Rise of the Runelords Side Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man stared at Isabella with such disdain that it was as if she'd asked him if the sky was supposed to fall any time soon.

"I see. And do you have an appointment, miss...?"​
Isabella
@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Isabella flushed a little red realizing that she had left out some important details when she had spoken.

"No sir... I don't..." She said, then paused for a moment.

It appeared that she was trying to gather her words together a little before she spoke again.

"But, you see... I am Isabella Valdemar... And... I'd very much like it if I could pay my Grandfather a visit." She added politely.

Her time spent away from home meant she never showed her face around her own house as much as she should have... But, now that she was here, she wondered if she should play the place more frequent visits, or at the very least... Stop by Sandpoint to pay it a visit again every now and then whenever she resumed her travels.​

Norah's head slowly poked out of the weeds and rocks, its eyeless face nonetheless honed in on Sabine's as it slowly swam forward and bonked on the glass. Whatever it planned on saying back lost to the gargle of the water, thought it definitely had something to do with food
"No I am not. Though I am buyin', f'it suits your pleasure."

She didn't have to stoop much to regard the glass, but did nonetheless, one hand rising to hold the cigar between two fingers. Her other hand remained clutched at her belt, the leather padded and heavy enough to register when she moved without being too much of a problem. Idly, she blew a perfect smoke ring, watching it rise and dissipate with an absent stare.

"Don't suppose you'd be much for fish stew. Norah, isn't it?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

While Sabine played Fish Whisperer with the Hagfish(gruesome thing that it was), Rackham tapped his hook in thought. Serial killings? Accidents? Connected to the fire, or something more? From what little they had gotten in regards to the plundered tomb, those old bones had been for a stern personage...Perhaps he wasn't all he was cracked up to be? But even as he thought it, Rackham realized something else about all this.

Whoever had done it had to be connected to the town and someone who knew of the body, a singular priest in a town in the middle of nowhere. Someone who knew to go directly for the tomb, someone for whom it was personal...Could the priest have been the serial killer?

If so, what did that bode, if anything? He had to know more. He made a mental note to talk to the sheriff but for now? He grinned and played the able seaman as he toasted.

"Yer a right gem, Jargie! An' its Rackham to me mates! By the way, whats with the bag by Norah? Setting out 'er dowry?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @OrlandoBloomers
Jargie's eyes lit up at the question, and he cackled as he shook his head. "Nothin a' the sort, nothin a' the sort, no amount a' coin would let me give up ol' Norah to anyone else. That is the purse for the 'Agfish Challenge!" He said with a wicked grin as a soup spoon poked over the serving counter to point at one of the walls, where a few names had bee scratched into it. "There's the brave few who've gone fer the challenge and won, though many more 'ave paid tribute an' failed. Tis a simple thing, but monumental all the same; a brave soul gets an empty tankard, fills it will the water from ol' Norah's tank, and has to swig it all in one go without tossin' his breakfast! One silver to try, an' all the silvers of those who've fallen 'afore as the reward."
"No I am not. Though I am buyin', f'it suits your pleasure."

She didn't have to stoop much to regard the glass, but did nonetheless, one hand rising to hold the cigar between two fingers. Her other hand remained clutched at her belt, the leather padded and heavy enough to register when she moved without being too much of a problem. Idly, she blew a perfect smoke ring, watching it rise and dissipate with an absent stare.

"Don't suppose you'd be much for fish stew. Norah, isn't it?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
The hagfish slithered backwards with a small hiss at the ring of smoke, but a reply gargled out a few seconds after.

"Fish are food too. Food?"

-------------------------------------------------------------
Isabella
@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Isabella flushed a little red realizing that she had left out some important details when she had spoken.

"No sir... I don't..." She said, then paused for a moment.

It appeared that she was trying to gather her words together a little before she spoke again.

"But, you see... I am Isabella Valdemar... And... I'd very much like it if I could pay my Grandfather a visit." She added politely.

Her time spent away from home meant she never showed her face around her own house as much as she should have... But, now that she was here, she wondered if she should play the place more frequent visits, or at the very least... Stop by Sandpoint to pay it a visit again every now and then whenever she resumed her travels.​
"..."

The man frown deepened even as his eyes widened, and for a few seconds he stood frozen there as Isabella could see the gears turning inside his head.

"...I see. If you would like to wait inside, miss Valdemar." he finally said as he stepped aside and waved her in with a bow. The foyer was just as put together as the outside, with the walls a soothing beige and a pair of winding stairs leading up to the higher floors. The butler led her to a door in between the stairs that led to a small sitting room, and with a bow told her that he would fetch the master in a moment. The sitting room was small but well furnished,with a pair of couches on either side of a table and a trio of bookshelves taking up three of the walls. The last wall was two large windows flanking an unlit fireplace, with their view opening up to the bay below.

Despite his claim of a few moments, it was a good ten minutes until the butler returned. He opened the door and walked back out again for a moment, before he came back in carefully guiding a much older man into the room. The man's skin was pale and veined, buried under thick warm robes despite the spring warmth of the day. His white hair was barely in existence, only small wisps on parts of his head, and his face was gaunt. But his eyes were a sharp and piercing green that were focused and calm even as the long lost grandchild his son was seen, and after the butler helped him settle into the couch he stared at her for a few seconds before speaking.

"Isabella. What brings you back to Sandpoint from you're... 'wanderings'?" He asked with a calm and sturdy tone.

----------------------------------------------

One of the disadvantages of being a newcomer in Sandspoint? Not not knowing much about the people or the places around town. It wasn't long before she realized she lost track of the pair. But if there's one thing she's good at it's getting information from others. It was a simple matter of sprucing yourself up and searching for a lad to point her the way. It wasn't something she was proud of, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

Lucky for her, her name is fairly popular around here. All it took was the right target and the man told her where she might be. With a quiet thank you and a slight shove to keep him off, she was well on her way to find them...
A sigh of relief escaped him as she realized the same danger that he was worried over and went along with his suggestion. A playful yet also sweet and hopefully endearing smile of his own came to his lips as he nodded in agreement, "Yes, I recall someone else mentioning vermin there! I am glad you are in agreement, Miss..." He paused for a moment, realizing that he had no name but Vender to call her by. Such a name did not seem personal enough though, not for what they were about to engage in.

"Though before we go, might I inquire as to the name of my lovely companion?" Suddenly, he began to feel more at ease with the situation, able to speak without stuttering as he continued to smirk at her, "It wouldn't be right to not know your name with the connection between us now."
"Well aren't you the proper gentleman?" She said with a sultry smirk as she shook her hair out and continued. "You can call me Shayliss, hero. And I'd say there's not been enough connecting yet, if you catch my meaning" she added before she snatched his hand and made to pull him away.

But not before Destinie caught sight of them again, in time to follow them back around the corner and onto the street that led out of town​

Jargie's eyes lit up at the question, and he cackled as he shook his head. "Nothin a' the sort, nothin a' the sort, no amount a' coin would let me give up ol' Norah to anyone else. That is the purse for the 'Agfish Challenge!" He said with a wicked grin as a soup spoon poked over the serving counter to point at one of the walls, where a few names had bee scratched into it. "There's the brave few who've gone fer the challenge and won, though many more 'ave paid tribute an' failed. Tis a simple thing, but monumental all the same; a brave soul gets an empty tankard, fills it will the water from ol' Norah's tank, and has to swig it all in one go without tossin' his breakfast! One silver to try, an' all the silvers of those who've fallen 'afore as the reward."

The hagfish slithered backwards with a small hiss at the ring of smoke, but a reply gargled out a few seconds after.

"..."

The man frown deepened even as his eyes widened, and for a few seconds he stood frozen there as Isabella could see the gears turning inside his head.

"...I see. If you would like to wait inside, miss Valdemar." he finally said as he stepped aside and waved her in with a bow. The foyer was just as put together as the outside, with the walls a soothing beige and a pair of winding stairs leading up to the higher floors. The butler led her to a door in between the stairs that led to a small sitting room, and with a bow told her that he would fetch the master in a moment. The sitting room was small but well furnished,with a pair of couches on either side of a table and a trio of bookshelves taking up three of the walls. The last wall was two large windows flanking an unlit fireplace, with their view opening up to the bay below.

Despite his claim of a few moments, it was a good ten minutes until the butler returned. He opened the door and walked back out again for a moment, before he came back in carefully guiding a much older man into the room. The man's skin was pale and veined, buried under thick warm robes despite the spring warmth of the day. His white hair was barely in existence, only small wisps on parts of his head, and his face was gaunt. But his eyes were a sharp and piercing green that were focused and calm even as the long lost grandchild his son was seen, and after the butler helped him settle into the couch he stared at her for a few seconds before speaking.

"Isabella. What brings you back to Sandpoint from you're... 'wanderings'?" He asked with a calm and sturdy tone.

"Well aren't you the proper gentleman?" She said with a sultry smirk as she shook her hair out and continued. "You can call me Shayliss, hero. And I'd say there's not been enough connecting yet, if you catch my meaning" she added before she snatched his hand and made to pull him away.

But not before Destinie caught sight of them again, in time to follow them back around the corner and onto the street that led out of town​
"Well, it's only right to be polite with such a beautiful lass who requires my help..." Mathias responded before blushing at her comment about connecting, his eyes widening as his hand was taken without a scream or a fright from the girl. As she pulled him out and into the streets, he couldn't help but love the feeling of contact, of his hand and its few scales being touched without any fear. The blush was only becoming deeper as they were pulled onto the street to leave town, his stutter returning as he noticed a blonde head of hair watching them, hoping she didn't hear, "T-Though with how connected we're about to be, Miss Sh-Shayliss, I don't know how long I'll be able to remain well-behaved with a woman quite like you..."

While he allowed the fiery redhead to guide him along the path, he made sure to keep up and at her side as often he could. Perhaps Destinie would realize that her friend had managed to collect himself and avoid the more dangerous parts of this entanglement...

It took a bit, but it appeared that she had at least caught up with the two of them at... only to see her run off with him once more. [BCOLOR=#000000]Just how does she get all this energy from? From what she saw, the woman was was only getting started, whisking him away before she could reach them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Which left her with two options. She could just leave him with her. Mathias did look more comfortable with himself in the short time she got a glimpse of him. But then guilt settled in on her. She did let him on to go with the woman. If something happened to him it would be on her watch. Which that assessment she decided to tag along for now. She made sure not to be spotted by the woman... at least just yet. Funny how she has now become his watchful eye...[/BCOLOR]

"....."

He grinned widely. It was a stupid idea to do, but well....The extra coin would be nice.

"Put me down for one swig of that swill. I'm feeling lucky today."

A nonchalant shrug, as the talk at the bar continued behind her unabated.

"I'll drop some bits in for you to munch on, but I was wonderin' something first." Her voice lowered slightly, less likely to be overheard. If there was anyone dumb enough to bother listening in on a conversation with a hagfish, anyway. "You see many who came before try to drink the water from your tank? There a trick to it? Remember any of the winnin' strategies? If I can get a whole flagon of it down, way I see it I won't have much appetite left in me. Meanin' all of my food would be yours."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster

"..."

"Isabella. What brings you back to Sandpoint from you're... 'wanderings'?" He asked with a calm and sturdy tone.​
Isabella
@Schnee Corp Lawyer

It felt good to be home again... Even if she had gotten a little unacustomed to the environment within the Valdemar house, Isabella still felt a little at ease here. She sat there in the sitting room for a good ten minutes, but, to her, it felt like just a few mere moments as she reflected on the time she had spent here in her childhood. The days before she was finally told the truth about her mother's otherworldly origins.

She was but a young child then, who had a peculiar interest in arcane knowledge, and some remarkable charisma during the experience she had with trading, even if she was a little... Dull at times, usually having issues picking up on little things she was doing that either came off as weird, or simply did not have the effect she intended.

While this got better with age, and she was able to iron out the worst of her flaws, they still made their way into her day to day life here and there.

When the butler finally arrived, guiding a much older man into the room... Isabella was quick to snap out of her thoughts, sitting up straight as she tried to look a bit more formal than before.

Seeing his frailer appearance... And, apparent gauntness caused her to avert her eyes briefly, mostly out of guilt. She still felt terrible about having neglected visiting sooner than she should have, but nevertheless, she made sure to make eye contact and... Even smile a little, when she responded to her Grandfather.

"Well... Coincidence, sir..." She said honestly, shifting in her seat a little.

That certainly didn't come out right... But... Well, it was the truth, maybe it was fate... Or just a mere chance, but her wanderings had ended up leading her straight to the Swallowtail Festival, and by extension... Home.​

"Well, it's only right to be polite with such a beautiful lass who requires my help..." Mathias responded before blushing at her comment about connecting, his eyes widening as his hand was taken without a scream or a fright from the girl. As she pulled him out and into the streets, he couldn't help but love the feeling of contact, of his hand and its few scales being touched without any fear. The blush was only becoming deeper as they were pulled onto the street to leave town, his stutter returning as he noticed a blonde head of hair watching them, hoping she didn't hear, "T-Though with how connected we're about to be, Miss Sh-Shayliss, I don't know how long I'll be able to remain well-behaved with a woman quite like you..."

While he allowed the fiery redhead to guide him along the path, he made sure to keep up and at her side as often he could. Perhaps Destinie would realize that her friend had managed to collect himself and avoid the more dangerous parts of this entanglement...
It took a bit, but it appeared that she had at least caught up with the two of them at... only to see her run off with him once more. [BCOLOR=#000000]Just how does she get all this energy from? From what she saw, the woman was was only getting started, whisking him away before she could reach them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Which left her with two options. She could just leave him with her. Mathias did look more comfortable with himself in the short time she got a glimpse of him. But then guilt settled in on her. She did let him on to go with the woman. If something happened to him it would be on her watch. Which that assessment she decided to tag along for now. She made sure not to be spotted by the woman... at least just yet. Funny how she has now become his watchful eye...[/BCOLOR]
And so the duo and their tail set off down the streets towards the edge of town and across the southern bridge, off towards the Old Light. They saw it well before they reached it, a chunk of cylindrical stone that, despite its massive height, had clearly been shattered in ages past. Who knew how tall it had been in those days, but legends speak of a tower that spewed fire in the name of an ancient warlord, one that warred with its neighbor for hundreds of years before the cataclysm rocked Golarian.

Shayliss didn't know about all that but she did know that it gave some nice shade from the noon-day sun, and that few people except the oddball wizard or smarmy archeologist ever bothered to wander this far out of town. Mathias soon learned that too, as Shayliss was keen to inform him as they neared the clearing near the massive structure. Out of the quiet bustle of the city, Destinie heard it pretty clearly as well, assuming she hadn't broken off once they left the village streets.

----------------------------------------------------------
"....."

He grinned widely. It was a stupid idea to do, but well....The extra coin would be nice.

"Put me down for one swig of that swill. I'm feeling lucky today."

A nonchalant shrug, as the talk at the bar continued behind her unabated.

"I'll drop some bits in for you to munch on, but I was wonderin' something first." Her voice lowered slightly, less likely to be overheard. If there was anyone dumb enough to bother listening in on a conversation with a hagfish, anyway. "You see many who came before try to drink the water from your tank? There a trick to it? Remember any of the winnin' strategies? If I can get a whole flagon of it down, way I see it I won't have much appetite left in me. Meanin' all of my food would be yours."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Ringmaster
Jargie gave a booming laugh and nodded, "Just gimme a minute t'finish the stew an' I'll set you up proper like. Ey boys, got another hopeful fer the Hagfish challenge!" A ripple of laughter passed through the tavern's other occupants, and a few minutes later Sabine and Rackham both got their stew, and Rackham was given a flagon with a line etched into the inside of the wood.

"Fill up t' the line, an remember, chug in one go!"
Isabella
@Schnee Corp Lawyer

It felt good to be home again... Even if she had gotten a little unacustomed to the environment within the Valdemar house, Isabella still felt a little at ease here. She sat there in the sitting room for a good ten minutes, but, to her, it felt like just a few mere moments as she reflected on the time she had spent here in her childhood. The days before she was finally told the truth about her mother's otherworldly origins.

She was but a young child then, who had a peculiar interest in arcane knowledge, and some remarkable charisma during the experience she had with trading, even if she was a little... Dull at times, usually having issues picking up on little things she was doing that either came off as weird, or simply did not have the effect she intended.

While this got better with age, and she was able to iron out the worst of her flaws, they still made their way into her day to day life here and there.

When the butler finally arrived, guiding a much older man into the room... Isabella was quick to snap out of her thoughts, sitting up straight as she tried to look a bit more formal than before.

Seeing his frailer appearance... And, apparent gauntness caused her to avert her eyes briefly, mostly out of guilt. She still felt terrible about having neglected visiting sooner than she should have, but nevertheless, she made sure to make eye contact and... Even smile a little, when she responded to her Grandfather.

"Well... Coincidence, sir..." She said honestly, shifting in her seat a little.

That certainly didn't come out right... But... Well, it was the truth, maybe it was fate... Or just a mere chance, but her wanderings had ended up leading her straight to the Swallowtail Festival, and by extension... Home.​
"Coincidence." He said flatly. He stared for a few seconds longer, before he sighed and nodded. "I see. Well, the house is open to you if you need a place to stay, my grandchild. But unless you intend to assist with the affairs of the house, I-" He suddenly leaned over with a violent hacking cough, the butler hesitantly stepping forward but stopping as he was waved off. "...I must be getting back to work. The Scarnetti increased their prices _again_ this year, and unless I can twist Titus' arm to lower it it will be a sparse season for our workers. Tralt?" He said with a glance to the bulter, who nodded and moved to help Valdemar Sr. stand.​

And so the duo and their tail set off down the streets towards the edge of town and across the southern bridge, off towards the Old Light. They saw it well before they reached it, a chunk of cylindrical stone that, despite its massive height, had clearly been shattered in ages past. Who knew how tall it had been in those days, but legends speak of a tower that spewed fire in the name of an ancient warlord, one that warred with its neighbor for hundreds of years before the cataclysm rocked Golarian.

Shayliss didn't know about all that but she did know that it gave some nice shade from the noon-day sun, and that few people except the oddball wizard or smarmy archeologist ever bothered to wander this far out of town. Mathias soon learned that too, as Shayliss was keen to inform him as they neared the clearing near the massive structure. Out of the quiet bustle of the city, Destinie heard it pretty clearly as well, assuming she hadn't broken off once they left the village streets.

Jargie gave a booming laugh and nodded, "Just gimme a minute t'finish the stew an' I'll set you up proper like. Ey boys, got another hopeful fer the Hagfish challenge!" A ripple of laughter passed through the tavern's other occupants, and a few minutes later Sabine and Rackham both got their stew, and Rackham was given a flagon with a line etched into the inside of the wood.

"Fill up t' the line, an remember, chug in one go!"

"Coincidence." He said flatly. He stared for a few seconds longer, before he sighed and nodded. "I see. Well, the house is open to you if you need a place to stay, my grandchild. But unless you intend to assist with the affairs of the house, I-" He suddenly leaned over with a violent hacking cough, the butler hesitantly stepping forward but stopping as he was waved off. "...I must be getting back to work. The Scarnetti increased their prices _again_ this year, and unless I can twist Titus' arm to lower it it will be a sparse season for our workers. Tralt?" He said with a glance to the bulter, who nodded and moved to help Valdemar Sr. stand.​
Mathias marveled at the destroyed structure, impressed by its sheer height that seemed to dwarf every other structure in the nearby town. It almost seemed greater than even the Irespan that dominated the skyline of Magnimar, the structure that the Underbridge district lived in the shadow of. For a moment, the young tiefling wondered if perhaps Thassilon, the imperial civilization that had built the Irespan, had also constructed this monument. However, his attention was soon back on the woman guiding him to the monument, her words ringing in his head. All alone with one of the most beautiful girls he had ever seen, and certainly the most beautiful of the ones that decided to deign themselves and speak to him...

The nervousness returned then, wonderings in his mind making him question why she had chosen him. "Shayliss, before we do this..." His voice was weak for a moment, obviously not certain of his own question, "Can I... Why did you choose me of all people for this?" He paused for a moment, waiting for a response, before realizing that perhaps it had come out the wrong way, "N-Not that I don't enjoy the idea of helping you, but... Somehow, I feel like you could have anyone you wished if you put your mind to it... So why something like me?"

It was a sight to behold for sure. She nearly forgot just how many lost structures this Varisia has. It was part of the reason she found it difficult to leave the area. There was more than enough places to explore for a lifetime. It would certainly have been a better life than her current life, but she brushed those thoughts behind as she continued to follow them.​

All that thinking almost caused her to forget it was going to be increasingly difficult for her to hide from their sight... but if she circled around the tower, she might be able to approach them from the opposite side without being seen. Of course this also meant she had to completely rely on their voices to know where they were.

Isabella
@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Yeesh, this wasn't working out as she'd hoped... And Isabella felt quite horrible; she appeared to have lost her grip a little with the whole social etiquette thing. However, she seemed to snap out of her social rut once her grandfather made a motion to get up, finally finding the words she was looking for.

"Wait! Let me!" She exclaimed suddenly, rushing over to help her grandfather up in place of the Butler.

Thinking more on the whole thing, she realized it couldn't hurt to... Help out around here, at least for a while. Besides, she probably needed to dust off her old skills, incase she needed them again some day.

"And I... Am willing to help out while I'm here..." She added quietly.

It was the least she could do to make up for her absense; though she was not looking to profess in trading or anything... Perhaps she could at least help her house out of a bit of a rut with the Scarnetti house.​

Rackham dipped the cup in and started his swig. It was by far the foulest thing that he'd put into his mouth, regardless of his trips upon the sea. Like rancid, slimey diahrea, right after someone ate an awful batch of sea food. His eyes burned, a few dozen nose hairs died, and and about three quarters of the way through the tankard his stomach made an executive decision that this was going to be the end of that.

A few seconds after that, and the rancid slimey water along with whatever else he'd eaten in a few hours came gurgling back up his windpipe and onto the floor as the improptu crowd roared with laughter.

@OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster

-----------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------
Mathias marveled at the destroyed structure, impressed by its sheer height that seemed to dwarf every other structure in the nearby town. It almost seemed greater than even the Irespan that dominated the skyline of Magnimar, the structure that the Underbridge district lived in the shadow of. For a moment, the young tiefling wondered if perhaps Thassilon, the imperial civilization that had built the Irespan, had also constructed this monument. However, his attention was soon back on the woman guiding him to the monument, her words ringing in his head. All alone with one of the most beautiful girls he had ever seen, and certainly the most beautiful of the ones that decided to deign themselves and speak to him...

The nervousness returned then, wonderings in his mind making him question why she had chosen him. "Shayliss, before we do this..." His voice was weak for a moment, obviously not certain of his own question, "Can I... Why did you choose me of all people for this?" He paused for a moment, waiting for a response, before realizing that perhaps it had come out the wrong way, "N-Not that I don't enjoy the idea of helping you, but... Somehow, I feel like you could have anyone you wished if you put your mind to it... So why something like me?"
It was a sight to behold for sure. She nearly forgot just how many lost structures this Varisia has. It was part of the reason she found it difficult to leave the area. There was more than enough places to explore for a lifetime. It would certainly have been a better life than her current life, but she brushed those thoughts behind as she continued to follow them.​

All that thinking almost caused her to forget it was going to be increasingly difficult for her to hide from their sight... but if she circled around the tower, she might be able to approach them from the opposite side without being seen. Of course this also meant she had to completely rely on their voices to know where they were.
She looked surprised he even asked as she made to pull him down to the ground. "Cuz your one a' the heroes of Sandpoint, you daft devil person! and I just want to make sure you're very properly thanked"

And unless he took offense to that, the scene progressed as one expected from there. With Destinie left to her own devices of how voyeuristic she was feeling : |

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------

Isabella
@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Yeesh, this wasn't working out as she'd hoped... And Isabella felt quite horrible; she appeared to have lost her grip a little with the whole social etiquette thing. However, she seemed to snap out of her social rut once her grandfather made a motion to get up, finally finding the words she was looking for.

"Wait! Let me!" She exclaimed suddenly, rushing over to help her grandfather up in place of the Butler.

Thinking more on the whole thing, she realized it couldn't hurt to... Help out around here, at least for a while. Besides, she probably needed to dust off her old skills, incase she needed them again some day.

"And I... Am willing to help out while I'm here..." She added quietly.

It was the least she could do to make up for her absense; though she was not looking to profess in trading or anything... Perhaps she could at least help her house out of a bit of a rut with the Scarnetti house.​
"Are you now?" Her grandfather said with a small chuckle, as the butler stood there in completely affronted shock as his most important task was stolen.

"...Perhaps... Yes. I have at least one thing you can assist me with. But for now, just take me up to my study"​

Rackham dipped the cup in and started his swig. It was by far the foulest thing that he'd put into his mouth, regardless of his trips upon the sea. Like rancid, slimey diahrea, right after someone ate an awful batch of sea food. His eyes burned, a few dozen nose hairs died, and and about three quarters of the way through the tankard his stomach made an executive decision that this was going to be the end of that.

A few seconds after that, and the rancid slimey water along with whatever else he'd eaten in a few hours came gurgling back up his windpipe and onto the floor as the improptu crowd roared with laughter.

As soon as he got his lungs back and wiped his mouth, he saw the funny side and laughed, shaking his head. To the crowd, he made a gesture of 'whatcha gonna do?'

"Sorry about your floor! Tasted like the last woman I went down on!"

@OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer

As soon as he got his lungs back and wiped his mouth, he saw the funny side and laughed, shaking his head. To the crowd, he made a gesture of 'whatcha gonna do?'

"Sorry about your floor! Tasted like the last woman I went down on!"

@OrlandoBloomers @Schnee Corp Lawyer
"A good number of years ago, 'f that line's any measure." Sabine hazed drolly, though more in a neutral way than with any actual disapproval for his choice of words as she flicked her own coin of silver across to the barkeep. "Be givin' me one of those flagons now, won't ya? One of us has to uphold our heroic reputation."

She made sure to give the puddle of sick on the floor a wide berth. And to ignore the faint scent of moonshine.

@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer

"Are you now?" Her grandfather said with a small chuckle, as the butler stood there in completely affronted shock as his most important task was stolen.

"...Perhaps... Yes. I have at least one thing you can assist me with. But for now, just take me up to my study"​
Isabella

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

Isabella nodded, giving the Butler a slightly guilty sideglance.

She didn't exactly intend on intruding on his job or anyhting, but... Well, she felt she was far overdue for giving her grandfather a helping hand... Or heck, her family in general.

"Of... Of course, sir..!" She said... Directing her full attention on helping her grandfather to his study for now.

While she was still familiar with the family trade, Isabella couldn't help but feel at least a little nervous; how had her skills fared over the years she had wandered? Would she be able to pull off whatever task awaited her?​

-----------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------

She looked surprised he even asked as she made to pull him down to the ground. "Cuz your one a' the heroes of Sandpoint, you daft devil person! and I just want to make sure you're very properly thanked"

And unless he took offense to that, the scene progressed as one expected from there. With Destinie left to her own devices of how voyeuristic she was feeling : |

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------

After a rather anti-climatic expedition to hunt boars with the nobleman Aldern Foxglove the next day, Mathias could be found wandering through the streets of Sandpoint, wearing a lighthearted smile wherever he went. It didn't matter if everyone glared at him for his horns or skin, or if they all praised him for being a hero of Sandpoint. Right now, all he cared about was the thought of the beautiful young woman who had made his entire visit to the town worth any trouble it had brought.

"I know it was around here somewhere..." His eyes peered around the corner of the street, trying to locate the store he wanted. Vin had said he could come by anytime, and him having an important question seemed like the best time to visit. "Aha, there it is!" His eyes lit up with joy as he found the general store once again, his feet carrying him quickly across the dirt street to the entrance of the establishment.

He paused a moment to collect himself and his courage, to make sure he was ready to go through with this. Then, with a shaking hand, the inquisitor pushed the door open and poked his head in, "Mister Vinder, sir? Are you in?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer

"A good number of years ago, 'f that line's any measure." Sabine hazed drolly, though more in a neutral way than with any actual disapproval for his choice of words as she flicked her own coin of silver across to the barkeep. "Be givin' me one of those flagons now, won't ya? One of us has to uphold our heroic reputation."

She made sure to give the puddle of sick on the floor a wide berth. And to ignore the faint scent of moonshine.
It did not go well

@OrlandoBloomers
After a rather anti-climatic expedition to hunt boars with the nobleman Aldern Foxglove the next day, Mathias could be found wandering through the streets of Sandpoint, wearing a lighthearted smile wherever he went. It didn't matter if everyone glared at him for his horns or skin, or if they all praised him for being a hero of Sandpoint. Right now, all he cared about was the thought of the beautiful young woman who had made his entire visit to the town worth any trouble it had brought.

"I know it was around here somewhere..." His eyes peered around the corner of the street, trying to locate the store he wanted. Vin had said he could come by anytime, and him having an important question seemed like the best time to visit. "Aha, there it is!" His eyes lit up with joy as he found the general store once again, his feet carrying him quickly across the dirt street to the entrance of the establishment.

He paused a moment to collect himself and his courage, to make sure he was ready to go through with this. Then, with a shaking hand, the inquisitor pushed the door open and poked his head in, "Mister Vinder, sir? Are you in?"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer
Vinder's store was much like its owner; Spartan and straightforward in its lack in decor but well built and and stocked. The door opened to a straight shot to the counter, where Ven was leaning on top of as he chewed some sort of leaves in his mouth. He didn't smile when Mathias came in, but there were only two young women in Sandpoint who ever saw that expression, and he didn't frown either. Just nodded to Mathias and drawled out a reply

"Afternoon. Need Somethin?"

@The tactician​

It did not go well

@OrlandoBloomers

Vinder's store was much like its owner; Spartan and straightforward in its lack in decor but well built and and stocked. The door opened to a straight shot to the counter, where Ven was leaning on top of as he chewed some sort of leaves in his mouth. He didn't smile when Mathias came in, but there were only two young women in Sandpoint who ever saw that expression, and he didn't frown either. Just nodded to Mathias and drawled out a reply

"Afternoon. Need Somethin?"

@The tactician​
Mathias took a moment to take in the store, appreciating the simplicity of it. Compared to the merchants and store owners back in Magnimar, Ven didn't seem to believe in the idea of appearance over substance in his business, and it was a welcome change in the inquisitor's mind. However, he soon refocused on the owner himself and gave him a nervous smile, nodding his head. "G-Good afternoon, Mister Vinder, and... in a way, yes, sir."

Making sure that he did not track any sort of mud or dirt into the store, the tiefling closed the door behind him. He didn't wish for anyone else to accidentally catch a hint of their conversation. "You see, sir..." He anxiously his hands together as he approached the tobacco chewing man at the counter, trying to maintain eye contact as best he could in his state, "Um, well, I had the pleasure of meeting your daughter, Shayliss, a day or two ago, and..."

Finally, the inquisitor managed to work up his courage and work out his request, willing to face rejection if need be, "I-I wanted to ask your permission to court her!"

"..."

"I mean, if that's alright with you..."

(Diplomacy?)

Mathias took a moment to take in the store, appreciating the simplicity of it. Compared to the merchants and store owners back in Magnimar, Ven didn't seem to believe in the idea of appearance over substance in his business, and it was a welcome change in the inquisitor's mind. However, he soon refocused on the owner himself and gave him a nervous smile, nodding his head. "G-Good afternoon, Mister Vinder, and... in a way, yes, sir."

Making sure that he did not track any sort of mud or dirt into the store, the tiefling closed the door behind him. He didn't wish for anyone else to accidentally catch a hint of their conversation. "You see, sir..." He anxiously his hands together as he approached the tobacco chewing man at the counter, trying to maintain eye contact as best he could in his state, "Um, well, I had the pleasure of meeting your daughter, Shayliss, a day or two ago, and..."

Finally, the inquisitor managed to work up his courage and work out his request, willing to face rejection if need be, "I-I wanted to ask your permission to court her!"

"..."

"I mean, if that's alright with you..."

(Diplomacy?)

The response was... nothing.

Every other sound in the shop was amplified by the distinct lack of it from Ven. The footsteps of the people on the street outside. One of them was trotting a horse somewhere, probably a messanger. The slight creak of the door as the midday breeze pushed against it. The faint sound of Ven's chewing as he stared. Mathias. Down.

Finally, he leaned over and spat the leaves into a bowl behind the counter, before he rolled his eyes back up to Mathias.

"No."

@The Myrmidion

((Diplo can be rolled, but heavily modified by how the conversation is going))​

Status
Not open for further replies.