1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Yaoi, Magical Girl, Supernatural, Victorian Goth, Steam Punk

R o s e b u r n

Discord | 'Char Index
BY INVITATION ONLY - Roseburn | IC
fc1XdZsmuD_YqeQsV4k2lTzjmGY.gif

"Things are about to change..."

• "Hazel was only the beginning..."
    In this roleplay, we will follow the lives of our supernatural and human characters as they attempt to go on about their daily lives after Hazel Pearson's death. The witches were always a tightly knit community, but for a long time they dealt with the vampires and werewolves positively. Many made friends with the others, aiding each other by sharing their strengths where others were weak.

After Hazel is murdered, a dark cloud seems to form over the supernatural community, and no one knows who to trust anymore. One thing is for certain, only another supernatural could've taken Hazel out. She was a formidable witch, a mentor to many young witches, and was kind to all. Her death shocked not only the supernaturals, but the humans as well. The last known murder was over a ten years ago and the killer was caught red handed within days. But the detectives have no leads, and not a clue about where to start. Naturally her peers begin to look into the murder, pulling others into the madness along the way. Many vampires and werewolves hope to clear their name from the witches's list of suspects, and find themselves down an even darker rabbit hole than they imagined.

We will delve into a town of secrets, lies, and conspiracy, as the characters try to unravel the gruesome murder that took place on December 29, 2017.

• Vampires: Immortal, sensitive to sunlight. Needs human blood to sustain themselves. Has the ability to glide, heals quickly. Can only be killed by stakes, decapitation, werewolf bite and intense UV exposure.. Change involves being bitten by a vampire and drinking their blood, the human body has to die in order to change, but the change isn't guaranteed.

Werewolves: Immortal, shifts uncontrollably on the full moon. The more they fight their shift, the more feral they are in the beast form. Weak to wolfsbane and silver, sensitive to high pitched noises and high voltage electricity. Can shift whenever they like into a bipedal wolf beast. Have their consciousness when shifted, but it's weakened on the full moon. Can be killed by large doses of wolfsbane, decapitation, vampire venom and silver poisoning. Can change humans with a bite, but only an alpha. A bite from a non alpha will result in death

Witches: Not immortal, able to use magical powers. As magical powers are used more often, the more toll it has on its user, pulling away from their overall stamina. Magical spells take time to invoke, so they are weak against fast and immediate attacks. Witches can be killed by any normal means of killing (buckets of water don't happen to work here, sorry). Witches can use spells whenever they like, but the cost that comes to themselves is something they really need to watch out for. Witches are essentially normal humans with some magicky magic.

• 1. Obviously all Iwaku rules apply here. I do consider this an adult roleplay, because it will explore darker themes, such as murder and sacrifice. All main characters will be between the ages of 16-18, at least in appearance.

2. I'm not going to tell you to do anything crazy, but GMs word is law. Please respect that, and your fellow roleplayers! I love drama, but it needs to stay IC. No bickering, no arguing. If you have an issue, come to me and I will do my best to solve it.

3. To be apart of this roleplay and to continue participating, you must post at the very least once a week. Failure to do so may result in your removal in the roleplay. What happens to your character is left to the GMs. If you're going to be away, please just let me know, so that I can make plans for your characters absence. If you need to drop, lemme know! I might even let you come back if you want.

4. All posts need to be at at least two full sized paragraphs, with minimal typos. Nobody is perfect, obv. So I won't hound you about it, unless there are a lot of typos often.

5. No Mary Sues or Gary Stues. Be reasonable with your character creation, and be sensible when writing their strengths, abilities, and weaknesses.

6. You are encouraged and expected to be able to help move your own individual stories along, as well as contribute to the plot in small or big ways.

7. There will be mature themes, but there will be no sexin' in the IC thread...or OOC thread. If two redstars or bluestars want to take it to the PMs I have no issue with that, but please fade to black otherwise, before it gets too steamy.

8. Be consistent. Consistent with your characters personality, and with your posting! Just be consistent. :)

• Name:

Birthday: (It just seems easier than asking the age of every species separately. So, how long has your OC been alive...er, undead? All main characters will be between the ages of 16-18, for now, except vampires. Vampires, no older than 200, and the older they are, the less time they've spent in Roseburn.)

Species: (Human, Vampire, Werewolf, Witch)

Height:

Weight:

Grade: (10-12 Year 2-4)

Personality: (Three sentences minimum giving a basic overview of your character's personality.)

Positive Traits:
    (Top three personality traits that your OC will exhibit the most.)

Negative Traits:
    (Top four traits that your OC shows during negative situations.)

Strengths:
    (Can be physical or mental.)

Weaknesses:
    (Can be physical or mental. Must have at least three, not relating to your species.)

Skills:
    (A maximum of five skills that your OC has regardless of species. Please be specific!)

Gift:
    (Applicable to Witches, Werewolves, and Vampires only. Vampires may choose between speed, strength, charm, and aura(hypnosis), meaning they're better than average in that category. Werewolves will choose between, control, speed, strength, stamina, and intelligence. Witches will place their affinity/element here. Witches are expected to elaborate on their gift. One max.)

Gift Description:
    (Witches are expected to elaborate on their gifts, as well as listing strengths and weaknesses relating to their gift. Vampires and Werewolves, please explain how they fare in categories other than the gift you've chosen for them.)

Attitude:
    (Can just put like or dislike.)
    Humans:

Werewolves:

Vampires:

Witches:

Bio:
    (At least five sentences discussing their life before, or after their stay in Roseburn. Can also discuss present time!)

Sample post:
    (Can be anything. Must be at least two paragraphs.)

Relationships:
    (Optional)

Extra Info:
    (Optional)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Saber
>:(

Last edited:
wow thats a great idea youre a genius sometimes saber
[spoili]EDIT: okay so i didnt mean to write it like that, that is a vestige of my testing my CS formatting and it is too funny to me to not keep[/spoili]

• Love
Reactions: Saber
Sailor...you're about to get a 'you need a hug' rating...

and yes @Random I can sometimes be a genius.

I've got my character sheet all ready to go after a couple hours of coding <3

Edit: So excited to bring in my witchy girl *o*

I've got my character sheet all ready to go after a couple hours of coding <3

Edit: So excited to bring in my witchy girl *o*

I'm going to make a character index so you can post her there. But if it isn't up soon enough you can submit it in the interest check(not the ooc plz) Totally up to you :)

Last edited:
@Sailor Moon
I'll go ahead and link what i have for her to the interest check and then post her in the character index once that's up <3

• Thank You
Reactions: envogue
Heyooo. I would just like to thank Moon for getting me back into writing. *nervous laugh*

• Love
Reactions: envogue
Hey guys! Juniper is a new student so She won't have any relations to anyone. If you want to plan something for the future please let me know in a PC. Thanks! :)

• Love
Reactions: Lockheart
Most of our conversations will be taking place in discord. @Lockheart I am also doing reviews there, so please join so that I can talk with you about your character. If you would prefer, we can do it on iwaku in private. Thanks.

Hey Sailor, sorry about this but I'm going to have to pull from this. I just been promoted at work - which changed my work hours. Looks like I'm not going to have as much time on my hands as before, so I'm having to leave the RPs that haven't started yet... and possibly more. :hissyfit: Makes me want to reconsider accepting the gig... but gotta love the pay!

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Thank You
Reactions: Esmeray and envogue
Hey Sailor, sorry about this but I'm going to have to pull from this. I just been promoted at work - which changed my work hours. Looks like I'm not going to have as much time on my hands as before, so I'm having to leave the RPs that haven't started yet... and possibly more. :hissyfit: Makes me want to reconsider accepting the gig... but gotta love the pay!

That's okay! Congrats and thanks for showing interest :)

Reactions: Phi Chisym
*reads OOC like advised*

So I have a question, could I possibly make two characters? They would be twins, a witch and a warlock. Also for witches could characters share the same elemental affinity? As for the elements would they be the basic, Fire, Water, Earth, Air? Or could I also incorporate Spirit as well? I was thinking one having an affinity in water, primarily ice. The other in spirit and they would focus on divination and other spiritual based magic. Though if spirit is not claimable I will most likely have that twin focus on earth, primarily plant's and such. I was going to join the discord to ask but I figured I would wait on if my character/s were approved or not.

*reads OOC like advised*

So I have a question, could I possibly make two characters? They would be twins, a witch and a warlock. Also for witches could characters share the same elemental affinity? As for the elements would they be the basic, Fire, Water, Earth, Air? Or could I also incorporate Spirit as well? I was thinking one having an affinity in water, primarily ice. The other in spirit and they would focus on divination and other spiritual based magic. Though if spirit is not claimable I will most likely have that twin focus on earth, primarily plant's and such. I was going to join the discord to ask but I figured I would wait on if my character/s were approved or not.

Hello! I appreciate the interest but I am no longer accepting witches. We're at capacity for them and I need vampires and werewolves if I were to accept any other characters that's what they would be.

• Useful
Reactions: Celestial Scorpio
Hello! I appreciate the interest but I am no longer accepting witches. We're at capacity for them and I need vampires and werewolves if I were to accept any other characters that's what they would be.
Not a problem, I could make a character or two, one being a vampire, the other a werewolf. Unless you'd prefer I stick to one.

Nooooooooooooo!

• Love
Reactions: Phi Chisym
I know! Don't make me cry, Lockheart.

We'll always have the circus! LOL!

• Love
Reactions: Lockheart
Status
Not open for further replies.