Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Garp

Damn Garp, back at it again with the violent X-men roleplays

This roleplay would be set about 10-12 years after the events of "Logan." It would be centered around a new group of mutants who were created in the same way as Laura and her friends (created using base DNA from other mutants, grown and birthed naturally by surrogate nonmutant humans). Playable characters would include the kids (they'll be around 10 to 12 years old, maybe older or younger if you can convince me), their guides/chaperones, and eventually there will be some Bad Guys tracking them down, and waaay eventually, if they can survive the ordeal, they may very well find Laura and her friends, now in their 20s, living up north somewhere. (Laura & Co. can either be played by y'all, or they can be NPCs depending on group interest.) Also, another thought, if you want to play a human kid who decides to tag along for some reason, that would be okay and probably pretty interesting (say you're playing a runaway or something).

Backstory: When Laura and her friends escaped, one of the scientists working at the lab took the opportunity to steal bits of base DNA and run off to run his own operation (suggested name: McGuffin Labs). He knew he could do better, that he could raise his children to love him and to do anything for him, including to kill or be killed. But of course, these things have a habit of going very badly very fast. One of the kids went nuclear and destroyed the operation (of course) and the surviving experiments and care staff decided to make a break for it. Some of the nurses were already planning an escape attempt, just as with the previous mutant operation, and they decided they may as well take this opportunity.

They took shelter somewhere in rural Mexico and hired some guides to lead the children through the USA and to Canada, where they hear there are mutant colonies growing and thriving. The plot will begin in their Mexico base, and will follow the kids as they journey through the states and up to Canada.

A kid's base DNA can come from any mutant. I'm expecting a group of maybe 6 to 10 kids, depending on who all is interested. I'd rather not have 30 children running around blowing things up. I would also like to have a handful of chaperones who will probably die before they see Canada.

I'll be playing one of the kids, the head guide, and when the time comes I'll play a bad guy, just to make sure we have at least one of each. It's fine if no one else wants to play guides or baddies, I can use NPCs for that.

It's presumed that any mutants related to the X-men are dead, but if you really want to play someone who somehow survived and has been lying low for the past few decades, let me know your idea and maybe I'll allow it. Or if you want to play an OC mutant who's been living in secrecy and somehow meets up with the main group, let me know. I hadn't planned on these things but I'll allow them if someone wants to do them.

So let me know your thoughts. Also I'm already claiming Tom Hardy as my guide FC. Anything else is up for grabs.

Also, posting expectations should this become a thing:
At least once or twice a week
Third person, past tense preferred
At least a paragraph or two preferred; I'm not picky about length as long as it advances the plot and gives people stuff to respond to.
Use your best grammar and punctuation (nobody's perfect, but make stuff readable).
This RP will share a tone and rating with Logan. There will be violence and gore, characters will probably die (with player's permission, of course). You're playing kids, but this is not a kid's rp.

Alright, I'm done now, promise.
i don't know how to use tags

Also the title "Retrograde" doesn't necessarily mean anything, I just thought it sounded cool

Hmm, tentative interest. Not sure how I feel about kids in the rp as main characters (I feel they'd be better as npcs because it seems like a majority of people on Iwaku would prefer to play as young adults, but that's just an observation), but I have been wanting to do a "Logan" type rp so let's see if this gets any more interest and I'll confirm my own interest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.