[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
"Excuse me, Evan, Scrabble is the shit, and we only drink wine when we're with Matthew and Elissa, and only because they actually have good wine. Wine is gross." Roman made a face at Evan over Samuel's shoulder before turning back to the lovely bartender who had prepared their shots and had now set them in a neat row along the bar. They had three each, but Roman sure as hell wasn't drinking all of his.

Elliot downed his first and second shot consecutively with a technique that clearly indicated that he knew what he was doing. Elliot didn't look like a big drinker, but in reality, he had been building on his alcohol tolerance since the age of fifteen. He certainly was not an alcoholic, since he only really drank at social events, but the point was that he could consume a lot more alcohol than most people and still remain relatively sober. Roman would be impressed if he didn't think alcohol was stupid.

"No one is allowed to get shitfaced at this bar,"
Roman said to the other three men sternly, like a mildly annoyed primary school teacher.

"Well, you'd better be letting me get drunk somewhere else because no fucking way are you dropping me off sober,"
Elliot said matter-of-factly as he polished off his last shot.

"I promise, Elliot, you'll be blackout drunk by the time I take you home to your fiancee,"
Roman said with a roll of his eyes. He picked up his first shot and threw it back, though, he winced at the disgusting taste. He really didn't like alcohol.

"Samuel, since you're designated driver you should probably only have one,"
Roman said to his husband.

"Yeah," Samuel agreed with a little shrug, one shot would be fine, Roman had obviously not ordered the hardest liquor to start the night and despite the medication making alcohol work quicker Samuel's alcohol tolerance was okay enough not to be drunk from that obviously, it probably wouldn't even affect him much at all, "To Elliot?" Samuel suggested and held up his shot before downing it. His reaction was about the same as Roman's, Evan laughed at them.

"Yeah to Elliot," Evan downed his second shot, having already thrown down the first almost immediately after Elliot, he did not make a grimace because of the taste or the burn. As one of the most popular guys back in high school he had been the king of parties and thus also the king of parties, meaning he had been drinking a lot at least at one point in his life and was used to it.

"See I don't get why you two enjoy drinking so much? You just end up feeling very sick and very embarrassed the next day," Samuel said, he wasn't criticizing them for their decision to drink or the fact that they liked it, they could do what they wanted, he was just making some conversation.

"See, If I was the kind of drunk you were I might have agreed," Evan said with a small laugh, "but since drunk me don't move right on to making out with my wife after one beer it's mostly just fun to have a drink and not have to think so much every day stress, you know,"

r o m a n
"I feel personally attacked right now," Roman said with a blank expression as Elliot laughed at Evan's comment. It was a known fact that Roman got quite flirty when he was intoxicated, and Samuel was the same, but luckily they didn't drink all that much. "I'll have you know that when I got drunk when we went clubbing with Bella and Delilah I wasn't flirty, I was just obnoxiously jealous of some rando who hit on Samuel."

Elliot laughed again. "Oh my God, I don't think I've ever seen you jealous."

"And you never will, my good friend,"
Roman promised, flicking said friend on the shoulder.

He then turned back to his shots, and frowned at them as he considered whether or not to drink them. He knew he wouldn't be fucked if he had one more, but at the same time, he didn't want to be fuzzy or tipsy at all while taking his friend on his bachelor party. Elliot seemed to make his decision for him, however, as he reached over and pulled Roman's two spare shots towards him.

"Elliot, I don't want you to get smashed," Roman said somewhat sternly. "Really, I have all these things planned --"

"Roman, are we drinking at the next place?"

"No."

"Then I'll be fine," Elliot promised, before throwing back Roman's other two shots. Roman sighed and shrugged in defeat.

"Well if he gets Roman's drink I am getting Samuel's" Evan decided.

"Evan I don't have any drinks and I wasn't even planning on—" It was too late Evan was already ordering two more shots for himself.

After that, though, Evan decided not to be an asshole and disrespect Roman's wishes too much. Since Roman was the one to have planned things out and he if had decided things would be more fun if they weren't stupidly drunk he was probably right.

It was however clear that Evan had gotten just a little bit tipsy, luckily tipsy Evan wasn't very annoying, he was mostly his happy normal self, just little less aware of the social cues he normal was very good at seeing, meaning if Roman were to get annoyed with him he probably wouldn't notice. And he would probably have a harder time to restrict himself from drinking, so Samuel took a mental note to stop him if he got out of hand.

"What's the next place then?" Samuel asked his husband after they had been at the bar for while, because while they were having fun just chatting in the bar you could only sit in a bar without drinking for long, since there wasn't much else to do.

r o m a n
"Next, we shall be attending one of Elliot's favourite places in the whole wide world."

"Hell?"

"...No."

Roman lead the other three men out to the car and then instructed Samuel on where to drive them next. They ended up at a cute little arcade, the type where you played games on those old machines and won tickets and then got to cash them in for prizes at the desk. Elliot let out a little gasp and his eyes widened as he realised where they were. He had always had a soft spot for arcades like these. They had frequented the ones in the neighbouring towns during high school, and Roman knew for a fact that Elliot had taken Matilda to this very arcade on their first date.

"Isn't it closed?" Elliot asked as they got out. After all, it was almost ten in the evening.

"The owner's sister is a tattoo artist at my shop, she's letting us in," Roman told his best friend as they approached the door. Sure enough, a pretty blonde woman let them in when they knocked on the front door. All the lights were on, and the machines were up and running, and the woman's brother was manning the desk for when they were ready to cash in their tickets.

"Thanks, Lea."

"No problem, Roman, just give me a call when you're done?" the young woman requested with a flirty smile. Roman didn't miss that, but he did ignore it and give her a cordial nod. He then turned to Elliot and dropped a plastic bag of at least thirty one-dollar coins in his hand.

"Go fucking mental."

Samuel drove as instructed and soon they found themselves outside of an arcade. Roman really had been planning a very different bachelor party for his friend. Samuel doubted anyone had suspected the typical bachelor party you saw in movies, with poker and strippers, and Samuel also doubted that was the last thing anyone of them wanted anyways. The arcade seemed perfect for Elliot, the moment they were inside he seemed very excited.

"If I don't get to play Dance Dance Revolution with someone who isn't Samuel I'm going to murder all of you,"
Evan said matter of factly.

"Why not me?" Samuel asked, pretending to be offended.

"You have no sense of rhythm," Evan said simply. Samuel should have expected that answer but still glared at him.

"Well I wouldn't want to play with you anyways, cus you're mean," Samuel said stubbornly and then added, "And besides, it is Elliot's bachelor party, he gets first pick on games,"

Evan turned to the clearly excited Elliot then, "Elliot, I respect the fact that it is your Bachelor party and thus your 'last night as a free man' or whatever dumb bullshit people think they have bachelor parties for, but, If we do not play Dance Dance Revolution at some point tonight I will personally murder you,"

r o m a n
"Well, lucky for you, Mr Johnson, I am partial to Dance Dance Revolution and will happily verse you, since Samuel apparently has no rhythm and we can't risk Roman falling over." Elliot gave Evan a big smile and happily lead him over to the Dance Dance Revolution game. Roman took his husband's hand and followed, though since neither of them would be playing the dancing game, he directed Samuel to Pac-Man and handed him a coin.

"You should win something for me,"
he prompted jokingly. Really, he just didn't want Samuel to get bored or feel left out while Roman was making sure everything went well and the other two men were occupied.

Roman watched them play the dancing game. Obviously they were both slightly tipsy, so they weren't fantastic, but they were both athletes so they were fit enough to do a good job. Roman also suspected that they were both getting highly competitive over the game, since that was the kind of people that they were.

In the end, Elliot won, probably because he was less drunk than Evan at this point, but they would all neglect to mention that. He let out a long "yessssss" as his tickets were ejected from the slot, and tucked them all into his pocket once they were all out. Elliot then turned to Evan and jokingly shoved him.

"Ha ha. I win."

Arcades were usually not Samuel's favourite place in the world, for many reasons, but being there just the four of them was looking out to be very fun. Roman directed him to play something else while Elliot and Evan played the game he and Roman apparently were banned from. Samuel decided that even if Roman was joking he could definitely win him something if he got some tickets, but it wouldn't be his number one priority, because Elliot was all of their's number one priority that evening.

Clearly, Evan hadn't allowed him to win though, because he looked like he couldn't believe tha fact that Elliot had just beat him at Dance Dance Revolution at all. Which Samuel didn't get because he had no ide where this obsession with the game came from. Probably the alcohol. Either way, Samuel's attention was broken and he lost the Pacman game. He wasn't too torn up about it.

"I will fight you," Evan announced, "Come on, let's do it right here, let's see who is the strongest and the best at dance dance revolution,"

Samuel gave Roman a look and rolled his eyes before looking back at Evan and saying, "Or, you could play another arcade game and no one will get hurt,"

"Yeah, okay, that works too," at least slightly drunk Evan wasn't very stubborn, "Elliot's turn to choose the game,"

r o m a n
"I wanna play one of those strength test thingies," Elliot answered, stepping off the Dance Dance Revolution board and spinning around for a moment, in search of the game he desired. He found it, stopped, blinked and then quickly ran over to it, his bag of coins jangling like a windchime. Roman smiled at his best friend's cuteness and lead the other two over to the game.

It was one of those games that provided a hammer with which you were supposed to hit the target in order to have the bell ring at the top. It was probably rigged but Roman decided to let Elliot have his fun. Elliot fumbled with the coin a little bit managed to get it in, then he picked up the hammer. Roman instinctively stepped back and moved Samuel away with him.

Elliot raised the hammer, hesitated for a moment, then brought it down on the target with all his strength. The lights whirred and lit up all the way to the third light from the top, meaning that Elliot had scored very well, but did not hit the jack pot. He let out a stream of aggressive swear words, but was over it in a second and handed Evan the hammer next.

"Here you go. Don't hurt yourself. We don't want to have to explain it to London -- she scares me, she'll probably punch me if you get hurt at my bachelor party."

"I wouldn't hurt myself on something lame like this," Samuel felt like that was just the kind of thing someone would say before they got hurt or something like that. But Samuel opted not to mention it and just backed away another step, pulling Roman with him, because really, he did not trust Evan to have proper control over that hammer when he was drunk.

"And yeah she would definitely punch you that's why I love her, she's badass and adorable,"
Evan took a steady stance in front of the game, didn't wobble despite the slight intoxication, took a deep breath and hit the target with all power he had. He clearly was trying a little too hard just for the sake of the competition. But it paid off and he managed to get to the fourth light.

Evan let out a loud "Whoop," then turned to Elliot, the hammer dangerously turning with him, luckily everyone was standing at a safe distance, "Who's getting hurt now? Not me, I'm a winner,"

"Well no, you're tied now, Elliot won the first game," Samuel laughed at Evan being silly, then he turned to Roman, "See this is the kind of bullshit I have to endure with to your competitiveness, now you get to know how it feels to be me,"

r o m a n
"I know understand the pain you go through on a regular basis," Roman said in a faux morose tone, wrapping his arms around his husband and holding him tightly. He was joking, but at the same time, he could really understand why it might be annoying when he and Evan were locked in their frequent competitive battles. But this was Elliot's bachelor party and he wasn't going to stop him from doing anything.

They went around the arcade and tried their hands at many of the different games they had to offer. Roman was very good at the Crossy Road game and Elliot was amazing at the basketball games, and in the end they all racked up a healthy amount of tickets. Roman tried to give his to Elliot, since, after all, this was his party, but Elliot refused to take them, since Roman had earned them. Elliot was really a very good guy.

They went up to cash in their tickets at the desk. Elliot had enough to buy a big prize, so he paid for a unicorn plushie with a pink mane and a sparkly horn. Roman was confused for a moment, but his heart melted when Elliot regarded the soft toy and mumbled, "Yeah, she'll like this."

Elliot was too sweet for his own good.

Roman didn't have that many tickets so was forced to buy one of the cheaper prizes. He settled for a keyring with a pixelated heart on it, the kind that resembled a heart in a video game that represented the character's health. He turned and gave it to Samuel with a sweet smile and a soft kiss to the forehead.

"Here. Now you will always carry my heart with you, wherever you go," he said cheesily.

Last edited by a moderator:
"you're so lame Roman, why did I even marry you," Samuel chuckled and stood on his toes to just barely reach up and give Roman a little kiss on the chin, "But I did and I will never leave the house without your heart from now on," two could play the cheese game. Samuel fished out his keys out of his back pocket and attached the keyring too it, he wasn't joking, he was kind of sentimental so he would probably keep it on for years to come. It was silly, but still, he loved anything that reminded him of Roman.

"Samuel,"

"See now I'll carry with me everywhere," he placed a little kiss on Roma's neck this time, because that was easier than trying to reach his face.

"Samuel. Samuel. Sammy,"

"What," Samuel turned to Evan who had been poking his shoulder for the last minute.

"How many tickets you've got, I wanna get a plushie for Allison," Samuel's expression softened a little because that was just as sweet as Elliot getting a price for Matilda. Both their friends were total sweethearts despite having spent way too long being dumb and competitive.

"Alright, Roman, what I won for you is the knowledge that Allison gets something cute," he honestly felt like that was worth more than getting him some keyring for the sake of it, and Roman loved his little niece so he'd probably be happier knowing she was happy.

With Samuel and Evan's combined tickets they had enough for a cute medium sized bunny plushie. It was white like Lola so Allison would love it a lot. And so they left the arcade, the two drunk men each holding a cute and childish plushie and Samuel and Roman hand in hand as always.

r o m a n
"Alright, what's next?" Elliot asked, sitting in the backseat of the car and carefully setting the plush unicorn down between himself and Evan. He frowned at it for a moment, before he actually buckled it up, as if it were a child or a fragile object that needed to be taken care of. Roman knew he treated Matilda's stuffed animals with the utmost care and affection, which he thought was very sweet.

"You'll like this next part," Roman said with a smile, and leaned over to murmur the address to their designated driver so Elliot didn't hear it.

They ended up at the soccer field on which Samuel played, because it was always open and therefore free. Roman had them wait while he got the materials required out of the trunk of the car. These consisted of three tall wooden boxes, three weighted down glass bottles and a long piece of thick plastic. He went and set up the game, the plastic creating a relatively flat surface. He set up the tall boxes as stands and then set the glass bottles atop them. Then, he went to the trunk and pulled out three solid balls.

"In reminiscence of the carnival date on which you won Tilly her favourite teddy bear, I thought we could recreate the game," he said to Elliot. He approached his best friend and handed him the three balls. "The rules are simple. You knock down all three bottles, you get to drink some more right now. You knock down two, you don't get to drink till later. You don't knock down any, you don't get to drink for the rest of the night. Sound good?"

Elliot smirked and took the three balls. "Sounds great."

Next, they drove up to the soccer field Samuel's team played at. Instantly Samuel felt very at home, he loved it there, even in the middle of the night and without a soccer ball to kick around. Samuel sat down in the grass and made himself comfy while Roman set up the next event. Samuel would help but he had learnt after years of living with and loving the man that when it came to things Roman had spent a lot of time planning it sometimes was better to stay out of the way and let him do his thing.

Evan sat down next to him and curiously peeked over at Roman to try to figure out what he was doing. Samuel could kind of guess what it was a homage to even before Roman told Elliot. It was a very sweet gesture. Some people, like Evan had mentioned earlier, seemed to think a bachelor party represented the last free night before marriage. Samuel felt like all four men there could agree that that was total bullshit, and Samuel had instead chosen to focus part of the night on Elliot and Tilly's relationship, to highlight that soon they would be happily married. If you didn't look forward to your marriage Samuel didn't understand why you would want to get married In the first place.

"You have created a monster," Samuel joked in reference to the smirk that appeared on Elliot's face when Roman explained how he'd be able to win his right to consume more alcohol.

"No I think the monster already existed within him, Roman just brought it out," Evan added jokingly, the man was still a little drunk, but had clearly sobered up a little since the bar since it had gone some time without them drinking and they hadn't had that much to drink, to begin with.

Knowing Elliot's throwing abilities that would probably change though. Of course, there was also the possibility of him being too drunk to know them all down, but like Evan, he had probably sobered up just a little so Samuel doubted that.

r o m a n
Elliot took the three balls and walked to the space Roman indicated he should throw from. It wasn't too far away, but it wasn't too close, either. "Are the bottles weighted down?" Elliot asked Roman, putting two of the balls into his pocket and throwing the other one up in the air as he judged the distance between him and the setup.

"Yeah, but the ones at the carnival were too, so I don't think it'll be a big deal," Roman justified, moving to sit beside his husband and Evan on the ground.

"Fair enough," said Elliot. He stopped throwing the ball, fixed his gaze on the first bottle, took a deep breath, and then threw the first ball with all of his might.

Not only did he knock over the bottle, but it broke due to the force of the ball. The glass fell onto the plastic, which was the other reason Roman had laid it down. Elliot threw the second and third balls with the same amount of force, and they both were sent crashing to the ground. Needless to say, he had won.

Elliot turned to Roman with a big smirk and flipped him off with both hands. "Fuck you, motherfucker."

"Yeah, yeah, okay. There's a bottle of pink champagne and some glasses in the glovebox of the car."
Roman had honestly known he would win.

Elliot let out a little 'whoop' and dashed to the car to get the booze. Meanwhile, Roman turned to Evan. "Hey, had you ever actually seen him pitch before tonight?" he asked. He couldn't remember if Evan had ever come to Elliot's baseball games and seen how great he was.

Samuel watched impressed as Elliot managed to smash the glass with his throw of the first ball. If Roman hadn't put down that plastic Samuel would have actually murdered the both of them because the soccer field was a sacred place to him. But he had and there was no harm done and Samuel let Elliot throw the rest of the balls and knock down the bottles without complaining.

"I mean I'm sure I've seen him thrown a ball or two but not properly pitch," Evan stared after Elliot as he hurried off, "Jesus, remind me not to ever challenge him to baseball,"

"Were you actually planning on challenging him to a game of baseball knowing he plays it professionally though?" Samuel laughed.

"No not really," Evan laughed back, then he noticed Elliot coming back so he raised his voice for him to hear, "Hurry up I'm getting more sober by the minutes!"

"You're not going to be able to get drunk on a glass of champagne,"

"Maybe Elliot will be a good sport and let me have half the bottle,"

"Maybe you should chill because I personally believe champagne means toasting," Samuel turned to his husband for confirmation, he was the one who had planned things out, he knew what he wanted the night to look like, "yeah?"

r o m a n
"No, the toasts are for later," Roman said to Samuel. "For the end of the night. But that doesn't mean that Evan gets to drink half the bottle, either."

"Can I drink half the bottle?" Elliot asked as he came back to the other three men, carrying the pretty bottle of champagne in one hand and four glasses in the other.

"You may have two glasses."

"Wow, fuck you."

Elliot went back to the game with the bottle and held it over the plastic as he opened it so all the frothy champagne would fall onto it rather than just onto the ground. He then came back with the bottle and poured the sparkly liquid into the four glasses. Roman took one and handed it to Samuel and then took his own. They clinked their glasses together and sipped their drinks.

"So how many more things do we have?" Elliot asked Roman.

"Two."

"Will you tell me what they are?"

"No."

Elliot scowled and turned to Samuel. "Make him tell me. Please."

"Elliot," Samuel said in a very serious tone, he pointed his glass of champagne at him a little, as if to properly put emphasis on that he was talking to him, "Do you seriously think I have any control over Roman at all?"

He was joking, but generally Roman did call the shots, of course, he always respected Samuel's opinion too, but Samuel was the type of person who preferred to follow instructions and Roman was the type of person to want to make the decision. They were a very compatible couple, like that.

"Aww we know Roman wears the pants in your relationship but can't just smooch him a little so he'll tell us where we're going," Evan complained a little and then sipped on his champagne, that he seemed to be enjoying even though it was just a glass and not half a bottle.

"That won't work, look," Samuel said firmly and then he turned to his husband and leaned in to press a kiss to Roman's neck, "Roman, Love, if I were to smooch you a little would you tell Elliot where we're going next," Samuel asked Roman, to have him confirm that Samuel was right in that nothing could make him reveal where they were going until they were at the location.

r o m a n
"Mmm," Roman hummed sweetly, enjoying the feeling of his husband's lips against the smooth skin at his neck. "No," he said anyway.

"Fucking hell," Elliot swore, sipping his champagne with a bitter expression on his face.

"You will find out in due time, my good friend," Roman promised.

After a glass of champagne -- or two, in Elliot and Evan's cases -- Roman cleaned up the game and shepherded the others back into the car. He then had Samuel drive them to their next location. This was a slightly longer drive, twenty minutes, but when they reached their destination they found themselves on a nearby beach. As it was nighttime, the place was deserted, with only the light of the moon providing them the ability to see. The place was purely peaceful like this, with the sound of the rushing waves mixing beautifully with the crisp night air. It was almost spring, so the air was a tad warmer, but it wasn't too hot, which was good.

Roman went back into the trunk of the car and pulled out a backpack that contained a pair of swimming trunks for each of them -- he had asked London and Matilda for Elliot and Evan's respectively. He passed them around and then turned to Elliot. "I know it on your bucket list to go swimming at night at a beach so I thought we could spend some time here."

Elliot grinned and took the shorts. "What about your makeup?"

Roman held up a bottle of makeup remover. "I'm going to take it off in the public bathrooms."

"So you spent like an hour doing your makeup for nothing?"

"Yeah, pretty much. We can get changed in the bathrooms as well."

Samuel drove all the way to the beach without complaining. It was getting late but because they were all keeping active and having fun he wasn't getting tired. They stepped out on the beach to find it completely empty and quiet, it was incredibly peaceful. Which surely, they would change the moment they had gotten into their swim trunks and were in the water.

They headed over to the bathrooms where they all got changed. Samuel demanded Evan be patient and wait until Roman had gotten his makeup off, which didn't take too long and if anything remained it'd be washed away by the water. So, once Roman was done Samuel grabbed his hand and they all headed out.

"Okay but like it's dangerous to swim when it's dark out, so we need to be careful," Samuel pointed out as they walked closer to the water.

"Samuel, please, this is not the time for you to act like you're our mum," Evan hurried past him,

"Well I'm just saying," Samuel said, because it wasn't like what he said hadn't been true, "And as the least drunk person here I am responsible for all of you," But it might have been true that he should loosen up a little, it was Elliot's bachelor party after all, and no one was that drunk, there was no need to be a spoilsport.

"We should jump in from the pier,"
Evan decided, "We'll chicken out if we try to get in from the beach, the water's probably cold,"

Last edited: