Return to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth took the remote and scrolled through the channels finding an old cartoon that the two used to watch all the time. "Hey remember this?" Liz clicked for it to play and tossed the remote to the couch, going to check the pizza. "Just a few more minutes." The cartoon made Liz remember a lot from years ago. She giggled. "e used to stay up so late watching this. We thought it was so dumb, but we couldn't help but watch it." Liz looked at him, noticing his wrist. She walked over to him and sat next to him, grabbing his wrist and gently touching his scars. "I'm so sorry Nick.." The sight of them and knowing that Elizabeth had caused them hurt her, she began to cry. "I'm sorry.." She got back up and walked into her kitchen her back to him, hiding her tears.

Nick smiled at her selection. "Yeah. I remember." He said with a bit of nastolgia hitting him. When she grabbed his wrist, he winced slightly from the pain. They were old scars, but they still hurt when touched. "Liz...it's fine." He said reassuringly. Once she got up, he walked after her, knowing that she was upset. "Liz. I'm serious. It's fine. We're fixing things...that's all that matters." Nick added and hugged her from behind.

Elizabeth became mad at herself. "How is that fine?! I did that to you." Elizabeth didn't want to face him, she couldn't. Up until this moment she didn't realize how bad she had truly hurt him. "You deserve better Nick..." Liz wiped her eyes and placed her hands on his arms, which were wrapped around her waist. She didn't know what to say, what to do, she just stood there, letting the tears slowly roll down her cheeks.

"You didn't do this to me. You didn't grab my knife and cut me. I did this to me. Liz...I'm serious. Please don't blame yourself. I was stupid and acted irrationally. He buried his head into the nape of her neck and let out a deep breath. "Please Liz....I don't deserve better.... You're the best. I was an idiot and ruined everything....just please don't blame yourself." Nick was doing everything he could to try to shift the blame off of her.

Elizabeth slowly turned around and looked him in the eye's. "If I would have done better you wouldn't have done it in the first place.." She grabbed his wrist and held it, gently kissing the scars. "I promise I will make it up too you, if its the last thing I do." Liz hugged him around the neck and buried her face in his shoulder, holding him tightly. "I promise."

Nik was quite shocked at the sudden display of her kissing his wrists. It made him blush, but at the same time made him feel like he was about to cry. "Look...you don't have to make anything up to me." Nick let out a small sigh and looked over at the oven. "But you might want to get the pizza out." The crust was starting to get darker.

Elizabeth quickly let him go and opened the oven. Placing hotpads on her hands and pulling it out. Opening a drawer she pulled out a pizza cutter and cut the pizza grabbing a plate and handing Nick a slice. "Here ya go." Liz wiped her eyes and sat down on the couch. She didn't eat much latley and when she did, it wasn't even enough to fill her so she found no use.

Nick sat down and began devouring the pizza. "I haven't had anything like this in a long time." He said, wiping his mouth and setting the plate down onto the coffee table infront of them. I really wish she didn't feel this way.... As much as I want things back to normal, it's going to take a while. Was me even coming here a good thing? He thought on it for a moment. Of course it was! Idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liz was glad he was eating. "I'm glad that you like it Nick." She looked up at the clock it was getting late. 7 o'clock already. "I am not pushing you out, but how late are you staying?" Elizabeth didn't want him to leave, she wished things could pick up where they left off, where Nick and her would spends nights together and not feel awkward.

"I'll stay as long as you want me to, I suppose." Nick shrugged his shoulders. "I guess whenever you get tired of me, I'll leave." Nick looked over at the clock and realized it was already 7:00. Damn. I've been here three hours already? Doesn't feel like it....man. I forgot how quickly time passes when I'm with here. He looked over at her and smiled for no apparent reason, but quickly shook his head, realizing he probably looked like an idiot.

Elizabeth smiled back and giggled. "Well you can stay as long as you want." Liz hesitated and then spoke again. "I like having you here...its not so lonely." Liz looked at Nick and smiled again. Liz yawned a little and stretched. "I am getting tired a little though."

(sorry its so short)

"I know what you mean." Nick let out a small sigh. "You can go to sleep, then. It's never stopped you before." Nick gave her a cheeky half-smile and let out a tiny chuckle as he reminisced silently about all the times that she'd fallen asleep while they watched movies or were watching TV. It was more frequent than one would think.

Elizabeth looked at him and smiled. "I don't want to be rude though, so I will just stay awake." Liz stayed awake for as long as she could, watching television with Nick until she eventually did fall asleep, which was around 8:30-9. She kept herself upright for the most pat but after she was fully passed out, she slid down the couch and her head landed on Nick's shoulder. This only woke Elizabeth up a little, but not enough to make her aware of where she was or what was going on. So, without realizing she cuddled herself into Nick, feeling the warmth from his body.

"Yeah, we'll see how long that lasts." Nick said with a chuckel and continued to watch the TV. He would occasionally toss glances over in Liz's direction, starting to notice her growing sleepier and sleepier. Eventually her eyes were blinking slower and slower until they eventually stayed shut, and she ended up shifting over towards him. A grin appeared on Nick's face as he stared down at her. I've forgotten how much I missed this.... Nick thought to himself as he brought his hand up to her hair and began to softly sift his fingers through her hair. He wouldn't dare move out of fear that the moment could end.

Elizabeth stayed asleep for a while until she woke up again around 10:30. She looked up at Nick and smiled, then realized what was happening. "Oh my, I'm sorry." Liz pushed her hair back and looked at the time. "mmm, It's 10:30..." She paused for a moment. "Will you stay with me?" Elizabeth didn't think he would, but she really didn't want him to leave.

"There's no need to apologize." Nick said as he was starting to get tired himself. "But I don't know about staying. I don't have any extra clothes to change into." He paused and thought on it for a few moments. "So I guess I could leave early in the morning, so yeah. Sure. I'll stay." Nick decided with a shrug and smiled down at Elizabeth.

Elizabeth nodded her head and then smiled when he said he would. "That makes me happy." Elizabeth stood and looked at him. The two had shared a bed before, and it had never really meant anything, but Elizabeth didn't want to make Nick uncomfortable. "Uhm, you can sleep wherever, I guess...I know you said it was gonna take time for things to go back to normal...but you are welcome to join me if you want too." Either way Elizabeth felt comfortable just having him in the house. She hated to be alone, So being alone, with him here wasn't really any better, but she wanted Nick happy.

Nick thought on for a few moments before finally making a decision as to where he wanted to sleep. It'd be really weird sharing a bed with her....after all this time. But really, I shouldn't be so selfish. I'll just go wherever she wants me. "Uhhhm. I'll just sleep wherever. Whatever makes you happy." Nick shrugged and readjusted his positioning on the couch. It almost feels like old times again.

Elizabeth smiled at him and then thought for a moment. "Surprise me." Liz smiled at him. This is what she had said to him the first time he had agreed to share a bed with her. she hoped he would remember. Elizabeth walked upstairs and down the hall to her room and crawled in bed, getting under the covers and facing her back to the door, so it really would be a surprise as to where Nick went.

Nick let out a deep sigh, having hated when she did this. I guess I'll just sleep on the couch then. He said as he began clearing off a spot to make himself comfortable. Wait a fucking minute. He thought as his brain began to analyze the previous few events. Does she...want me up there? Nick had stalled for roughly ten minutes before finally deciding to go up the stairs and into her room, shutting the door quietly behind himself. He crawled into the already warm bed and and wrapped an arm over her waist.

Status
Not open for further replies.