Return to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth slid closer to Nick and picked his head so that their gaze met. "I could never turn away from you Nick...I...I love you to much..." Saying out loud that She loved Nick was a huge relief. As she said it, everything in her mind started to make more sense. The reason it had hurt so much when he wasn't around, the reason she wanted to pick up right where they left off and act like nothing had ever changed. She loved him, not like a best friend love or a brother love. Elizabeth looked away. "When you left, I never understood why it had hurt so bad and why I felt like I had this huge hole in my chest and that something was missing. It was you Nick..." Elizabeth slowly looked back up at Nick. "All of the guys that I had dated and dumped and said they weren't good enough, it was because none of them were you. None of them understood me, not like you did."

A few nervous breaths escaped from Nick's nose as he listened to every single word that Elizabeth had said. As she was nearing the end of what she'd said, his heart had skipped a beat. None of them were me? What does...what does that mean? IT can't mean...of course it does. What else could it? Huh. She finally realizes... "Of course none of them were me." Nick said with a tone that stated it like it was obvious. "All the guys you did date, I knew that they weren't right for you. But of course, I didn't want to ruin anything for you. I watched as you went through person after person, having your heart broken and finding dissatisfication in every one of them. None of them accepted you like I did. None of them knew you like I did. I was there for you, always. Silently watching from the sidelines. Comforting you when you were sad. Reassuring you that you'd find the right guy." Nick said with a nervous smile, wiping tears from his eyes and placing his hands on the sides of Liz's face, forcing her to lock eyes with him. "Tell me. Do you think that I am the right guy?" Nick stared into her eyes, tears streaming down his face continually, his vision blurred.

Elizabeth listened as he spoke. His cockiness was attractive but she didn't understand what he was getting at. As he held her face and tears streamed down his face she couldn't help but cry with him. She thought back to all the times she had been hurt and all the nights,Nick had stayed up with watching chick flicks and eating junk food just so she could over it. All the times that he had made her laugh and smile just because he wanted her happy. Elizabeth looked deep into his eyes and spoke softly, wiping his tears away. "Nick, I have never been more sure of something in my life. No one had cared for me like you do, put the time and effort into me like you have."

Nick smiled through his tears and nodded. "Well, I think that we've been through enough that the we deserve something good. Forget about taking this slow. I don't care about that anymore. All I care about is you, and your happiness. We deserve each other, Liz. The Universe owes us this." Nick said with absolute sureness in his voice. Nick leaned forward, closed his eyes, pulled Liz close, and gave her a passionate kiss on the lips.

Elizabeth smiled as the sound of sureness in his voice. When she was pulled into a kiss, she was surprised but kissed him back, she couldn't help but hold him tight against her and kiss him more, she had wanted to kiss Nick for a long time, sure at first it was a "just to do it" kind of thing but recently it had been a "I need to" kind of thing. His lips were so soft against hers and she wanted him to hold her tight and never stop. Then she thought...he never said he loved her back...She slowly pulled away and leaned her forehead against his. "Nick? I...Do you love me?"

Nick was enjoying ever single second and every single moment of the kiss. It was more than just a kiss at that point. It was the turning of a new page in his life. The entrance of a new chapter. While High School relationships are always rumored to never last, Nick thought otherwise. Sure, this was just one kiss. But the history that the two of them had was his biggest reason for thinking so. Suddenly, the kiss was broken. Nick, of course, knew that it would happen eventually. But so soon? Suddenly, he was met with a question. He smiled and let out a tiny chuckle. "Is that even a question? Of course I love you. I always have. Liz." Nick said the last part softly, yet it was still quite audible.

Elizabeth giggled a little at his response and kissed him again softly. "Can we go to your place tonight?" Elizabeth had honestly never been at Nick's house except for a minute or two and even then, never inside. Only in the car while he ran to grab something. Elizabeth wanted to be with him, forever if she could. Every moment of everyday she wanted to be by his side, where she felt safe at like someone cared. By this point, Elizabeth was in Nick's lap and wrapped around him. She felt so happy, knowing that she could say he was hers and she was his. Just then her phone vibrated . She bent back and grabbed it. It was Luke. 'Hey, missed at school today.' Liz quickly texted back, 'Sorry wasn't feeling well this morning, I feel great now though.' Liz tossed her phone to the side and wrapped her arms around Nick's neck. "So I guess Luke missed me at school today....I feel bad, but I don't really care." Liz kissed Nick quickly again and smiled.

Nick was taken offguard by the question of what she'd said. His house? They'd never been in his house together. It was always Nick over at her's. But, it would be interesting for a change. Normally he would be reluctant to let anyone inside his house. His house was usually dirty and unorganized, but since he went through that whole phase in the summer where he was focused on self-betterment, one of the things he did was make the thing spotless. "Yeah. Sure." Nick nodded and added on. "Anywhere, as long as I'm with you." Nick gave her a quick kiss and let out a deep sigh, chuckling. "Guess we've watched too many movies together, huh? They've started to wear off onto me." Nick continued laughing. Luke was concerned about her hm? Normally, he would get jealous. But this time...he didn't really care. It was Nick's turn to be with Liz. Nick knew and trusted Liz whole-heartedly to know that she would never even think about cheating on him, so he had nothing to worry about.

Liz smiled and jumped off of Nick's lap and grabbed a bag and threw some clothes in it. "Yay. I get to see your house." Liz felt like a little girl again. She had never been filled with this much excitement before. Liz looked at him and smiled for a moment. "I hope I can make you happy Nick, like really really happy." Elizabeth had never worried about making the other person happy at least not as much as she now. She couldn't lose Nick and she would do anything to show him that she loved and cared for him.

"Well, you already have. And I'm sure that there will be more to come." Nick said with quite a bit of optimism in his voice. I wonder why suddenly she's so giddy about wanting to see my house? It's nothing out of the ordinary.... He got off of her bed and shoved his hands into his pockets as he watched her gather her things together. It's amazing how quickly she changed from a sobbing mess to her now overly-excited and extremely happy self. It's not a bad thing though.

Elizabeth continued to throw stuff in a bag and then noticed how happy she was and how much of a hot mess her and Nick had been just moments ago, she knew it must seem odd, so she stopped and sat back down for a moment. "I realize how quickly my mood just changed and I want you to know that its because I have you back, I have you back and I have you more than I ever did. I didn't realize how great I had it with you until I lost you and now that I have you back, I am just so happy." Liz looked up at Nick, "I want to share my happiness with you Nick and if I am sucking up all the happiness let me know cause I can calm down." Liz stood and hugged Nick tightly. "I just can't lose you again."

Nick has always been surprised at how selfless Liz was. Well, when it came to things that mattered. "Liz, there's no way you can lose me now. Never again. Sorry, but you're stuck with me now." Nick said laughing as he shrugged his shoulders. "But in all seriousness, you need to be happy too. Your happiness supplies mine. So there will never be a thing as sucking up all of the happiness." The thought of such an idea continued to make Nick laugh. "Just get your stuff together." He smiled and continued to watch her.

Liz packed the rest of what she needed and then faced Nick with a smiled and said "I'm ready Freddy" she smiled at him and followed him out of her house. Locking the door behind her. She was so excited for tonight and even though nothing was really going to happen, just being in his house and with him, was enough to make Like the current happiest person alive.

"We've known each other for how long....six years? And you still can't even remember my name. I don't know how this relationship is going to work out." Nick joked and have her a quick peck on the cheek before splitting from her and going to the driver's side and sliding into the seat. He twisted the keys ninety degrees in the ignition and started up the car. I knew it was a good idea to fake being sick. Apparently skipping out on school isn't always so bad.

Elizabeth smiled and gently hit Nick's butt as he walked away. She didn't feel weird or awkward about anything. She felt normal, she felt like everything was the same it had been before. Sure, a new chapter had started in her life, but it was a good change, it was taking that tiny step from a best friend to a boyfriend. It really didn't feel too different to her. As they drove to Nick's house she couldn't help but stare at him every now and then. "So what are we gonna do tonight?" Elizabeth had never been to his house, she had no idea what there was even to do at his house.

Nick almost jumped from the sudden smacking of his butt. It was something that he had not expected at all, especially not from Elizabeth. He shot her a playful scowl and began to drive off to his house. "Shit. I didn't think about that." Nick raised his eyebrows with intrigue and shrugged his shoulders. "I guess we can find something to do. We could watch a movie?" Nick offered. "Or we could watch TV....or if none of that is appealing we could just find something else to do."

Elizabeth chuckled and smiled. "That's what we do at my house though..." She knew that nothing crazy exciting would happen, so watching a movie and just hanging out was the most excitement she as going to get. "But, that's fine. Whatever you wanna do, its your house." Elizabeth smiled at him and then sat quietly for the rest of the ride.

"Well, I mean, there's nothing much else to do. We could play a board game or something....I suppose?" Nick knew that he had a few lying around the house somewhere. It wasn't anything amazing, but it was a change of pace from normally watching movies and TV. It wasn't that long of a drive from Liz's house to Nick's. Overall it took him maybe ten minutes. He got out of the car and got his bookbag from the backseat. Nick unlocked his door and threw his bookbag onto the floor near his couch and ran a hand through his hair as he looked around the place. It was spotless. Almost a picture perfect definition of the word "Clean." It had the same look that any new house would soon after it was purchased and set up, regardless of its age.

Elizabeth nodded as Nick spoke. When they pulled up to his house, and walked in, Liz looked around in amazement. "It's so clean here, like wow." Elizabeth knew that he was clean, but never knew it was this clean. Elizabeth walked inside and didn't know where to put her stuff, she did't want to mess anything up. "Uhm, where do you want me to put my stuff?"

"Put it wherever." Nick shrugged his shoulders. "I guess I should show you around, huh?" Nick closed the door behind Elizabeth and scratched the back of his head. Nick grabbed Liz's hand and began to show her around the house. He pointed out various things such as the guest room, the kitchen, his room, a storage room, and then went back down to the living room. "You can stay either in the guest room or in my room." He had a feeling he knew what she'd pick, but still wanted to give her the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.