Return to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth laid there awake for a few minutes until she concluded that he wasn't coming up. 'He must not remember...' Elizabeth closed her eyes and tried to fall asleep. She was just about to fall asleep when she heard the door close softly, followed by an arm over her waist. Elizabeth backed into him, pressing her body against his and pulled his arm around her, holding it. 'This feels so right...why after all of this do I still care for him the same.' Elizabeth laid there falling asleep and thinking, until she finally passed out.

Nick laid there quietly, tilting his head forward until his forehead was pressed against the nape of her neck. His breathing was uneven, shakey, and nervous. Why am I like this all of a sudden? Nothing's wrong....Everything is....perfect. He decided, still slightly confused about why the situation felt strange, yet normal at the same time. I wish I could stay like this.... were his final thoughts as he finally gave in to sleep.

Elizabeth stayed asleep all night. Her alarm went off around 5:30, this was just a warning alarm, letting her know she only had a half hour left, she didn't know why she set an alarm like that but she did. She rolled over and looked at Nick, gently shaking him. He was such a hard sleeper. "Nate, It's 5:30." Elizabeth said, shaking him again very weakly and falling back asleep. She wanted to lie there all day with him and just talk and be with him, but sadly school was today.

Nick slept soundly for the majority of the night, finally waking up when there was an alarm and a shake of his body. "Yeah? Huh? What's up?" Nick didn't know what was going on. He sat up in the bed and wiped his eyes, his hair was messed up from having tossed and turned in his sleep. He had a rather unpleasant dream of his failed suicide attempt, but the difference in the dream was that rather than it having been him, it was Elizabeth that was killing herself. His face and eyes were marked with tear stains.

Elizabeth felt him get up and she too was awoken by this. She looked up at him and saw that his face was wet. "Nick, oh my gosh are you okay?" Elizabeth wiped his eyes and hugged him. She didn't know why he had been crying but she didn't care. She wanted to comfort him. "did you have a bad dream?" Liz let go for a moment and looked at him in the eye's, a strange feeling came over her body and she wanted to kiss him. Realizing this she pulled away more and got out of bed. "I will go get you some tissues." Liz left the room and grabbed some tissues handing them to Nick. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah.... I have no idea what the fuck happened." Nick said with genuine shock in his voice. "It's probably a bad dream. It happens a lot." Nick grabbed the tissued and wiped his face off. The feeling that it left was disgusting and strange. All he knew is that he wanted to get a shower and change. "Hey. I had an idea. After I go home and shower, wanna go out for breakfast or something?" They'd never eaten breakfast together during the school week, he thought it was an interesting idea.

Elizabeth looked at him. "Uhm..it's 5:30...I normally get up at 6 and am ready by 7 and in time for school so I don't think we will have time...sorry." Liz wanted too, she wanted to skip school and just spend the day with Nick, just catching up and talking, but she felt like that would have to wait...a long time. They had already pushed it pretty far last night and this morning.

"Oh. Alright. That's fine then. Anyway, I think I'm going to head out. I'll see you at school." Nick smiled and gave her a quick hug before running down the stairs and out of the house. Nick got into his car and drove to his house. Finally, once he was there, he rushed up the stairs into his closet, and grabbed a t-shirt and jeans that he could wear that day and then rushed to the shower. Once he was done, he was back out the door again. He got into his car and drove towards the school, managing to make it on time as normal. He found his locker half-opened. Just the way he'd left it. Wow. That's right. I did drop everything and went after her. He inspected his locker and was satisfied to notice that there hadn't been anything stolen. He grabbed his books and replaced a few.

Elizabeth hugged him back and sat down on her bed after he had left. She debated whether or not she should even go to school. He mind was on a billion things and she couldn't think straight. She laid back down and fell asleep. She woke up to her 6 o'clock alarm and turned it off. She got up and showered and dress in sweat pants and a t-shirt, putting her hair in a messy bun. Her mind still on Nick, why did she feel so strange about him suddenly? Liz went and sat on her couch and sent a text to Luke 'Won't be there today, I feel bleck..sorry.' Luke responded with and okay and a sad face. Liz made some tea and sat on her couch with herself and her thoughts. Trying to sort her mind out.

Nick went through the day up until lunch and noticed that he hadn't seen Elizabeth once. In the middle of his class that proceeded lunch, Nick forced himself to throw up, which sent him to the nurse. The nurse said that he should go home and rest. Nick didn't argue, and packed his things, went to his car, and drove over to Elizabeth's house. It was roughly 1:20PM when he got to her house. He knocked on the door a few times and awaited a response. He wasn't mad at Elizabeth, but was concerned as to why she hadn't shown up.

Elizabeth sat on her couch most of the morning, she cried a few times and tried to sort through herself. 'Why is this so difficult. why don't I understand my own thoughts and feelings?' Elizabeth ended up crying herself into a nap and woke up again around 1:15. A few minutes later after just sitting there she heard the door knock and she got up and opened it, her face still red and dirty from her tears. When she saw Nick standing there she just stared at him. "Why aren't you at school?" Liz wiped her eyes and looked at him. her brain still going a thousand miles per hour. 'Do I love him, or did I just miss him more than I thought; Does he feel the same? Why is he here?'

"I could ask you the same question, but a more important one is why were you crying?" Nick had a sympathetic look on his face. He had a feeling that the two question correlated with each other, so regardless of whichever he asked...he was getting his answer. Why was she crying? Did something happen to her...? Here I was with plans to make our first day back to school as friends something great....and she stays at home crying. Poor girl... Nick grabbed her hand and held it in his.

Elizabeth stared down at him holding her hand and began to cry again, coming up with a bull crap excuse as to why. "I'm uhm, on my period...sorry. I just am feeling kinda under the weather." Elizabeth pulled her hand away and stepped into her house. "I'll be back tomorrow, don;t worry about me, I'm...I'm a tough girl." Elizabeth said as more tears streamed down her face. Her brain screaming at her, thoughts of Nick hurting himself because of how awful she had been to him. "Really, I'm great." Tears feel faster down her face and she tried to quickly wipe them away but was failing.

"I feel like you're lying to me, Liz. Your pulse just increased." He said, feeling it in her hand. "But you know what, I won't push it if you don't want me to. But the least you have to let me do is be here for you. Got it?" Nick said, giving off a tone in his voice that incenuated that he was not going to take "no" for an answer. He brought his hand up to the side of her face and wiped away the tears that were continuing to fall.

Elizabeth stepped back from him and nodded slowly, holding her arm close to her body. "O-okay." Liz closed the door behind him and slowly trudged back up the stairs and into her room plopping down on her bed and rubbing her face. Trying to hide the emotional pain and confusion she was in, forcing herself to hold in her tears.

Nick followed Elizabeth up to her room and sat down beside her. He wanted desperately to know what was going on with her, but he knew that prying wasn't the best....especially not after having only just become friends with her again. He felt that it wasn't his right nor place to be asking questions and demanding answers. Nick began to hum quietly while gently, and affectionately, rubbing her arm.

Elizabeth looked up at him. "What are you doing?" Nick was being strangely affectionate and it wasn't helping her mind come to ease at all. She didn't mind it, but she wanted to know what was up with him.

Nick furrowed his eyebrows together and looked at Elizabeth. "I'm just trying to relax you. Is it bothering you?" Nick stopped and took his hand away and rested both of his hands on his lap.

Elizabeth sat up on her elbows and looked at Nick. "Why though. I mean...think about it Nick. You said that you wanted to take things slow, yet you stay the night on the first day and then you leave school just to be with me and see if I am okay?" Elizabeth's mind on all of these things made her quick to anger. She wanted to rap her head around all of this and understand what was going on but she knew that wasn't going to be possible unless she knew what Nick was thinking as well. "You say you wanna take things slow, yet here we are right where we left and even a step ahead." Elizabeth sat up and sat with her legs Indian style and looked into Nick's eyes. "I hurt you Nick, I caused you to hurt yourself, to try to kill yourself, yet you are the one that came back to me. Why? Why, would you return to someone that hurt you so bad?" Elizabeth looked down at her legs. "I'm not worth your time...you deserve better Nick...so. much. better." Elizabeth's eyes began to water again and a tear fell from her eyes and onto her thing.

Nick stared down at his lap and cleared his throat uncomfortably. He had to think on all of this for a minute, all of these questions were so...sudden. "Well. I realize I said I wanted to take things slow, but that doesn't lessen my care for you at all. I have the same care for you that I did before the Summer. Just because what you did hurt me, doesn't make me care any less about you. I mean. There wasn't a single day I didn't regret my choice. I had a lot of time to myself. All of that time was spent thinking. Thinking about how much of an idiot I was and how you would probably never accept me back after what I said and did. I knew that I hurt you than you'd hurt me, and that didn't feel fair." He had to take a few deep breaths to keep from crying and to just keep speaking in general. "I came back to you because I know that I care for you still. I couldn't bear to live without my best friend. And what the hell do you mean I deserve better? There isn't anyone better. There isn't anyone who's been through every major point in my life like you have. Even now, the biggest point in my life. When I lost the person I cared the most for in the world. After I hurt her to unimaginable extents because of my stupid jealousy. You returned to me. I didn't deserve that. Hell. I deserved you to walk out on me like I had on you. That's what would have been fair." He couldn't hold himself together anymore, Nick's eyes began pouring with tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.