"My father went overboard with the presents, but he does it every year. It won't ever change, however old we get. It'll be the same for Eva. He's already splashed out on so much stuff for her and she's barely two weeks old," the teenager snorted, managing to at least gain his breath back after having arrived with barely any left to spare. It was at least physical evidence that he liked the man sat opposite him. Eden wasn't one for exercise and had only trained once in his life, after which he vowed never to do it again. The fact he ran for ten minutes straight to get to the restaurant with Leopold was the evidence that he felt strongly for him - not just any man would have him breaking out into that sort of thing easily.

"Of course I want your present, though. You didn't need to get me anything. Just... this dinner is like enough of a gift, really. You got oysters and champagne, it's... like our signature meal, right? I've already had a huge dinner with my family, but I can eat my weight in food. It's like my talent. Echo doesn't eat much. Papa said I used to steal all his food when we were kids," he babbled as his mood all but perked up in his eagerness. He had waited all day for this moment with Leopold, because he knew that, after a month of patience, he could finally reward the man with a kiss and whatever else that followed. It was a huge moment, but one he honestly couldn't wait a second longer for.

"So, um... how long do we have together tonight before you go home to your... husband?"

Leopold winced at the word. It was as if the sound of the word caused physical pain. Looking at the other apologetically, he checked his watch to see how much time they had tonight. "...I have two hours to spend with you." He didn't want Eden to have to worry about his husband while they were together. It made him feel so terrible, really. Taking his hands into his own, he offered a small smile. "Hey, look here. Don't worry about that, hmm? Today's your day. Your birthday. Let us enjoy this."

And so, they dined as they usually did. Talking and joking with the other. Currently, the two were walking in the park, hand in hand. Leopold was teasing the other, not letting him have his gift yet, as he kept it tucked under his other arm. "Alright, you really want it? Fine, have it~" He smiled, letting go of his hand to give him the gift.

The gift was expensive, but a must for an artist. They were beautiful art brushes, made of high quality. And in each brush had Eden name engraved on it, as well as a reason Leopold adored him. In total there were eighteen different brushes, and eighteen different reasons Leopold adored the other. Smiling at the other, he kissed his forehead happily. "Happy birthday, Eden."

Eden adored jewels and fancy chocolates and, despite preferring comfortable clothes that cost very little at the mall, he did like expensive clothes now and then too. He'd had plenty of that sort of thing today, but this present from Leopold really did take his birthday up a whole different level. In fact, as he examined every single paintbrush with a personal message inscribed on each and every one, his eyes did prick with tears.

It had been a mere month spent in Leopold's company, and he knew that his family would call him completely and utterly naive and ridiculous for falling in love with an older, married man in such little time - but he knew he loved him. It wasn't love at first sight, but it was certainly a love that developed quickly and grew stronger and more passionate by the day. He wasn't ever going to apologise for how he felt, because his emotions were one thing he could not ever control - and nor did he ever want to.

"...These are... Leo, these are amazing," he grinned, tearfully sniffling and continuing to hold the gift close-- at least until realising that this was the perfect moment to do the one thing he and Leopold had wanted for a whole month. Leo didn't have much time left to spend with him, and there wasn't quite a more perfect moment than kissing underneath the moonlit night sky. So, tentatively and cautiously, he leaned in to place his lips against the man's, experiencing a sudden burst of tingles all across his body.

If kissing felt like this, he could definitely understand why his father did so much of it with Jasper and Kamil - it was definitely a feeling that Eden wanted more of. Sadly, he knew that they didn't have the time.

Holding the younger's boys cheeks so he had no option to pull away, Leopold softly moaned against his lips. Tingles and shocks burst through him, running all over his body. He'd never experienced a kiss quite like that. After a few moments, he pulled away, desiring to do a lot more, but alas...They didn't have the time to. Leaning his forehead on the other's, he stroked Eden's dark black hair down. Giving him a small smile, he pulled away completely. "I didn't know you had the courage to kiss me first. Maybe you aren't as innocent as I thought you were, Eden." He teased playfully.

"...Tonight was lovely." He whispered, not wanting it to end. He wanted to spend the rest of the night, kissing and cuddling the other, going as far as his young lover wanted. He wanted to fall asleep with the other in his arms, and wake up to the beautiful sight of Eden. But he couldn't do that. He was a married man. He needed to be home. "I should get you home, hmm?"

"The last thing you should do is walk me home. My... family are probably waiting for me right now, and I don't need my brother looking down from the balcony to see us. He thinks I'm over you, so... so I'll just walk home, okay? I don't want to, I... want to stay here, but that's... impossible, isn't it?" He sighed heavily, albeit with a meek smile just so he could pretend he was okay. He was far from okay about this whole situation. He knew that was his fault for falling in love with a married man, but he refused to feel guilty. He was in love and he wanted to spend time with the man he loved - was that really so bad?

"I... I need to go," he decided, albeit after a very long pause to continue to soak up the feeling of having had his first kiss. It made everything feel so much... better. The cold wind around hardly bothered him and the drunken yells of a few party-goers barely registered, when usually it would annoy him. He was on cloud nine, and he wanted to enjoy the moment as long as he could. "When... can I see you next?"

"Tomorrow afternoon. I'll be free. We could do whatever you want." He smiled, wanting to just stay with him. He too fell in love with Eden. He never felt this for anyone really. This love felt more...Passionate, more everything really. He wanted to stay in his company. Eden made him wish he was more patient and didn't get married so easily. "...I'll see you tomorrow, love." He whispered, leaning in for one last peck. "I love you." He whispered, opening his eyes to look into Eden's. It was the first time he really said it.

"...I mean it, Eden Bonucci. I love you, with everything in me. Good night." After pecking him just one last night, he left. Echo was at home, waiting for his twin. He wondered what was really going on. He was so...Eager to get out of the house. He had no idea he was still seeing Leopold. Eden told him everything. Just as Echo told him everything. Echo had recently gained a few boyfriends...Yes, a few. And he told Eden how dumb they all were...But Echo noticed that when he spoke to his twin lately, his mind would be elsewhere, or he would be giggling down at his phone. Something was up.

Everything was quiet when Eden returned, giving him false hope that he could just sneak into bed and wake up in the morning without too many questions. Theodore, under the impression that Eden simply wanted to have a walk (which was genuinely characteristic of the young demon), had gone to bed with his lovers, desperate for a few hours rest before little Eva woke crying for a midnight feed. However, Eden had conveniently forgotten one thing - his brother. He should have known better to think his brother would fall for the excuse, yet he had overlooked that fact, causing him to pause in horror when noticing his brother wide awake in their shared bedroom.

"Why are you still awake, Echo?" He asked as calmly as he could. The walk back home at least allowed his red, bashful cheeks to calm down, thankfully. Moving his way to his large bed, he tugged his shoes and socks off, discreetly slipping Leopold's gift under his bed whilst bending over to fetch his pyjamas. "I only went for a walk, I... I don't need you worrying about me! I went for a walk, s-silly!"

"...Who said I was worrying? The fact that you're so defensive just screams that you are up to something. Do you really think you can hide anything from me, Eden? I am your twin. I know everything about you. Every single detail. I know you've been distracted lately. I know you've been going on these walks a lot more often. You've been having this goofy smile on your face too. I know something is up, so spill it. Who have you been seeing? Who is he?" He asked, arching his brow.

Eden did want to smile to himself at that because clearly, Echo didn't know everything about him, but that smugness faded quickly. Echo was his best friend as well as his twin brother. Hell, they were born so close together that even Theodore didn't know which one of them was the elder one. They shared everything together, so, almost as quickly as the smug feeling arrived, it faded again. He felt guilty for not sharing, but he had reasons for that. His time with Leopold was special and he didn't want it ruined by his brother calling him a pervert, or a creep, or judging Eden for his choice. He wanted things to continue to be so special... but hiding this from Echo was becoming impossible.

"Leopold," he answered weakly, slipping under his covers. "I-I never really said it was over. You said it, and I... nodded. I didn't say openly! I... I love him, Echo. A-A lot-- and he loves me, he said so. I... He loves me and he'll leave his husband one day, I think. When the t-time's right. He bought me amazing paintbrushes tonight and we had oysters and champagne, that's like our meal, it's... cute. I... don't ruin this f-for me! You have boyfriends and that's fine, but I... I have one man who I love w-with all my heart and I don't want you r-ruining it with mean words."

Echo didn't know what to think. He didn't know whether to yell at his brother for being so stupid or to pat him on the back for actually standing up for something he believed in. It was no secret that Eden was the shyer of twins, and Echo was usually the one coming to his brother's defense. But just know, he took a stand, telling his brother to back off. Echo would have been brother. Would of. But he felt like this Leopold, or whatever his name was, was tricking his gullible brother.

The man was going to leave his husband? Ha! Every married man said that to some young naive person, and now Eden was falling for it. Echo didn't know just how serious this couple was. He didn't know how very real their feelings were for each other. He was an outsider, judging. But if anyone from the outside would look at the couple, they would all see what Echo saw. A married man, bored with marriage just trying to get in the pants of someone young and cute.

Angrily, Echo balled up his fist, firmly pressing them to his sides. "Leopold? You fell in love with a human? Do you know how...How idiotic this whole thing is?" He yelled...Well sort of yelled. It was more like a whisper yell. Eva was in the other room, and he didn't want his little sister to be disturbed. He did love the baby girl, it was hard not to. Massaging his temples, he shook his head before throwing his arms up as if he surrendered. "You know what? I'm done. I'll let you get yourself hurt this time. We all need a heartbreak once. You'll realize then, that I was right."

"Well, you're not right. You... you haven't got a clue because you've never been in love. You have boyfriends, but you don't love them. You're just... you're acting like Papa before he found Kamil and Jasper. You're... just feeding off affection and I'm fine with that if that makes you happy, so why can't you be happy for me, knowing I've... I've found love this early in my life? I didn't have to wait decades like Papa," he pointed out, growing more and more confident as the seconds ticked by. He'd often found hobbies in his life that he grew passionate about, but had dropped and abandoned because his brother told him to. He was very much his brother's shadow, copying him and doing what he wanted to do--

But that was apparently coming to an end here. Being with Leopold made him realise that his brother wasn't his owner. Admittedly, Echo wasn't cruel or mean and he didn't enforce that - Eden was the one to follow him, voluntarily and willingly. So, he was free to cut the reigns and do something he wanted to do - and he was pretty prepared to do that right now.

"I adore him. He's human and that's an issue, and he's married, but I love him regardless and I won't listen to your silly concerns because they'll never come to fruition," he declared boldly, glaring over at him. "...Tomorrow I'm meeting him and we're going shopping uptown and... and maybe we'll find time to go to a hotel room. Does that horrify you? That I might have sex before you? Because you're the hot one, right? The sexy, confident twin who all the guys fall for. It must suck that I'm overshadowing you, huh?"

"I've lost my virginity." Mumbled the teen tiredly to his brother, wondering why it was such a competition. "And I told you about it...Three nights ago. Or were you just too preoccupied with your thoughts of a married man to hear your brother talk about anything, anymore?" Echo turned away from him, pulling his thick blanket over his body to ignore his twin, and shut him out.

"I can't believe you. I can't believe you right now at all. Just go be happy with your married man for now." Grumbled the twin as he closed his eyes. The next day, Leopold and Eden were out. They were at an aquarium, holding hands, just acting like...A couple. Leopold couldn't think of a time he was happier than this moment.

Eden had never seen anything like an aquarium before. They had animals back home of course, but nothing like the animals swimming about behind the glass. Rather than pools of water, there were often pools of pure lava, bubbling hotly around the pits of Hell - and nothing was going to thrive and live in them. Thus, Eden walked about in complete fascination with every sight his eyes laid upon, his mind whirring about painting all of these new memories as soon as he got home.

Though, as alive as his mind was, and as fascinated as he had become, he couldn't help but allow Echo's words to infect him. This was a date with the man he loved, but Echo's words still -appropriately- echoed in his head.

"...My brother isn't very happy that we're together," he murmured as he took a seat opposite a tank of tropical fish, smiling to himself at the array of colours on display in front of him. "He... He was really rude. Said you'd break my heart and wouldn't... leave your husband-- though you will, right? Leave your husband, I mean. I want to be with you and... and you being married is an issue."

He hated being reminded he was married when he was with Eden. It dampened the mood, it made him realize how complicated this situation was. Glancing down at Eden, he stared into those green eyes. Behind that amazement of the fishes, was worry. He had been worrying about this all day then. Tugging his mouth up into a smile, he wrapped an arm around his shoulders, pulling the other close into him. "...Eden. I will leave him. That's a promise. Just give me a little time. A month to get the papers and break it to him. I'm sure he notices that...Something is different about the relationship. I don't even sleep in the same bed as him." Answered the reaper honestly.

Placing his soft lips on his forehead, he just soaked in this warm feeling. Eden was his sun. He made everything so pure...Nothing could wrong when he was with Eden. Everything was right. Being here with him...It was right. Just holding onto him felt like...He was perfect. This was perfect. He was perfect. Looking into his eyes lovingly, he leaned in kiss those sweet lips again. Ever since the first kiss, he couldn't get enough. He didn't understand how he had survived so long without kissing Eden. It was all he wanted to do know. Kiss him. And kiss him. And kiss him. Again, and again until his lips were numb and swollen. Pulling back from the sweet kiss, he rested his forehead on the other. "...Your brother isn't going to like me. And it may take a while for him to like me but...Ignore what he says about us. This is real, okay? What we're feeling is very real. He won't understand because he just sees it as...I'm a married man, cheating on my husband. But this isn't all this is. This isn't some fling, you know that. This is real." He promised.

This was precisely what Eden needed to hear. His brother's understandable doubts had manifested into Eden's head. Perhaps he should have had more faith in Leopold's declarations of love, but Eden was new to the dating scene and new to feelings of love. His first relationship was with a married man - his doubts, therefore, however small and easily defeated they had been, were understandable and well-founded.

But they were defeated; squashed instantly the moment Leopold kissed his lips and reassured every little worry he had. Echo might have had reasons to worry, but now Eden had the evidence he needed to defend his relationship. Nobody could fake love like this. Eden might be naive when it came to love, but he was no idiot. He could see the sincerity in the man's eyes, and that really couldn't be faked.

"...I do trust you, I just... a-anyway, I love you," he repeated quietly, entwining his fingers with the older man's as he happily drank in how cute the scene was. Here, nobody judged them or knew the complexities in their relationship. They didn't know Leopold was married and that Eden was his affair. Here, Eden could just pretend everything was perfect before returning to normality--

Except, there was a stumbling block in the perfect date; one person who made Eden freeze in panic - Kamil. With Theodore and Jasper both at work, the angel had decided that today would be the day he headed out the apartment with little Eva. With his new daughter strapped to his chest in a baby carrier, the new parent was the epitome of cute in his pink overalls and with his blonde hair brushed back. He had decided that the aquarium would be a good place to relax for the day, in the peace and quiet. Even if his daughter wasn't old enough to even get excited by the fush swimming about, it was a calm place to be, out of the glare of the summer sun outside.

Though, he hardly expected to bump into Eden... and he really didn't expect to see him sat with a man he immediately could sense was a Reaper. And one he actually recognised.

Kamil had had plenty of jobs when he was an angel in Heaven, and one of his first jobs was being a messenger between his superiors and the Reapers. He would deliver messages and attend meetings, and on many occasions he'd been in the same room as Leopold. Decades upon decades had passed, but he still recognised him - and this was the last place he thought he'd meet a Reaper.

"...What... is this, exactly?" He said slowly, approaching with his blue eyes wide in confusion. "...Eden, why are you... sat with... him? Better yet, what are you doing sat with my boyfriend's son, Leopold?"

Leopold was enjoying this cute moment, enjoying it as much as his boyfriend. He just held onto his hand, watching the colorful and tropical fish swim about until the angel approached. Leopold was surprised really. It had been forever since he last seen Kamil, but of course, he recognized him...And he had a child? He could tell the baby wasn't fully angel. Full angel babies almost glew up, literally like, they seemed to shine. This one had that shine, but it wasn't as blinding as a full angel. Was Kamil a fallen? He'd never seen that coming.

And then he shocked him more. His boyfriend's son? So Kamil was with Theodore's father? This was all so much. Glancing down at his young boyfriend, he just gave him a smile, sensing the panic from his boyfriend. Standing up from the bench, letting go of Eden's hand, he held out that hand to shake Kamil's. "Well, what a charming way to say hi, Kamil. I see you have a little one here." He cooed, looking at the child, half expecting her to look like Eden...But she didn't. Not at all. Eva was still gorgeous of course, don't get me wrong, but if Kamil was with Theodore' dad shouldn't she look like Eden? He still had no idea Eden was a demon, that Kamil had two boyfriends and one was the devil.

That would just further complicate his relationship with Eden. "Kamil, you look wonderful. And as to your question, well we're out at the aquarium. Enjoying the fish, and what not. Aren't you doing the same?"

"Don't you think it'd a little irresponsible for you to be... acquainting yourself with... him?" Began Kamil in a hushed but very urgent whisper, his eyes quietly glancing across to Eden, who sat looking so terrified that it hurt Kamil's heart just looking at him. He understood why he was terrified. If news of this reached Theodore, not only would the fledgling relationship be over, but Leopold's own life would be in danger.

Simply put, Theodore hated Reapers. They were supposed to be neutral, but they'd chosen to favour the angels, forming close bonds with them rather than the demons that Theodore ruled over. He held a grudge and, if he knew his precious son had formed a relationship with one, he'd be furious. Particularly if that Reaper was married.

"I... get that I'm a hypocrite," the fallen angel continued, weakly frowning as he took in his daughter's sleepy face. "I'm hardly the person to tell you that you shouldn't fall in love with someone not in your species, Leopold, but dating Theodore's son is... it's suicide."

From that alone, it was clear how naive Kamil was. He automatically assumed that the two were honest with one another, thus assuming they knew just who and what the other one was. How wrong Kamil was.

"I love Eden like my own son, and I... don't want to see him hurt. I also love Theodore and I realise he'll snap your neck without hesitating. Dating a demon isn't something you should do, not when he's the son of the Devil, Leopold. I... I can keep this quiet if you just leave the boy be--"

"...He didn't... o-oh god, he didn't know I was..." Began Eden, his own eyes widening when realising Kamil, despite trying to help, had just released the whole truth-- but he was saved from total heartbreak. Kamil wouldn't just release this information to a human, right? And he clearly knew Leopold. That... confused Eden, whose eyes filled with confusion. "...A... Are you... a-an angel? Oh god. O-Oh... y-you are, aren't you? My father w-will kill me if he... if he thought I... was with a-a married a-angel..."

Demon? The son of the devil? Leopold looked back don at Eden, his eye wide and frantic. Eden was a demon. Not a regular demon, the son of the Devil. This just complicated things even more. Even if he did get a divorce; even if he was single now, it wouldn't matter. Everyone knew Theodore despised Reapers. He hated them for the simple fact that they were more on the side of angels. And being with his precious son...Was going to endanger his life.

Grimacing, he looked away from Eden...His precious beautiful Eden. Eden was his...Eden had just become his. He hadn't even been able to fall asleep and wake up with Eden in his arms yet. He hadn't been able to just count his breaths as he slept. He hadn't been able to do all the beautiful relationship things. "...Thank you, for worrying, Kamil." Leopold told him, taking Eden's hand before pulling him out of the aquarium, and away from the angel.

Of course...Of course, Eden just couldn't be a regular demon. He had to be the fucking Prince of Hell! What was he to do now? He...He couldn't just end things. He wouldn't just end things. He loved Eden. Glancing down at his teary-eyed, and terrified lover, he cupped his face in his hands, wiping his eyes. "...This means nothing....I'm a Reaper...You're a demon...That means nothing to me. It changes nothing...We...We can be happy still."

How? How was this ever going to be the same again?

Theodore might have found himself a human (and an angel) to be with, but he was okay being labelled a hypocrite. His situation was different, far different than Eden's was. He and Kamil had waited for decades to be with Jasper, and they'd slowly fallen in love with one another. Kamil had given up everything, so Theodore trusted him completely because he knew where his loyalty laid.

He didn't know where Leopold's lied - and neither did Eden. He knew about Reapers, after his father would return home from meetings in Hell, ranting furiously about them and how he despised their existences. He knew that their loyalty often lied with angels, and Leopold might just feel that way too. Hell, he was married! How did Eden knew his loyalty wasn't still with his husband; that all those little words were just that - meaningless words uttered to curb Eden's distrust?

"...My father will kill you," he said simply, his eyes fluttering up at him with a sadness, even if he tried his best to be confident. "You... are a Reaper. He hates your kind. He wouldn't like me being with a married man, let alone one who was... like you. I... I can't b-believe y-you... how can I trust you? My father says... he says your kind a-are... are untrustworthy."

"Eden stop." He commanded but he held no base in his voice. It was more like a plea. "...You know me. You know me, Eden. You know everything about me. Just a moment ago, you trusted me with your life. Now it's different because I'm a Reaper? It shouldn't be different. It should just be okay. You feel that?" He asked, grabbing Eden's hand and placing it on his chest. "My heart...It beats for you, Eden. You may find that corny, you may find it cliche, and lame. But it's so true."

Eden was breaking his heart right now. How could he say all these things? How could he say he didn't trust him? "...I love you, Eden. You know that...Your father...He doesn't have to know about us. We can keep it like this. Just us...It can always just be us. And once I'm divorced it can be more of just us. You can always come to my house, we can always be together, no time limits or anything."