Return to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke smiled at Nick, he didn't seem interested in his conversation and Luke didn't want to force himself on Nick. "Yeah, I'll see you later." Elizabeth put her head down as Luke walked by. She didn't want to make him angry. As Luke walked back to her and smiled Liz smirked at him. "Did he say anything about me?" Luke put his arm around her shoulder and walked her to her next class. "No, he didn't really say anything." Luke didn't have first hour with Luke. He had gym first hour. She had an English class. "I'll see you after Class okay. Don't let this ruin your day. It'll be okay." Luke gave her a hug and walked himself to class. Elizabeth walked in and sat in the front of class. She hated sitting in the back.

Nick went through the day, getting used to the last year of school he'd have. Once lunch came around, he decided he'd eat. Along with exercising, to maintain his healthy body, he couldn't skip meals anymore. He sat down in the cafeteria at the table he'd sat at normally. The same table that used to belong to both Liz and he. Now he sat silently to his thoughts as he ate a pre-prepared a high protein meal of fish and a little bit of salad. It was a big enough meal so that it took the entirety of the lunch period for him to eat it. He half-wished that Liz was there with him, but didn't let it bother him. I should just let it go and find someone else to hang out with. I ended that chapter of my life last school year. I shouldn't go back and try to re-read it and think that it will have a different outcome. Because nothing really changed. The damage has already been done. He tried to convince himself, but was doing a horrible job of doing so.

Elizabeth went through her day normally. She didn't have any morning classes with Nick, which kinda upset her. She had one class with Luke. She didn't really talk to anyone. She was popular sure, but she was till Liz, she still had her close knit of friends who she talked too and other than them, she didn't talk to anyone. she kept to herself. she passed Nick a few time in the hall but didn't look at him. 'I just want to hug him and tell him how sorry I am....I miss him so much.' At Lunch Luke sat with Janie and Liz didn't want to sit by her. So she sat alone in a corner. She saw the Nick sat alone as well and wished that she could sit with him. She wanted to talk to him so badly, but he didn't want anything to do with her. After Lunch Liz finished out her classes. Her least favorite was Gym, she liked to work out but not with a ton of other people. Elizabeth finished gym and then went and talked to her English teacher, she wanted to get a head start on a project they were going to be starting next week so she decided she would stay after today to do so.

Nick had a pretty normal day in school. He wasn't a big fan of his Physics teacher, but he could deal with it. Nick stopped by the librarian and struck up a conversation with her "Oh hey Nick. You're still here? School ended like fifteen minutes ago." She said with a bit of concern. "Yeah. I know how hectic the beginning of the year is with you, and I wanted to help you arrange your shelves." Nick explained. "Really? That'd be great!" She said delighted.

Nick worked with the librarian for an hour before finally deciding it was time for him to go home. He had a lot of time to think while putting books in their spots. Nick's thoughts centered around Liz and what he was going to try to do, but he didn't know. He wanted to talk...but when would be a good time? He left the library and went to his locker, going through his books. Nick loosened his tie and unbuttoned the top button, realizing it was starting to turn his neck a bit red from the mirror in his locker.

Liz had stayed after as well and when she went to go to her locker she saw Nick there at his. she walked slowly and opened her locker. The pictures of her and Nick that she had kept could be easily seen. she didn't say anything she just slowly grabbed her stuff and put stuff back. she glanced over at him once but didn't say anything. She didn't care at this point if he hated her. She would always care for him. The longer she stood there the more she thought about it, about him. He didn't say anything to her. He really did hate her. She felt her eyes begin to swell up and her throat closed. She couldn't stand there any longer. She slowly closed her locker and softly say bye to Nick. walking out to her car.

Liz standing next to Nick made him feel oddly uncomfortable. Usually a feeling of ressurance accompanied her, but now he was unsure. He was about to speak up, but she'd already started walking. He left his locker open and ran up to catch up to Liz. "Hey....can we talk? I really miss you, and I just want to talk for a few minutes. If you don't want to see me, I get it. I'll fuck off if you tell me to."

Elizabeth stopped in her tracks as Nick spoke to her. She turned slowly and looked at him. "Tell you to- I wasn't the one who gave up on us Nick. I never wanted to stop being your friend. You told me to fuck off." Liz knew that it sounded harsh but she had to say something, she would admit that she messed up as a friend but she wanted to fix things, she wanted to apologize and Nick just left her. "I have wanted to talk since last year. I missed you all summer, long nights of doing nothing but sitting at home. Getting shit faced just to get you off my mind... I missed you too Nick...." Liz looked down at the ground a single tear streamed down her face. She hated how easily she cried.

"You think it was any easier on me? You were a huge part of my life for the longest, and I had to watch as you slowly drifted from me. It doesn't make what I did right, but you're not the only one who suffered. You never left my mind for a SECOND during the summer. I was alone too. In my house. For a month and a half. I couldn't even sleep most nights because of how much I REGRETTED what I did." Nick began getting hysterical, tears falling from his eyes. "I cut myself multiple times to try to give myself a different pain to distract myself. It didn't work. Hell, I even tried to kill myself once. I can't fucking bear to live without you, Liz." His tears began falling faster. Nick's fists managed to clench involuntarily as the pent up emotion of three months came pouring directly from his soul. He couldn't say anything else. He could open his mouth, but no more words could come out.

Elizabeth listened to his words. when he began to cry Liz walked closer and wrapped her arms around him, holding him,petting his hair. "It's okay Nick. I'm here...I'm always here." Elizabeth knew that what he said was true. "I'm sorry I hurt you, I'm so sorry." Elizabeth held him, she didn't want to let him go. She missed his embrace, she missed embracing him. She wanted to take his pain away. She stepped back from him very slightly. "come over tonight, so we can talk? If you want too?" Elizabeth loved him...she thought missing him was just her being used to having him as a best friends for years and years but it wasn't that, it was her loving him.

Nick still couldn't speak. He coughed a few times due to how hard he was crying. He just needed to let everything out. When she hugged him, he wrapped his arms around her without a moment's hesitation and rested his head against her shoulder, his tears staining her shirt. Nick had missed that familiar feeling. When she tried to back up, he held on a little tighter, not wanting to let her go. At the mention of an offer to go over, he wanted so bad to accept it, but the words still weren't coming out. It's like something was blocking his vocal chords. So instead, he simply nodded his head, managing to squeak out a small "Yeah...that'd be great."

Elizabeth let him go and walked out with him to their cars. "Just meet me over their okay. Mom is out of town. You remember how busy she always was." Elizabeth smiled at him and climbed in her car. Driving her car over to her house. Nick following behind. She opened her door and walked in, she set her stuff down and locked the door behind her. "You can make yourself at home. Nothing has really changed around here." Elizabeth got a glass of water for her and Nick and sat down on the couch. "So...Just let everything out I guess...I know I messed up and pushed you away and I know Janie was a royal bitch to you and I am sorry for that...if it helps I don't talk to her anymore.." Liz looked up at him, she hoped he would open up to her, but she understood if he didn't.

Nick completely forgot about his locker, but it didn't really matter. All he had in there was a few pencils, his books, and a mirror. Who the hell was going to steal any of that? Nick got into his car and followed Elizabeth to her house. He managed to calm himself down on the way over, but his eyes had reddened from the crying. Nick followed Elizabeth into the house and sat on the couch, his right foot underneath his left thigh. He grabbed the glass of water when offered and drank the majority of it in one go. Nick had taken off his tie and the dress shirt while he was in the car. So now he was wearing a normal black t-shirt that was just a bit too tight for him and managed to really show off how much he'd worked out over the Summer. "I think you should go first...." He offered. "I think I need a few more minutes to recover from earlier." Nick said with a small smile, turning to face her, and leaning against the back part couch.

Elizabeth just looked at him, she didn't know what to say. she couldn't think of anything to say. "I..I missed you Nick. I thought about you all summer...I should have been a better friend to you...and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I never texted you back that night and let Janie walk all over you...Im so sorry." Liz just looked down, she felt so ashamed. She looked up at him slowly and noticed his body. He looked good, he looked really. Liz tuked her long hair behind her left ear and sniffled.

"I mean....it's not all your fault. I had a big part in it too. I should have listened to you. I should have just heard you out, and given you a chance. I shouldn't have just snapped and said I was done with you. It is mostly my fault. I really shouldn't have been jealous. It was just that you had so many friends, and they all got to see you more than I did. And you were really the only person I had to go to with anything. You know?" Nick was trying hard not to cry, but he knew that it would be inevitable.

Elizabeth looked at him. She didn't want to cry, she didn't want him to think that he was weak. "Hey, don't cry. It's okay. I'm here now and I promise I will do whatever I have to make things like it was before." Elizabeth reached over and took his hand. "We both messed up but it will be okay now. I promise." Elizabeth hoped that he trusted her and could feel and hear her sincerity.

A small grin appeared on Nick's face as she grabbed his hand. "I know...and I want nothing more than for that to happen. I'm just....I'm not sure.... I've been in a dark place the past few months and I'm not sure I can just all of a sudden come back to this.... It's going to take time. But, I'm willing to try to make things work, if you will." Nick looked up into Elizabeth's eyes, the smile shrunk a little as he was unsure of what she was going to say next.

Elizabeth let goof his hand. "Of course. whatever makes you happy Nick...that's what I want. You to be happy." Liz smiled at him and stood up, taking his glass. "Are you hungry? I can make us something if you want or...were you going to leave?" Liz didn't think he was going to say, not after telling her that he wasn't really ready to be besties with her again. She knew he was hurt, she just hoped he could see how hurt she was too.

"That is what will make me happy...I really want to be best friends with you again. But like I said.....It's just going to take a while." Nick re-stated as he shifted around on the couch. "I actually wanted to stay a little while and hang out some more, if you don't mind. And yeah, food would be great." He added and smiled up at Elizabeth.

Elizabeth opened up her fridge to see what she had. She pulled out an oven pizza and turned on the oven to make it. "That's fine." Elizabeth started to walk down the hall to her room. "Uhm, I am just gonna go get out of my school clothes real quick, you can look for something on television or whatever. i'll be real quick." Elizabeth went to her room and pulled on a black tank top that slightly showed her cleavage and a pair of pajama shorts that were black and white stripped. she walked back out to the living room and put the pizza in the oven and looked over at Nick,he looked so normal sitting on her couch. She smiled and told herself not to get used to it....that there was a chance that he could be gone again any second.

Nick nodded and grabbed the remote to the TV. He turned it on and began looking for something, but was immediately disappointed. He hadn't watched TV in a while and he had missed a lot of things. It's like three months of his life didn't even happen, but he had the scars to prove otherwise. As the pizza started to bake, the aroma began to fill the house, immediately making Nick's salivary glands go into overdrive as his mouth filled with saliva. He cleared his throat and swallowed it quickly. He'd been eating only healthy food for a while, so this was going to be an extreme change.

Once Liz made her way down the stairs, he caught himself staring at her. He had no idea why. Nick quickly shook his head and looked back the TV, continually scrolling down through the menu of channels. "I can't find anything that interests me. Why don't you pick something?" He offered the remote out to her and grinned.

Status
Not open for further replies.