"...I don't want to split up. I don't. Why would I? I love you t-too much a-and... and I want to keep it a secret. But Kamil will... he'll tell my father eventually and then you'll be hurt and then I'll have nobody," he grimaced, making sure Kamil was nowhere to be seen before pressing back into his boyfriend, his hands reaching to cup the man's cheeks. He hadn't had the confidence to take such a step before, but what did he have to really worry about?

When they had so much drama around them, a simple thing like this hardly seemed like that big of a deal.

"...I don't have any answers, I just w-want to be with you. That's all that matters. I just don't know what to do-- you... you can't even go to my father and tell him because he'll kill you on sight. He's... not very accommodating."

"...This might sound crazy but-...Never mind, let's just not think about it for now, okay? Let's worry about it some other time." Leopold was going to ask Eden to just run away with him. He was going to say wait until the divorce to run with him. How fucked up was that? Telling the boy to abandon his entire family for him. He needed to come back to reality. Eden wouldn't do that. Leopold wouldn't let him do that.

Holding his hand tightly, he pulled him to start walking. This day was so...It was perfect and now it wasn't. Now he knew everything he has gotten himself into, and he was in too deep to just say no. He loved Eden.

The day was officially ruined and, despite his attempt to salvage it, all the teenager wanted to do was return home and lock himself in his room. He loved Leopold deeply, but how was he supposed to be confident in their relationship? Leopold was everything Eden had been taught to hate; he was a Reaper and they were hated almost more than angels because they had a choice to align themselves with demons... and often didn't take that. Really, it shouldn't matter. Theodore proved that you could fall in love with someone who, on paper, should be the enemy - he loved Kamil with all his heart, so it shouldn't be such a big deal that Eden loved someone like Leopold.

But it was a big deal; a very big deal and he couldn't quite get it out of his head. He feared that his father would somehow find out the truth and he couldn't live without Leopold. It might sound dramatic for someone who'd just been dating him a mere month, but he felt they were soulmates and... and he really couldn't cope without him.

So when he did arrive home after a few hours, having spent a lot of that time alone and walking about to clear his head, it struck fear into him when seeing his father on the couch with Echo, looking gravely serious. Theodore ought to be at work at this time of night, ready for his shift at the club. He was definitely ready to head out, dressed in his usual fancy outfit, but he was instead sat in his armchair with a serious frown on his lips.

"...Come and sit, Eden," he murmured, smiling over at his son which at least settled Eden's nerves somewhat. Taking a hefty glug of champagne, the man set his cigarette down and finally moved to talk. "I... received some news from Hell today. They're getting antsy without me and I have no intentions of heading home right now. I still rule, I love it there and I'll gladly head home a few hours a day to handle business... but not yet. But they need someone down there to... you know, handle business and be a figure of power and authority, and... I don't want either of you going, but I... would appreciate it if one of you could... head down there for a little while and... make sure everything's okay? Kamil reminded me that you're adults now and... this could be good for one of you, hm? A little experience running things-- and besides, you have all my advisers and guards there to help you. It might be fun, to have the castle to yourselves for a little while, and I'll visit, and it won't be that long anyway."

"One of us? Papa, no. Neither of us wants to go, and we're never separate." Echo immediately answered. While he and his brother had fought about Leopold, he wasn't ready to be without Eden. Eden was his twin! Thy did everything together. Had been together since birth. He wasn't about to head to Hell without him, and he damn sure wasn't going to just let Eden head off without him. "That's silly, we're barely eighteen, and you want to force this...This Kingdom onto us! I won't have it! I want to have fun, right Eden? He wants to have fun too! And...You can just separate us like that Papa!" Whined Echo, squeezing his brother's hand tighter.

He and Eden hadn't been apart from each other more than a day. A mere day. Wherever Eden went, Echo would follow and vice versa.

"Do you think I want you to go? Don't be ridiculous. It simply means that I might... need to go for a while and I didn't want to drag you two with me. You like it here, hm? I thought you would. I feel awful dragging you back home with me--"

"We can stay with Jasper and Kamil, it's... not that bad, Papa. I like them and you can come visit every day, it's not like you're disappearing for months without ever coming back, r-right? You can come up and visit and... and it'll be fine. It'll be difficult but... but fine," began Eden, his own lips pulling into a horrified frown at the situation. He didn't want to head down Home, not when he had a relationship and a proper life here in this realm. Knowing his father had to return for a month or two was horrible, even if the man would be able to return an hour or two per day.

It was still a nightmare. Sure, he liked the angel and the human more than he thought he ever would, but being without Theodore for most of the day still horrified him. But on the other hand, it was a good thing. He could go and be with Leopold without Theodore being around to discover them. It was a selfish thought... but he was so deeply in love with Leopold that he hardly cared.

"But if you have to go, I understand," he said slowly, smiling at his father. "I... don't mind being here. Jasper's basically my age, so he's fun, and... Kamil is really nice..."

"Yeah, we're fine here Papa. Just visit every day. And if you can't visit one day call us." Echo agreed, standing up to hug his Papa, smiling brightly at him. "Don't worry about us~ We're adults now, and we can handle being up here. Plus Kamil and Jasper aren't so bad when you get to know them. They're actually enjoyable." He teased.

Echo had warmed up to the couple a lot after Eva was born. He adored his baby sister, often buying her little tiny tutus and dresses. She was barely two months, yet she was already dressed in designer.

Now, Theodore had come to terms with the fact his babies were grown up, but that didn't necessarily mean he liked it - and it hit home just how grown up they were now they were both smiling and encouraging him to head back to Hell to settle people's minds. He wanted them to beg him not to go, not to openly encourage the decision... and it just reminded him that they weren't little kids dependent on him.

But Eva was. Sure, she wasn't dependent on Theodore because she had other parents, but he still didn't want to miss out on raising her for a few months. She might not biologically be his, but she was as much his child as the twins were. He adored her, and leaving her as well as the twins tore him apart. But he knew it had to be done. He could at least visit for an hour each day, so it wasn't like he was disappearing for months on end.

"...You two are too grown up, I don't like it," the man mumbled as he reached back for his cigarette, whilst tugging on his favourite pair of designer heels. "...Be good for Jasper and Kamil, hm? They do like you both-- Kamil sees you as his kids, it's kind of adorable. And don't grow up too much. No boyfriends, hm? You're too young for all that."

"We know, Papa, we know." Replied Echo, holding his father in a tight embrace. All his life, he had been so dependent and clingy to Theodore. So it could be a bit of a shock that he and his twin had grown their own wings and were ready to fly. But that was normal. They were eighteen. It would be more worrying if they made no effort to be independent. Letting go of his father, he giggled lightly. "You made this so dramatic. We'll still see you, and this is only for a few months, Papa. And we aren't growing up too fast. And we promise to have no boyfriends."

A lie. They both did have boyfriends but...A little white lie wouldn't hurt Theodore. He needed to hear that his sons were still his babies. Even if they weren't. Besides, how could he tell his dad that he actually had three boyfriends, and Eden was dating a married older man? That was insane! He couldn't tell him that, so he just kept quiet about it. "Well, you should get to work Papa, don't wanna be late~ Plus, Eden and I were going to have movie night in our room, right Eden?"

"...Right. Fine. Don't rub it in. Papa has to go work and have a horrid few hours at a boring job while you two get to watch movies and eat snacks. I'm jealous," sighed the man dramatically, though that in itself was a lie. He hardly hated his job - it was everything he adored. He was in a committed relationship with both his boyfriends, and he loved them dearly, but that didn't mean he couldn't enjoy his job. After all, it was just a job. His flirtation with men at the fancy strip club didn't mean anything, and he was at least glad to have boyfriends who understood that.

But he didn't want his sons thinking that he loved that environment... even if they'd always been aware their father was into all of that.

Watching his father tug on his fur coat and rush out the apartment, the boy cast his twin an awkward glance. "...If he realises we lied to him, he'll be furious. I... just want to watch a movie and not talk about this, okay?"

"He won't realize we lied. Besides, we're eighteen, not eight. We can have some fun. It's normal to want to have relationships." Looking down at his brother, he wanted to ask what was going on. He knew something was up. He was upset, or skittish about something. It must have something to do with Leopold. But the other just said he didn't want to talk. So he knew best not to try and push it.

"...Come on. Let's go to our room." He smiled, helping his twin up, squeezing his hand. "I'm sorry...About yelling at you. I hate fighting with you. You're my twin. And while I hate your...whatever you call him, I love you so...I guess I support you or whatever." Mumbled the boy, hugging his twin tightly with a happy smile.

"Leopold. His name is fucking Leopold. Don't disrespect him, that's... completely disregarding the love I hold for him and... and don't do it, Echo, it's not nice," he suddenly snapped, the rare outburst a culmination of all the stress he was having to go through. Everything with Leopold now he knew who and what he was was a complete clusterfuck, and it consumed his whole thought and being. His brother hadn't necessarily said anything outrageous, but it was one thing that just caused Eden to erupt.

He was in a volatile, emotional place and the littlest thing that he would usually ignore suddenly become an issue for him.

"...He's... I don't think we'll see each other again anyway," he admitted as he wandered into their bedroom, sinking to the bed with a faint sniffle. "He's...a Reaper. Kamil knows him. I... It was bad enough thinking he was human, but Papa might have accepted that. He... would never accept him now, so it's probably over, so you can g-go celebrate because I know you hated him."

Seeing his brother be all upset surprised him. Following him, he went to sit with him, grimacing softly. "Hey...I'm not going to celebrate. I mean...I know I didn't like him like him, sure. But you did. And I wanted to let you know I support you...So what if he's a reaper. Papa's dating a human and an angel. Both are looked down on, he can't say much about a Reaper." He grumbled, crossing his arms as he thought about it.

"But he's married and he's older-- he's older than Jasper! It... it is weird, Echo. You're right, you know? It's weird and I was blind to that. Papa would hurt him and punish me if he found out, so... that's more evidence to suggest that it's not going to work. I want it to, I do, but... I-I don't know. He doesn't seem like he's even in a rush to leave his husband either," he shrugged, forcing one of his brave smiles, despite the fact he wanted to bawl his eyes out and have a well-deserved crying session to relieve himself of all the pent-up emotions.

"I j-just... it doesn't matter. He's my first relationship, those never work out anyway. Look at Papa. He's had loads and... and only now has he really settled down."

Echo looked at him, before pulling him into a hug. "...Let it out, Eden...It's just me here. No one is going to judge you." He whispered to his twin, knowing he needed to cry. "You'll feel better once it's all out." Rubbing his back in soothing circles, he closed his eyes, resting his head on top of Eden's head. He didn't know what exactly happened between the two that made Eden so sad and want to break up with his boyfriend, but he was going to be there for him. He was going to support whatever decision he made.

"We're 18, not 8. Remember? I'm not going to cry, that's childish. I'm fine, just... I don't know what to do, I'm not being reckless and saying that I'm going to leave him, I just... don't know. Papa's gone for a while, but he'll be visiting, so it's not even like I can date Leopold without worry. It's just a... lot. For my first relationship, it's a lot," he sighed, pressing his knuckles into his temples to massage them, hoping it would eliminate the horrid headache he'd suddenly gained, but when it only increased it he quickly let his hands drop back to his lap.

"...How's your boyfriend?-- sorry. Boyfriends," he began with a faint smile, doing anything to avoid focusing on his own drama right now. "I mean, that's... a lot, Echo. Papa only has two, and you have three."

"...It's not healthy to keep your feelings bottled up. And it's fine for adults to cry." He reassured, but when seeing his brother was desperately trying to change it, he sighed, and decided to change it. "They're fine, really. They don't know about each other. They each go to a different college or just work. It's kind of cool." Replied Echo, smiling a bit, as he looked at his lap.

"...I'm breaking up with two of them though...Those two had claimed they loved me and...They were never supposed to be serious. It's weird. It made me feel gross. Like...I dunno, I just didn't like it, made me want to run away and never look back. I don't think I'm ready for love or anything like it." Mumbled the twin as he glanced at his brtoher.

"...I never realised how different we actually are until now, Echo. I... love being in love. Being around that one person who makes my heart skip a beat and... and who can wrap his arms around me and make me feel safe. I love that. It's fine if you don't, not yet anyway. I just... we're not really as similar as I... first thought," he laughed, finally seeming to ease out of his emotional turmoil, if only a little bit. His feelings for Leopold hadn't disappeared, and nor had the confusion over how to deal with the situation, but for now, he was happy to forget about it for a few hours and just... be normal for a while.

"You know, I thought you'd end up with Cerberus," he began after a few moments of comfortable silence. Cerberus had always been a presence in their lives, and a presence in Theodore's ever since he became a demon. Commonly known as the 'guard dog of Hell', and the nearest and dearest ally to Lucifer, Cerberus had been right at his side when Theodore arrived - and immediately placed his loyalty with him, standing back as Lucifer was killed. For the following decades, the figure adopted a more human-like form to accompany his new role as Theodore's adviser and most trusted friend. He was always around, always ready to clear up drama and squash a rebellion or two, easily doing so with his immense strength. He was right there when the twins were born, babysitting them and showing a softer side whenever Theodore had to work.

And being without him since their arrival in New York was... difficult. He'd been left in Hell while Theodore moved away to start a life elsewhere, knowing he couldn't possibly bring him along with him. He wanted to, of course he did, but it wouldn't have been fair on Jasper and Kamil to throw Cerberus into the mix too - even if Eden missed the man terribly.

"I mean, he is handsome," he continued, glancing to his brother with a faint smile. "And he always looked out for you. I just thought you'd end up with him at some point, that's all. I miss him. Lots. Do you?"

Echo had loved the man. Yes, Echo said he didn't like love, but that was because he had already been in love with Cerebus. Since he was young he had been fawning over him. But Echo felt like the man would never see him more than just some kid. And that hurt like hell. So Echo told himself he wouldn't love anyone. Love was stupid and unfair. And his had ended before it even began.

Looking at his lap, he thought about the time he'd spend with Cerberus before they came to New York. How he'd just eat with him in the garden, hanging onto the guard's every word. He loved the sound of his voice. And he missed saying his name. Cerebus. It put a sweet taste in his mouth. Cerebus was...So beautiful. Sighing, he looked away, shrugging. "...Yeah...I miss him." He whispered, before pulling his legs to his chest sadly.

He had done his best not to think about him. But the man always found a way back into his head. When he kissed one of his boyfriends, he was kissing Cerebus in his head. When he was talking to his boyfriends, he was talking to Cerebus in his head. Everything was about him.

"Why don't we summon him? We could all go out and... do something fun? I'm not a child, I... want to experience things normal teenagers do. I want to just have fun and... Papa can't be mad at us for heading out this late if we bring Cerberus with us, right? He's technically our guard, he should probably be with us all the time," began Eden with an innocent smile, even if his intentions were far from naive. He knew exactly what he was doing, that same glint Theodore got in his eye when he was being devious now propping up in Eden's.

He'd always known his brother had the crush, and he didn't see a better time than now to see where things would lead. Echo was old enough to make his own decisions and he deserved to experience love, like Eden did.

"He's probably bored down there anyway. Papa's not there, we're not there. He deserves to be brought up here and experience some fun, don't you think?" The mischievous demon beamed, his eyes already darkening as he pressed his hands together to summon Cerberus. The only reason he hadn't done so already was Theodore's insistence that they couldn't bring him - he wasn't exactly part of the family they were creating here, however sad that was. But now? Now Eden decided to rebel against that and bring the man where he belonged; around the twins, specifically around Echo.

"He should be here soon," he grinned, opening his eyes up again after the silent summoning, laying back against the pillows casually. "It's been ages. I bet he's still handsome. I love Leopold, he's my everything, but... Cerberus is gorgeous, I think--"

Stopping suddenly, the knock on the apartment door was everything he wanted to hear, listening out eagerly as he heard Kamil's voice-- and then the deep, smooth voice of Cerberus asking -or rather, demanding- that he be let in. The urgency in his voice suggested that he thought something was wrong, explaining why he moved past the confused angel and burst straight into the twins' bedroom, only to stand confused when they didn't seem to be in any trouble.

"...I came from Hell for fucking this? You know I have a job down there, since your father decided to up sticks and disappear. I don't like it up here, I thought you were both in trouble-- honestly, you both irritate me so much," the large man groaned, standing in the doorway with his muscled arms folded strongly over his chest. It was clear just why Theodore had put him in charge of protecting the twins. Standing at 6'8" or so, with a body packed full of muscles, there wasn't anyone who would consider getting in a fight with him, which made him the perfect protector... even if he hadn't fulfilled that role in a while, having been separated from that duty when Theodore left Hell.

"What is it? Did you just want to say hello?" He continued tiredly, approaching a little with a faint smile. "'Cos I'm a busy man, guys."

1210.jpg

Last edited:
Echo's breath hitched slightly. It was as if he had never seen the guard before and was seeing him for the first time. It was always like that when he Cerebus. Cerebus was...Beautiful. And it hurt that the other only saw him as some...Kid he's been watching over. With a small smile, he awkwardly waved. The loud, and outgoing demon becoming shy and quiet. "Hey, Cerebus. We...We just wanted to see you...It's been a while."

Shuffling his feet, he looked down at himself, wanting badly to come up with something witty and cute to say, but his mind ran blank. All he could think was...He was here. Cerebus was here. Would he think Echo looked more mature, would he find him handsome? Echo hoped he would, but that was never going to happen. "...Stay." He finally said, looking up at him. "Why don't you stay and hang out with us?"