FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Week days I work from 6pm - 11pm and weekends are unpredictable.
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Transgender
  4. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
I'll play them all if I like the plot but I go for mainly fantasy and magical. I like anything that wouldn't happen to you in everyday life. I mean if you can live it why role play it.
20171117_154708.jpg
Bascied on the TV Show & orginal text from Reign - Google Search.
You do not have to know the show to take part in this RP.

Queen of Italy Alessandra Marquises de Salvoy travels to France with four ladies-in-waiting to secure her politically strategic engagement to the king's son, Prince (enter name). Aless and Prince share a mutual attraction, even though he has reservations about the wisdom of an alliance with Italy. Complicating issues is (name), Princes' illegitimate half-brother whom Aless finds herself drawn to in spite of herself and France's Queen trying to ride her. The Queen fears the oricals words of Aless bring her sons demise. The French Court is also full of less romantic challenges for Aless, who finds her engagement -- and life -- threatened until she finds an ally in a mysterious shrouded guide. With all that she faces, Aless rallies, readying herself to rule and trying to find a balance between the demands of her country and those of her heart.

Roles:
If RSVP charater hasn't been made within 3 days of RSVP date your RSVP will be removed.

Aless' Knight:
Opened

France Prince:
Aleksandr Bren Valois
@Iceydaze

4 ladies in waiting: (they are lesser nobles or wealthy family 3 left)
Cordelia Isla de Midici
@Princess Poisoned Rose

King's Bastered Son:

King's Mistress:
Adelais Durand
@Iceydaze

France King:
CharlemagneAmadeus Valois
@Wyborn

France Queen:
@Wyborn

Orical/Royal Mage:
Opened

Mysterious Guide: (she see and hears everything in the castle and comes off as a ghost for she's never seen.)
Opened

Note:
Other roles may be added. If you think of one that might be important let me know. Also you may make more then one charater if you so wish.

Magic is in this rp but magic powers must be approved by myself.

If your charater dies in RP. Feel free to return to make a new one. That is if you wish to continue being in this RP.

GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS

Role:

Character Name:

Alias:

Ethnicity:

Magic Abilities:

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS

Height:

Hair:

Eyes:

Distinguishing Marks:

General Appearance:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

More:

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS

Current Goal/Purpose:

Aspirations:

Hobbies:

Inabilities:

General Personality:

Inner Personality:

HISTORIC BACKGROUND

Noble History:

Life before Story:
How many roles are everyone allowed to have in this?
1 per charater. For now two Charaters per user. I might add more roles or even more Charaters per user depending on how many people we get and if anyone suggests a role.

on the magic abilities can that sort of be anything, without making your character god obviously?
Um. I haven't fully desided what magic did you want? I was gonna do everyone has an element plus another minor one.

Last edited:
Like I said I work doubles gonna have to wait till I am not beating my head against a wall and wanting to slap people at work
Apologies o forget you where the one who said that.

Apologies o forget you where the one who said that.
It's cool just wish some people were not stupid especially at work, that's one place they need to use that thing we call a brain

Pretty much done with all but the life before story and magical abilities. Before I continue, I would like to understand the magic better. Do both abilities have to be elemental in nature? I was thinking of making the minor ability the ability to communicate with animals. If that doesn't work for you, I can just make it a combo of Air and Ice or Air and healing or something simple.

Pretty much done with all but the life before story and magical abilities. Before I continue, I would like to understand the magic better. Do both abilities have to be elemental in nature? I was thinking of making the minor ability the ability to communicate with animals. If that doesn't work for you, I can just make it a combo of Air and Ice or Air and healing or something simple.

No that's fine.

• Thank You
Reactions: Iceydaze
Just thought I'd keep you updated on the Mistress's progress. She's as complete as she can be for now, just waiting for Wyborn to finish his life before story portion (since that's all he has left.) so I can make changes if necessary.

I'll probably post her cs tomorrow and leave that part "subject to change" in case the bastard prince, French queen, or King Charlemagne make any big moves in their cs that involve my character in any way. I'm sure that they can't really avoid each other for so and so many years. Especially in a royal setting.

• Thank You
Reactions: PhantomThief715
"@Wyborn Calling Wyborn! Your needed in the charater making chambers now!" Calls a messenger.

"Sir Wyborn. As your Queen of the RP. I must request you start your charater soon. If not I may look for another King. I get life can be busy, but I would like to see progress of the charater even if it's just a little everyday." Phantom tells him.

Though shes getting impation and eager to play this rp. To the point that she Rps the conversations of gathering people. And though talking about ones self in third person point if view is odd she does it anyways.

Wyborn's actually almost done with his too~ He's about six paragraphs into his life before story so his should also be done sometime this week. He's just been busy with work.

Wyborn's actually almost done with his too~ He's about six paragraphs into his life before story so his should also be done sometime this week. He's just been busy with work.
Mkay

Adelais "Del" Durand

[glow=#b66d2]"Dandelions are not weeds. They are wishes, they are dreams; fragile yet tenacious."[/glow][glow=#b66d2][/glow]

GENERAL CHARACTER STATISTICS
Name: Adelais Durand
Alias: Del/Adel/Delly
Role: Royal Mistress
Ethnicity: French

PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
Height: 5'6"

Hair: Dark brown

Eyes: Thistle in hue, round and full of warmth within a more than occasional distant gaze

Distinguishing Marks: N/A

General Appearance: Adel is a petite woman with a gentle nature. Her round eyes are full of a mix of emotions ranging from compassion to despair. Although she has aged, her looks have only changed subtly. Over the course of years, her laugh lines have become more prominent and there are faint signs of wrinkles forming at the corners of her eyes. Other than those few "flaws", her fair skin could still be considered flawless for her age, while it isn't as firm as when she was younger, it remains soft and smooth to the touch, her rough hands being the sole exception.

MAGIC ABILITIES

~Aerokinesis: Her control over the air element could be considered rather simple. As a pacifist, her offensive abilities could be seen as lacking. However, since she can use it to air-walk, buff her speed and take flight, it could be assumed that she could also use it to buff her arrows or use it to adjust her aim. If used in combat, she would be most likely to repel physical objects or blows and find an opportunity to escape. Only if backed into a corner will she retaliate and only go as far as incapacitating her attacker by manipulating the air pressure itself.

~Zoolingualism: Adel can communicate with animals. From the biggest bear to the smallest ant. While she cannot control them against their will, it is easy to bribe something that doesn't value money or prestige.

ARMOR/WEAPONS

7504772e3f80ffe5c4c277136c8bbce4.jpg
Simple armor, full of obvious weak spots. She hardly ever dons it unless it's for fair competition which she hardly ever participates in. For easier mobility, the steel isn't as thick as usual steel, defense isn't a big issue to her since she prefers to evade than endure a hit.

Minor adjustments:The fabric is a light lavender, paying compliment to her eyes of a similar hue.

01_preview1.jpg
Although she is capable with a sword or spear, her weapon of choice would have to be a bow she crafted with her father, an item full of sentiments. Combined with her Aerokinesis, her long range attacks are far more precise and forceful than those of usual combatants.

MENTAL CHARACTERISTICS
Current Goal/Purpose: Adel wishes to protect her son and hopes for him to live comfortably whether he becomes the next king or not. Knowing she is powerless against the large figureheads of the palace, she tries to keep the king's love focused solely on her in hopes that he would in turn protect her son. As she does this, she also searches for clues on her deceased daughter's whereabouts, not believing she had passed on.

Aspirations: She waits for the day her son is able to protect himself so that she may leave the palace and be free to do as she likes.

Hobbies: Listening to gossip[From animals], singing out of tune, cleaning, whistling, eating good food, caring for the garden specifically her herbs.

Inabilities: Adel has trouble lying and is rather blunt in most cases. She also cannot accept that her daughter passed away.

General Personality: Adel seems calm and composed for the most part. Although her words are often full of teasing, she is gentle and is somewhat biased towards girls, often treating them as if they were her own children. Other times however, she seems a little nutty. Seeing as how she talks to animals, yet is known mainly for her ability to manipulate air, many are skeptical and believe that she can't really speak to animals and instead lost her mind along with her first child. This is especially more convincing when she calls them her "children". Overall, she is rather simple minded and completely unsuitable for such a high status lifestyle.

Inner Personality: Strangely enough, as a person who has trouble lying, Adel lives a life full of denial. In her heart, she feels her daughter lives on and had instead been kidnapped by someone. Among the people she suspects are the queen, the king, and any of their various supporters. Due to the disappearance of her daughter, she has become very untrusting herself and has difficulty letting anyone close enough to see her as the broken woman she is. Instead, she faces every day with stubborn positivity.

Strengths:
~Archery
~Patience
~Understanding
~Spear fighting
~Herbology

Weaknesses:
~Her son
~Anxious
~Pacifistic
~Hand to hand combat
~Susceptible to illness

Extra: Due to her father's upbringing, Adelais has a weakness for good swords and loves appraising them and caring for them. However, after following after her mother the most, her nose is extremely sensitive since she was trained to tell the difference between the various smells that the herbs they worked with produced. This being the case, she is rather hard to poison as she had to memorize many commonplace poisons so that she can identify which antidote to prescribe.

HISTORIC BACKGROUND
Noble History: She was born a commoner without social status to a medicine woman and a blacksmith.

Life before Story: Raised in poverty, Adel was a loving child with a positive personality and gentle temperament. Born as an only child to a small but very loving family, Adel never had much to worry about for the most part. At one point though, there was a tax spike which made it difficult for her parents to buy grain. Around this time, she discovered her first ability early on as she assisted her mother in picking herbs. With the assistance of helpful critters she snuck snacks to, Adel would often bring back handfuls of precious herbs to create medicine from. With an increase in inventory, and introduction to new medicine, they returned to just having enough to get by. Her life was far from perfect. She may not have had riches but she felt it was wonderful all the same.

Unfortunately, life has it's own twists and turns. Not long after she came of age, her mother had recently passed away from illness and her father had fallen ill soon after. With her extensive medical knowledge, she was able to preserve his life for the time being. However, this came with a cost of sleep. She had been working long hours to not only keep him alive but to also keep them both sheltered and fed. Having just lost her mother, Adel was unwilling to be alone.

On a particularly hot summer day, Adel went to work like usual, getting up at early hours to scour the woods for herbs. Feeling rather feverish, Adel made her way to a nearby brook where she decided to cool herself off and rest. Considering the fact that she had befriended most of the forest critters, it could be said that she was pretty safe. Or at least she should have been. Upon waking, she found herself no longer in the safety of the forest but a warm lavish bed. Recalling her father, she panicked and tried to leave only to be stopped by an older gentleman who forced her back to bed. Despite how hard she fought back, he remained unusually calm and slowly talked her into calming down as well.

After she calmed down, he introduced himself as Charlie, a traveling merchant and offered to look for her father for her since she was in no condition to do so. After he left to follow her directions, Adel thought it was rather peculiar for a lowly merchant to have such a lavish home. However with the fever making her slightly delirious, Adel overlooked this and went back to sleep. As she slept, the man sent a servant in his stead. When the servant returned, it turned out that Adel's father had passed the morning before. Seeing as how she was already lying to herself, Charlie decided to continue on with a lie of his own. While she was out cold, he instructed his servant to look over their documents and forge a letter stating that he was going on a trip and that she was to remain by Charlie's side as a maid.

Once she awoke, he gave her the letter and she accepted it without question, recognizing her father's writing. Although she tried to get him to let her care for herself, he insisted on nursing her back so that she could repay him with her loyalty. Upon reluctantly agreeing, she sealed her fate. Once she was better, she served him in anyway he asked for, naturally falling for his charm. He was a generous lover with a lot to give while she was basically a lone girl with nothing to her name. For that reason alone, she could never tell what it was he saw in her.

It wasn't long before she was with child. Immediately after the discovery, Adel was whisked away to the summer palace where history happened. It turned out that Charlie was actually the second prince, Charlemagne. It turned out he was fleeing for his life from his older brother. Coincidentally, his brother had located him around the same time. Charlemagne had originally wanted to pretend there was no connection between them but upon learning she was pregnant with his child, he had no other option. He confronted his brother and challenged him to a duel. After besting him in battle, Charlemagne brought back his brother's head and was then set upon the road to obtaining the throne, a road he had not wished to tread.

With the chance of it being a son, Charlie, now known as Charlemagne, couldn't just leave her be outside and instead wished to give her the best care possible. However, he could not remain by her side at the time. Despite his promise to marry her in secret, he had urgent business to take care of now that he was the crown prince. During the nine months, much changed in the palace walls. For one, the crown prince had passed away. Soon after, Charlemagne was set up to take his place and in turn inherit the throne and take in an empress from a noble family, leaving Adelais to care for herself. She was understanding, knowing her standing was not high enough to remain by his side properly. The moment her child was born, Adel only got to hold her in her arms once and then she was gone. The nurses claimed that she birthed a stillborn girl but refused to let her see her again. Without her lover or her child, she quickly fell into a crazed state and no longer felt she could trust those by her side.

Late to the scene, Charlemagne tried to take her into his arms but was unable to as she pushed him away and blamed him for the turn of events before falling deep into despair. She no longer smiled, or laughed, or spoke. Although she considered their relationship over, she still continued to serve Charlemagne as her father had apparently requested. Three years later, she gave birth to a precious baby boy who she could only cry for. Thinking of all the pain her child would have to endure, Adelais nearly took both their lives at that moment. However, recalling how helpless she was when her first child was taken from her, Adelais was fearful but chose not to bend this time. In fact, she found hope. Hope that she would find her daughter and one day leave this all behind.

Her son's birth was like a spark. She began to smile more as she took over the role of the protective mother. She earnestly worked to keep the king happy and well while tending to her own duties. In the background however, she bribed many mice, birds, and even ants that roamed about the palace into becoming her informants, smoothly building an information network that could move about unhindered and best of all, unnoticed. Most plots aimed towards her or her son were easily avoided or fell before they could even form, leaving those with ill intentions wary and paranoid. Knowing this was a temporary solution for a life long problem, Adelais has now began to plot her own moves in retaliation.

[Note:Historic Background is subject to change depending on the history of the French King, French Queen, and Bastard Son's backgrounds or any others that involve this character in any way. Although I'm fine rolling with anything, if you feel like discussing involving my character in your character's history, feel free to send me a message~.]

Note:Historic Background is subject to change depending on the history of the French King, French Queen, and Bastard Son's backgrounds or any others that involve this character in any way. Although I'm fine rolling with anything, if you feel like discussing involving my character in your character's history, feel free to send me a message~.

That's quite understandable. I'll admit I hate you for your coding skills though xD.

Coolio

My coding skills are newbish at best. This was actually my first accordion attempt~
I'm just happy it's kinda mobile friendly this time.

Coolio

My coding skills are newbish at best. This was actually my first accordion attempt~
I'm just happy it's kinda mobile friendly this time.

Well I can't even do that so.

@Iceydaze well I wanna know how you did an accordion like that!

Does anyone feel up to making a banner?

I apologize, I've been being lazy for the last day or so and I'm trying to make my thing look pretty since I ended up writing so much. Lol I hope to get it done by today or early tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.