ғ ᴇ ᴀ ʀ ʟ ᴇ s s - ᴀ ᴅʏsᴛᴏᴘɪᴀɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ 「ɪɴ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ」

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
P6BEGZY.jpg
Andre sat there listening, his breath being the only real response he could give. He shifted around, his weight pressing against the springs, and frame on the bed, making it creak and groan under his heavy frame. He laid a hand on Tia's back, as the girl sat next to him. Giving her a gentle push, "Don't pity an old man. I'm not a legendary fighter, just one that happens to be durable. And ultimately expandable...don't let doubt push into your mind, like it has into mine after all these years Tia. It's not something you deserve to endure." The old man explained, as he unloaded his firearm, to check the bullets in the magazine were still there. Before pushing it back in with a soft click. The slide racked back with his free hand, he made sure a round was still in the chamber.

"I doubt our purpose as RONIN, but you are a NOAH. You do not face the same fate as I. You have a gift...that while forced upon you. Will prove powerful enough to defeat those that did this to you. My own fight is done...but yours is not." Andre explained, as he sat up, next to Tia. He looked at his gun for a moment. Pondering the steel and the old wood, as if it held all the secrets of the world. He traced his fingers along a worn down engraving, 'New Ecclesia'. The engraving was a reminder of how he had acquired the old handgun. It had been there since the day he joined FEARLESS. "What happened today is not Godfather's fault. But the fault of all of this organization. I made poor tactical decisions...intelligence wasn't provided well. And I know who I will have to face, as I lead the main assault team. I will face the survivors today."

Andre slipped his pistol back into the holster on his hip. And used the bed to stand himself up, groaning in pain, from the weight of standing on his injured leg. He gestured to Tia, "Run on young one. Enjoy the victories we have claimed, and do not cry. A warrior doesn't cry, even in death. I'm going to try and wash all this blood off...at least what I can, with all my bandages." He explained, as he started to limp toward the door. Ignoring any offer of help. He hadn't laid down for long, however he knew he could sit and wallow, with drying blood for his entire life.

So the old man was making for the nearest wash room. Mostly to find water, and soap to clean his body off. His arms, and his face, his hair. He was covered in the blood of his enemies...and of himself. "Whatever you do in life Tia. Remember, what you fight for. And never become conflicted. It breeds doubt, and confusion...it clouds the mind." As he spoke, he pushed the door open. Leaning up against the frame for a moment to recover. "Don't think this is the end of my story either Tia. I will find a new way to fight. Tinker's mech, or a tank will work fine. My story is only taking a rest...my tale of glory is on hold, as we find more ink to write it."

GVTuY41.jpg

As the arm was put around her, Tia's body trembled for a moment, her side leaning over onto Sarge's battered body. Her mind flashed back to when she was bought in to the AFTERLIFE, malnourished, pale... a shell of the girl she was compared to today. Andre was one of the first people she'd met, and one of the first that helped her get used to everything. Without him, without his teachings, who would she be today? Tia buried her head into the side of Andre's arm for a moment, sniffling as she listened to his words.

"Even if I'm not the strongest NOAH about, there's one thing I can promise you... I'll keep fighting till' the end, Andre. If they capture me, tie me up, and try to torture me, I'll spit them down. If they cut out my tongue, I'll stare them down. Even if they cut out my eyes, I'll curse them down. I'll never surrender to those bastards. Never." Tia clenched her fist tight as she wiped her eyes again, doing her best to stop any stray tears from flowing when Sarge urged her not to cry.

But there was something about the way he described her as a 'warrior', that made her want to cry even more.
"S-sorry... just... just let me have my 'emotional moment', every now and again," Tia chuckled through sniffs, "I'll only shed tears for FEARLESS, never for government pigs. That's all I can promise..."

Andre then began to wrap up his words, and taking her head off his arm, the NOAH followed the RONIN's commands to run along, standing by the doorway to give some parting words of her own. It wasn't the end, that was for sure... but at the same time, why did she feel like it 'was' the end?
"I... I'm gonna miss hearing your voice in battle. I know it's not the end for you, but... you tell me if one of your crew treats you wrong, alright? The deaths of many weren't your fault; I'm sure you did the best you could to lead everyone. From what I saw, Razor was hardly pulling his weight..." Tia mumbled offhandedly, "...Anyways, it's the government bastards that pinned you all down that they should be turning their heads to. And even if it wasn't the best idea... who else would have the courage to go up and wrestle a PALADIN? It's things like that which make you a legend, Andre. You can bet we'll all be having a laugh about that one at the bar, ehhh? 'The man who saw pig panties,'" Tia laughed, her spirits seeming to brighten again as she gave the man a playful punch in the chest.

As Sarge went off to wash his face, and headed off to the doorway to take his leave, Tia gave a strong nod to his words of wisdom. Doubt... it had clouded her mind few times, but she'd be careful to never let it cloud her again from now on.
"All right... j-just stay safe, you old fart. There's a spot for you on Mixuki anytime. We're all - well, most of us - are here for you, Andre." she whispered, teeth flashing in some sort of sad grin. She waited for the man to leave, before that grin instantly faded into a concerned look towards the floor. ...Had he just been saying that all, just to make her not worry? Would he really be able to live his glory days in battle ever again? And people like Goblin... would they be paying him a visit because of his actions on the field?

Leaving that thought hanging for a moment, Tia's eyes suddenly caught a whiff of something... gross... in the air. Looking for the source of the smell, the NOAH was pretty mortified to find it coming from her own armpit. How long had she even been out on the field? Must've been way longer than she assumed.
"Ack, nasty..." she hissed, wiping back a strand of hair that was stuck to her face. In the moment, she noticed something else. Air was flowing through a certain hole in her nose, and she hadn't taken note of that until now. "O-oh, crap...! Was that there the whole time...?" Covering the hole with her hand, brushing brightly, the NOAH scuttled off in the direction of the showers, where she'd replace the bandaid after a nice, long soak. Thank whatever Gods there were that she noticed that, or she would never have heard the end of it, turning up to the bar looking and smelling like that.

A long day like this needed a long bath - obviously, once Sarge was finished - a long, stiff drink, and a long session with the missus. It had felt good to vent her emotions, but now was the time for her mind to get back on track. Above all, friends or getting to know people was the best cure for a bad attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
64dGx3a.jpg
He was finally 'home'. Or at least as close to home as he could get. As Godfather greeted them and checked up on the PACKAGE, Arata finally released his grip on the sword, a dark void swallowing the great blade whole. And, with the disappearance of the blade, he was now fully aware of just how…disorientated he was.

Every part of his body ached, but more than that, it felt like his thoughts had suddenly turned into mud, emotions drained from him.

They had finished the mission, and now, they knew the true faces of the enemy.

Six pictures, six names, six targets.

And yet, just like Sarge said, he couldn't even take down a single PALADIN. What hope then, did they have against these Praetorians? Arata crumpled in on himself, wishing the wind would blow him away like the bloody flakes that had crusted all over him. Worthless, they lost so many just to learn the faces of the gods that ran New Eccelesia. Useless, he could kill all the Clerics in the world and still be destroyed by the Paladins. Hopeless, even though they were seen as the one chance FEARLESS had to take down the ruling elite, he simply couldn't see why someone as pathetic and weak as himself would be able to do anything at all.

Ah, Sarge was right. Everything was a wa-

A hand clapped against his back, and Arata found himself looking into the beady eyes of Goblin.

"Wasn't talking about you," the Ronin said, "Don't worry about it. Go take a bath, by the way. You didn't notice it, but Stingray's doing her best not to breathe right now."

"…"

"C'mon kid, look sharp and go take a bath. You deserve it more than anyone else."

GVTuY41.jpg

64dGx3a.jpg

FEARLESS OMAKE #1
Something in the Water
It took much more time than he had expected to scrub all the flakes of blood off his body, but once he was done, Arata finally felt clean.
No, that was a lie. He'd never be clean, but the false sensation was nice, if nothing else. Letting out a soft breath in the empty bathhouse, the raven-haired NOAH stretched backwards, feeling remarkably unencumbered as he walked over to the large hot tub that served as one of the few places where he could enjoy the mind-numbing silence that was so rare in his life.
Carefully lowering himself, Arata allowed the almost-painful warmth to seep into his bones, before slowly, slowly, sinking underwater.
Now, all he could hear was the gentle beating of his own heart.
~
Peering her head round the corner, Tia was sure to make sure Sarge finished long ago before stepping into the communal bath herself. Those moments where people walked in on you were truly the
worst.
By the looks of things, however, Tia couldn't see anyone around. In fact, the bath already seemed ready and waiting. Weird, considering the coast was absolutely clear.
'Huh… how thoughtful of Andre…' the mousy-blonde haired NOAH thought, silently closing the door behind her as she began to derobe, revealing a slender, yet muscular body deeply scarred through various surgical cuts, along with a large tattoo of a blooming rose imprinted on her left shoulder.
Clicking her head back and forth with closed eyes, Tia took a deep breath, smiling to herself gently, before lowering herself into the water, letting out a content: "Aaah...". She could already feel all those bad smells permeating off her. There truly was nothing like a nice bath; it was a moment of peace unmatched by many things.
It was about ten seconds through this moment of bliss, however, that Tia noticed something was wrong.
Horribly wrong.
Was that the smell of… blood… in the air? Opening one eye in confusion, Tia looked down to the water, her lip quivering in horror as she saw a single, solitary blood flake, floating beside her. She hadn't sustained any injuries apart from a gunshot wound to the shoulder, but she'd had that properly treated long ago.

This would've been the point where she got up, and ran out of the room instantly, if she didn't just feel something with her submerged foot.

A human head.
The NOAH's heart stopped, and her body became paralyzed, unable to move. A collection of noises began to fall out of her mouth, but no words came.
~
Huh? Something was pressing against his head? Someone else was in here?

SOMEONE WAS TRYING TO DROWN HIM TO DEATH?!
With all his strength, Arata pushed upwards, practically exploding out of the bathtub in a spray of white, hot water. Violently shaking his head back and forth to get wet strands out of his face, the NOAH stood, droplets of water clinging onto his bare skin as he locked eyes onto the only other individual in the room.
Oh.
Shit.
Whatever vestiges of Regana-Hier that had crept out from a foreign realm dissipated instantly as he realized just how bad this situation was.
~
The sudden push of force practically launching Tia out of the bathtub, she let out a shriek as her body lay squirming on the floor. She only caught a glimpse of the person she'd been unfortunate enough to walk into, but it was enough to seal her fate in her eyes. It had been Lionheart. Particles of Regana-Hier had began to materialize by his hand, and a bell tolled in the back of Tia's mind.

This was really it, wasn't it? This was actually how she was going to die.
"A-ARATA!! IT'S ONLY ME, I DIDN'T REALISE, SORRYSORRYSORRYSORRYSORRY-" Tia wailed, putting her hands defensively in front of her as if that would somehow protect against the legendary blade. Her voice died down, however, as she realised she somehow wasn't dead.
Opening one eye from her wincing position on the floor, as if the fear of being sliced in half wasn't enough, she was now looking at the boy blankly staring into her. Was he planning which parts to slice off first? Either way, Tia clicked her fingers, desperately trying to save herself from further embarrassment.
"M-MIXUKI! TO ME!!"
The Blackbird appeared behind her, managing to find space in the cramped bathroom behind Tia's prone position. Pieces of metal slowly detached from the outside of the bike, and she bought the pieces around her like a makeshift cocoon to shield her body from the other NOAH.
"I-I'm so fucking sorry, Arata, I didn't realize… p-please don't tell anyone… I didn't know, I promise…!" the muffled, almost delirious voice of Tia came from inside the scrap cocoon. "Ohhh… I wanna dieeee…"
~
Even as Tia apologized, Arata couldn't even hear her. Instead, all he could do was go
"SORRYSORRYSORRY" himself as he tried to find somewhere to retreat further from the fully nude, ridiculously buxom NOAH. One hand was slapped against his face to shield his eyes, but with splayed fingers, it was becoming even more awkward by the second.
AND THEN SHE SUMMONED HER BIKE. With such little space, was she still planning on running him over like this? How was he even supposed to get out of the bathroom if she was blocking the exit?
Guah, and what made THAT even worse was the reaction that came from her weirdishly provocative attempts to cover herself up. Even as blood rushed up his face and the raven-haired youth felt like dying, he could also feel his secondary sword beginning to rise. He needed to leave. But he couldn't.
His hand grasped for that extradimensional sword once more. Should he cut through the wall? No, he'd still be naked and it'd be property damage. AND THEN GOBLIN WOULD WANT TO KILL HIM TOO.
'AGHHHHHHHHHH' was the internal scream of Arata as his mouth just opened and closed like a retarded goldfish.
~
There was still no sound from the other side. STILL NO SOUND. He was obviously planning to get the perfect cut on her that sliced right through her pitiful attempt to try and protect herself. Hyperventilating a little, Tia realized this situation wasn't just dire, it was a situation of survival. She had to figure out a way to leave this room.

She began by awkwardly inching backwards, the scrap plates jingling awkwardly as they tried to follow her. She couldn't see where she was going, but she dared not look out into the outside world, for the safety of her own mind. A hand popped out of the scrap plates, feeling behind her, and she felt the handlebar of her bike. Okay, that was a start.
"I'm… I'm just gonna… I'm…" Tia squeaked, before realising something. OH FUCK. SHE'D SUMMONED THE BIKE ON THE FUCKING DOORWAY. No escape. Her fate was sealed, and is she dispelled it, she'd be putting her naked body on show to a half-innocent child, half-killing machine again. This was it. This was fucking it. She was dead.
The muffled voice of the clumsy NOAH came again, this time, in even more of a desperate tone.
"Arata… please don't kill me… this… t-this is just a misunderstanding, o-okay…! We can talk about this, just, just look the other direction, and, and… I'll run out of here. Just don't tell anyone! I'll do anything! Anything…!" Tia sobbed, "I'll… I'll make you hot chocolate for weeks! I'll even clean all your clothes for you, and, and… a-ahhh…" she couldn't think of anything else, what did that guy even want? This was over. She was dead.
~
Huh? Huh?! HUHH?!?!?!

She was backing up? Oh god, she was locking the door behind her, wasn't she? Making sure no one else can break in while she mutilated him? So utterly embarrassed and confused, enough blood flowed through his ears that he could hear it sizzle, the sound of his pounding, erratic heart drowning out all other noise. Look the other direction? Was that what she said?
SHE WAS GOING TO TELL HIM TO LOOK AWAY SO HIS END WOULD BE SLIGHTLY LESS TERRIFYING?!??!?!?!?!
Arata took a panicked step back, and suddenly, his feet slipped.
He had forgotten that he had splashed water pretty much everywhere.
Almost comically, the Wielder of the Weapon of Massacre fell backwards and knocked his head against the hard ground with a thunk, before staying there, limbs splayed.

A couple moments later, there was a knock on the door, as a rough voice called, "Lionheart, you alright in there?"
~
Listening out, her body quivering to still hear the sound of silence, Tia was suddenly met with an opportunity that must've been given to her from the heavens. A sound of a slip. A sound of a body thumping against the floor. Opening a crack in her metal cocoon to analyze the situation, her eyes widened with joy.

YES!!! THE FOOL, HE'D FALLEN OVER!!! SHE WASN'T DEAD!!!
Her body moving in a flash to endorse the opportunity, the pieces of scrap around her body dispersed, as she whipped around to the exit, letting out a pitiful scream as she cracked her fingers:
"MIXUKI: AWAYYYY--"
Bursting out of the room when the bike disappeared as fast as her legs could carry her, Tia didn't even bother putting her clothes back on. She just needed to RUN, RUN, RUN, RUN--
...R…
...Run…?
Oh no.
NO.

N O O O O O O O .

"G-GOBLIN?!" Tia's whole body turned a shade of white, her arms flailing to cover up her body in the open doorway. Her breathing speed intensified and formed a crescendo, until she let out a string of pleading shrieks. "NONONONONO, NO, NO, DON'T GET THE WRONG IDEAAA, ICANEXPLAINICANEXPLAIN--"
~
The veteran RONIN looked at Tia, then looked back into the room, where water was splashed everywhere and Arata was on the floor, blissfully asleep, and then looked back at Tia. He pressed his fingers against the bridge of his nose, massaged it, before letting out a sigh.

An understanding smile surfaced.
"It's chill, Tia. You're both young and it's been a rough night. Drop me a line when you're done, and I'll mop it up afterwards."
With that, the Ronin winked and saluted her.
"Don't worry, your secret is safe with me."
Young love was nice, wasn't it? Hopefully it lasted.
~
"GUUUAAHHHH, NOOO, GOBLIN…!! IT'S NOT LIKE THAT, DON'T TELL ANYONE, I WALKED IN AND DIDN'T REALIZE, BUT HE… AND THEN I… A-AND… WAAIIIT…!" Tia waved a hand desperately to try to stop him, but it was too late, he was already gone, smug that his theory was correct.
"Don't walk away…" she whimpered, before falling onto her knees in defeat. She wasn't going to hear the end of this if he told anyone. Ever…
Looking behind her, Tia slowly planted her face into her hands, before giving a sigh as her whole face turned red. Cracking open the door and reaching behind her for her clothes, Tia could only hope Arata hit his head on something when he'd fallen over, and had forgotten about the whole thing. Despite how wrong Goblin was, Tia still trusted the veteran with this 'secret'. It could've gone a lot worse.
Slipping her clothes back on, Tia felt lucky to be alive.
"I need a fucking drink…" she moaned, sobbing into her hand.

64dGx3a.jpg

FmumlOe.jpg

FEARLESS OMAKE #2
Specks of Dust

An autumn night with clear skies and a cool breeze. After a long soak in the hot tub, nothing felt better than going up onto the rooftops of the Afterlife and enjoying a kettle full of hot chocolate. Cradling a hot mug in his hands, Arata sipped carefully and enjoyed the bittersweet flavor. Underneath three layers of blankets and clothing, he felt incredibly warm, and even though he could hear all the celebrations and toasts down below, those were mere vestiges, snatched away by the wind.

Up on the roof, it was quiet and he was alone.

Another sip, and this time, the vacuous sweetness of a small marshmallow found its way in his mouth. Hot breath escaped his lips.

Ah, so peaceful.

Soon, the peace of the sword wielder was interrupted by the presence of another figure entering the rooftop. A certain black-haired witch that many considered to be the root of Chaos - the opposite of what Arata was currently looking for.

Unlike usually, Aresia seemed weirdly calm for the time being. Dressed rather commonly, but clearly too little for the cold weather, the glasses wearing woman had a bowl of a steaming dish inside her gloved hands. Considering the darkness and the rooftop usually being empty, the Chaos Witch did not even acknowledge Arata's presence… yet.

Gah, someone else there? Immediately, Arata's shoulders tensed, his head turning to the sound of the footsteps, to see the raven-haired Chaos Witch standing a little ways behind him, holding a bowl of something. Shit, why was she here? Planning on summoning some cosmic nightmare from the depths of space? Here to challenge him to a deathmatch so that she can plant a seed inside him and turn him into a sword-based spell?

Immediately, he turned and faced away from her once more, taking a shot of his hot chocolate. The warmth calmed him somewhat, a bit of tension leaving his shoulders.

At this range, in this proximity, he could cut her down before she could cast any sort of spell. Dice her into little bits and splatter her pieces all over the rooftop, before stomping each splattered piece into mush-

Arata shook his head.

Not my thoughts.

He would just stay quiet, and hope that she was here to avoid the crowd downstairs, instead of, god forbid, talk to him.

The darkness of the rooftop was disguise enough for the female NOAH to assume she was alone. Perfect. Just what she actually needed. Enjoying her delicious food in peace before starting her daily nightly session of meditating.

With food being one of the few things Chaos Witch enjoyed outside of slaughter, and her being a great cook, the raven haired girl started to hum some random melody before she finally found a place comfortable enough to sit down. The edge of the roof, her legs idling below. Giving herself a deep breath to enjoy the night breeze Aresia took out a fork before starting to dig in.

"Mhm~..." Truly, it was a blessing. Maybe the egoistic Witch was just stroking her ego, but regardless, her own cooking helped her to find a certain balance just that much more. Loudly enjoying her food, thinking to be safe of the others, it was then that it happened:

She...didn't notice? Was her night vision that terrible, or was she throwing him a bone here, telling him that if he didn't talk to her, she wouldn't talk to him? Letting out a sigh of relief, Arata poured himself another cup of the chocolatey liquid, now fully relaxing. There was something nice in the air tonight. Was Stingray cooking? He breathed in the fragrance a little more, a small smile unconsciously surfacing.

Chicken noodle soup huh? He should get some of that afterwards. The small morsels of chicken, the light yet flavorful broth, the soft, overcooked noodles, the medley of herbs...wonderful.

Arata's stomach grumbled.

He paled.

S. H. I. T.

Aresia nearly spilled her food as she heard another voice. Another sound. The grumbling of… a stomach? The explosion of a volcano. The Chaos Witch was, in fact, not alone.

Immediately her entire attitude changed, looking towards the general direction of the sound ,and with her eyes slowly having been more accustomed to the darkness, the woman could make out a shape. "Who's there?" She demanded to know.

"..me." came the reply. Ah, Arata wanted to dieeeeeee.

It was… male, alas, not a voice the Chaos Witch could recognize. Fuck, she didn't even know if it was a human or not. But regardless of that, whoever it was, must have thought of himself as very funny. All the raven-haired girl initially wanted to do was enjoy her food and find some inner peace. "Great, you're one of those funny humans they refer to as 'Clowns', huh?"

Shit. What was he supposed to say here then? She's definitely not finding this funny, but HE WASN'T LAUGHING EITHER. Should he agree? Tell her his name? No, then she'd know his identity. Gah, how long did he have until her eyes adjusted to this darkness? Should he make his escape now?

The wind picked up, and suddenly, Arata felt very, very cold. Ohgodohgodohgodddddd. His hands shook, and before the youth realized what was happening, the very full cup of hot chocolate splashed onto his very cold hands.

"OUCH!"

Instinctively dropping it, Arata leapt away as the ceramic mug shattered against the stone, steaming liquid splattering everywhere.

Aresia could roughly assume what transpired over there from the little she was capable of seeing and the sounds. In fact, she was even able to make out some sort of blueish… clothing now. Pajamas? Great. Was this his next act of Foolishness? Or was the Chaos Witch supposed to feel sorry?

Wiping off her grin, after all Schadenfreude was a wonderful thing, she now responded. "You know, if not for the fact you're wasting good food - though anything not made by me is trash anyways - you'd nearly succeeded in your clown role, clown." With those words, she finally took another bite of her delicious food. The longer she waited the colder it would get.

Should he correct her? Tell her that it wasn't food? Couldn't she smell the difference? Gah, but he still had half a kettle left, and he did want to eat some of that amazing soup...BUT THIS WAS CHAOS WITCH, DESTROYER OF WORLDS. Ugh, his blankets were soaked as well. Gonna take a long while, scrubbing the chocolate stains off those white sheets.

"...it wasn't food." He grimaced, before taking that one step further. "And I'm Arata."

'It wasn't food.' Arata said. Such trivial details. That was one of the reasons why humans were just stupid… no… Arata, wasn't that. Right. HIM. Here? What? Wasn't he supposed to be locked up in his room and cut himself or something?

The Chaos Witch was genuinely confused. Just… what? The blue Pajamas. The blood-soaked killing machine. Blue Pajamas. Just… "My name's Aresia…" Was all the Chaos Witch could really respond to that. Though he most likely already knew. Did they ever even speak to each other before?

"..."

What was he supposed to say now? 'How are you doing?' 'Nice night?' 'What's a babe like you doing here?' 'The stars and the moon all exist to be compared to your beauty?' WHY THE HELL WERE THESE CORNY ROMANCE NOVEL LINES POPPING UP NOW!?!?!?

Ah, Arata wanted to bash his head against a wall, but instead, he just stood where he was, awkwardly silent.

Great. Now he just kept being silent. Just what the 'Destroyer of Worlds' that tried to be as calm as possible needed. Silence… which actually wasn't that wrong. Still, it kind of pissed her off. At least Arata wasn't a human nor did he have a scrubby Elegance like many other NOAH's.

In fact, the Chaos Witch got an idea. With most of her initial hostility gone she once again displayed a grin on her face. "Nice Pajamas you got there. I remember burning someone who wore some just like those before I joined FEARLESS!"

Oh, shit, she was going to kill him. Oh shit, should he kill her first? Why was she smiling so much? Was that a friendly smile? No, in the darkness of the night, even a friendly smile looked like a demonic one. One clenched hand opened up as Arata considered his options. She'll expect a frontal charge. He'll fake front, dive to the side, and hop off the building, before making his escape from there? Or should he trust in his speed and the indestructibility of his sword and rush her down regardless?

"Uh...nice...clothes? you got there too?"

WHAT WAS SHE EVEN WEARING?!

Wow. Arata was… odd? To say the least. Clearly the Chaos Witch had misjudged the silent killer before. While she had not expected that kind of response, it did please her nonetheless. Making her grin just bigger. "Oh my, thank you very much! I have never seen you fight in those though, any reason?" Of course one wouldn't wear Pajamas into battle, even Aresia knew that, but she looked forward to his response nonetheless.

"...no reason. I can fight in these."

If he thought about it, he basically wore nothing when 'fighting' in the past, because it was easier to clean up afterwards, but...Arata frowned. Those were unpleasant times. Uh…

"Do you fight in…" he gestured at the clothes that were shrouded in darkness, "...that?"

He could fight in those? Well… of course but… this time Aresia wasn't too happy with Arata's response. Nonetheless, he actually asked a valid question even though all he did so far was repeat her words more or less.

Taking another bite from her colder and colder getting food Aresia chewed a bit on it before she answered. "In, those, huh?" The Chaos Witch looked down on her simple black tank-top and and blue levis jeans she was wearing. "Hah, I wish I could! I usually wear some fancy special tailored, more fireproof, stuff. If I'm not careful enough my things could easily burn to ashes…"

Aresia closed her eyes for a moment and gave out a small, sad, sigh. "I used to not care about burning my own clothes… ."

Ah. Was it safe to sit down? She wasn't smiling anymore, which meant she wasn't going to psychopathically turn him into ash, but on the other hand...he didn't like her current tone either. Quietly, Arata picked up his pot of hot chocolate and walked over to Aresia. Placing the pot inbetween him and herself, the inkstone-eyed youth took a seat as well, still prepared to toss the pot in her face if she suddenly went slasher-smile mode.

Well, no, that'd be a waste. He could just push her off the roof at that range.

"Want some?"

All of a sudden, Arata actually went ahead and offered the Chaos Witch some Hot Chocolate. Once again, Aresia was confused. Was the chocolate maybe poisoned? Did he expect something in return? Or… no. There was no way he would have tried to be genuinely friendly.

Aresia was very aware of the fact that even some NOAH wanted her dead. In fact, knowing if Arata was one of them would help her Agenda greatly. After all, the wielder of the Weapon of Massacre sword was a dangerous foe. "Thank you, have this in return!" Even so, the Chaos Witch wouldn't just stay indebted to anyone. Making sure the two of them were even she took another bite of her chicken noodle soup before also placing it down for Arata to grab before tasting some of the Hot Chocolate…

"Eh?"

It wasn't his intention, but...chicken noodle soup was chicken noodle soup. Taking the lukewarm bowl in both hands, the young man brought the rim to his lips and took a tentative sip.

Ah.

It was really good, even when it wasn't hot anymore.

He almost took a second sip, before realizing that it still wasn't his own food.

"Delicious," Arata murmured, satisfied just with the memory of something nice.

Taking a sip from the drink herself, Aresia waited… and waited… and waited. Clearly, the raven-haired woman hadn't died yet and… for not being something she had made herself it was actually drinkable! Better than the crap they could buy here. So… he most likely had made it himself?

"Of course it is delicious! I made it, after all." This time, The Chaos Witch was actually a tad annoyed. He made it sound way less awesome than it actually was. Now, being peaceful and all Aresia could take more shit than usual, but if Arata were to badmouth her cooking… .

She was proud of her cooking? ...ok.

Carefully choosing his words, Arata started, "...it isn't just delicious though. The broth, despite being very light, still maintains the umami of the chicken that has been simmered into it, while the herbs used to season the stock perfectly support that subtle, yet strong, flavor. Indeed, it is the consistency of the dish that stands out the most, with the flavor of chicken permeating every other ingredient within this dish. From the noodles to the carrots to the celeries to the onions, every bite of everything has that meaty flavor, even if the chicken used was minimal. A wonderfully cost effective, yet meticulously crafted dish."

He coughed, making a prayer to a heartless God that Aresia didn't realize he was just picking things up from food reviews he had read in the past.

"Truly a masterwork befitting of a chef who breathes miracles."

… While he did deliver the lines without fucking up it was his voice that still needed to work on if he wanted to be a liar. Still, somehow, whatever stuff he had picked up and just repeated wasn't too bad. Giving him a deadpan face Aresia simply replied in a dull tone. "Your hot chocolate was shit."

"...ok."

"You're not making this any easier you know." Aresia now gave a genuine chuckle.

"Sorry."

"You're not forgiven." The Chaos Witch now sighed, taking another sip of the hot chocolate.

He turned back to the soup bowl, before sliding it over to Aresia.

"Finish this first."

"Huh? We made a trade. The soup is yours. Enjoy my cooking as long as it's still warm." Yeah, by now, Aresia would have just made another bowl anyways. "Though I could probably heat it up again, even if it destroys the flavour."

"Not fair for me to eat this when you're drinking shit," Arata replied glumly.

Aresia fell silent for a moment before she managed a big fat grin on her face. "Hah! I lied! It doesn't taste like shit…" Another moment of silence before she tried to deadpan again. "It's way worse."

Ah.

He should just jump off now.

"I'll make it better next time," he replied, before working on the bowl. It was hard to eat noodles without a fork, but...Aresia probably didn't want him slobbering over her silverware. "...I wasn't lying, you know? It's still good."

The raven-haired girl now looked up into the stars. "Mhm… did I lie?" She asked just rhetorically before adding. "Alright. We have a deal then. For your next hot chocolate I shall cook you something new! Anything you wish for?"

New. That implied that she didn't want to cook this for him. Which meant he couldn't pick this current dish. Which meant…

"...anything's fine."

A final spurt of drinking, and he let out a satisfied sigh, turning up towards the stars, eyes flickering from one to the other. Familiar shapes and familiar lights in familiar positions. The only things that never changed from his past to now, huh?

"...Polaris, Crux, Regulus…"

Without realizing it, he began to name the stars, one by one.

Like counting sheep.

"Anything, huh? Alright more Chicken Noodles then!" She nodded like it was a done deal. "By then you can also think up more fancy terms to please me." The Chaos Witch could guess that Arata was calling forth the name of the stars, personally she only knew of 'Polaris' though. "Do you like the stars?" Why did she even bother continuing this charade?

He blinked.

"I wish I didn't. You?"

"Me?" Honestly, Aresia never thought about that. Those glowing things were far enough away that they never had anything to do with her. In fact, she wasn't even aware of the 'Night Sky' until after she attained her freedom. "I… don't think so? I never really cared. They are just 'up there' without any way for me to reach them… or…" Was there actually a way, Aresia wondered?

"That makes me wonder…" Now, this was probably a subtle subject for any NOAH, though Aresia never really wondered about it before. "When I was with NEW ECCLESIA, I never got to see the Night Sky. Were you ever allowed out or something?"

...Arata bit his lower lip, his shoulders tensing once more. Saccarchine memories of another life surfaced, the tranquility and simplicity of another time. All those smiling faces. All those field trips. All that warmth.

He tasted copper, and he stopped biting.

"...sorry. Can I not?"

He closed that [door].

Right. The Chaos Witch wasn't even surprised. While she wasn't too keen on sharing any fancy details either she had hoped at least for something. Still, she should have known better. "I shouldn't have asked. I apologize." Aresia apologized!

"No, it's just me."

Another gust blew over the the rooftop, the bite of winter sinking in.

"Oh don't you dare apologizing to me."
Really. Even if he was a NOAH, The Chaos Witch apologizing to anyone was as if they had Birthday or something. Regardless of that however, Aresia now stood up. "Anyways, I suppose I should take my leave for now. I still need to find a quiet place… otherwise I might burn down the entire Afterlife." She said in a joking tone… though was oddly serious too.

That copper taste remained, as Arata looked down towards his empty hands.

There really wasn't anything else he could say, huh?

"Sorry."

"Argh! Next time you say that I swear I burn out your tongue!"
With those nice words the Chaos Witch finally took her leave, already feeling certain urges rising inside her.

"S-"

He stopped himself.

Couldn't even follow instructions, huh?

U S E L E S S

Clouds moved in over the horizon, obscuring the moon and the stars, and the NOAH melted into the darkness.

Erja Liikanen - Team 2
jnTmPYw.jpg

NHP4Ihq.png

Surprised at the Noah's appearance, Erja wanted to continue to the safe house, but there was some logic to what she was saying. Grumbling a bit, the girl did save her ass, so she shouldn't just be dismissed casually... And if they did come down here they were low on weapons unless Ansgar had more, they would be in trouble, she wasn't about to admit her SVD was empty. She didn't have a single round left, it would be less imposing on Ansgar if they left as well.

"I can't speak for Ansgar, but I guess we'll go with you, I'll need your help to carry Ade, well Faceless. I'm reaching my limit.."

Jake, however, held the same blank look on his face as he usually did, not that it could be seen from behind the mask. Regardless, he didn't appear that surprised about Valkyrie's sudden appearance nor relief of her successful escape. "Good job on not getting yourself killed, Val," The medic congratulated. "I'll go too. But give me a hand. Dragging around two wounded is a pain." If it was possible, the young medic would prefer not to spend a night in the sewers. Then again, he would also prefer to not to be lugging around two people. "If you're too tired, just let me carry you. We'd be able to move at a faster pace too," He told Erja. As time went on, her limping was making her go slower and slower, and him to move at her speed.

"Oh for fuck's sake woman!" A bit tired and angry with the situation, Jake scoops Erja up against her protests, carrying her off.

"The hell are you doing!? I'm not some Princess or sack of feed!" Looking at him with narrowed eyes, the Sniper attempts to wiggle out, as Jake tightens his hold of her. She was clearly not happy with this situation though she was too tired to put up much resistance.

"Huh... equipment's heavier than I thought, princess." Somehow, while Jake spoke in a tone no different from how he usually talks, it seemed like he wasn't talking about her armor when he mentioned equipment. Growling as she struggles, he replies to her arguments. "Oh, shut up. Unless, by all means, you want a bunch of Clerics to come fuck us over. It's the sewers. Echo's a lot. Otherwise, deal with it. I'm tired of you making me go slower."

As they travel the back streets Erja maintains a stony gaze, her SVD was partly damaged from using it as a walking stick, counting the lost PTRS she would need this repaired and a replacement for that. Thinking of those lost, the group within moments arrive back to the Afterlife.

"..Put me down.." Wiggling free Erja bares her weight on the SVD and limps inside, to the Surprise of stingray, with Rip in tow she tells him to wait outside of the office the Commodore was currently using. Entering the room she gives a brief explanation of the events of the day, pausing part way through the report she was unsure if Faceless would file a report of their own. Telling the truth of Ire and Empress, she does make a recommendation that the truth of the matter be skewered in honor of what service they did give. With a distant gaze she explains the encounter with the woman, unaware that she was a Praetorian, or even what they were. Given a description that matched perfectly with one of the photos on hand.

Not really able to salute in her current state, White Death leaves the room, using her SVD as a crutch, spotting Jake, she motions for him to come over, shutting the door, she removes her right boot. "Fix this.. Please." It seemed from the looks of it, her ankle had just been twisted, or rather dislocated, while painful it could be snapped back into place. Adding the last word as if an after thought to be nice, she waits for his prognosis.

Studying the ankle Jake kneels down to grab on to it. "Lucky, it's not broken. Don't you fucking kick me, now on Three, One, Two, Three." Grabbing the right ankle Jack quickly pulls and twists it, while Erja's eyes widen for a brief instant, clenching her fists, it was clear it was fairly painful, but she seemingly ignored it.

Giving a shrug Jake briefly massages it, before turning her lose. "I'll come back and check on you later, I need a bath, you two made me sweat too much today. Keep off of that damn ankle for now if you can, and don't leave the building tonight. Also name's Jake, some folks call me R.I.P"

Getting up Erja gives a nod in reply putting her boot back on, she doesn't bother tightening it up much; "Yeah you do that.. And thanks..I'm getting something to drink.. Today was a bad day.." Watching Jake leave, at least while he was foul mouth it wasn't as bad as dealing with the slimy doctor. Temporarily putting her SVD in the armories care, she would be staying her for the night after all. Not looking forward to the crowds, she mutters. "Would be better being at home.."

(To be continued in collab with jakers.)

jnTmPYw.jpg

GVTuY41.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]FEARLESS OMAKE #3[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Bottom of the Bottle[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Later that night upon reaching the FEARLESS base, Erja was worn out, the walk with her ankle was bad enough, then there was the report and having R.I.P resetting said right ankle, now all she really wanted was a drink and to sleep, well possibly a bath before that.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Stingray, my instrument and a bottle of Vodka please." She says upon approach to the counter, getting both items, the sniper watches the jovial attitude starting to take hold. Glaring with narrowed eyes she wasn't sure what in the hell they had to be happy about, minus living. Many good people died this day, and she still didn't know why. Taking a table at the back, Erja removes her mask, keeping her cloak on given her ripped shirt. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Pouring a shot of Vodka and removing her mask, the red eyed woman exhales, turning the shot glass up and downing it in one go, she wasn't sure how to feel about today's events, she had survived and met a monster afterall.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]~[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]One hand a support to rest her cheek on, and the other hand gripping a half-full whisky glass, Tia closed her eyes tightly as she took a moment to be alone with her alcohol. It wasn't a usual attitude for a NOAH of her personality, but after everything that'd happened today - [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]especially [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]the recent event with Arata - she needed to just forget about it, somehow. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Unfortunately, alcohol just wasn't doing it. It was just making her think harder, somehow. She needed to talk.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Her eyes scanning around the room, it didn't take long at all for Tia to notice a few of her friends scattered about the place, waving at her. She returned a slight smile in response, but as her eyes scanned further to the left, she noticed someone else.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]...Erja?![/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She was alive?[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Widening her eyes, slightly, Tia had assumed Erja - and all of Team Two - K.I.A. after she'd got no communications whatsoever back from Empress. It was almost like she was seeing a ghost. Sitting up on her stool, slightly, watching the sniper unmask seemed horribly unsettling, for some reason. Even if she didn't like to show it, Erja was one of the few people Tia considered she 'didn't get along with'. That was mostly due to some sort of… irrational fear.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The alcohol helping her courage, however, she figured that now of all times - after seeing she was actually alive - was one to change.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Getting to her feet, Tia took a deep breath, and mentally psyched herself up before approaching the pale, white-haired deadeye. Slowly approaching from behind, Tia attempted to form some sort of greeting, but the awkwardness of it all made a collection of noises come out that'd more likely come from some sort of retarded animal.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"U-u-uh…" Tia began, before deliberately coughing to make it seem like she hadn't made that noise on purpose, "I… er… hey, Erja. Long time no see, huh? I… thought you hadn't made it, what, with the situation of Team Two and all…" Tia began, looking to the floor as her grip on her whisky loosened somewhat. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Looking to a spare chair on Erja's table for a moment, Tia's mouth moved without saying words for a moment, before she found the courage to speak.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Mind if I sit here?"[/BCOLOR]
~
[BCOLOR=transparent]What in the hell is that noise.. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Erja thinks to herself, pouring a 2nd shot and turning her head to see what, or rather who it was, it seemed to be that really friendly Noah girl, what was her name… "Ah, Tia.." Watching as the girl stumbled across her words, Erja was in little mood to deal with this, though at the same time she couldn't help but think of Ire. Pausing at her drink with the request of taking a seat and a mention of team two, the pale faced woman directly faces Tia eye to eye.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Barring the burn marks across the left side of her face, her skin while ghostly was rather unmarred, almost like a doll. The eyes however with their inherent hostility offset this however, allowing for a strange contrast. As if she were about to tell Tia to piss off, she averts her gaze towards the shot glass, downing it quickly, turning away. Her shoulders sulking slightly she finally responds.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Chair's there, might as well.. As to team two, only two survived." Looking at the empty glass as her hand goes to pour a third, Erja takes a pause as the bottleneck hovers above the glass. "Given you talked to her a bit.., well Karin died, me and Ade are all that's left.. So what can I do for you? Or did you just want to see how burned I am..ah sorry.." Seemingly detatched a hint of emotion could be heard with her pause, and naturally hostility with the last remark.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Apparently somewhat regretting her hostile tone, Erja sets her bottle down, motioning to the free chair.[/BCOLOR]
~
[BCOLOR=transparent]Well… she wasn't dead, and she hadn't apparently said something 'wrong'. That was always a good start. Warily looking at Erja, Tia pulled up the chair, raising an eyebrow as she began to lower herself onto the seat, listening to the hoarse words of the off-duty sniper.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Fuck… just… you and Ade, huh?" Tia mumbled in a sad monotone, before shaking her head quickly to try and bring optimism back into the picture. "Well, at least that's way better than the amount[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] I [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]thought survived. I helped out how I could before going onto my objective, but… I heard a Praetorian turned up, not to mention the high numbers of elite CLERICs. Not much anyone can do at that point, is there…? [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Fucking Prae[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Tia drummed her fingers on the table for a moment, before warily looking up at what Erja suggested.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"L-look at your burns? No… I would never…" Tia began, sweating a little. Now that she looked at the burns on her face, though, they looked way worse than the burn scar that trailed from her own right leg, all the way up to the buttock. She bit her lip for a moment. How the hell was she supposed to continue the conversation from there? Closing her eyes, Tia looked across the room.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I didn't mean to stare, so… if it makes you feel any better, you could see a scar of my own…?" Tia began quietly. Moving a finger up to her face, she took a deep breath, before peeling off the plaster that covered her nose. She tried to make some form of reassuring smile, before looking down at the table again. "...Yeah, I know, heh. Not pretty, is it…"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"..." Pouring her next shot Erja grunts at the first comment, setting her bottle back down with a thud. "Praetorian? Huh...so that's what that monster was. We wiped out most of the clerics.. That bitch got all the rest!" Likely not helping Tia's jumpy mood, Erja slams her glass down after turning it up and taking a gulp, with a slightly reddish hue to her cheeks, her free left hand face palms at the girls later actions.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sighing a bit this is why she didn't like Company, everyone was scared of her, or just wanted to be assholes. Half tempted to leave the table Erja, be it on her own initiative, today's events or the vodka, was going to try a new approach. No one had ever asked her about the burns though it was in her file, and Tia was just falling over herself by this point.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Smiling it seemed a rather rarely used expression, tapping the table softly she motions with her left for Tia to cover up her nose. "Just shut it and drink..at this rate you'll pass out from fright...I'm not going to shoot you, haven't been paid to. As to the burns, don't worry about it.. Was several years ago, Ecclesian flamethrowers made forty percent of my body look like the side of my face..not your fault. Your wound seems like you got lucky, but that counts for a lot in this war."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] With her mouth twitching slightly the Sniper goes for her bottle, pausing she really should stop before she get's drunk, but at the same time..well today wasn't a bad day for it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"..I don't think I'm drunk enough to tell the rest of that story. So what do you want to talk about..why come set with a ghost, it's strange seeing you so unlively." Not drinking her fourth shot yet, Erja places her kantele on the table, strumming the strings lightly. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Her eyes widening, Tia's heartbeat slowed a little as she felt like she was experiencing a sight only to be seen once in a lifetime. She must've said something right, or caught Erja at the right time, because 'White Death' was smiling at her. Seeing that smile, seeing that actually friendly look in her eyes… that irrational 'fear' she had of Erja seemed to fade away slightly, and now, guilt began to manifest itself in the stomach of Tia.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oho… not paid to? How much would I be as a hit, then? Probably a couple of cents, hehe," Tia replied, nodding eagerly at Erja's offer to drink with her. Picking up her half finished whisky, with one hand and recovering her nasty scar with the other, Tia downed the rest of her drink in one fell swoop, laying the glass back down onto the table as her own cheeks began to redden. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Listening, Tia grinned at something Erja had said, clearly beginning to loosen up around her after that smile. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oooh, not drunk enough, you say? Well, that can be worked on. We're in it till the end now, sister…" reaching across, Tia whistled to the bartender, tapping a spot next to the table beside her. With a roll of her eyes, Stingray bought a bottle of whisky to the table, and Tia began to top up her own glass. As she watched the golden-brown liquid flow into the wide glass, the NOAH gave a quiet sigh.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Yeah. I guess luck was a lot to do with it. Bullet shoulda blown my whole face off, pierced my skull, when that sniper tried to pop me off when I managed to get past 'the fence'. For some reason, it didn't though. I dunno why. Maybe someone was smiling at me from above, but… the bullet, when I met someone who removed it, barely went deep into my nose at all. They could just pick it out with tweezers," Tia explained, speaking a little more seriously. She didn't want to go too deep into that story, as the memories would come flooding back, but it was only fair.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...I guess… that's why I came to talk to you," Tia suddenly admitted, "I won't deny that I've always been kinda scared of you, but not because of you, or your personality. Because of the weapon you carry. After getting a taste of what a sniper can do - to just delete you without you even knowing where it came from - I've always been paranoid of being under a scope. ...I guess that's why I've always loved riding. Being so fast on the move's a harder target, right?" Tia laughed quietly, before looking up at Erja, taking another sip of her drink, "...Now though, I feel kinda bad. I dunno if it's the drink getting to your head, but you're nowhere near as 'scary' as I thought. Friendly ghosts exist, right?" Tia grinned.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Heh. ...ehehehheh.." Laughing a bit bitterly, Erja just grabs the Vodka Bottle, taking a huge gulp from it before slamming it down. The irony of this situation was rather rich. "And I am not fond of your fire, when I was a girl, we, by that I mean the farm tower I lived on pissed off the government shitters...growed too much food sold it, we killed many of them.. Eventually they had enough, brought in Flamethrowers… Everything I knew, everything I loved, burning, myself burning..even in water does the napalm burn you know? And the Pain…you scream for days.." Grabbing the bottle again and chugging it, whatever happened in detail, it seemed she wasn't any more fond of Tia's weapon, than she was of her's. And still didn't care to go into detail. "..A rifle shot is a mercy. I fear fire because of how horrible it is.." Thinking on Tia's comments on Snipers Erja runs both her hands palm first across her face, letting out a sigh and placing them back on the table, her hands go for the instrument once more. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sniping is hard onah sniper as well you know.. Every cleric shit, criminal or general scum I've shot, I study them, I know how old they are, if they are married, at times even the kind of person they are. And I can tell you ghosts are never friendly." Letting out a sigh Erja was aware enough to know this would ruin the mood, plus she didn't want Tia knowing how far her hatred went, or perhaps her love, nor for the Noah to worry she was crazy. Slipping up once with her speech the sniper waves it off, ignoring it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Have a song from when I was a young girl. And don't worry, not many snipers as good as me or that one, snipers are odd we have to be detached from what we do.. Don't worry about me, worry about yourself, you Noah had it rather rough yeah?" Taking up a neutral tone White Death as she was known resorts back to her normal icy persona, plucking the strings as Tia begins on her new drink.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sakkijarven polkka, my mother used to play this often. Be careful not to get too drunk eheh." Still managing to play the number flawlessly from the sheer amount of practice, Erja's face was a bit flushed, she didn't want to admit it, but she would likely not have much control over her actions soon enough. The piece carries across the less noisier parts of the bar.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Watching as Erja chugged down on the bottle as if it was nothing, Tia gulped nervously.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Holy shit, this woman was hardcore[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent], and she wasn't one to be outdone. Unscrewing the cap off her own bottle, Tia took a breath of preparation, before taking a big gulp herself. Her head wobbling a little as she set the bottle back down, Tia looked up as Erja was apparently drunk enough to share the rest of her story by now.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...Oh, I know how it burns. Not as bad as napalm, b-but…" Tia looked around herself, before leaning in towards Erja. "Don't tell anyone this, but I actually burnt my own ass once, down to my leg. Pretty badly. Don't ask why. Those days of recovery were k-kinda torture, but my friends were there to hold my hand and tell me it was all going to be okay…" Tia's eyes watered a little at the thought, "...I guess you didn't have that luxury, though, huh…?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Memories of that stupid yet painful moment were starting to come back, and Tia tried to drown it out with more and more alcohol. She'd had enough of being overly emotional today.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Listening in, Tia could perfectly respect why Erja didn't like her flames - even if it was only a minor part of how she fought - but something Erja said caused Tia's eyes to snap up in a very real fashion, all of a sudden. For a brief second, it was a scowl that wasn't like her at all, and any signs of intoxication she had seemed to temporarily disappear in the moment.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"But govs' don't deserve any mercy."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hanging on the statement for a long while, Tia took one more large gulp of the whisky, looking down the table again, seemingly snapping back to her normal drunk self.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] "Ghosts are never friendly…? Bullshiiiit… I have a few that follow me arruu… arouua…" Tia slurred, wobbling a little as she tried to find the right word, "...arouunnd. H-hah! Made it in the end… fff-ffuck… how do you drink thish mush, you madwooom… wooman…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Eyes looking up curiously - despite bouncing around her sockets due to all the drink - Tia tilted her head sideways slightly upon looking at Erja's instrument.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"H-huh… wassat…?" Tia asked quietly, before staying silent to listen to Erja's song. She listened in on how it was taught by her mother, and was amazed at how perfectly she could play the thing, even whilst so drunk. It must've meant a lot to her. Her eyes watering slightly, Tia wondered what it was like to have a family. ...Well. A 'real' one.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thas' really nice… b-but… c'mon, stop… you're…" Tia batted at Erja's arm playfully, her head seemingly falling a little. "...that's making me… slee… sleepy…" Tia trailed off, her eyes beginning to close, and her head gently beginning to rest against the table the more she listened to the song.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It wasn't long at all, before soft breaths came in and out of the drunken NOAH, captivated enough by the song for Tia to fully fall asleep at the table, her still arm left hanging near Erja's hand, a quiet snore starting to come from her lips.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Baffled at the girl's reaction, narrowing her eyes, at the Gov's don't deserve mercy, she was right about that. "I shoot them to kill them so they stay dead... I was burned and I lived, so migh-" Before she can finish however, Tia was drunk, more so than herself, she was a kid still after all, in spite of what else she might be. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]About to answer what the instrument was called, Erja is stopped in her tracks as the NOAH falls asleep, she hadn't expected that to work. Ending her performance Erja's own eyes start to become heavy, reaching for her own mask, and giving up on putting it on, Erja does reach for Tia's Arm, swinging it back towards her with a shove. "May your nightmares not return.. Be more mindful.. you'll ruin your circulation.. I wonder..had my sister lived would she have looked like-" Not finishing the sentence, it was a rather bitter sweet reminder of her youngest sister who perished in the flames, a happy girl that always tried making friends and was none too bright, closing her eyes Erja falls asleep, arms crossed, it seemed as if she were just sitting in the chair.[/BCOLOR]

33bguuu.png

Naomi let out a short breath at Fox's words before she hopped down from the APC, a heavy thump signaling her arrival as she landed. 'That'd be a fairer deal if I weren't bulletproof' she thought to herself before approaching Godfather with the rest of the group. She folded her arms as she listened to find out what it was that'd made the mission worth the lives offered for it's success, raising her brow when her eyes set upon the images laid out before them. "All of that... for this?" she said, barely audible enough to be heard before Andre's anger spilled over the conversation.

Her brows knitted together, her head lightly shaking as she sighed, her brown hair sliding across her shoulders. She couldn't blame Andre for being angry, hell she was annoyed enough that she hadn't been called sooner for an operation critical to the succession of their cause. "I need a drink... " she said, letting out a frustrated exhale before she followed shortly after Andre, heading for the bar. Why it was that Naomi chose to drink was a common cause for questions whenever she was caught there, given that she had to consume an entire bottle of something vile just to feel it's effects.

Some speculated that she got bored, which honestly wasn't too far from the truth. Others speculated that it was a fruitless attempt at keeping hold of some form of normality despite what it was she'd become. No one really knew, well, no one who hadn't at least asked. Some of the regulars took one glance at what she called her 'resting bitch face' and decided it wasn't worth their life to burden her with their questions. In actual fact she probably wouldn't mind given that those who did know her already knew the answers because she didn't mind company from time to time.. "Something strong" she said as she took her seat at the bar, the bar hand looking over his shoulder as he cleaned a glass with a stained cloth.

The stool complained as she sat, warning her that an extended stay could have annoying consequences. "The usual torture?" the bar hands replied, receiving a small smile and a tip of her head in response. "Coming right up" he replied before placing down a slender bottle with what appeared to be the outline of a tarantula sinking it's fangs into the head of a snake. "I honestly don't know why you drink this stuff... I mean I know why, just think you could probably find something that doesn't double up as a paint stripper" the bar hand was a man named Daryl, he was a good man and among the few she could trust for sound advice. "It keeps me optimistic" Naomi replied simply.

She took up the bottle before pouring the red liquid into a glass over two cubes of ice, the liquid melting them partially with a crisp 'click' as the ice broke apart. "Well in that case I hate to see your choice in poison on a bad day.... " he noticed something wasn't quite right with the young Titan, causing him to stare at her for a moment before he tossed his cloth over his shoulder, leaning with one hand against the bar before continuing, "What's eaten ya' kid?" he asked in a tone conveying genuine worry. Naomi merely waved a hand, "Don't worry about it, same shit different day and all that" she replied, taking a small drink from the red liquid, clenching her jaw through it's bite before swallowing.

c1ivlJN.jpg
A finger pressed lightly to the side of an advanced helmet, belonging at one point to the advanced regiment, of Cleric Shock troopers. The man viewing the outside world through this helmet, watched as his view shifted from what would be considered normal, to something much farther away. The magnification on this model of helmet only went up to four times the normal limits of human visions. However it didn't make the whole ordeal any less disorienting, granted the man in question was certainly more used to it than most. Though in the dark of night, he couldn't see much from his rooftop perch, without a further amount of assistance from this helmet.

Once again a soft click could be heard, and the soldier's vision was flooded with green. Calmly he waited for the sensors to adjust, and calibrate to view everything properly in this form of vision. Once things were sorted out, he looked at the scene down below, viewing it all from a perch about three stories up. The mess of a major battle, bodies strewn about in Cleric armor, and FEARLESS uniforms. Though dead bodies weren't the only thing present. Cars, wrecked and strewn about. Piles of rubble, broken glass, and more from explosions, and bullets. The signs of a lost rocket launcher, and nearby, the dead body of the wielder. Obviously quite a massive man, perhaps the biggest soldier on the field. A grenade launcher abandon in the streets, with a belt of shells. Rifles from both sides strewn across the floor, some with nearby wielders that had fallen using them. Others that seemed to have been disregarded in the fight. Some possibly still loaded.

Bullet casings were perhaps the most common sight. They ranged in a variety of sizes, from the underwhelming .32 ACP, all the way up to the shells of 50.cal machine gun. Though the majority of those casings, seemed to be surrounding a fallen guard tower. A pile, telling a story, of a gunner who had been blasting into the crowded streets below to kill anyone hiding behind cover, and the vehicles. Before a massive soldier, with a launcher blasted him from his hole. Completely destroying his body, leaving only a collapsed tower to remember him by. A body riddled with holes, sitting near an abandon, and no longer running supply truck, told the tale of someone that had been used as a shield. The amount of gunshots in him, would be unbelievable under any other circumstance.

A small line of bodies were visible with the soldiers zoomed in helmet. He looked at them curiously. A sigh leaving his lips as her recognized more of the dead squad, due to their unique uniforms, and weapons. In particular, the dead NOAH, who seemed the most beat up before his failure. A scream permanently etched on his face, Netrunner would always be twisted like that. Screaming for help for an eternity, but receiving nothing but a cold shoulder.

Further the soldier examined the battlefield, noting the obvious routes of escape. A trail of bodies, with a variety of wounds. Ranging from bullets, blades, and even a brick that had shattered a helmet's visor clean open. Whoever had done that deed, was obviously quite enraged, perhaps it was the soldier with the rocket launcher down below. He seemed big and strong. Or perhaps it was one of the other ones that had escaped.

Whatever the case, the soldier could only analyze the battlefield for so long. A sigh leaving his lips, under his heavy helmet. He tapped the button to force his helmet to return to normal magnification, and looked around. It was the beginning of night fall, and finally he saw the convoy rolling in to clean this mess up. It was a small team, perhaps a single APC, with a few smaller, standard transports. A platoon size element at the largest. They were little more than soldiers really, just standard Clerics, with assault rifles, maybe even a light machine gun for every few squads worth of men. Expendable, they were considered expendable at best by New Ecclesia.

Pressing another button on his helmet, the soldier spoke to the command for this mission, just a single SERAPHIM that was considered his handler, "This is Crusader. What is my objective? What am I recovering?" He asked, before releasing the button, to allow the other person to respond to him. As he awaited his response, the soldier had begun to screw suppressors unto his two pistols. Securing them onto the weapons, before they returned to the holsters on his hip. Along with his pistols, his large, battle rifle, a SCAR-H, found a suppressor on its barrel. The magazine also being changed from Armor Piercing rounds, to subsonic ammunition.

Crusader soon received his orders, "Recover, the deceased NOAH Ji Yun, and Auratta. No need to let the enemy regain their genetic material, and the burial will help ease the pain of some." The soft voice of a female SERAPHIM explained, giving the man in the suit of armor his objective. It was meant to be a simple recovery mission. But the addition of clerics was going to complicate matters much, much further than intended.

So Crusader watched the New Ecclesian clerics come to a stop, just on the outskirts of the now silent battlefield. The majority began to dismount from their various vehicles. Already starting to spread out, to cover as much ground as possible. Which left them singled out, and easy targets. A small grin formed under Crusader's helmet, these bastards really did make his job too easy sometimes, when they spread out like this, he could just pick them off one by one, long before they could react. The only downside seemed to be he couldn't use explosives.

Granted, Crusader had a problem, a rather small one, but one he would inevitably have to deal with. The APC was still fully crewed, as the turret rotated in sweeping scans. The massive floodlight mostly betraying whatever hid in the alleyways, and the nooks and crannies of this part of the city. Homeless people scattered, the sound of groans, and feet pattering to get away from the bright, and intrusive light. Thankfully the massive light, wasn't able to extend far enough to hit the soldiers walking among the ruins of the battlefield. That was on purpose, mostly to give them the cover of night, and the advantage of only having to use a single flashlight, or if they were lucky their own night vision to sort things out.

Crusader took up a sprint, hopping to a building of nearly the same height. Using the sounds of the city to mask his approach. He had decided that the APC would be the first on his agenda of things to deal with. His hands caught onto a metal fire escape, his fairly muscular frame pulling himself, and his suit of armor up. Ascending the stairs as quickly as he could, he was once against atop another small three story building. A large sign, reading out as Cafe giving him some cover as he kept moving. It seemed nearly destroyed, beyond the basic shape of the letters. Though as he ran, one letter seemed ready to fall free, the bolts, and the metal frame creaking quite loudly. Alerting a few Clerics below to clear the area, and wait for the structure to settle.

Though his sprint ended quickly after he reached the other side of the cafe building. The armored soldier found a ladder, and descended as quickly as he could. Hoping once more to let the sounds of the night time city mask his descent. And so the man in the black suit of armor, took off down the sidewalk. hugging the shadows of the blacked out street. It seemed as though power had been entirely shut down on this block. Once more, likely on purpose to give the Clerics as many advantages against the lesser geared, and not exceptionally well trained RONIN of FEARLESS. Perhaps a smart idea, but also perhaps an idiotic one. Though with much of FEARLESS currently licking their wounds, and celebrating at the Afterlife, Crusader knew well that there would be no reason to expect an attack.

Crusader found himself darting to hide behind a nearby car. Catching his breath as he pressed himself as close to the ground as he possibly could. He held himself there, turning his helmet's night vision off just seconds before, a blinding light swept over his head. The man wasn't noticed, but it took him some time to adjust his eyes again. His helmet once more finding it's night vision turned on. Understanding his position, he was very close to the APC. Now he had to move slower, with a more methodical, and calculating pattern.

Each step now had to be thought out, with the smallest mistake risking blowing his cover. With a 30mm cannon in play, the man wasn't about to risk triggering any alarms. So each step was taken with grace. Moving between abandon vehicles, trashcans, mailboxes, and anything solid, and large enough to hide him from view. The sound of two New Ecclesian Clerics conversing finally picked up on his ears. Crusader didn't consider this terribly odd, lookouts, just guards meant to wait outside the APC for anything suspicious. They door to the APC was closed, and this whole operation seemed relaxed as anything as easy as a cleanup might be.

"This is bullshit John. We should be on leave right now, enjoying drinks, and pussy at some bar in the high end part of town! And instead our whole team gets sent out on this bullshit? Come on, we're an APC crew, they have like, a thousand other guys that do this job!" One of the pair bitched, rambling on about how much of a pain this job was. How little gratification it gave, and how the pay was just barely above that of a normal Cleric.

The other shrugged in the darkness, lazily pulling his helmet off, and getting a cigarette out with his other hand. His rifle was leaned up against the APC, not ready for use at all. leaving him entirely exposed, "Yeah man, this is stupid. But we're getting paid overtime, so quit whining. Anyway, Lance, I'm gonna go get someone from inside to trade me places. I've been standing all day." The other guard explained as he laid his hand against the release button on the back door.

Crusader saw his chance now. The rebel quickly raised his rifle, as the door began to open. The heavy hydraulics hissing, as the door lowered itself slowly, so as to avoid unnecessary stress, and damage. The noise itself was appreciated, as he snapped onto the Cleric without a helmet. Blasting him with a single, suppressed shot of his SCAR-H. Brains, and skull splattering across the back door, as it opened. The man quickly altered targets, looking at the dumbfounded Cleric, that fumbled with his rifle. Two shots, and he fell to the ground as well, lifeless, his rifle clattering just before the door finished opening.

His suppressed rifle wasn't absolutely silent, but with the additional noise nothing would seem that out of place, with that in mind Crusader jogged forward, and started to ascend the ramp into the small APC. The sound of another soldier calling out to him, "Yeah, yeah John, I know. It's my turn...let me get out of the gunners seat-Who the hell are you? Shock troopers aren't on this mission I thought." The surprised soldier said, as he pulled himself out of the gunner's seat.

Crusader grinned, as he gave the soldier just long enough to realize how much nonstandard equipment he had on his body. "Oh dear me, we're not on this mission. But FEARLESS is sweetheart. I'm Alexander, pleasure to meet you...put that gun down...oh you're not listening." He grinned, as he lunged forward, tossing his rifle aside, and pulling out Invictus. His foot having kicked the button to the close the door before he ran at the APC crewman. This was now a killing box, and for Crusader it was his personal playground. The roar of Invictus in such a tight space was almost deafening. The addition of gunfire, didn't make things any quieter either. Bullets ricocheted off his armor, they were much too low caliber to have any effect on the shock trooper armor.

Though as the slaughter began, Alexander found himself quite happy he did have some hearing protection built inside of his helmet. Especially when his roaring chainsword found purchase in the first soldier, cutting diagonally in, from shoulder to the middle of his waist, spraying his blood across the cabin, among other things onto the two panicking soldiers up front. The screaming as well was brutal, the sound someone made when they were being cut from the shoulder, down was truly horrific. The soldiers up front tried to fumble for the radio to call for help. However A suppressed pistol shot ended the driver who valiantly made the attempt, Crusader was quick with his weapons at this point, years of training having done that to him. The other man, who was fumbling for a gun, quickly found out the hard way Invictus could tear through seats, and the blade grabbed hold of him. The roaring chainsaw sword tore a hole through his spine, and out his chest. Leaving his heart little more than a mess of pulp, and his lungs splattered onto the controls. Bones even found themselves displaced from his torso, the brute force of such a weapon, having sent a few chunks of ribs around the cabin.

"APC check in." Came a voice over the radio. Crusader didn't hesitate to settle his chainsword down. Letting the blade come to a stop, before he reached for the radio. Sheathing the terrifying weapon on his back where it belonged, the man picked up the radio, and clicked it on. His free hand wiping the blood off of his visor.

"This is Lance. All clear over here. APC has found nothing, over." Alexander remarked over the radio, using one of the soldiers names to keep things sounding real, shortly after he received confirmation from the ground team. Withdrawing from the cabin, the door opened with another hiss. Grabbing up one of the crewman's uniforms from outside, Alexander used the cloth to wipe his helmet fully clean, along with as much of his torso, and arms as he could manage. Certainly he couldn't clean everything off, but whatever he could get off would be beneficial.

After this mess he had left the APC a mess, a box of blood, gore, and a handful of bullet casings. The bullets he had left before a reload were marked on his HUD on the inside of his helmet. Seventeen in the magazine of his SCAR-H, and fourteen in one of his pistols. All things considered it would be plenty if he didn't waste too many by taking extra shots. Most kills should have been completed in a single round, wasting two on just one guard seemed silly to him. Luckily his little side track to slaughter the APC crew hadn't drawn any attention. That was perhaps the best thing about having enclosed spaced. They absorbed sound so well, the outside world barely even knew anything had changed.

Granted it was more than likely soon, the APC would be called on again, and no response would be given. Alexander could only hope the guards would pass it off as a lazy crew. Brewing more aggravation among some soldiers, to put them off their guard further. Something to help them lose focus, so he could freely move about and complete his task at his own pace. The rifle in Crusader's hand seemed plenty ready for another kill, as he crept back into the shadows. Now it was a simple game of singling out soldiers, and finding his objective. With a tap of his helmet, his night vision was once more turned on, and his game of hunter against prey had resumed.

Quietly as he could manage, Alexander crept back to the area the clerics were sweeping. He had a good lead on where Ji Yun might be. Inside the base, dead near several other RONIN. He wouldn't be too hard to find due to his odd choices in attire, and the fact he used Yo-yo's as a weapon. So really finding his body, while a sad task, was one that would be very easy.

Approaching the back of the pack, soldiers were spread about this area like rats. Picking through the rubble, pushing dead bodies over to identify them and occasionally taking things they decided were worth anything of value. But the problem with this scavenger mentality, and looking for survivors, meant this platoon was at the closest, still twenty to thirty feet apart. An open field, that seemed almost an entire collection of weak links separated from their packs. He was like a lion, among gazelles, able to strike quietly, without much repercussion.

A knife found its way out of one of the many sheaths on his body, along with a pistol. Crusader knew quite well he could easily disable most soldiers with a shot to the neck, or a blade rammed there as well. That was perhaps the greatest weakness of cleric armor, beyond firing excessively powerful rounds at the soldiers helmets, or body. In the dark of night, with his vision shaded green, enemies marked in seconds by his helmets Identify Foe system. The first soldier in his vision was only fifteen feet away, pushing the body of the rocket launcher wielding soldier. "Big bastard...blew up the tower didn't you rebel scum? How'd that wo-" The guard's rambling was cut short, as a blade was rammed through the back of his neck, and all the way out the front. Blood spurted freely, and the blade twisted slightly, before being removed. In seconds he would bleed out, or drown from the blood filling his lungs. It was quite a quiet way to die.

Crusader as per the normal procedure he chose to abide by, was gentle in setting the body the down, laying it to rest near a parked car. Before moving on he grabbed the launcher, and the few shells for it, slinging them over his back. It was extra weight, but it was also an invaluable weapon to FEARLESS. They didn't have many things this powerful, so any sort of explosive, especially something that could be launched, was graciously accepted. Granted it wasn't his primary mission.

Moving forward, Alexander chose to cut a path to Ji Yun. A vengeance filled path of anger, to avenge the lives of all the fallen soldiers of FEARLESS here today. He settled on only using his knife, and a single pistol for now. He stalked upon his next prey. Two guards, twenty feet apart, but talking to one another. Once more Crusader pounced. His knife buried itself into the front of a soldier's throat, who had turned to face him just as he took off bounding. The blade wasn't pulled back, but rather sliced downward, and out to the left. Cutting clean through flesh and muscle. The head of the soldier lazily lolling off to one side, held only by blood, and half a neck worth of flesh and sinew.

Collapsing to the ground, Alexander quickly took aim with his pistol, before the other soldier could scream for help. And blasted two rounds into his neck with his pistol. The round caught the Cleric's words right in his throat. As he collapsed, grasping as his neck, and writing around. Crusader came over, and kicked the soldier's helmet off with a black leather boot, before tapping on the trigger of his pistol two more times. The rounds putting a clean pair of holes in the cleric's skull, finishing the job quickly and cleanly.

Once more, the Ronin was stalking his way to the body of Ji Yun. Now having switched back to his SCAR-H. Deciding perhaps it would be better to rely on firepower, over a small window of opportunity to shoot the Clerics. Certainly the rifle was more risk due to the sound, but the subsonic ammunition would hopefully be quiet enough to not draw too much attention. After all, this was a clean up team, their job was to put down survivors, from both sides that couldn't be saved by medical treatment.

Crusader began to pick of soldiers in his way from ten to twenty yards away at most. His rifle ripping through helmets with relative ease, as he was aware the helmets didn't have nearly as much protection as the body armor. The Ronin continued his slaughter, albeit more relaxed, as ten more rounds were used to drop a handful of clerics. Sending shards of the visors, the soldiers skulls, brains, and any other part of their head onto the ground. The soft crunch of bone, and glass under Crusader's feet as he walked by, making sure each soldier he shot, was absolutely beyond a doubt dead.

Crusader soon worked his way to the body of Netrunner, young Ji Yun. He was pummeled by a Paladin from what the stories said. The young Ronin picked the NOAH up, and carried him away. The slaughter that had ensued here tonight was plenty of extra payback. Alexander had at least another fifteen tally marks to add to his armor. Though he had stopped counting after that. He returned to the APC, setting Ji Yun's body down in a seat, and strapping it in. The Rocket Launcher also was left there next to him.

Taking care in the work, he patiently ripped out any sort of tracking devices, and began to remove the dead bodies of the clerics he had slaughtered early on. Planning to use his vehicle as a safe way to transport his two targets. Plus an APC was always a welcomed addition to FEARLESS, more firepower, meant they could actually do more damage on missions, and since the vehicle had little to no cost of FEARLESS lives, or resources, it was well worth it.

Tossing the first two halves of a body out the back, the upper torso, and the legs landed with a thud. The APC driver that was shot clean through the skull came next, much heavier, he was set down on the ground. Finally Alexander got rid of the man he had rammed a chainsword through. Ignoring his own brutal work, he left the man on the ground among his dead comrades. Five minutes wasted, but that wasn't important. Alexander had completed an extra, unwanted, but obviously needed objective. Besides, twenty, to thirty soldiers couldn't hope to get into their vehicles, and actively pursue an APC in time. Especially not if the APC totaled them with weight alone.

Wasting a bit more time, Alexander used the medical kits in the APC to try and clean everything up. Mostly wiping blood off the windows and controls with lumps of bandages he had. Before he tossed everything aside, and got behind the wheel of the APC. The engine roared to life again, the sound of the radio receiving multiple transmissions was rather amusing as well. Asking why the APC was turned on, worrying about an attack, and many other complaints lobbed from the surviving soldiers. Crusader couldn't care really, as he turned the Armored personnel carrier around, and started driving.

On the way, he made sure to use the suspension to climb over, and crush several small transports. And stopped to ram over a large truck with engine power and weight. Tipping the beast over, with a satisfying crash. With that in mind, Alexander then sped off to his next objective. Auratta's body, a shame they had lost both NOAH today. They were the resistance's trump card, a way to win against impossible odds. Shame they mostly were squishy, and died easily like humans. Sadly Alexander was now working against a clock, it was obvious the situation was going to be reported. Luckily for him, he did have a radio to listen in to the chatter, and calculate his behavior, movements, and so on.

Always cold and calculating, Alexander smiled as he pulled up the next warzone...a parking garage. This entire place was truly a mess. Though what that meant wasn't entirely important, as he knew where he needed to be. The APC drove to the same floor that possessed the body of Auratta, before stopping, the engine was left running though, this was going to be much quicker than Ji Yun's recovery.

Mostly because a cleanup team hadn't been sent here yet, more than likely the team he had acquired this now blood splattered APC from, was supposed to finish at the ruined base, and then come here. "Guess they won't be doing that tonight. I'm the recovery and clean up team now." Crusader muttered to himself with a chuckle, as he jogged toward the body of Auratta. Ignoring the wounds, she'd faced the wrath of an assassin...just like himself, cruel, but able to extinguish life with precision.

Grunting, the body was tossed over his shoulder, and carried to the APC, before being set down in a seat across from Ji Yun, and strapped in tight. The gas pedal was pressed to the floor, and flew off into the night, leaving the parking garage behind, as it drove about.

Choosing to waste around an hour or so, Alexander simply was making his trail nearly impossible to follow, as he was instructed to do. Before he finally broke radio silence with his handler, as he so called her, "Package secured. Inform the garage I brought a third APC, this one isn't damaged...aside from blood everywhere, and the passenger seat is ripped to hell."

"What the hell did you do...to splatter the inside? You didn't use that stupid sword did you?"

"Well about that...I did. Long story, someone got split down the middle, and other was rammed through the spine. I got caught in the moment, you know how that is, right?" Alexander asked, chuckling to himself as he heard the woman on the end gag with disgust, at the brutal imagery he had described. In his book injury and maiming wasn't allowed...however brutal, and wanton slaughter was fine. Certainly an odd standard, but one many grew to respect, especially since he was so good at it.

The vehicle pulled up to the garage door, and was ushered in. Alexander picked up the two bodies, the two NOAH being quite light, and small...especially in death, with missing parts, and plenty of blood having disappeared. The soldier toted them to the area where they would be cleaned up, and prepared for a ceremony to honor their death. It was a Morale move by command, something to help everyone mourn, since most every other body was nearly impossible to recover by appearance.

Alexander left the blood soaked APC to the mechanics to clean up. Toting the rocket launcher on his back once more, the soldier entered the armory down the hall. Setting the launcher aside where it belonged, with the shells. He didn't know who it had belonged to before, beyond that person being a giant of a man, who died holding it. So to him it meant very little, beyond another tool for killing. Yet the man assumed perhaps one person would know who it belonged to, and would take great joy in seeing it returned, or perhaps great anger.

Leaving the armory now, Alexander took his helmet off, and returned to his part of the barracks further down the hall. The heavy armor fell with loud thuds as it hit the ground, the steel rattling, and even bouncing a bit, as it was all taken off. Before being carefully organized into the massive case that held each piece. The body suit came off next, the skin tight material being peeled off his sweating flesh, the tense nature of combat always left the body running on adrenaline and excitement.

A towel was wrapped around his waist, and over one of his arms, the a rather nice looking gray suit, with a red tie, and a white button up shirt. Along with a clean set of black shoes that were held in his other. Alexander decided it best to clean up before he went to his job as a bartender. Unlike other members of FEARLESS, he didn't feel he had earned the time to sit and bathe in a tub. Instead he let himself stand under a hot shower, for a few minutes.

Drying off only about ten minutes later, the bartender now fixed his hair, and donned his other suit. A formal suit, with a currently silver cross on the right half of his chest. Glasses were put over his eyes, they weren't corrective, rather just for show and style. From soldier to the bartender of the Afterlife in less than twenty minutes. A routine that Alexander was so used to, it barely phased him, as he finished brushing his hair. Smiling a bit as he looked at the image, someone who only minutes earlier was covered in a suit with blood and metal. A glowing red triangle the only sign that he was even alive.

Tonight was the night for Alexander to help cheer up the many mourning soldiers of FEARLESS...and it was also a night for him to bring out his own special project. The young man grabbed his laptop after he finished getting dressed, and a small disc, that would project an image. He hurriedly rushed to the bar, and happily perched himself up in his usual spot, smiling at the customers...all soldiers like himself.

Opening the laptop, and connecting the disc, the man pressed a few keys, and clicked on a program. While it booted up, the program itself quite complex and taking forever to load, Alexander began taking orders. Happily mixing anything asked of him, or just pouring out whatever brand of beer was demanded. This was perhaps his favorite part of the evening, serving his friends, bringing them joy, or just easing the sorrow. It was more rewarding than one could imagine.

With a soft beep, the computer finished booting up the program. A small image, blue in color, appeared. A young girl in a dress, sleepily rubbing her eyes. The young bartender smiled, and waved to her. This was among her very few outings, but it was meant to help the program develop a personality, by learning from other people in the bar. Alexander carefully picked up the disk, and set it on the top of the bar. He smiled as the program seemed to go wide eyed at all the activity. "Don't worry, just watch and learn. You can talk if you like too...just don't work too hard, alright?" Alexander asked, receiving a nod from the small projection of the girl. He could only hope this outing would at least make her more talkative, and less shy. He needed something reliable, if he was going to replace his current, silent, and very basic A.I within his helmet. "And try not to learn any swear words. These folks have had a long day, so what they say is from being tired, it's not normal behavior."

With that out of the way, Alexander smiled, awaiting his next order. Adjusting his red tie a little bit. Occasionally pointing to certain groups of people, or directing attention toward certain conversations. If he wasn't mixing a drink, or cleaning a glass. He was directing his young, very new Artificial Intelligence toward whatever he deemed worth paying more attention to. Plus it helped to keep her up and running for longer, before she got tired and decided to shut down. The bartender was always told to be careful with the A.I by the Seraphim scientists. However he got permission to take her out, of her usual controlled test environment for the first time ever! Alexander had been looking forward to this all day, even during his brutal outing, he was still considering how the evening with A.I would go for the first time.​

NHP4Ihq.png

jnTmPYw.jpg

"Well… Guess I should've expected this…" Jake commented to himself as he came upon the two unconscious women at a bar table. With the day pretty much all the deployed teams had, it was likely more of a surprise that there weren't more people chugging down drink until they managed to pass out. Typically, the medic didn't have such issues due to his detachment from his line of work and from most emotion in general. Though, he did understand the impact taken by those more emotional than he was, which wasn't all that hard to be.

Glancing down at the two slumbering women, Jake recognized the other as the girl obsessed with her bike. He didn't really know of what went on with the other deployment teams, but from what he heard they were all pretty equally fucked over. Letting out a sigh, the young seraph starts tapping Erja on the head. "You know… if you're gonna pass out, do it in your fuckin' beds at least…" He lazily lectured, though it was doubtful that either of them could hear him. Even if the ronin did wake up from his prodding, RIP was now in his casual clothing, meaning no mask or gear so it was likely that the sniper wouldn't even recognize him.

~~~

Deep in alcohol induced sleep, Erja mumbles and mutters, whatever it was she was dreaming likely wasn't all that peaceful. "Uhhh.." Feeling something prodding her head, the Sniper seems to suddenly come to, turning to the source of the problem, and in a barely conscious state, Erja wobbles slightly, before her red eyes shoot open, with an angry gaze, and her lips parted slightly to show clenched white teeth, she reaches with speed using her left hand, grabbing Jake by his shirt, as her right rears back into a fist, eyes still focusing.

"Huh..who the fuck are you...wait those eyes...what…" Still a bit confused her facial appearance seemingly goes back to its blank slate, as if waiting for an answer.

~~~

For the first time, the deadpanned Jake seems to show a bit of surprise at the sniper's actions, however makes no attempt to evade or struggle. Either he didn't care, didn't believe she'd go through with decking him or his reflexes were simply shit. Regardless, once the ronin took a pause, Jake's smartass attitude returned, as did his devil may care expression. "You really like your beauty sleep, huh?"

Tapping the hand that gripped his collar a few times. "Birdman. I snapped your ankle back. I too handsome for you to process after just waking up or something?"

~~~

Releasing her grip, Erja stares at the younger male for a bit of time steadying her gaze.

"Jake..R.I.P…huh.." Staring up at him and letting out a bit of a groan, she looks across the table to See Tia fast asleep. "...least get me some water if you're waking me up.." Looking down at the bottle, she had drank far more than she expected, but her memory was intact of the events prior. "Let her sleep, she's still young.. Ugh.. My head hurts..What do you want? Lucky I'm not seeing double.." Grabbing her instrument with her left hand, and her forehead in her right, the White Death seems a little under the weather.

~~~

"You're not a very good drunk are you?" With a sigh as he was released, Jake straightened his shirt. "I was gonna check on you, but if you can deck someone you're probably fine." Looking at the empty bottles and unconscious Noah, the medic scoffed. Even if he wanted to wake her up, it was unlikely he could. With the table rattled due to the sniper's "self-defense" not stirring the girl, there wasn't anything he could do short of dumping water on her that would rouse her. "Yeah, not sure I could wake her. You two should use your beds though if you want to sleep."

Sighing, he supposed he should check on that Faceless person, wherever the hell they were. Aside from that, there wasn't much for him to do. Technically, he didn't even have to check on anyone once they reached home base, unless the doctor was that flooded and needed help. "Regardless… how's your leg feel? You and that gas mask are lucky getting out of there with menial injuries."

~~~

"It hurts..well not as bad..but still..and yeah yeah, I'll go to bed. Ugh.." Holding her head, the woman stands to her feet, nearly toppling over, grabbing her mask, she manages to secure it on the third attempt, wobbling a bit on her feet and looking a bit flushed and pale the sniper uneasily makes her way from the table, grabbing her instrument.

~~~~

Watching the drunk woman, it was slightly amusing to watch her fail to equip her mask several times. "Well, it was just a dislocation. If it hurts less, should be fine. Just get some rest and sober up, less you want people laughing at you miss Death." The irony of someone with such an edgy callsign stumbling like a drunkard wasn't lost on him. "And… uh… You might want to change your clothes. I mean, unless you're fine flashing your… erm... equipment." The sniper was still wearing her torn apparel from the mission, and while her cloak mostly hid the opening, with her stumbling and falling it was visible at moments and angles.

~~~~

Turning to face the medic she pauses briefly, staring him in the eye with a glare for his last suggestion, though with a huff, her expression softens slightly. Leaving her vodka bottle behind, she gives a simple head nod. "Thank you...maybe will meet again..yeah?" Turning back towards the accease for the lower levels, Erja uses the way as support, finding her way to the general bedding, claiming an unused bunk for herself, staying there just for tonight should not be a problem, then she would need to replace her lost gear, and maybe head for her own place of residence.

~~~~

"...I don't think you should want to have to see a medic ever, let alone a second time. But yeah, whatever. It's my job." With a sigh, he watched her stumble off. She'd be fine making it to her room, probably. For now, it was his turn to get a drink, though he didn't have any intention of getting wasted like those two had.

64dGx3a.jpg

33bguuu.png

FEARLESS OMAKE #4
Parallel Lines

The sun had not yet risen as a quiet melody wafted through the empty pub, a cheap piano plinking out a timid tune. The digital clock read 6:15, and after a late night spent merrily drinking away their sorrows, most were still in bed, wrestling with their heads. He should be safe in such a situation then.

Slim fingers tiptoed over beige keys as Arata allowed himself to be consumed by flowing arpeggios.

He should still be alone.

While indeed most had taken to getting as much sleep as they could, there was another whom had awoken early, much to her own surprise after having consumed enough alcohol to incapacitate a bear. Truth be told it was in no small part due to the nightmares that plagued her nightly, causing her to wake early and take some time distracting herself with a morning routine of hitting a punching bag and listening to some music from time to time. Every morning usually went the same way, except it seemed this morning would be different. As her fists worked the bag, she paused, her brow furrowing as she turned to listen out for something... something which sounded like... no it couldn't be. Naomi placed a hand on the bag to slow it's swing before exiting the gym room adjacent to Afterlife.

As she walked it became increasingly louder, a tone.. or a note of sorts from a piano. It was rare that someone would be up this early but curiosity appeared to have gotten the best of her as she traveled the halls closer to where it were coming from, stopping in the door as her eyes fell upon the young NOAH demonstrating his affection for the instrument.

She watched for a moment with her arms folded, leaning against the doorway allowing him a few more moments alone with himself before she eventually spoke. "That's quite a talent you have there, I had no idea" she said, a small casual smile accompanying her features.

In an instant, his reverie was broken by the presence of another, the melody abruptly ending as his eyes flickered about the room. Stingray? Backstab? Oh, god, Chaos Witch? His heart pounded until he found the source of that voice.

Titan.

The brunette who could smile after taking a tank shell to the face. The NOAH that he swore was pounding down drinks like a globe-trotter in an oasis. Why was SHE awake? Had she actually been drinking water the whole time? He narrowed his eyes, trying to recall what the label on that transparent bottle was, but nothing came up, and eventually, he just…

...nodded.

She was probably being nice.

"Sorry for waking you up," he said, moving to close the lid over the keys.

As he turned to face her the neural enhancement began to go to work, feeding back to her strings of visual information based on his appearance. Of course it was all estimations mostly but never the less intriguing given the young boys outward appearance, and the lack of care that went with it.

He was pale, perhaps more pale than most she'd taken note of around here. His hair and his eyes were very dark, which only contributed to his paleness. The tone carried in his few choice words gave a sense of... something, it was too early to really tell more about the boy above appearances without spending additional time attempting to figure him out. It appeared as though there was something else though, lingering far beyond the dark eyes that almost seemed like a barrier against the outside and whatever it was that lay within.

Naomi noticed him move to close the piano and slowly shook her head, "I was already awake. Sleep isn't so kind to me anymore... " she said, her tone remaining casual. "But please, don't stop on my account. If it's solitude you're after I can leave you in peace" she said, pushing from the doorway as she stood straighter, unfolding her arms.

Sleep, huh? For a brief moment, Arata wondered if she could empathize with him and the lack of sleep that both of them got. No, he was reading too much into it. This was normal, wasn't it, for people to prefer consciousness to unconsciousness. If they couldn't rouse themselves in the presence of danger, then, as rebels, they would have much too short of a life.

There was nothing special. There was nothing to form a connection with.

And yet, that question of hers gave him pause regardless.

Was he after solitude?

If he was, he could have left the rooftop immediately when Aresia appeared, right?

But when he did make those feeble attempts at communication, didn't it fail miserably? She probably hated him. Probably planned on slowly poisoning him to death through repeated 'gifts' of food. Probably threw up his hot chocolate after leaving the rooftop.

Maybe Naomi was different? Was he that much of an optimist?

His eyes narrowed slightly, mouth twisting into a minuscule grimace.

So indecisive.

"This isn't worth listening to," he said, before placing fingers on the keys once more. Hesitantly, like tip toeing the surface of a hot spring, he tapped away unsteadily. It was nerve-wracking, his heart in his throat, each mistake leading to another as he fumbled along.

Naomi watched him resume with the piano, albeit much more hesitantly than before. It didn't take much intelligence to figure that he was nervous, likely over thinking on account of the surprise audience he'd received with her presence. She felt some what guilty in that moment, like she'd possibly disturbed someone who wished only to be left alone, yet she felt that it was an opportunity to perhaps part with him some words which had once been passed onto her when she needed them most. "Talent... when under siege by the criticisms of others, falters and fades from it's beauty" she waited a moment for that to sink in before continuing as she stepped closer, "The key is realizing that while others might try to cast shadows over what you've made, it is within yourself to keep it beautiful, to keep it shining despite them" she finished before gently taking a seat from one of the vacant tables, placing it down before settling into it.

"Pretend just if for a moment, that I never existed. Look within the part of you that creates your music, your muse. Focus on that and proceed as if only you and your music fill your world" she tilted her head as her teal eyes watched him, her dark hair sliding from her shoulder as she fell quiet. Whether or not he understood her words entirely, the message was clear enough. The power was within him to rise beyond the doubt, beyond the anxiety of criticism and paint the world with the music that expelled from his mortal core.

Those were nice words. Arata could understand that. He could even figure out what she more or less was talking about. Ignore what he thought others though. Pretend that he was alone. Immerse himself in his own abilities.

But Naomi didn't understand.

It wasn't the world that cast shadows upon him. It wasn't others who cast shadows upon him. He wasn't comparing his talents to some other genius pianist. He was simply...comparing it to himself.

Who was the enemy here?

The shadow of his strongest self.

But it wouldn't be kind to reject those words of hers. She wouldn't understand his personal plight anyways. After all, wasn't it horrendously arrogant, thinking that he was 'cursed' with great talent? Isn't that utterly despicable? He would totally, absolutely, immediately understand that anyone would hate him for revealing such a mindset.

So he continued to play falteringly, drowning in a whole other world.

Amidst the bumbling notes, Arata said, "Thank you."

But you're wrong.

Naomi didn't respond as she watched his hands move over the piano, listening as the notes continued to play to the mostly vacant room. She looked at her hands, instruments that'd been conditioned to destroy wondering if they'd ever be able to create, to be something other than weapons. She gave a soft exhale before deciding to distract herself by pushing her attention back onto Arata with another question. "So uh... we haven't really spoken much before" she looked thoughtful for a moment, pushing back a part of her dark hair before continuing, "And I sort of promised Goblin I'd make more of an effort to... socialize" she looked away for a moment, feeling a bit like a kid at their first day of school trying to get adjusted socially, the awkwardness setting in. She took in a breath before asking a simple question, "How're you holding up?"

The notes died once more. Ugh, he really should just stop, shouldn't he? With a sigh, Arata closed the lid on the piano, allowing his fingers to rest on the cool, lacquered wood. Naomi was speaking up again, and upon hearing that question of hers, his jaw tightened, ever so slightly.

Open-ended questions. He hated those. Holding up? Asking about how he was doing? What answer did she even want from that? Did she want to truth? Or did she just want a safe response like 'fine'? Arata gnawed the inside of his mouth. Just pretend everything is normal. Just smile and respond.

The inkstone boy made a half-smile and said, "Fine. You?"

Naomi gave a single nod. She wasn't entirely convinced, but then again Arata wasn't known for his impeccable acting skills. She merely gave a shrug in response, "Still here, for now" she replied, responding casually with a small smile. Placing her hands on her legs she pushed up from the chair and stretched her back, looking down at the somber teen. "Well.. I'll leave you in peace. If you need anything... " she wasn't quite sure what to say, lifting her hand as if trying to find the words before shaking her head, "Don't hesitate" There it was, she'd done something nice and extended a hand... a normal hand, this time.

Naomi turned and made her way back towards the garage where the APC's were held. It was where one would usually find her, swinging at the punching bag or fixing something up. She liked it there, calling many to question why. Maybe the noise was just enough to drown the past, maybe she just liked the company of metal. Either way, it'd become her residence for the time being.

Arata watched her leave, hands clenched tight.

Was it genuine? Was it a lie?

Why couldn't he stop questioning everything and just take that hand?

What was he so afraid of?

c1ivlJN.jpg
The previous evening had been a busy one at the Afterlife, one that symbolized the suffering of so many lives. The mourning of friends, the guilt of survivors, and the suffering of the entire city. Alexander of course was stuck with a full view of everything...and little to everyone's knowledge, he was responsible for the equipment, and body recovery the previous evening. He was little more than a dot on most people's radar. The friendly bartender, that only seemed to disappear from time to time, to serve his duty. Not many were ever made aware of the special, at times single soldier nature he possessed.

Due to the chaos of the previous evening, the young soldier didn't have time to clean or fix any of his equipment. By the time he made it back to his barracks, the whole room reeked of death...blood, the scents that made his bunk mates aware he had been out the previous evening. Though the smell also came from all the uniforms, of the wounded who were trying to rest off their wounds. One stood out, being the reliable old man. He was a white haired giant, how he had endured the wounds he had, was perhaps the most amazing feat of yesterday. A miracle that Sarge had survived, perhaps it would serve as a morale boost, to show how invincible some soldiers of FEARLESS were.

Yet that wasn't Alexander's concern as he changed into a tank top, and jeans, along with his combat boots. His suit was folded and placed on his bed. His hands locked onto the handle of his personal weapons, and armor case. He dragged the heavy box across the stone, the wheels on the bottom making little noise beyond dragging across the floor. The weight of his case always seemed to match the weight of Alexander's sins, he was a cold blooded killer, one that brought just as much suffering to the Clerics, as they did to him and his friends. Unlike certain members of FEARLESS, he could look past his hatred of the Clerics at times, to understand they were still humans. People with family, friends, and lovers. They were usually left as little more than a body, brutally cut to shreds by Alexander's many weapons. It was one of the few things that reminded Alexander just how disgusting he really was as a killer. Yet all at once, the Crusader in the back of his mind just laughed it away, as a necessary evil.

So the case was dragged through the halls, all the way to the garage. For just a moment the soldier ignored the girl in the room, who was practicing with a few a punching bags. It was the early morning, and he didn't wish to disturb her with his own work. Alexander opened the case with a soft sigh, as the latches clicked open. The scent of dried blood, and gore hit him. Though he didn't gag, or flinch, rather he took a deep inhale. Breathing in the scent of his sins, his horrible crimes against humanity. That he mentally deemed acceptable to bring peace and joy to the world in the future. The lid felt almost a few thousand pounds heavy to Alexander as he lifted it up, and the case made of hard plastic hit the ground, the lid bouncing a bit, before settling down completely.

Pulling out his helmet first, he laid it on the ground. It was splattered with blood in several places, even a bit on the massive Visor. Though no where, where it would impact his vision. Next came the breastplate...it was red, plainly so. One could barely tell it was once steel, as the blood clung to the metal, refusing to let go. Just like how FEARLESS clung to hope, when no one else would. Soon the back plate came out, mostly clean, aside from a bit of blood that clung to it, from the seat Alexander had used in the APC. The shoulder plates, and the arms were perhaps the worst, even the hand plates were covered in gore. Bits of metal, bone, organs, and blood stuck to those parts the most clearly, it was a disgusting sight, one that symbolized the horror the man could inflict.

Now came Alexander's weapons. The firearms weren't too bad, just some splatter from his few close range encounters. However as he laid out his knives, two were little more than red with a hint of silver gleaming through. And finally Invictus was laid on the ground. A pinnacle of brutality, the blade was coated red everywhere. The lovely inscription, the golden eagle's head, the teeth of the sword, the thick body sprayed with gore. Not just blood, but once living tissue. Bits of a man's heart, his lungs were glued to the blade. Another man's bones from his shoulder, and his intestines were clung to it.

Cruel, brutal, and yet so effective. The soldier couldn't dislike his work too much, only the fact it took so long to clean it all. Alexander took out several clean rags, and went over to fill up a bucket with water. He passed Naomi, giving a small wave as he carried an empty bucket in one hand. Returning a minute or so later, the soldier stopped, to chat for a second, "I apologize about the smell Naomi...I hope it doesn't bother you too much. Granted knowing you, I'm sure you aren't too unused to the scent that surrounds our profession." The ronin said with a soft chuckle. Certainly the amount of killing he did took a mental toll on him from time to time. No human that could still consider themselves sane, would be able to endure as much death as he had, and not stop to ponder it all.

Sitting down next to his gear, Alexander began to wet a rag, picking up Invictus he looked over the entire blade, and began his job with wiping clean the eagle's head, "What has you up so early Naomi?" Alexander began to probe, as his hands started to work the cloth into every nook, and crevice that covered the intricate design of the golden eagle's head. Wiping the gore that stuck to it, out onto the ground, bits of bone, and flesh falling onto the concrete. The head had pierced clean through a seat, and a person, so even small bits of cushioning soaked with blood landed on the concrete.

Soon enough the head of the eagle was freed from the choking grasp of the blood and gore that tried to strangle it with guilt, and remorse. Returned once more to a figure head of glory. now came the metal casing, it was easier to clean than the teeth, however it comprised a large majority of the weight, and bulk of Invictus. So the wet cloth ran over the length in broad strokes. Wiping clean the blood from the metal inscription, that seemed to be painted as a beautiful scroll of parchment, rolled out to read Invictus on both sides of the chainsword. Blood was pushed off and away, just as how Alexander tried to push his sins away, and out of his life. "Call me curious I guess...I'm usually alone here in the mornings. To clean my equipment. It's new to have someone to divulge my complaints, and sins too. On a side note...next time you need to drink, warn me in advance. I've got to put in several orders to account just for your antics, you drunk." The man teased, laughing a bit more cheerfully, as he cleaned even more blood off his prized blade.​

jnTmPYw.jpg

GVTuY41.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Fearless Omake #??[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]NICE THINGS ON SALE STRANGA![/BCOLOR]
[spoili]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Waking up the next morning, Erja fortunately doesn't have much of a headache, fixing her cloak, there was still the issue of her torn shirt, missing weapons, missing plate, and of course that monster she ran into.. Fearless was beginning to be a little too expensive. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ugh.. I'm not being paid enough for this.." Stating the obvious of her situation, Erja get's to her feet, making sure her mask is secured, she sets about quietly asking around the base where she could get a replacement shirt. Running into a Mechanic that was a little taller than her and with a slightly smaller bust, she quietly asks about borrowing a shirt, to which the woman agrees, explaining that she keeps her shirts to air out in the back corner of the garage.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Venturing the side passages Erja notices a number of vehicles being worked on, or at least soon to be, tools scattered about, oil slicks, and near the black T-shirts, Tia, passed out, or maybe asleep on her bike from the looks of it. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"..how did she end up here..and why.." More than a little weirded out by this Erja takes the long way round, bypassing Tia, using a pulled engine as cover, the Sniper pulls off her cloak, fingering the fabric of her shirt, a tear was right down the center, only held together at the neck, her equipment as the medic would have put it in full view, and bigger than one might expect. Turning slightly red, the sniper hurriedly snatches one of the shirts from the line, pulling her own off and it on, the cloak is soon to follow. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hurriedly Erja decides to make her way from the airing shirts, half wondering if the mechanic also changed down here, absent mindedly bumping into a pile of tools left at a workstation, spilling to the ground with a series of clattering and bangs, Erja is caught by surprised, nearly backing up into Tia and her bike.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]~~~[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A slumbering body lazily hung over the Blackbird, her face, body, and legs all equally smeared with oil from what was likely a fruitless attempt at polishing the thing whilst drunk. Dressed in casuals, and gently mumbling something to herself, one of Tia's hanging arms seemed to be weakly gripping a coil of metal wire for some reason, and the floor around her was scattered with various long industrial nails, some bent. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A pair of whiskers - crafted with some sort of marker - had been imprinted onto her face, along with a black dot on her nose. Of course, such a sleeping target was oblivious to this.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]But suddenly… movement.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]MOVEMENT?! NEAR[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] HER[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] BABY?![/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Like some sort machine, Tia's eyes suddenly snapped open, and the metal wire in her hand screeched as it lashed out for the body in front of her. Flicking out her arm with gritted teeth, the metallic wire attempted to ensnare the individual.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"THOUGHT YOU COULD FUCKING GET AWAY WITH IT, DID YOU, YOU LITTLE PUNK?! I WARNED YOU! I WARNED YOU THAT IF YOU EVEN GOT NEAR MY MIXUKI, I'D FUCKING KILL Y--"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"You…?"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]No. Ohhh, anyone but that. NOOOOO.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"E-E-Erjaaa…?" [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Whatever tension there was on the metallic wire slacked instantly, and Tia looked like she was about to cry.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Suddenly and without warning, Erja finds her instincts from years of battle kicking in, as Tia screams like a madwoman, something apparently about Ade. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]What in the hell..[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As her thoughts conclude, she attempts to offer an apology, or to try and calm the biker NOAH down. But in place finds herself being assaulted, rolling low and to the left, Erja snatches up a monkey Wrench, brandishing it in her right hand. Standing to her feet, her pupils seem to shrink, a look of surprise hidden under her mask, quickly replaced with rage as eyes narrow. Swinging the Improvised weapon, she stops suddenly, noticing the look to Tia's face, was she seriously about to cry..[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I uh..umm.. Good morning?..ah..ha..ha.." Trying to make light of the matter, Erja drops the monkey Wrench, exhaling deeply, whatever triggered Tia earlier seemed to have vanished, looking up at the taller girl, Erja wasn't too sure on how to handle this, but the NOAH was a young woman…[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I needed a new shirt, mine was torn in the battle, I didn't mean to wake you, was about to head out actually." She offers as means of explanation. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Going onto her knees, Tia bowed up and down repeatedly at Erja's feet, her voice a tired mess.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry, sorry, sorry… I-I thought you were Ade… she… he… someone told me[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] they [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]were gonna…" Tia stuttered, closing her eyes tight. She didn't finish the sentence. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The fact she'd almost attacked someone on her own side seemed to have truly upset the NOAH, especially one she'd got on so well with last night.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry…" she repeated once more, even quieter this time. Hearing something about 'shirt', Tia instantly threw off her own, revealing a tank top underneath, and she placed it at Erja's feet, still on her knees in apology. "J-Just take mine… I don't deserve it for what I did..."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I.. What in the hell.." Taken aback by this the sniper shakes her head, was this girl really that scared of her? [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Well, in hindsight she was a sniper that had been killing people for years, plus her appearance in general.. Thinking back to the night before, Erja could try that trick again, reaching for her mask using her left, and the shirt with her right, Erja squats down, allowing a smile, even if somewhat sad to pass her face. Laying the jacket, one handedly on Tia's back with a bit of ruffling, she gently pats Tia on the back with the now free hand.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] "I told you yesterday I wasn't paid to kill you. And while you are bigger than me, you remind me of my little sister, so please don't do this. All is..fine." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Stopping her patting Erja gives a soft shove to Tia's left shoulder. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Put it back on, besides like I said I need to get going." Taking note of the work Tia was doing and wanting to get away from this strange situation, Erja replaces her mask, standing back up, Tia seemed to care greatly about that bike of her's, maybe that could distract her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The shop I'm going to tends to have a bit of junk around among other things, was there anything you needed?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Looking up at White Death with wide eyes, that rare smile of hers - just like it had last night - seemed to calm down Tia completely. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"O-oh… I… ok. So we're cool?" the NOAH smiled clumsily, still bewildered of the pen cat nose and whiskers graffitied onto her face. Her tone seemed to go back to her old, chirpy one, though still tired. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Sorry, haha… I just, um… had to take a precaution. Someone told me Ade was gonna plan to mess with my Blackbird last night. I tried to stay awake and guard it, but... turns out they were bullshitting. I'll deal with them later… making me think you were Ade… f-fucker..."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She blinked twice at the mention of her reminding Erja of her little sister, and for some reason, Tia seemed to look awfully emotional for a moment. Reaching for her grey shirt with a guitar symbol imprinted on it, Tia put it on very slowly for some reason, and by the time her face appeared again, it looked normal. Wiping her front, the NOAH springed up to her feet with a smile, as if barely anything had happened.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hrmmm, junk, huh? I think there was something… I was practicing things last night, and I had an idea… for… er…" Tia seemed to be racking her brain for a moment, before she spotted the nails strewn on the floor, along with the coil of wire in her hand. "Oh! I remember now. Check this out…!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Bending over to pick up one of the long nails, Tia gripped the flat inbetween her thumb and two fingers. She seemed to be concentrating deeply, and with a light humming, the nail seemed to be rotating vigorously in her hand. Widening her eyes, Tia sprung back her fingers.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"-Eject."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]With a near silent whizz, the nail suddenly shot across the room like a bullet, giving a thunk as it landed into the concrete, sticking at least four inches in. Whatever Tia had done, the trajectory seemed to be pretty inaccurate.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Aw… that was a bad one…" Tia murmured, pouting a bit. Extending her arm, the coil of wire the NOAH was holding suddenly seemed to unravel, and like an extra limb, it snaked its way over to where the nail had hit. The control Tia had of the wire was near perfect, almost as if it were an extension of her own arm. The wire looped around the head of the half-embedded nail, and with a surge of some sort of energy, the nail was swiftly pulled out and returned to Tia's hand.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I was playing around with this junk, yesterday… and the wire…" Tia began, rolling the nail inbetween her fingers, "I had no idea, but… it's hard to explain, so bear with me. The range on my control of metal is low, right? But basically, I can seem to extend my range by making my energy flow through this. These are just common construction materials I found lying around, and… well…" Tia clicked her shoulders back, grinning at Erja, "I kinda wanna experiment with this. Didn't realise any of this til' now… I never liked exploring what those gov bastards made me into… but this making me kinda excited. There might be something in that place I need, basically, so I'll risk it to tag along with ya'... 'big sis'," Tia winked, "Need a ride? I know sneaky routes."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Listening to Tia's words, the girl seemed rather excited, though Erja could see why, allowing her thoughts to process what she had just seen and learned, Erja giggles slightly, a hoarse, likely rather seldom heard sound. "Oh I think Ade did come see you sometime, you look quite the stray cat." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]That should distract her for a bit, there was no doubt that power had some impressive potential to it, Erja herself, even if skilled was just a sniper, at the end of the day she was a mortal in a battle of demi-gods, at best she may become a Greek style legend and bring one down, but fighting them head to head, that was something else. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Ecclesian's had caused nothing but suffering, from her farm to this kids, deciding to address the issue at hand, how could she do that with the wire, but not other metals.. While never officially educated, Erja did dive into books and self learning. Being struck by an idea she tilts her head to the right side. "Maybe your power only works with metals of certain compositions. Or it works like electromagnetism.. We can test that at the shop I think.. If it's the wire, maybe some sort of spring loaded device..."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Electro… what…? A-and what do you mean, 'stray cat'? You can be weird sometimes..." Tia seemed completely taken aback by anything scientific, and she still looked somewhat confused at the 'stray cat' remark. Seemed like a little bit of a random thing to point out, but everyone had their own insults, she supposed. Scratching under a cheek that she had no idea was a whisker, Tia yawned.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Well, uh… I was thinking something like… you know fishing reels? I've never been fishing, but, uh… maybe a mechanism like that?" the NOAH kicked open a cabinet, grabbing a handful of cornflakes from a box and shoving them into her mouth as she talked, "Lemmuffmm…[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] *gulp*[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]... let me just give the missus a real quick polish, replace my plaster, and you can lead me to this place. It's a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]discreet [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]route, right…?" Tia asked, offering the open box of cornflakes to Erja, "I'm pretty sure there's still some wanted posters of me out there…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I'm weird… I'm not the one painted up like a cat.. Erja thinks but doesn't say aloud. Pondering why Tia would want fishing wire, though watching her scarfing down cornflakes reminded Erja she herself had yet to eat, well maybe the Sokolov shop would have some MRE's on hand, all she needed for that was water. As the Noah hurriedly goes about her tasks Erja quietly watches. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Once finished, Erja quickly explains the directions, after some debate over the distance being a little over 10 klicks out, decide to take the bike. Sitting on the back, Erja holds on to the sides, leaning back, having stopped to get her SVD the pair were soon traveling back streets, reaching a large junkyard with a building roughly the same size of the Afterlife's Bar, a group of males in sports shoes seem to be working in the field and standing around the front, all white males with stoic faces judging by the looks of them, as the pair pull up a man in fatigues carrying an AKM rifle steps out into view, from a hiding spot behind the gate, a single sign behind him reading Sokolov Salvage.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Eh Erja, Who is this? A friend, sister or something..?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Giving a shrug to the man, Erja nods to the affirmative. "You can say that I guess, is Dimitri in?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Isn't he always! Fat fucker always stays behind his counter while we do all the work! Go on through, but get that bike behind a barrier in here, I won't be responsible for it.." Urging Tia to follow the instructions given, the pair go into the shop, suddenly are assailed by strange music from a piano; [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Cousin Dimitri! Customers! It's the Sniper woman! And..the fuck?! A giant blonde woman with face painted like a cat! I swear cousin I'm not drinking!" [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]The man in question was guarding the door, with a shotgun strapped to his back, squatting in a chair as he plays the song on the Piano, with a bottle of Vodka sitting next to him, dressed in camouflage with an aging military helmet hanging from it's strap next to him, the man stares at the two women seemingly dazed, blinking twice at them as if unsure of what he was seeing. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In the distance behind a counter surrounded by junk was a figure hidden behind a newspaper, ironically it's front page contained information on the assault carried out on the parking structure, and of course propaganda of the glorious victory by cleric forces, in a tired voice, the man replies, lowering his paper, a balding heavyset man in his 40's was on the other side of it.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Goddamnit Ivan! What have I told you of playing that shit in here! And what in the hell is in that Vodka Bottle, Water?!... Holy Shit, she is painted like a Cat.. I am sorry Cousin Ivan, though you are still a drunk.."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Reaching across his table, the man places a small hand mirror and a rag facedown. "Miss, over here, look in mirror.." Dimitri says, motioning to Tia, suddenly Erja begins laughing, if briefly, this causes, both Dimitri and Ivan to pause their respective activities, never having seen such a sight.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Whatever the hell was going on in this place, Tia had no idea, but it was just best to go along with it. Dudes squatting in chairs… CLERIC propaganda… the stench of vodka… and some weird-ass names Tia hadn't even heard of before. And what the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]fuck [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]was this cat thing about? [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Frowning, the NOAH just got even more confused when Erja burst out laughing and the plump man told her to look into a mirror.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What's so funny?! How the hell do I look like a cat; you're not making any sense!" stepping forward, Tia snatched the mirror off the counter, her eyes widening in horror as she examined the pen marks that must've been there from the beginning.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"...ERJA." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Tia suddenly growled through gritted teeth. Why hadn't she told her…?! Licking her finger, and wiping the marks on her face with saliva, Tia vigorously scrubbed at the pen marks until they more or less came off. Turning, the blonde woman gave Erja a silent look that seemed to be plotting revenge, before returning the rag & mirror with a slam.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ugh… just ignore that…" Tia murmured, drumming her fingers on the counter, "I'm looking for something like a big spool. Like a fishing reel, only much bigger. Do you have any parts like that? Even a short, wide, metal cylinder of some sort will do. Condition doesn't matter."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I told you when we were in the Garage, you didn't bother to look, and you called me weird.." Erja adds as means or protest.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Meanwhile the man known as Ivan goes back to playing his music, causing Dimitri to stare angrily. Turning his attention to the two women, the new one had made a request, that was rather odd, but within the shops realm of possibility. Though Erja being here was slightly more concerning..[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ah yes, we have much in the way of scrap like that, though fishing reel is rare.. I mean not many places to fish in the city. We have spoils of old electrical wire as well, and what of you my sniper friend what brings you here?" Dimitri asks, taking the rag Tia had used back to wipe some sweat from his own head.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I need a new PTRS, and repairs on my SVD, plus some ammunition." Stating what she wanted the man's appearance seems to sour slightly.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ivan, move the Piano in front of the door, and open the hatch.."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"But Cousin it is heav-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"DO IT NOW IVAN! NOW! NOW! NOW! NOW! And stop playing that shit!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] Slamming his fists into the desk the man seemed rather pissed and furious as he snarls. The man known as Ivan seems to begrudgingly do as he's told, motioning with his head for the two women to move forward, ending his squat and pushing the piano aside, he then stands up out of his chair, kicking it over, and surprisingly picking up a portion of the floor with it, leading to a set of stairs going underground.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I am very sorry my dear customers, and ah..blonde girl? I think I have something in mind just for you, it won't be as good for fishing, but if you hang around Erja here, I doubt I want to know what you need it for." Getting up out of his chair, Dimitri sighs heavily, making his way down the stairs ahead of the two women.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I have plenty of wire for electronic detonators. For landmines and other explosives, tough, thin, conducts well, would you like Explosives as well? And ah Erja, I am afraid I have no more PTRS it is old rifle, I have PTRD's but ehh.. But I do have something that may interest you, let me see the SVD when we get below."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hmph! You knew I didn't understand…" Tia replied in a huff to Erja's protest. She completely knew it was her own fault for not having the intelligence to figure out the cat remarks, but she still felt somewhat betrayed. Well… just desserts for almost catching Erja with the wire, Tia supposed.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Don't really need the wire itself… I just need the shape of something that wire can coil around, like a cylinder. If I could get about four of those, that'd be great. I'll take a box of the largest nails you've got, as well… that's all… uh… will that be…" Tia paused, realising something. These two weirdos probably didn't do their work for nothing, but the NOAH didn't have any 'money' to hand whatsoever. Looking around on the ground for a moment, Tia spotted a single stray bullet, abandoned in the corner of the room. Discreetly bringing it over to her hand, she figured it was all she had to work with. Perhaps now was a good chance to attempt 'bartering'.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It's just junk, riiight? Maybe I could… um… swing it for free?" the question sort of answered itself, so Tia lifted up the bullet, "Alright, alright, I'm a fair woman, so I'll raise the stakes. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]One[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] bullet. That bullet could save your life; junk can't save anyone! That sounds good, yeah? Come ooon, I'm not asking for a gun or anything..."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The NOAH gave a sheepish grin, hoping her wondrous 'charm' would do the trick.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Are you insane?... Food is not free, and I have my men to pay so they can feed their families.." Looking at the NOAH with a head shake, Erja cuts him off quickly with a cough, as they reach the bottom flight, flipping on some lights, beyond was a brick basement littered with all sorts of weapons, canisters of ammo and small explosives. The Junk Shop had quite the collection of small Arms, as Erja hoists up the SVD, Dimitri takes it in hand.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent] "Hmm...you scratched her up pretty badly and lost the scope...I can fix her, but I may have something else for you.. Ah yes, Blonde girl, go to the back where the blocks of plastic explosives are, for the love of god do not do like Ivan and Juggle them with the detonators in.. As to payment, we may have some use for you in prostitution-"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Before he can finish Erja sticks an arm in front of him, near the wall, in silent warning she speaks. "Just show me what you have Dimitri, I'll buy whatever she gets, just call it a gift."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Alright then, Wire spools are around the C4, Nails... Ah! There should be some around there for various things, on work table. I'll do a deal with you on these Erja, now as to your 14.5 problem, this was just brought in the other day.." Walking to one of the counters at the front, a weapon just a bit smaller than her PTRS, yet bigger than the other rifles on the wall, unfurling the shit covering it was a large bullpup style rifle, with a magazine slightly behind and alongside the handle and trigger, the barrel seemed to slide back a little with the recoil judging by the design. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"She is a Gepard 3, one of the more popular 14.5mm rifles of her time. Spec wise, same as rifle as you had, a few pounds light, and has actual magazine. It is not a museum piece as much as your old rifle, and will be easier to conceal. As to SVD, I have customer that wants one for collection…" Pursing his lips Dimitri reaches up the gun wall, grabbing another bullpup weapon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][spoili]
TBT6iAT.png
[/spoili]
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent] "[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]SVU, it was modernized SVD, can use same mags, even has some larger 30 round ones, depending on what the girl wants, and the SVD… well, let's say ten thousand.. Though if you take care of some deadbeats who owe me some money..hmm How does five sound?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent][spoili]
tEhAxEz.jpg
[/spoili]
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Looking at him Erja narrows her eyes, examining each weapon in turn. "Depends on how many on that list.. Make it two. You know I stopped doing this often since I changed jobs.." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dimitri scratches his head sighing a bit in response, before finally nodding. "Alright Deal, it's three people. Real pieces of shit, so you have no problem with it. I'll give you four thirty round mags, three for the Geperd, normal SVD Mags can be used on the SVU if you rather keep to your ten round magazines.. I'll let you use the range as well, get the ammo you need when you leave, Dennis, the gate guard you met earlier.. Well time to go sit back down, transfer the payment to me today, and get the hell out of here." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Turning to walk away, it seemed he trusted Erja to not rob him at least, the sniper for herself, heads off to find Tia, peering behind the girl, she coughs. When Suddenly in the distance a loud yell of "IVAAAAAN!" Can be hear, followed by a "I'm sorry Cousin!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Find anything you wanted? Maybe a handgun or SMG? Will cost me a little more but it's fine."[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Prosti-what-now?" Tia cocked her head, apparently never having heard the term before, "that some sort of manual labor? Well, as long as it isn't too hard, sure, I could-" Tia cut off as Erja abruptly put a hand against the wall. Aw. Whatever prostitution was didn't sound that difficult, but the RONIN didn't seemed too pleased about it, so Tia didn't ask any questions about the matter.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Wait, y-you're gonna[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] pay [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]for me…?" Tia looked up at Erja, bouncing up and down in excitement. People rarely bought things for her, but if there was one lesson she'd been taught over her years of wandering and suffering, it was to be grateful for any generosity left in this world. Any grudge she had about the whiskers thing seemed to disappear in the moment, and the NOAH even leaned in to give the sniper a tight hug, wrapping her arms around Erja.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "...You're the best."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Giving it a while before releasing, Tia shook her head at Erja's other offer,[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Naw, those spools n' nails are all I need, doubt I'll need those explosives," the NOAH lowered her voice so the co[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]usins [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]couldn't hear, "(I can pretty much request any gun FEARLESS has got in store to be delivered along with Mixuki, so even if I was a gun nut and needed to switch often, things would be okay~.)" leaning back out and stopping her whisper, Tia was still smiling about the whole 'getting bought something' thing, no matter how cheap it was. "Thanks again, Erja."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It was nothing, don't worry about it, besides, I get a feeling you haven't gotten...well it doesn't matter.. Maybe next time...wha-" Blushing at the hug, some redness even showed above the edge of the mask, even if slightly. Shaking her head, it really was a shame what the NOAH had become, and what they had lost, well minus the Chaos Bitch at least, that one always left her on edge.. Though was it because she really was like that, or a result of how she was treated? Waiting to be released from the hug, it was rather strange, in spite of how big Tia was, she was in many ways still a kid.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was something worth pondering later, provided Erja herself stayed alive. "And just so you know later on, if someone offers you that work again, just say no.." Pausing a bit at the gun remark, Erja would likely have been better off just borrowing a weapon from them, but old habits died hard. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Speaking of… "Hey, Tia, get back to the base, I have some work to do around here, just take your stuff and go, I'll be fine." Listening to the girl's attempts to object, Erja makes a shushing sound waving the girl off as she grabs her two weapons, there was no point in upsetting things more, she would get some practice out of those weapons soon enough, waiting for Tia to actually leave, Erja sets off on her own, talking briefly with the man who was surprisingly named Dennis, and collecting her list from Ivan, at least these people wouldn't be missed, and Fearless didn't need to know..[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Though pausing to think of it, she needed to stop doing this work, even if it was rarely and maybe actually try depending on the Fearless Armory. Well no matter, these weapons would kill more [BCOLOR=transparent]Ecclesian[/BCOLOR] Soldiers soon enough she decides, her revenge was not yet complete..[/BCOLOR]

[/spoili]

gmTFu7C.png

KRjTm6l.png

wTy1GZ9.png

While GODFATHER did feel remorse for those who had fallen in the line of duty, he could not understand the backlash from his own team. Yes, they had fought and bled for a few names - a small amount of intelligence that amounted to little more than a few pictures... but the death of the Praetorians meant an end to this war. GODFATHER had lost friends and comrades fighting for far less. As the members of FEARLESS dismissed themselves, GODFATHER turned towards Julianne, who was already working tirelessly to decrypt the rest of the data on the portable drive.

"I know what you're going to say." Julianne began nonchalantly, sapphire eyes still fixated on the monitor in front of her. "You want to know if you did the right thing. Sending all of those people to die wasn't an easy choice, was it?"

"Tch." GODFATHER lit a cigarette, leaning himself against a nearby wall as he closed his eyes to Julianne's rhythmic typing. "I know it was the right choice."

"Their friends are dead because of your decision." Julianne remarked softly, "But it's not your fault. You had to do it. ECHO and the others... they could have still been alive... you... had to do it..." She paused for a moment, holding back the tears that threatened to burst forth at the lost of her most beloved friend.

"Jill..."

"Yes, Gillian?"

"How many more sacrifices will I need to make to end this war?"

Julianne realized that her emotions were beginning to get the best of her. In a very STINGRAY like fashion, she pushed back her feelings, re-assuming her stoic composure before answering her commanding officer.

"People are going to die... There's no avoiding that. You know this. Even in chess, your pieces must be sacrificed."

"I'm...I'm not talking about lives..."

There was a short pause as Julianne ceased typing, her eyes darting towards the man standing beside her. Ever since the day GODFATHER - no, Gillian, had saved her life... Julianne had always trusted him. If there was anyone who would end this war, it would be him.

"Even if we win this war, how will we know if we are human anymore?"

"..."

"As if any of us want to be human anymore."

-----
T W O
D A Y S
L A T E R

-----

Yul5rZ6.png

yTEYct7.png

In the dark corner of the medical bay, Jonathan "FOXTROT" Ziegler sat, his back pressed firmly against the wall as he stared at the mess that he had made. Empty boxes of first aid supplies sat at his feet, the young man staring emptily into them. Like the bittersweet dreams of his fallen comrades, he had spread the items underneath him, waiting for the unorganized collection of bandages and antiseptic to call out to him...

The line between man and object was becoming blurred.

Slowly, FOXTROT removed a small stick from the collection of objects - a cylindrical object no longer than the surface area of his palm. Removing the cap, FOXTROT always paused to read the warning and directional use label, as if he had never done this before. Holding the object up to eye level, he briefly examined the curse which sat between his fingertips.

----

MORPHINE AUTO-INJECTOR
2.1 mg of atropine and 600 mg of pralidoxime chloride
SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING INJECTION

----

Curling his lips into a hopeless smile, he aimed the needle towards his thigh. As he brought the object down towards his leg, he felt the object suddenly slip from his fingers in a gust of wind. The morphine injector had been smashed to pieces against the wall beside him. Embedded into the wall was a familiar, black object...

...Valkyrie...

"What do you think you're doing?"

FOXTROT didn't answer, watching hopelessly as Valkyrie moved towards him. Valkyrie shot her old friend a look before picking up the smashed object off the floor. "Morphine? What the hell is wrong with you?" Valkyrie grabbed the FOX by his collar, pulling him up to his feet. FOX refused to answer... most likely because he did not have one. "Answer me!"

Despite Valkyrie's prodding, Jonathan had no words. He did not care to justify his actions anymore. "ECHO died trying to save your sorry ass... and here you are, trying to drug yourself out and forget all about it!" Valkyrie delivered a powerful backhand to FOX's face, "Is this what you want? To sit around and cry in a corner for the rest of your life?" The NOAH smashed her fist into the wall behind FOX, putting a sizable hole into the drywall. "What would ECHO say if she knew about this?!"

Without a word, FOX pushed Valkyrie off of him. "Do you know how many people I've lost?! I can still hear their screams, their cries..." The young soldier clawed at his own head, pulling at his own hair as he began to sweat. "Every night, their dead bodies grab me... pulling me in..."

Before he could continue, Valkyrie delivered another swift backhand to the man's face. It wasn't long until both of them were slinging punches at one another. While FOX was the more experienced fighter, his terrible mental state made his attacks predictable. Valkyrie dodged the attacks of her former mentor and friend before delivering a swift kick to the man's chest. "We've all lost people, dumbass! The point is to keep living... to make those sacrifices worth it!"

As the old acquaintances squared off with one another, they completely ignored the severely wounded Sarge that was also there trying to get sleep in the medical wing.

"Damn kids..."

"Dumbass! Dumbass! DUMBASS!" The entire Afterlife shook as FOX was tossed out the door of the medical wing, rolled down two flights of stairs and crashed against the wooden bartop. As FOX hit the counter, he noticed Julianne standing beside him in her usual bartender attire. With a towel in her hands, she shot the young man a blank stare.

"Hey FOX..."

"Oh... Hey, STINGRAY."

The bartender glared at FOX for a moment, before pointing towards the counter and the towel she was holding.

"I just cleaned that counter."

"Right...sorry. I'll just uh..." FOX sat himself up, feeling a sharp pain in his back as he awkwardly tried to get off the counter that STINGRAY was cleaning. "I'll just get out of your way."

"I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET!"

Before anyone could realize what was happening, a couch smashed itself into the bar counter from above, bending the wooden counter top. Julianne, seemingly unmoved by these recent events, casually pushed the couch off of the bar top. As Valkyrie jumped over the catwalk and into the main bar space, FOX reached for a pool cue off of a nearby rack.

"You children done screwing around?"

A voice interrupted the fighting. From the backroom, GODFATHER emerged, followed by a group of concerned intelligence officers in uniform. Unlike the normal collection of officers that worked in the AFTERLIFE, these men were older - most likely the commanders from the other FEARLESS locations scattered across the city.

"Are we interrupting something?" FOX placed the pool cue back onto the rack.

One of the senior men turned towards GODFATHER, "We'll be in touch." The officer remarked before the group of men moved past FOX and the rest of the members of FEARLESS. Before the men stepped out, they turned their military coats inside out, hiding their identifying uniforms before leaving the establishment.

"I thought you would have learned some discipline by now, Jonathan... and you." GODFATHER turned towards Valkyrie, who was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed. "I'm the only one who is allowed to hit my brother." Gillian added with a grin.

"Hmph." VALKYRIE angrily turned her head, an unhappy pout stretched across her face. "As if I'm going to let him hurt himself."

"Heh. Personal matters aside. It's time to assemble the team."

Last edited:
pIPv0Ik.jpg

Silence reigned over Faceless. Despite being quite vocal about their assignment before, Ade Stafford spent most of their time trying to get their head straight. They had been half-dragged, half-walked to the safehouse, but they did not really care either way and they did not go out of their way to comment to the sniper or the medic. Of course, they would answer any questions others had or respond properly to whatever happened, but Ade was in their own world for the time being. Because they were thinking. Sure, life was not very glamourous in ODIN either, however, to see someone leaving a team-mate behind to die like that... It was not the most pleasant thing in the world. The death or the pleading screams of mercy, Ade could accept. Other than that, though, they did not see the point. Why let Auretta suffer like that?

Perhaps it was unintentional, but Karin's cold logic was not something that the eccentric chemist could easily accept. And there was the matter of the Praetorian that they engaged, someone whom they had only second-hand knowledge of. It was a bittersweet victory... But at least it was a victory, right? So Ade did not understand why it felt so sour in their mouth. Normally, they jumped at the chance to cause havoc and destruction, to cut into the ranks of Clerics or Paladins. Right now, they wanted some alone time to think about what just exactly went down on that battlefield. And they also wondered if the trap they left behind managed to nick one of the bastards.

Now that was a more cheerful thought which they could live with. It was the thing they did the best after all and as they examined the situation, they realised what had bothered them. They could not do anything that would be actually useful against that damn Praetorian. They needed to think forward a little bit more. Therefore, as soon as they felt better and their wounds had been treated as well as possible under the circumstances, they headed towards one of their own safehouses which contained a laboratory. They would be better prepared the next time something like that struck. Though obviously, one could not exactly expect everything that the crazy NOAHs could come up with, but that did not mean they were completely helpless.

FEARLESS needed more distractions and ways to set up an ambush. Chemicals to make smoke, noise, light or even hallucinatory stuff... The last was especially difficult to do, but once Ade set their mind to it, they were sure they could do it if given enough time. And for the first time in a while, life in the FEARLESS base was peaceful and free of Ade's trademark pranks for the most part. Faceless had occasionally gone inside via one of the less known exits to either retrieve something or just to speak a word or two, but they never remained for too long.

But before good progress could be made, they got a notification about a new operation. And they were involved too. Regretfully abandoning the place they felt the most home at, Faceless headed out for AFTERLIFE.​

GVTuY41.jpg

Through a silent den of petrol, parts, and polish, the sound of a gentle cloth sweeping through the onyx mane of a steed could just faintly be heard.

Her body crouching and her eyes squinting carefully as if performing surgery, Tia was doing a usual session of what she did to her beloved vehicle three (or sometimes four) times a day. Leaning in gently, she spoke in a manner that only appeared when in the privacy of her section of the garage, alone with her Blackbird.
"There you are, baby... I know it's been hard; I'm sorry about yesterday... and for getting my dirty fingerprints all over you," Tia cooed sympathetically into Mixuki's ear, "But hushhh... it's over now. And you. Look. Beautiful. I'll be back for you later, okay?"

Aside from that one where she got scarred for the life and passed out drunk, the days of downtime had been pretty productive. With such a simple piece of material, came a new form of control; a whole new path of possibilities for her to 'explore'. Aside from that and her huge improvement on shooting out iron nails, what was the real kicker was that in these days, Tia had managed to quit smoking. She hadn't felt... forced... to drag that pollution through her lungs for days now. The hours of hard work knee-deep in oil had been entertaining and engaging enough, and oh, it had been worth it.

In the middle of the garage, the majestic Blackbird sat in her usual spot, only prouder than usual. She wore the same pristine black finish; the same sleek design, but now, two large, circular, black, and elegantly polished spools sat on either side of her underbelly. Around each spool, what amounted to a huge length of thin yet nearly-unbreakable metal wire was neatly coiled and prepared.

It was a subtle and seemingly pointless change, but oh, after seeing what she could do with it, it was enough. She'd even had two smaller versions of these wire coils attached to either side of her battle suit.

Setting the cloth aside, Tia was about to go to her feet, if it wasn't for the sound of footsteps behind her. Remaining in a crouched position, she slightly turned her head to the side. All that was needed to explain the situation and disturbance was two words that came in a rugged monotone from an experienced SERAPHIM unit. Two words she'd been anticipating - both in a positive and negative way - for what felt like a while, even if it hadn't been a week since she was out on the field.

Two words.
"You're needed."

A smirk slowly formed on the NOAH's lips, as a gloved hand trailed down the side of her steed.

"Just what we've been waiting to hear."

~ ~ ~

Being sure to give a brief hello to the retired veteran in the medical ward as she passed it, Tia was pretty quick to enter the AFTERLIFE, especially seeing as she'd geared up. She wore her usual olive and grey battlesuit with light ceramic armour, her jet black motorcycle helmet with tinted visor under her shoulder, except her attire seemed to have a few additions.

Two bandoleers that contained what appeared to be large, sharp, iron nails were crossed over each of her shoulders, and at either side of her hip, a small but lengthy spool of wire sat ready for action. Along with the first aid kits, SMG, spare ammunition, and other bags of miscellaneous gear she carried, it was quite a bit to lug around, but still very much manageable.

Glancing across the room, Tia gave a cheery wave to the familiar face of FOXTROT, a more shy but still cheery wave to the less familiar face of VALKYRIE, and a wave-turned-salute to the man who she soon realised was GODFATHER. Ade was around, as well, but after the 'whisker' incident, she offered them a suspicious glance. They were a prime suspect of that, and she had yet to get to the bottom of it.

Before she could say 'hi' to the rest of the crew who'd turned up earlier than her, however, Tia gave an amused chuckle at the sight of the bent bartop and upturned couch that sat below it within the room.
"Aww, did I just miss a good barfight? Whichever one of you weirdos that was, come ooon, why the couch of all things?" Tia sighed half-jokingly; only half, because if that couch had broke; she'd genuinely have been kind of mad. The thing felt like some sort of comfy palace with a whisky cola close at hand. "Well, fine, leave it to me. I'll return it to its former glory."

A sudden creak of rapidly uncoiling wire sounding on one of the spools at her waist, a loop of iron string quickly and delicately tied around the upturned sofa. Yanking on it with a spare hand, the couch flipped upwards, before sliding across the room towards its original position. Hopping over the couch in motion, the wire returned itself to the spool at Tia's side as she fell back simply onto the sofa, crossing her legs and lounging for now.

"Hoopla. Sooo..." Tia looked up at GODFATHER and his little choir of assisting commanders. She couldn't remember seeing those people before, and whilst nerves were beginning to somewhat kick in at the fact that this mission could've been twice as serious as the previous, the NOAH tried to stave off those nerves by keeping a casual yet respectful attitude. "What's the picture this time?"

jnTmPYw.jpg

~~~
Two Days Later
~~~
Having finished her other work, the SVU and GepM3 had proved themselves rather useful, shorter and lighter weight than her previous weapons, same caliber, and higher cap magazines in the case of the SVU would make her more useful should a situation like before ever arise. The Geperd had a bit more blowback and yet less recoil thankfully, while neither weapon was state of the art, and in characteristics were no different from what she had, it was a worthy deal.

Sitting in her safe house cross legged, Erja is busy sharpening a combat knife on a mattress, next to her on the floor is both rifles, a few torn MRE packs, and a couple empty bottles of Vodka. The room seemed to be largely undecorated minus a couple paintings, a TV sits on a table at the end of the bed with some sort of console or video player below it, in just a tank top and undergarments Erja's normal clothing is strung atop the TV, armor plates and boots at the foot. A table off to the side contains packages of food, bottles of water, ammunition boxes and a small corded black phone.

Scraping the knife across a stone the small black phone rings, pausing in her task only a select few had that number, and she never called out from it herself. Ringing twice more the woman sighs. "Work Already? Fearless..." She had hoped for more time away from there, but the war always went onward, regardless of inhuman monsters.. Getting up, and laying the knife down on the bed, Erja crosses the room picking up the phone by the 5th ring, saying nothing in reply or greeting, a clipped monotone voice comes across the line.

"You're needed." Recognizing the voice it was indeed FEARLESS. Hanging the phone up, the sniper hurries in getting ready, arming and equipping herself. A few moments later she's out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Arriving at the AFTERLIFE some time there after, judging by the looks of the bar some sort of scuffle had broken out earlier, Tia and Ade were already there, the later surprisingly no worse for the wear, a fact that caused Erja to briefly stare. Others were here as well. Just what was all of this about.. Giving her typical two finger salute, the White Death waits to see what sort of job this would be..

vNP7pYP.png

'THWOMP!'

The punching bag almost bent in half as her fist struck dead center, dust exhaling from the leather seams which painted a momentary canvas in the air as the dust swirled around her forearms before dissipating into the air. Naomi steadied the bag with a hand to slow it's swinging, catching her breath for a moment before running the back of her hand along her forehead. She sighed and lazily punched the bag again before turning to pick up a towel from nearby chair she'd "borrowed" from the bar, using it to dry the sweat from her forehead before throwing it back over the chair. The bag had almost lost all of it's original shape from the relentless beating, a fresh bag already waiting against the wall, awaiting it's turn to be beaten till it could no longer serve it's function.

Naomi unhooked the deformed bag and went to grab the other before a very distinct smell struck her, causing her to pause. She knew the small all too well, and it was something she found difficult at times due to the nature of her memory. Closing her eyes she composed herself before lifting the next bag onto the hook, placing the defeated bag in the corner next to another previously ruined bag. She were about to get to work again when a familiar voice spoke up, causing her to pause as she looked over to see Alexander whom gave a friendly wave before returning to start a conversation, apologizing for the smell. "Don't worry about it Alex, I've discovered worse smells from Afterlife's bathrooms" she replied with a small smile, jesting lightly given that Alex was also a tender for the bar.

His next question caused her smile to some what fade a little as her mind revisited it's latest choice of nightmare. "Just the usual nightmares, nothing new that a morning routine of punching can't fix" she replied, giving the bag a solid thump with her fist for good measure. She listened as Alex went on to explain a little about his equipment and the so called 'sins' that he'd only lightly mentioned in the past. Alex appeared to be a man of religion and though that wasn't something Naomi herself bought into, she had more than enough respect for Alex not to challenge his beliefs. He'd been good to her in the past and not just for pouring drinks. He often had sound advice that could really give you piece of mind and for someone like Naomi it was exactly what she needed from time to time.

"Sorry about that" she said with a sincere apologetic expression which quickly transitioned to a smirk, "Although you know if you managed to make something stronger... we could avoid the problem all together" she gave a small laugh herself. Alex was a talented bar hand, there being little to no drink that he couldn't put together for you. Though she did feel like some what of a challenge for Alex, someone who required a stronger more potent poison than what you could commonly find behind a bar. "You'll just have to find me something that's more than a kick... maybe more like a punch in the throat" she once again grin before shaking her head, taking a few more swings at the bag before deciding to sate her own curiosity with a question. "Not trying to pry, but based on what I'm smelling I can only assume you've been hunting. How did it go?" she asked.

~~~~~Two days later~~~~~​

In usual Naomi fashion, she arrived casually with a strong push of the door which almost would have taken it off it's hinges before she quickly caught it, looking some what embarrassed before she gave a composing *cough* as she walked into the room. "Sorry about that..." she said, walking over to where Valk, Ade, Tia and Erja were located. Naomi moved over to where the couch was, leaning against the arm and folding her arms as she regarded Godfather with a respectful tip of her head before looking down to Tia sat comfortably on one of the couch cushions. "Sup Tia, word through the grapevine is you and Arata are an item. I'm happy for you both, you make a cute couple" she said with a grin.

GVTuY41.jpg

Looking up from the sofa, the familiar white locks of a certain sniper she'd come to bond with across the days walked through the doors, and Tia was quick to wave to her across the room, giving her a little greeting.
"Pssst...! Erja...!" Tia bounced up and down a little on the sofa excitedly, eager to tell Erja all about something she made like a kid would to a parental figure. "I did the thing with the spools, and it's thanks to you! Maybe I can repay you by giving you a hand on the field today, yeah?"

Next to arrive was Titan, slamming open the door, making the ground practically shake a little with each step of her entrance. Man... of all the fellow NOAH Tia was usually nervous around, she was undoubtedly the coolest. She'd rarely read any comics, most were just propaganda anyways, but if real superheroes existed, Tia felt like Naomi would totally be one of them.
"Here she is! Looks like GODFATHER took some notes and was sure to deploy our Titan at the start of the mission this time, hmmm...?" Tia added as a playful jab towards GODFATHER, winking in the commander's general direction. At first, Tia was very excited that the NOAH she so looked up to was standing right beside her. Giving a bubbly reply to the girl's greeting, the NOAH gave an enthusiastic reply to Naomi's supercool "Sup".
"Heya, Naomi! There's room for two on here if you wanna lounge. How's thin-" cutting off from her cheery reply, Tia's eyes abruptly widened in horror as Naomi finished her sentence.

...What.

Wait a minute...

WHAT.

HOW DID ANYONE EVEN KNOW ABOUT THAT?! SHE'D MADE SO MANY PRECAUTIONS!

All of a sudden, Tia's feelings of having Naomi talk to her changed greatly. Springing up to her feet, the blonde-haired NOAH's face was bright red as she made some sort of effort to try and close Naomi's mouth before she could say anything more, but she avoided actually touching the hulk of a NOAH, as getting punched through ten walls and beaten into a jelly didn't really appeal. Tia was left standing in some sort of awkward position, trying to find the words to say. I-It was only Naomi that knew about this, right? Maybe she could just play it off...

"A-aghhh... er... ahaha...!" Tia made some sort of noise that was a mixture of embarrassment and pain, that transformed into some sort of laugh to try and treat the thing as one big joke she'd never heard about before. "W-wow, Naomi, those are some crazy rumours you've heard! But seriously, we haven't even seen each other in the past few days! I l-let the kid have his own space, so I dunno where you got that mad idea from... if you're gonna think I'm in love with someone, at least pick a guy that'd make sense!"

Flopping back down into the sofa, her foot noticeably tapping rapidly against the floor, Tia's flushed face was beginning to sweat a little the longer she stayed silent.
"Y-Yeah... ahahaha... me and Arata, of all people... that's a good one, alright!" Tia eventually added, still treating the thing as a joke. It was true she didn't have any feelings for the guy in that regard, but still, if people knew about that incident, her flustered words to try and explain would only make things worse. Whistling to herself quietly, she could only help everyone else was mature enough to focus more on the mission rather than her embarrassed antics.

When everyone was looking away, Tia took a moment to internally cry.
"Damn you, Goblin..." Tia cursed under her breath, putting her hands in her face for a moment. "I... I trusted you...!"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: sun.
c1ivlJN.jpg
Alexander had received his summons earlier in the day that he would be joining a special team among the FEARLESS operatives. He was made aware, his purpose was to replace another injured Ronin, the original close combat specialist they had in mind for the job. Alexander was replacing Andre, the Sarge, a man of legend among most of the organization. Granted now he was laid up in the medical area, resigned to being nothing more than a paper pusher, and a Seraphim. Something most people were well aware off, that Sarge dreaded doing one day.

Yet here Alexander was, finishing up the new paint job on his armor. Coating the entire armor in a nice, flat Olive Drab color. He had seen the pattern in a history book from many years ago. It was painted onto some sort of tank, an ancient relic, but still a tool of war. That was always how Alexander viewed himself, a tool of war. The brush he had, laid the last stroke over the shoulder plate, before he picked up another brush, dipped into white paint. He painted a star, with a circle around it on each shoulder plate. His work was fairly neat, as he finished off the more broad aspects of painting his armor.

However he began to go into the finer details, working on the angel wings on the back plate of his suit, which were painted white, with black highlights to really bring out some depth. Alexander made sure to put a taunting smiley face in yellow and black on his right gauntlet, with a pink tongue stuck out. On his left leg plate, he wrote in white, 'Your ass here', with arrow pointing to his boot. Generally Alexander's armor reflected his personality, but it also reflected his desire not to be mistaken for a cleric, and shot clear through the back by an ally. Soon after, he put on the finishing details, touching everything up, and making sure it was all very neat.

By the time he finished it was around 4:30pm, just a half hour before he was set to meet with his new team. Alexander began to put on his armor, starting with the black body suit, and working from the very bottom to the top. He strapped each knife into their sheaths, attached his shotgun and his chainsword, Invictus to his back, and let his Scar-H hang from his body, attached by a one point sling. Letting go of the pistol grip, the Ronin slipped his helmet on, adjusting it so it fit perfectly over his face, and meshed with his body suit to provide full coverage.

Now he was dressed as the warrior that he pictured himself as. Alexander turned his helmet on, with a sigh, as the lights clicked on. The red Triangle shown clearly on the front of his helmet, the ronin walked to the room they were supposed to meet in. He came prepared, ammunition in his pouches, his armor painted freshly in its new colors. The old tally marks, covered in fresh paint, as if this were some new beginning for him. The soldier arrived shortly after Tia, not saying a word, as he adjusted his sling a bit, to let his rifle hang comfortable over his chest.

Alexander crossed his hands over his chest, as he looked at the bar, shaking his head at the sight, "Great, new furniture, a large shipment of alcohol, oh and a new counter top. The hell is wrong with you people? I work here you know." The bartender remarked, sounding quite disgruntled, as he took in the damages. The soldier then turned his attention to Tia, Ade, Erja, and Naomi for a brief moment. He looked them over mostly in examination, curious about what he could garner of their abilities, from just looks alone. However he also tapped a button on his helmet, which quickly scanned each woman, on an individual level. It wasn't really anything, beyond pictures, letting the basic A.I in his helmet know, these were now friendlies.

Shrugging his shoulders, his helmet finished it's exam, and approached them, in his olive drab armor, giving a a wave, Alexander took a seat at a nearby table, letting his rifle lay across his lap, "Quite a pleasure to meet you all. Crusader, is my call sign. It seems my recent antics have been enough to put in the spotlight, just enough to be summoned for some sort of special team. As a replacement, for several wounded comrades, that were originally considered for this."

The man paused for a moment, letting out a sigh, as he kept his helmet on, not daring to remove it yet, there was no reason to. "My deepest condolences of course. None the less, I'd like you all to become very well acquainted with my combat uniform. So you don't shoot me. My helmet allows me to quickly identify you all, due to how complicated it can be, with all of your non-standard equipment, and uniforms. I just ask you remember, the olive drab, maniac that's cutting a Cleric in half is your ally." Alexander said with a soft chuckle, as he leaned back in his chair. He tapped a button he had installed on his own, to do something playful and unique.

The red triangle on his helmet, shifted around, and formed a red heart instead, that was fully filled in, "I'd very much, 'love' if you refrain from putting a bullet in my back, or head, because of friendly fire." Crusader said with a laugh, before tapping the button again, to reform the triangle. He was a very basic computer tech, but he always had fun playing with the helmet, to come up stupid, but fun little features. Occasionally he would make something useful. "Anyway, I'm the close combat specialist. Or so I've been told. So pick your shots carefully once I start fighting."

Status
Not open for further replies.