Return to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke turned towards Nick still taken back by all of this. "How you and Elizabeth ended up together? I mean, you left her and as far as I knew you tow didn't even talk." Luke didn't mean to sound rude, but he was jealous. He wanted Elizabeth as his own. He wanted to be friends with Nick, but knowing that he had Elizabeth as his own would make that hard.

Nick finished gathering his things from his locker and re-locked it as he began to tell the story. "Well. At the last bell the day before yesterday, we saw each other at our lockers. I ran after her and told her how incredibly sorry I was. Then we went over to her house to talk more. She asked me to stay for the night, so I did. I left the next morning and got ready for school. When I realized that she wasn't here, I forced myself to throw up so I could get sent home." Nick had just realized that Liz didn't even know that part. "I was worried about her, and when I got to her house, she was crying. We talked some more, and I comforted her. She told me that she loved me, I said the same....and here we are." Nick nodded, giving Liz a quick smile before placing a quick kiss on her cheek. "Did I leave anything out?"

Elizabeth smiled and looked at him. "Uhm yeah, you never told me that you forced yourself to throw up just to see me. That's ridiculous." Luke chimed in, his tone sounding annoyed. "Yea, that is ridiculous. You treated her like crap, when all she ever did was loved you! You left her in the blink of an eye, without hesitation, just because things got hard! Elizabeth how do you know he isn't going to leave you again? He hurt you..bad. Do you realize that Nick, you really hurt her and you think you can just jump back in her life like it's no big deal. You're sadly mistaken, she may have fallen for this charade, but I haven't. Elizabeth, he just wants in your pants and how you can't see that is beyond me." Luke stood there, he wanted to say more, he was so angry. Elizabeth spoke up. "Luke, I love Nick and part of loving someone is trusting them, you are right, he did leave, but I was being a bad friend." Luke got angrier as she spoke. "A bad friend? You brought him coffee every morning without fail! You texted him everyday, without fail! I don't know how many times you tried to get me and Janie to hang out with him. So please Nick, Tell me how was she a bad friend? How was she so terrible to you? Because she fell asleep on you one night? Are you serious?" The bell was going to ring soon, and Elizabeth didn't want anything to start. "Listen Luke, we can deal with this later, The bell is going to ring soon. Come on Nick, we gotta go to class." Elizabeth started to walk away, trying to pull Nick with her.

"Look Luke. You don't know half of the fucking story, so don't even pretend to." He lightly broke away from Elizabeth, feeling his own anger rise. "I know what I did was fucking horrible, despicable even. But both she and I had a lot of time to talk things over. Both she and I had a lot of time over the Summer to gather our thoughts, and collectively we decided on things together. So don't pretend to fucking know what has happened. You know only what you've experienced. And no, what I left her for was not because of one night. But for the whole year. She was constantly being taken away from me, I probably got to spend maybe three days last school year with her on a weekend. Every other time she was with you or Janie or someone else. Hell. All of her friends fucking hated me. I tried so hard to fit in around you guys, but I couldn't. I tried for Liz. Because I fucking loved her." Nick's jaw clenched along with his fists. "We used to be best fucking friends and that was taken away from us. So my fucking bad if I was upset over it. She'd been there with me pretty much every day since Junior High. She was who I could vent my feelings to. I was the one that she trusted with everything. And I'm sorry if I got upset that I couldn't even talk to her anymore about how I felt. I'm sorry that my emotions got to any extreme level. I had no one to fucking vent to, so I lost it. She was and is my only friend. So yeah, I did get jealous. I had no one to talk to anymore." Having just remembered the comment about wanting to get into Liz's pants, he was about ready to start swinging fists. He was now getting closer to Luke, looking down on him with a look of intimidation on his face. "And one more fucking thing." His jaw clenched harder, his teeth gritting. He grabbed Luke by the collar of his shirt. "I'm not with her to get in her pants. I'm not like you. I'm not a jealous piece of shit like you. I actually love Elizabeth. With everything that I am. And if you're too blind by your childish jealousy, then politely fuck off." He said, releasing his shirt with a small shove, turning to leave with Liz, grabbing her hand as the bell rang almost on cue. Nick tried to calm himself, but was finding a hard time in doing so. He felt horrible, he'd never gotten onto anyone like that before. He felt almost sick to his stomach. Mostly in part for Liz having to have experienced that. She probably hates me now....thinks I'm a monster even. I wouldn't be surprised. He half expected her to just run away from the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth stood in shock listening to the words Nick said. Before she heard Luke's response, Nick had her hand and they walked away together. Elizabeth smiled and pulled Nick close to her, wrapping his arm around her waist and kissing his cheek lightly. "Thank you for defending me and you...and...us. It was really awesome of you to do that and pretty perfect actually..." Elizabeth looked down and blushed a little. Nick was right. Everything he said was true. "I'm sorry about last year though...I know it's done and over with and we obviously have moved on but I really am sorry and...I love you Nick...so much." Elizabeth walked with Nick to her class, giving him a big hug and a peck on the lips. "See you soon hun, love you." Elizabeth turned and walked into class. Her day had officially been made.

Nick was quite relieved to find that Elizabeth was not only okay with what had happened....but was thanking him as well? Everything had gone better than he had planned. "Yeah....no problem. I shouldn't have lost my temper like that though....sorry you had to see that." He mumbled quietly and stopped outside of Elizabeth's first class and smiled at her, insisting again that it was no big deal for what had happened over the previous year. When in reality, it was quite a big deal. Even though he'd forgiven her, it still happened. "See you at lunch. Love you." He kissed her before walking off to his own class.

Elizabeth sat in class, hoping that Nick was okay. Sure she felt bad for what had happened last year, but she really wanted to move on and be happy. she hoped that Nick wanted the same thing. Elizabeth sat quietly for the most part, focusing on her work and such. A few people talked to her and laughed with her and so on and so forth but Elizabeth just played along and went with her. Nick was all she could think about, if he was okay and if he was mad at her as well. Her school had a block schedule so they only had 4 classes a day but they were an hour or so long. She normally wouldn't but Elizabeth had to make sure Nick was okay. she knew he didn't have any super important classes and she wasn't currently in one, so she pulled her phone out and sent him a quick text. 'Are you mad at me?'

Nick's first class droned on. He was getting tired of class already. The first class of the day was almost always horrible for him, regardless of how good of a night's sleep he'd had. So as opposed to taking notes during the boring lecture, he rather simply just sat with his notebook open, doodling random things while he let his mind run wild with thought. For one, he felt relieved that Elizabeth wasn't mad at him. For another, he was pissed at Luke for being so accusatory without any knowledge prior. He knew that Luke was going to be a problem. Towards the end of class, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Since he was towards the back of the class, he didn't feel afraid to take his phone out. Nick smiled as he saw that it was a text from Elizabeth. 'Of course not. Why would you think that?'

Elizabeth waited for a reply. She read it and smiled. 'I don't know. I was just worried I guess.' Elizabeth hit send and soon after the first bell went off. She quickly left class to go find Nick. Upon finding him, she held his hand and walked back to her locker with him. "If I ever upset you, just let me know okay. I promise I will fix it...if I can."

Nick looked down at his phone as it vibrated once more, finally the bell rang and he looked for Elizabeth. They walked back to their lockers, he not needing anything. "Yeah. Alright. Same applies to me, alright?" Nick smiled at Elizabeth and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. "Nevertheless, how was class?" Nick asked genuinely.

Elizabeth smiled at him and nodded. "Of course." Elizabeth thought for a moment of what to say next and then her phone went off. It was mom. 'Hey, I will be home when you are. I miss you and can't wait to see you.' Elizabeth texted her mom back quickly. 'I miss you too. I have a lot to talk to you about, can't wait <3' Elizabeth turned to Nick and smiled. "Mom is gonna be home today, you should come over so we can talk to her about me moving in with you." Elizabeth smiled at him. "and class was good, boring, but good. How about you?"

At the sudden mention of her mom, Nick felt a bit....weird. "Class was alright. But uh, does your mom hate me?" Nick asked with a little fear in his voice and on his face. Nick knew that her mom knew, so he figured that since he hurt her....her mom didn't want anything to do with him. "I just don't think that now would be the best of times for you to move in, now that I think of it. I just don't think your mom would be comfortable with that."

Elizabeth chortled and looked at him. "No. Mom told me a thousand times to just call you and talk to you. She told me that I needed to fix things with you if I ever wanted to be okay again....but, I get it. I won't move in." Nick saying that he didn't want her to move in now, kinda hurt her, she understood and got that it was really fast and what not though. "It's cool really...I should go to class though." Elizabeth grabbed her stuff for Art out of her locker and shut it, starting to walk to class.

"Oh.. Huh. And it's not that I don't want you to move in, I just don't know if your mom would be okay with that is all. But uh, I'll see you later Liz." Nick gave her a half smile and walked off towards his class. He ran a hand through his hair and was rather confused. What the hell just happened....? Is she upset with me? She didn't seem to happy.... Huh. I guess I'll talk to her later at lunch, maybe. Nick went to his creative writing class and sat down at his desk, still somewhat confused with what had happened between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.