stylish.

Samuel himself had gone against his instincts to wear a polo shirt in as semi-formal, because he wore them enough at work to not look too casual there that they had been a regular part of his wardrobe. Instead, he had opted for a plain grey button-up to go with his plain black chinos and simple grey and white striped socks.

"Hey man," Evan said when the Roman and Elliot entered the car, "Roman told us you can't get drunk right away,"

"Evan!" Samuel complained, because Samuel doubted that was what Roman had meant by trying to keep Elliot half sober.

"What? The easiest way to keep someone from getting drunk right away is to tell them not to get drunk right away," Evan grinned. Upon further consideration, Samuel realized that maybe it was Evan they should be keeping from the drinks because he seemed a little too excited about a night out with the guys.

r o m a n
"What? You're keeping me from getting drunk at my own bachelor party?" Elliot demanded with another laugh as he sat in the backseat beside Evan and buckled up his seatbelt.

"I'm not delusional enough to try and convince myself that I can keep you sober tonight, Ell," Roman assured his best friend, sliding into the passenger seat of the car. "You just can't get smashed right away."

"Maybe I've already been drinking," Elliot said with a waggle of his eyebrows.

Roman whipped around and glared at Elliot. "You better fucking not have been."

"Relax, I'm joking. I'm as sober as you at most social events."

"Good." Roman turned back around. "Okay, Samuel, my love, please take us to Gattaca."

Gattaca was the name of Elliot's favourite bar. It was named after a science fiction movie, and was therefore sci-fi themed, with cool blue and green lights and silvery furniture and posters of famous sci-fi characters all over the walls. Elliot, obviously, was a big fan of sci-fi movies, especially Star Wars, with which he was just as obsessed as Roman was with Harry Potter. Roman's favourite part of this bar was the fact that it wasn't very popular and therefore never had that many customers inside it.

They walked inside and took up seats at the bar. Half-decent techno-pop music was playing at a reasonable volume as Roman ordered a round of shots. "So, you can have a few drinks here before we move on, I have a set itinerary and I will flip my shit if we stray from it."

"Fuuuuuck, I wouldn't have let you plan it if I knew you were going to become the party-planning equivalent of Hitler," Elliot very clearly joked. "Samuel, you clearly haven't been paying enough attention to him, he's had enough free time to become a Nazi."

"Okay no, Elliot, you have known Roman for longer than me, you knew full and well what you were getting yourself into by letting him plan this," Samuel insisted now seated at a bar stool looking around at the very cool bar, he could definitely see why it was Elliot's favorite, "Actually, you should thank me for not taking his attention away from his planning or you would not get as rad of a bachelor party as you are going to get,"

"Don't listen to him, he's just bitter because he hasn't been getting laid thank to Roman being the party-planning equivalent of Hitler," Evan joked and around that time the bartender poured up their shots.

"I am not bitter, and you can't get shit faced at the first bar either, the same rules apply," Samuel informed his best friend. Because Samuel didn't drink much and because Evan was a full-time father any time he wasn't working Samuel hadn't seen him drunk in a while but he knew how the guy acted when drunk, which wasn't bad, just a little annoying if you weren't at a high school party.

"You're lame, Samuel,"
Evan chuckled, "You know you two--" he pointed at Samuel and Roman "--are kind of like the middle-aged married couple of the group, you'd rather sit at home and play scrabble than go out drinking, and when you do drink it's probably when you go over to your neighbors to have a glass whine and also play more scrabble,"