[Samuel x Roman]

r o m a n
There was a moment of expectant silence, before Elissa announced, "I'll go," and rose to her feet, stretching out her honey tanned legs. London's face immediately fell a little, though it was almost unnoticeable, and Roman only picked up on it because he knew his sister so well. London constantly felt insecure but that feeling was amplified in Elissa's presence. And the worst thing about it was that there was nothing that Elissa could do to stop London from feeling that way.

"Okay, you pick the song," London said to the other girl, not showing any insecurity other than the slightly unsure expression on her face. Roman watched his sister carefully, ensuring that she was managing her own feelings to the best of her ability. Elissa brightly took the other remote and scrolled through the songs until she found one that she seemed to like. Hips Don't Lie by Shakira.

"Oooh, you wanna do this? It's probably bellydancing," Elissa said to the other woman. London just shrugged and nodded. Elissa decided to prepare for the style of dancing by tucking the peplum part of her shirt into the bodice, meaning her midriff was left exposed. This revealed a simple silver belly button piercing and a tattoo of the outline of a bird on her hip bone -- both of which Roman knew about, because he had given her that tattoo.

Elliot playfully nudged Matilda as if to point out the attractive girl. London glanced at them and then at Elissa, and then very discreetly at Evan, before she decided to use her spare hairtie to tie up her shirt at the side and also reveal her waist. She had a belly button piercing too, and her stomach was toned just as Elissa's was, but she lacked that beachy tan and nice tattoo. She seemed acutely aware of this as well, and Roman's heart ached for her.

The song began and it was indeed bellydancing, as they had expected. Of course, both of the gorgeous women rocked the routine. It wasn't too difficult in regards to skill level, so even Elissa, who had no dance experience, managed to get good scores. London was scoring better, but she kept glancing at Elissa and loosing a few points here in there because she was missing moves. It was evident that both the women looked completely and totally gorgeous doing this type of dance, but Roman knew London couldn't see herself like that when Elissa was standing beside her.

In the end, London one this round as well -- only marginally, but she did win. And that seemed to instil a bit of confidence back in her. She beamed when the screen told them all who came out victorious. Roman knew she had needed that confirmation, that reassurance that she was still the best dancer and that she had something over Elissa.

Roman was very happy she had gotten that confirmation.

"Good job, you fucking slayed,"
Elissa said happily to London, before turning and returning to Matthew. "You're not going to leave me because my bellydancing skills are inferior, are you?" she joked with her partner as she pulled the peplum part of her shirt back out to cover her stomach.

Samuel couldn't pick up on London's subtle unsure expression in the way Roman and Evan could, however, when Elissa stood up to challenge London he could notice the instant protective vibes Roman and Evan were giving off, and he, other than London, was probably the only one who would be able to detect those. And no one seemed to pick up on London's insecurities either. No, Gabi just laughingly mumbled "Shakira, Shakira!" to reference the song and when London too decided that she also would go all out and show off her tummy Matilda playfully nudged Elliot back, because as gorgeous as Elissa was, London was a very pretty girl too.

As they danced Samuel mostly just watched and hoped his sister-in-law was having fun, he saw a misstep here and there that seemed to be a result of looking over at Elissa but at the end of the round London had gotten to show off her Dancing skills more properly than in the prior song and also won, which Samuel was happy about because he knew that would be a little boost for his fellow insecure friend.

"Well I don't know if you know me but I can't say belly dancing skills are a top priority of mine," Matthew joked as he wrapped his arms around his returning girlfriend, "But I also can't say I didn't enjoy seeing it, a lot," Then Matthew leaned in a little closer and murmured in Elisa's ear. Had you not heard what he said and not known Matthew you would have probably thought it was something sultry, but Samuel both did know Matthew and could just barely hear him mumbling, "because you were very beautiful," since he was sitting so close by.

"Yeah honestly, I'm going to pick this song every time we play this game at home if it means exposed midriff belly dancing," Evan reached out both his arms and pulled in London into his lap while she got a moment to rest a little.

"See this is why I appreciate hanging out with you all," Delilah said in a half formal half-joking tone, she was still holding her girlfriend as she spoke, Samuel found it a little funny how everyone, save for Gabi and Blake, were sitting in somewhat the same position, keeping their significant other close just because they could "there are a lot of cute girls who we can all collectively check out while they are belly dancing,"

"Hey, no we don't collectively check out my wife, excuse me," Evan said and hugged London a little closer. He wasn't a super possessive guy though, so it was very clear that he was joking.

"Sorry to say it but I think we were all checking your wife and also Elissa, out," Gabi laughed and gave Matthew a quick grin which he responded to by shrugging a little, he knew his girlfriend was gorgeous and unlike Samuel he didn't seem to be the jealous type, "Except Roman, I don't think he was checking out London, that'd be a little weird,"

"But yeah," Matilda agreed, with an adorable little giggle, "I feel like me and Elliot definitely can agree it's impossible not to check out some of the cutest girls in the world when they are belly dancing," the girl was ever so sweet, adding in a compliment for both London and Elissa in the middle of the joke. However, Samuel didn't care too much about because apparently, he missed the memo about being supposed to check out two of his very female friends

"No wait hang on, were all of you checking them out? I thought we were just innocently watching them play Just Dance, what the heck?" Samuel blurted out, clearly very confused about the seemingly unanimous agreement that they had all been checking out the two girls who had been dancing and within a second Gabi let out a snorting laugh and Evan laughed too because it seemed like everyone had forgotten that there was one person in the room who was not into girls, other than the two people everyone had been looking at, "No come on how was I supposed to know—Guys, stop laughing,"

r o m a n
There was a little more silence and then most people were laughing at poor Samuel and his terrible misunderstanding of the whole situation. Even Roman was chuckling, but he was trying to be nice to his husband and refrain from openly cackling like Elliot and Bella currently were.

"Samuel, you're too gay to function," Elliot joked from his beanbag.

"Naw, leave my husband alone, he's sweet and innocent and does not deserve this treatment," Roman protested, running a hand through Samuel's curls playfully. "Don't worry, Samuel, no one blames you for being oblivious."

"Samuel's not that oblivious," London defended earnestly from her place in her husband's lap. She seemed a little bashful after being complimented by so many people, but at the same time, she was clearly quite happy about it, because usually she was overlooked when Elissa was there.

"Are you kidding me?!" Roman laughed, twisting around to stare at his sister incredulously. "Do you not remember the first time he stayed over and you flirted your fucking ass off with him but he didn't even notice?"

London squealed and hid her face in embarrassment as everyone else reacted with highly amused surprise. Roman just rolled his eyes at London and then turned back to his husband to kiss him on the side of the head.

Samuel whined a little as everyone laughed, at least he had his husband, although he supposed he was teasing him too in calling him oblivious. Which he wouldn't deny he was but still. Everyone was mean and dumb and it wasn't oblivious not to realize everyone was checking their friends out. London seemed to be on his side though, and Samuel would have totally appreciated London defending him if it hadn't lead to further proof that he was oblivious and to embarrassment for the both of them.

"Wait what?" Evan let out just a moment after London had let out her squeal of embarrassment, he had now completely stopped laughing, "no what," he repeated, he sounded genuinely surprised, maybe a little offended, but in a good natured kind of way, "you flirted with Samuel?"

"Oooh," Delilah said at the drama that was about to unfold, it felt like an appropriate reaction I Samuels opinion. If you witnessed it from an outside perspective, he himself was a little embarrassed this was brought up but surely not as much as London.

"Too gay to function Samuel?" Evan repeated Elliot's words.

"Well to be fair only Roman knew I was gay at that point," Samuel insisted awkwardly, his voice was muffled because he had decided to hide his face in Roman's shoulder.

"But still!" Evan complained and put his hands on London's shoulders and shook her gently, "why? What did you see in him? I need to know now,"

r o m a n
"Oh my God, Evan, stop being dumb," London whined jokingly as she was shaken by her husband. She reached out and gently slapped him on the shoulders until he let her go. Roman laughed because they were very cute together, and it was obvious that they were just joking around.

"I don't know, he was cute?" London said with a bashful shrug.

"WAS?" Roman said loudly.

"Fucking hell -- he's still very cute but it's not like I'm going to flirt with him," London said in an annoyed tone, throwing a cushion at her brother.

"Good, he's mine." Roman protectively held his husband close.

London wrapped her arms around her husband's broad shoulders and gave him a swift kiss to the lips. "I love you. I'm sorry for flirting with Samuel before I even knew you existed."

"You should be."

"Can I flirt with him?"
Elliot joked.

"No."

"I'll buy you KFC."

"Okay." Roman stood up, pushed Samuel off the couch and towards Elliot and Matilda and then sat back down and crossed one leg over the other as if he was waiting for his payment. All their friends, of course, laughed at the humorous exchange.

"What— Roman—!" Samuel tried to stop his husband from shoving him off the couch but he was clearly not prepared enough. He gave his husband an angry glare, "You're the worst husband ever, don't trade me for KFC, and I don't want Elliot to flirt with me,"

Despite his protests about Elliot Samuel decided to sit down next to the bean bag instead of trying to get back his spot on the couch.

"Aww Samuel that's just the kind of thing you have to live with when dating someone with an unhealthy KFC obsession," Matilda chuckled gently and gave Samuel a little pat on the shoulder, she was clearly talking from experience, "You should know that by now,"

"I do but that doesn't mean I like it,"
Samuel whined a little and Matilda giggled again, "Well I'm going to sit here and mope now," he decided, Roman could sit in the couch by himself for all Samuel cared. Or at least sit by himself for as long as Samuel felt like pretending to be angry, which probably wouldn't be very long.

"Aww that's sad," Delilah chuckled and Samuel crossed his arms like a stubborn child and she just shrugged, Evan was laughing a little in the background, as if this was compensating for London having flirted with Samuel all those years ago.

"Well alright, let's commence with the gaming?" Gabi completely ignored the fact that Samuel was withering away by himself on the floor, "Anyone else gonna embarrass themselves by playing Just Dance? Matthew?"

"I am not playing Just Dance," Matthew said in his usual monotone tone, he clearly wasn't playing anytime soon.

r o m a n
"Fine, Samuel, you sulk like a little bitch and I'll live like a king with my KFC," Roman said with a shrug, stretching out his long legs and ignoring Gabi for the time being. Elissa rolled her eyes and snuggled closer to Matthew, who apparently did not want to play Just Dance.

"Personally I'm offended that you don't want me to flirt with you,"
Elliot teased, looking at Samuel affectionately and reaching over to trace little circles on Samuel's bare arm. He was joking, that was very clear, but Roman still responded to this flirtation by hurling a box of tissues at Elliot's head.

"Oi! Fuck off, that's my husband,"
Roman snapped, grabbing Samuel's hand and dragging him back over.

"Fine, no KFC for you."

"What? Bullshit. I demand my payment."

"Okay," said Blake, holding up both hands to call for silence. "Since it's been established that no one is allowed to even look at Samuel, perhaps Roman and Elliot can settle their dispute through a game."

"Good idea,"
Elissa agreed. "And whoever loses has to buy the other one KFC."

Roman nodded. "I can agree to these terms."

"I also agree."

"Right, so what should they play?"

Samuel made a small "ew" in protest of Elliot being flirty with him. Not because Elliot wasn't a very good looking guy, he was, and he was tall which was Samuel's type, if he had one, but he was still Elliot so out of principle Samuel had to say it. He didn't need to lean away though because Roman got rid of the problem for him and pulled him back. Samuel counted that as a victory for himself because Roman got him back before Samuel could go back to him by himself.

He stayed on the floor put leaned against the couch and moved Roman's legs so had one over each of Samuel's shoulders. It was a very silly position, but they were amongst friends so that didn't matter and Samuel just wrapped his arms around Roman's leg while everyone spoke about how to settle Roman and Elliot's new feud.

"I forbid Roman playing just dance over something that'll make him competitive and stupid," Samuel said in a joking tone, but it was honestly the truth. Samuel was sure Roman could play Just Dance without problem, he had on other game night because he obviously knew his limits. But if there was KFC on the line, Samuel had a feeling Roman would get into his competitive mode. No, it was probably better if they chose something else.

"What then?" Evan asked, because whatever game was picked they'd probably all partake in a couple of rounds of.

"They should play sing star so Roman can win and doesn't have to use our money to pay for Elliot's KFC because we already dedicate too much of our budget to KFC," Samuel explained, grinned and bumped his head into Roman's knee accusingly.

r o m a n
"Wait a minute, what the fuck?!" Elliot half-screeched, sitting up and staring at Samuel in shock and horror. "Are you just assuming that Roman is going to win? I have never been more offended in my entire life."

"Elliot's actually a good singer," Roman said to Samuel earnestly, gently squeezing Samuel's head with his knees. While he certainly was not at Roman's level, he was still talented, as he had been in just as many musicals as Roman had been in over the years. Granted, he had always lost the lead roles to Roman, so technically Roman had an advantage.

But anything was possible.

"I'll fuckin prove it," Elliot said with determination, gently setting Tilly onto the beanbag as he stood up. He inserted the game, found the shitty microphones that came with it and handed one to Roman as he began to flick through the songs. Roman decided that he wasn't going to stand up, mainly because he couldn't be bothered.

He didn't particularly care about the song, so he busied himself by gazing at the top of Samuel's head affectionately. That was until Bella and Blake both started laughing. He looked up to see Elliot grinning at him mischievously, and turned his eyes to the song that he had chosen.

"Oh my fucking God."

What Makes You Beautiful, by One Direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Samuel kind of knew Elliot could sing, he had seen the musicals, he just couldn't imagine anyone being better than Roman, but maybe he was biased and things weren't as clear-cut as he thought. As he tried to remember how good Elliot was exactly Blake and Bella suddenly started laughing, he looked up to see why and grinned a little as he saw the song pick.

"Somehow I feel like I'd be able to eventually die happier without having heard you two's iteration of a One Direction song," Evan, who would probably rather be caught dead than listening to a boy band, said as a joke.

"Shut up I love this song," Delilah defended the song choice, even if Evan clearly had been joking and Elliot had picked it seemingly just because it was a dumb song, Samuel didn't mind the song choice either, it was a catchy song, but he supposed he could see the comedy in Roman and Elliot singing it, they were probably the two most alternative people in existence, Samuel wasn't sure I'd he had seen Elliot in another colour than black since high school, "They are probably going to do it amazingly,"

"Yeah, Roman will sing any and all songs amazingly," Samuel said, nodded and squeezed his husband's legs, he was glad he hadn't stood even if standing up gave you an advantage when singing, because he liked being close to him and didn't want to switch positions, "and that he'll totally pulverize Elliot in,"

"Well, I think Elliot will win because he's really amazing too!" Matilda insisted sweetly, but gave Samuel almost a challenging look. Samuel didn't take Matilda for the competitive type, but he did take her as the supportive type. And Samuel was nothing if not a supportive husband, so he supposed the challenge was on, whatever the challenge was.

r o m a n
Elliot raised an eyebrow at Roman and Roman just shrugged and nodded, indicating that he was okay with the song choice, if only because everyone else seemed very insistent that they perform it. So Elliot selected the song and stood near Matilda so everyone could see the screen but he could also identify the notes as they sang.

Elliot was player one so he went first, and he prepared himself as the stupid boppy introduction music filled the room. "You're insecure ... don't know what for ... you're turning heads when you walk through the d-oo-oo-or ..."

Bella and Blake erupted in hysterical fits of laughter. Of course, Elliot performed the lines incredibly well, to no one's surprise. He only missed one or two notes. Elliot had a nice voice, it was a little deeper than Roman's and showed some remnants of his distinctive New Zealand accent, but it was indisputably very good.

Roman picked up where Elliot left off. "Don't need makeup ... to cover up ... being the way that you are is en-ou-ou-ough."

Of course, even if Roman hated the song he executed it perfectly. He got a perfect score for his line and he watched Elliot mouth the word "fuck" in between that line and the pre-chorus, which they were to harmonise on. "Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you-ou."

"..."

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else ... the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed ... but when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell ... you don't know, o-oh ... YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL ..."

Of course, they both smashed it on the chorus, because they were both amazing singers. Roman's set of notes seemed to be programmed as higher than Elliot's but that didn't make a difference because they were still basic pop notes that weren't difficult at all. In the end, Roman beat Elliot by a good few hundred points, to no one's surprise, and Roman smiled up at his friend sweetly.

"I'll have a Giant Feast, with ten Wicked Wings and two boxes of Popcorn Chicken. Oh, Samuel, do you want anything? Because that's all mine."

Samuel loved hearing Roman singing no matter what the context was, so he sat there listening happily with his head between his husband's knees. He also paid close attention to the score and even if Elliot was close it seemed like Roman was winning. As expected. Roman sang the song perfectly but it wasn't like Sing Star left any room for creative freedom, so Samuel preferred it when Roman sang freely. Hearing him, and Elliot, sing mass produced boy band pop was an experience though, so he wasn't complaining.

As the song wrapped up it was clear that Roman had won and Samuel felt very triumphant on his behalf. And thus he gave Matilda and Elliot both very triumphant grins as Roman listed his KFC order.

"No knowing that I was right is enough of victory for me," Samuel chuckled, also no food was ever just Roman's because Samuel always stole from him and his husband couldn't do anything about it.

"Well, even if Roman won Elliot was just as amazing," Matilda said and wrapped her arms around her boyfriend's legs, "and I'll treat him to KFC just for that,"

"Lame," Samuel said and hugged Roman's legs a little tighter, "he shouldn't get any KFC because he lost. And Roman won. Like I said he would?"

"Are we going to have to have you two settle things by singing too?" Evan laughingly interrupted whatever was about to develop.

"Oh shit, never mind I'm quiet!" Samuel said and made a zipping motion with his hand across his mouth to signal that he was going to shut up, because he sure as fuck wasn't singing.

r o m a n
Both Roman and Elliot visibly perked up when the suggestion of Samuel and Matilda singing was voiced to the group. They made eye contact for a split second, before Roman removed his legs from Samuel's shoulders and pressed his microphone into Samuel's hands, and Elliot picked up Matilda as if she were a doll and set her on her feet.

"Oh, okay, this is actually happening,"
said Bella, amused.

"Whoever wins has the coolest partner," Blake declared with a shrug since these two were competing more for the entertainment of everyone else and less for a specific prize.

Roman responded to this declaration with a flurry of gentle slaps to his husband's shoulders. "Come on, you have to win then, Elliot needs to know that I'm cooler than him."

"Fuck you, I'm way cooler," Elliot declared as he flicked through the songs with the controller. "Tilly, you'd better win."

"Or what?"
London asked with a chuckle.

"Or I'll smother her with kisses. Okay, what song do you guys want?"

"I don't want any song I don't want to sing this is dumb," Samuel whined, he would not be standing up, at least, his already shitty voice wouldn't benefit from it. Not at all.

Matilda did not seem to mind the turn of events at all though and was stood up and handed the microphone by her boyfriend without complains, "but we gotta find out who has to cooler partner?" She said sweetly and Samuel had a feeling it was impossible to say now to sweet little Tilly so he didn't complain more.

"Well okay, but pick something easy, because I can't sing so this isn't even fair," Samuel said, maybe it was a little complainy but at least he was agreeing to do it.

"I can't really sing either," Matilda chuckled as she went through the songs before finally stopping at, How Far I'll Go from the Moana soundtrack, "you know this one because Roman sings it all the time and it's simple enough for five year olds to sing,"

"Alright," Samuel said with some hesitation but sat up straight to make himself ready to sing.

Matilda started the song and since she had gotten her microphone from Elliot she went first, "I've been staring at the edge of the water, Long as I can remember, never really knowing why"

Matilda wasn't bad at singing. Her voice was sweet and pretty, but it clearly wasn't meant for singstar because she only got about half of them right. That made Samuel a little more at least because at least she wasn't amazing. That sounded horrible but it was different than trying to go up against Elliot, Roman or even Evan.

Then it was Samuel's turn, he wasn't good at singing. Sure he wasn't ear shatteringly bad but he wasn't good and he honestly wasn't hitting a single note because, both because that's how bad he was and because he was to embarrassed to try to sing properly, his voice was shaky and he just couldn't hit the right notes, "I wish I could be the perfect— this is stupid I don't want to sing anymore—"

"Come on Samuel just keep on singing," Evan stopped Samuel from complaining and Samuel sighed and continued.

"But I come back to the water, no matter how hard I try" he didn't let the last note ring and just gave up half way through it.

In the next part they sanf together and Matilda gave Samuel a reassuring smile even if they were competing against each other, "Every turn I take, every trail I track, Every path I make, every road leads back, To the place I know where I cannot go, Where I long to be"

When singing together Samuel felt less embarrassed and did a little better, but Matilda was also doing better now that she was getting used to how sing star wanted it. They continued to sing the song, Samuel sometimes giving up mid through lines to complain but kept going a moment later. By the end of it Matilda had of course won and she happily said, "yay! That means Elliot is the best! But you did good to Samuel,"

Samuel just let out an embarrassed whine and put the microphone on the floor as far away from himself as he could.

r o m a n
Roman genuinely didn't get to hear Samuel sing much, so he eagerly watched as his husband and Matilda performed one of his favourite songs. Honestly, Samuel wasn't the best, but he was trying and doing something completely out of his comfort zone so Roman was very proud of him. He kept one hand on Samuel's shoulder throughout the entire song, because Roman wanted to do anything he could to make his husband feel a little more comfortable.

In the end Samuel lost, meaning that Roman lost by default. "It's okay, I still love you even if you couldn't defend my honour," Roman assured him, rubbing his shoulder and kissing him on the cheek. Meanwhile, Elliot was celebrating Tilly's victory by picking her up and kissing her repeatedly on the cheek. Roman couldn't help but smile because even if he had lost, Elliot and Matilda were the cutest couple ever.

There was a couple of more rounds of Sing Star before Blake had a genius idea.

"Hey, what about arm wrestling?"

"Oh my God." Elliot's eyes lit up. "Yes."

"Okay, Elliot, Blake, Samuel and Evan are necessities if this is going to happen," Bella declared, sitting up. "The rest of us are piss weak."

"What? Matthew is secretly super strong," Elissa joked, climbing into her boyfriend's lap and kissing him on the top of the head. "Right, babe? You can kick all their asses."

"I don't know if it's deal breaker but I don't think I have once done any type of exercise in my life," Matthew was joking but he was still using his monotone tone of voice, possibly a little warmer since he was talking to and getting affection from his girlfriend.

Arm wrestling sounded like a much better idea than singing in Samuel's ears though. Less embarrassing at least. After being forced to sing he had climbed back up into Roman's lap for comfort and that had been nice and now he had mostly recovered.

"But like, even if we do arm wrestling, I'm left handed so it wouldn't work properly," Samuel said, he clearly wasn't protesting the activity just pointing out that it wouldn't be completely fair.

"Well, Ell is left handed too," Matilda reminded Samuel as she stood to help put away the things on the coffee table to make a playing field.

"We can all do both hands to make it as fair as possible," Evan shrugged, "this is like the best idea ever, who wants to go first?"

r o m a n
"See, I feel like Elliot has an advantage, in a way," Bella pointed out as she helped Matilda remove the cups and games off the coffee table. "Like, he plays baseball, so obviously he has to use his arms a lot, so his strength is more focused there, where Samuel and Evan's strengths are more in their legs."

"Yeah, but Evan works out a lot," London pointed out, squeezing her husband's bicep playfully. "And he literally works in construction, he's lifting heavy shit all day."

"And Blake's a boxer, so obviously she's got endurance and arm strength," Roman added. "So, really, Elliot's only got an advantage on Samuel. Sorry, babe, I love you."

"Who cares, I wanna verse Evan first," Elliot announced, taking off his jacket. Underneath he wore a tank top that showed off his large, toned biceps. Roman wolf-whistled as a joke. Elliot sat down at one end of the coffee table and smirked at Evan. "Unless you're scared," he jokingly taunted.

"Me afraid? No. I am not," Evan chuckled and practically lifted his wife up as he stood from their spot, he probably did so just to show off, not that Elliot wasn't able to lift Matilda but still. He gave London a little kiss on the cheek before getting himself ready.

Evan rolled up the sleeves of his hoodie, at which Samuel decided to jokingly mimic his boyfriend and let out an impressed "nice," plus, he was rooting for Evan anyways because he was his best friend. Evan grinned at his friend, and Samuel just grinned back and gave him thumbs up. Then Evan moved to sit on the other side of the table. Placing his elbow down on the hard wood surfice, inviting Elliot to take his hand.

"I know you play baseball, but I think you need to know that the shit I have to carry every day is a lot heavier than a bat," Evan said, very confidently, he was just as confident of a guy as Elliot, it was a wonder the two of them weren't as competitive with one other as Roman and Evan were. He gave Elliot an intense look, "if anyone should be scared it's you,"

r o m a n
"Hey, play nice," Roman warned the two guys as London came to sit down beside her husband at the coffee table. "Maybe this was a bad idea, I don't want you all to end up hating one another."

"But that's the best part," Elissa joked. Roman just rolled his eyes.

Elliot took Evan's right hand with his own, meaning he automatically had a disadvantage because he was left handed, but Roman knew that due to being left handed he had learned how to do many things with his right over the years, such as type and bat and many other day-to-day activities. So, maybe they weren't as unevenly matched as it seemed.

Blake sat down parallel to the two men's clasped hands in order to referee. "Okay, on the count of three," she declared, giving both men a glance before returning her gaze to their hands. "One ... two ... three!"

Immediately it became obvious that Evan was winning. He managed to get Elliot's hand a quarter of the way down almost instantaneously. Elliot was clearly struggling, both with keeping his hand up and making it look like he wasn't having as hard of a time as he was. In the end, after a minute or so of stubborn persistence, Elliot lost, his hand making contact with the wood of the coffee table.

"FUCK!" he said irritably, flexing the fingers of his right hand. "I hate you."

"You're just salty because you lost," London teased.

"Nah, he had an advantage, he used his right hand," Elliot whined, putting his left elbow on the table. "C'mon, let's try with left now."

"Alright, but don't get too sad when you lose," Evan said cockily, he had clearly gotten a little overconfident from winning with objectively little effort. Samuel shakes his head a little and have Roman an amused look.

Then the two men were back to it, now using their left hands. And they were clearly more even like that, their hands were basically stuck straight, neither of them managing to get other to budge. But then after a solid minute or two of nothing happened. Slowly Elliot was managing to get the upper hand, literally. And before they all knew it Evan's hand laid with its back against the table.

"Fuck!" Evan said, basically mimicking Elliot's reaction without even thinking about it, "no come on, really? I want a rematch."

"No he won fair and square Evan," Samuel insisted laughingly and Evan directed a nasty glare towards him, "you are of equal abilities just on different hands," next to Elliot Matilda was nodding, clearly excited that her boyfriend had won.

"Well no, it did take him longer to get my right hand," Evan said stubbornly, but he had now moved his hand into his other, gently massaging it, because clearly it had been a struggle for him to keep their hands straight for that long.